[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to buy a new monitor for gaming soon, I was thinking about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Acer GN246HL.jpg (165KB, 1500x1045px) Image search: [Google]
Acer GN246HL.jpg
165KB, 1500x1045px
Going to buy a new monitor for gaming soon, I was thinking about getting this one, what do you guys think? 1080p is enough for me and I can spend $200 max on it.
>>
>>388638120
>Not gaming on a 55" 4K TV with HDR.

Cringe.
>>
File: SWEETIE.jpg (228KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
SWEETIE.jpg
228KB, 666x666px
>>388638120
>PC gamers stare at a small ass monitor for hours at a time.

Buy a huge TV, sweetie. Be a real man for once in your life.
>>
>>388638428
>>388638652
Am I being baited?
>>
>>388638732
I don't know. Are you?
>>
>>388638120
In that price range you can buy any screen you like (outside of no name garbage) since 99% of them are build in the same sweatshops.
>>
>>388638120

the GN246HL is literally the worst 144hz monitor. Not flicker free, shit image quality, shit overdrive, not even displayport.
The only reason Acer keep selling it without even updating it is because sheep consumers don't give a single fuck as long as it has positive Amazon reviews (from sheep coming from 60hz monitors thinking 144hz is the best thing ever) and a slightly cheaper pricetag. I would call you a sheep too, except you actually bothered to ask
>>
here tank me later
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B2HH7G0/?tag=pcpapi-20
>>
>>388641290

the VG248QE is shit as well
>>
>>388641704
you choose fagot
inb4 some 60 hz ips meme one just cause of colors
>>
>>388642017
Not him but Viewsonic's XG2401 is pure kino.

https://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-XG2401-FreeSync-Monitor-DisplayPort/dp/B01A0ZRR50
>>
>h-hey
>get this 144hz monitor
>even if your budget is very tight
>which means your pc budget probably was too so you won't be able to run anything at that famerate anyway xd

thanks 4chin you're great
>>
>>388638732
Yes. Only a retard wants to play on a giant monitor 24 inches from his face and at 20fps.

>>388638120
I have the acer GN246HL 24" @ 144hz. If you're thinking of getting this monitor, I'll give you a bit of a warning from my own experience.

*Expect to see ghosting*

When I'm browsing 4chan and scroll up or down, the oulines of letters become light. I've gotten used to it, but it's still noticeable. Also, when playing some video games, you'll notice it. MGSV doesn't really show it noticeably because the ground and sky are usually a light tan dirt/sand color. Far Cry 2 on the other hand, employs a lot of dense jungle and shadow, so if I pan the cam left or right slowly, I can notice the edges ghosting. As I said, I'm used to this monitor, so I love it and I'm never going back to 60hz again, but if I were in the position to purchase a new 144hz monitor, I'd probably go BenQ or do some research to find out which monitors don't have ghosting.

For any anons who haven't tried a 144hz monitor yet, do yourself a favor and go to a BestBuy or somewhere that you can see one for yourself. The best way I can describe it is that they make things look so smooth that the mouse cursor almost looks like an actual object floating around your screen, whereas a 60hz monitor makes a cursor look like a slideshow moving around.
>>
>>388641290
>BOOBZ

obviously this is the best choice
>>
>>388642017

>>388641704

C24FG70 or XG2401 you donut.

It's not like the VG248QE is offensive if you're used to 60hz and budget image quality anyway, but there are way better options with factory accurate colors, flicker free backlight, Freesync support, etc. available for the same money in 2017

>>388642489
yeah the Acer has shit overdrive. Overshoot is 10 times worse than actually panel blur
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.