[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The last bastion of goodwill & community spirit that made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: bethesda creation club.jpg (12KB, 590x332px) Image search: [Google]
bethesda creation club.jpg
12KB, 590x332px
The last bastion of goodwill & community spirit that made gaming special is dead.

It's only a matter of time before this becomes the ONLY way to get mods with future bethesda games, along with the restricted modding capabilities that that entails.

R.I.P modding
>>
>>388635929
>Bethesda games
nothing of value was lost
>>
File: 1495129678213.png (30KB, 550x585px) Image search: [Google]
1495129678213.png
30KB, 550x585px
>>388636018
they produce some of the most moddable games we have. They've opened the gates for other devs with moddable games to follow a similar model, just as micro-transactions and small DLCs caught on.
>>
File: 1503456686300.jpg (155KB, 334x334px) Image search: [Google]
1503456686300.jpg
155KB, 334x334px
>Bethesda
>>
>>388635929
>implying people will stop making free mods
>implying I wont just pirate paid mods like I pirate games

Pretty much no change here.
>>
File: 1336564073581.png (11KB, 314x407px) Image search: [Google]
1336564073581.png
11KB, 314x407px
>>388636190
That's fine with me, Mods turned to pure garbage like 10 years ago. 10 Years ago a single guy would do 20 hour length complete redo mods on shit like quake engine or source. Today all you get is goku hair and lizard tits.

There's nothing stopping modders from making their own games, except incompetence of course because the best they can come up with is maid costumes for lizard people and model swapping shit in.

Come back when the modding scene unfucks itself.
>>
>>388636424
It would be extremely easy for Bethesda to make free or pirated mods impossible by simple requiring the game to verify any mods through their online server when you start playing. Thereby preventing you from using "unofficial" or "stolen" mods at all, even if your game was pirated, as long as the verification check was coded into the game files (as you would have to disable modding entirely to run a pirated version of the game this way).
>>
File: 1477231775633.gif (69KB, 212x169px) Image search: [Google]
1477231775633.gif
69KB, 212x169px
>>388636424
>it's only a matter of time before this becomes the ONLY way to get mods with future bethesda games

For now, we can ignore creation club. FOR NOW. If bethesda want to, they could absolutely make the creation club the only way to obtain workable in future games via some form of checks.

Also, in Fo4, some modders have already removed popular mods in order to make it so you can only get them on the creation club. Greed ruins everything.

Bethesda confirmed for being Thalmor scum.
>>
>>388636757
>It would be extremely easy for Bethesda to make free or pirated mods impossible by simple requiring the game to verify any mods through their online server when you start playing
That is incredibly easy to circumvent. Jesus christ, stop talking about shit you have no clue about.
>>
>>388636489
If you genuinely think that there aren't any complete overhaul mods for later Bethesda games you're a fucking moron.

Both Skyrim and FO4 have extensive overhaul and additional content mods.
>>
the only good thing about this piece of shit is that the community will desert them if there's no good easily accessible mods for their games. just look at fallout 4 for example
>>
>>388636793
>For now, we can ignore creation club. FOR NOW. If bethesda want to, they could absolutely make the creation club the only way to obtain workable in future games via some form of checks.

Oh sure, just like how every new DRM is for sure going to kill pirating it will be so easy for Bethesda to kill modding. If it were so easy it'd be done already, shut the fuck up.
>>
File: 20170829170111_1.jpg (349KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170829170111_1.jpg
349KB, 1920x1080px
It's worth it ;)
>>
>bethesda will die in you're time
>>
>>388635929
I would give a shit if I played any Bethesda games. I don't. Get better taste, OP.
>>
>>388637000
>just look at fallout 4 for example
If anyone thinks their next game will have better mods than this trainwreck, they're literally delusional.
>>
>>388635929

>new mount & blade game coming
>cyberpunk 2077 coming

Both games will have mod support, so why care about a relic?
>>
The only thing that made Bethesda games tolerable was mods. They just torpedoed the only thing that ever actually kept their shit games afloat.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.