[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know graphics aren't everything yadda yadda but how can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: ugly.jpg (123KB, 1172x684px) Image search: [Google]
ugly.jpg
123KB, 1172x684px
I know graphics aren't everything yadda yadda but how can you defend this? The graphics look washed out, uninspired, not much difference between background and foreground and plain dull in general. I am not complaining about the graphical capabilities of the 3DS (which I also question) but I am complaining more about the art direction. Both Metroid games on the GBA look amazing for example.
>>
If "people " can defend botw and it's shitty graphics they'll manage just fine with this
>>
The backgrounds being vibrant and unique during exploration justify it.
Looking at a static image in a boring area with a 240p game being blown up to 684p conveys a different impression than actually seeing the game.

Regardless, I too prefer the 2D games' art.
>>
>>388627264
Art direction in general seems to be dying. It's a shame that Metroid had to be affected too
>>
you have to keep in mind that the 3DS has a very small native resolution
the games are made to play on tiny screens and to be honest they don't look that bad in person
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (156KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
156KB, 1280x720px
>>388627889
>Art direction in general seems to be dying
as long as you keep buying Bethesda's shit, you're allowed to believe whatever you want
>>
>>388627520

I don't know about YOU but I have already played the game and saw it in action in real life and I was not impressed but still disgusted. It's like Mario Bros on the Wii. The backgrounds were so fucking disgusting and dull. Compare that (Mario) to something like Rayman. Nintendo seems to be shit at 3d backgrounds and still seems to struggle.
>exploration justify it.

Seriously? Where are vibrant colours? Some nice contrast? What do I want to explore in a boring environment?

>>388628021
Yeh compared to the giant screen the GBA had to offer? You want to excuse it with "the technology isn't good enough". They don't struggle with a 256 colour palette anymore but even with such colour limitations they managed to create games with amazing art like Super Metroid. This is BORING and has nothing to do with the 3ds not being powerful or the screen being too tiny or what not.
>>
>>388627264
Looks good to me, think you have eye cancer OP
>>
File: 1503230304219.jpg (76KB, 606x453px) Image search: [Google]
1503230304219.jpg
76KB, 606x453px
We had this exact situation years ago when they put out Link between worlds. It's specifically designed for the 3ds and it's 240p screen. It'll look like shit in screen shots on your 1080p - 4k monitor, but it'll look alot better on the 3ds. Yes the 3ds isn't powerful, you could have bought a Vita and supported by buying games. With "you" I'm not referring to any single one of you but to the majority, the majority bought a 3ds which is why there are still being games made for it. I own both a 3ds and a Vita and yes I'd like this on something more powerful, but 3ds has the biggest market share of any current system so go figure.
>>
Did OP really just post a 10x enlarged picture of a handheld screen that he screen capped from a Youtube video?
>>
>>388628952
What else should I have posted to get your attention? Sorry Mr Nintendo didn't gift me the game yet so that I could sdfoihdfoihdf whatever
>>
>>388627264
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOrkRW2NPQ8
>>
>>388629225
>>
>>388629248
yes? it looks like a n64 game.
you know, the first gen that tried to do 3d and that aged horribly like milk.
this game looks like shit.
>>
>>388628942

I actually own a Vita. It's a nice and powerful system that didn't get any love and is part of what's wrong with this world. The DS was already popular like fuck when the PSP had an amazing and fun library with great gameplay and graphics too. I've been told the DS has SO MANY GAMES and they are so great. So I also got a DS and besides Phoenix Wright, Hotel Dusk, 999 I don't find any enjoyable games on the system and I've certainly looked. The same goes for 3DS vs Vita. I've looked at what the 3DS has to offer and what's it like and still couldn't believe how popular this system is. People don't care about good games. They care about CHEAP hardware. The Chinaman might fart out a crappy system and people will buy it because it's cheap. Who needs quality? Also it's normies, mums and dads who buy stuff for their kids. It's like
>REMEMBER THE GAMEBOY?!
That's why Nintendo seems to be always winning with their low quality products. They roll like this since the dawn of time.
>>
>>388629248
WTF is about with that narrator explaining everything? This is so fucking awkward to watch.
>>
>>388629508
>>
>>388629759
we could have had superb 2d pixel sprites. instead we get ultra low poly, low res, keyframe animated 3d models. and you love it.
it's ironic how it is you who post the picture of a baby.
>>
>>388629508

He gets it! But seems like we are a minority here. I just don't understand it. Sometimes I feel like everyone is just stupid.
>>
>>388629615
Well that obviously depends on what kind of games you like, many people hail the Vita as having millions of great games but if you don't like C tier JRPG's and Visual Novels your scope suddenly got alot more narrow. I basically got it to play Persona 4, FFX, Danganronpa and steinsgate portable, these are good games in my opinion but they're also available on other systems.

The 3ds has alot a exclusive titles but if you don't like their type of games you probably won't like them, it's obvious that you favour VN's judging by the games you mentioned and I'm sorry that's no the system's fault it's that these games are niche.
>>
>>388629508
How did it age horribly?
>>
>>388629759
sick hairstyle
>>
>>388629508
>it looks like a n64 game.
Surely this is hyperbole. It has a way higher poly count and there's actual textures. Have you played an N64 game recently?
>>
File: wizzrobe.gif (2MB, 314x178px) Image search: [Google]
wizzrobe.gif
2MB, 314x178px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjQe-JY77Uk

I'm beyond hyped. Loving how it sounds specially.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.