[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PUBG is finally murdering cancer-strike Press F to praise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 11

File: image.png (35KB, 468x543px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
35KB, 468x543px
PUBG is finally murdering cancer-strike
Press F to praise Heavens for that
>>
how is cancer replacing cancer a good thing?
>>
>>388611438
>Cancer-strike
Literally all the games was mentioned in tweet is cancerous.
>>
>>388611438
I'm surprised nobody saw this coming. I saw this 2 decades ago but every shooter copied CS instead. Anyway, CS was cancer and so is pubg
>>
File: 1503355144768.png (820KB, 760x806px) Image search: [Google]
1503355144768.png
820KB, 760x806px
>pubg
>90% of your time is spent looting houses or hiding
>theres actual gunplay maybe once every few minutes

how do people enjoy this crap? I fucking hate casuals I sweat to god
>>
>the bigger cancer is replacing other cancer
>>
>>388611438
One is just as bad as the other, PUBG is excessively RNG though, to the point where it conflicts with the competitive nature of gaming. You take the bad reg in CSGO and add unreliable and excessively convoluted server systems into the mix to create some fucked up 100-player dysfunctional chimera and then add random weapon spawns, random circle spawns and the amalgam you end up with is shit.

Let's not forget they're pushing loot crates in EA while they still haven't integrated a feature they showed off months ago, which isn't particularly complicated, despite the fact that it is in fact EA and could be packaged for testing.

It has the depth of a puddle too, there is zero chance for emergent gameplay. It's run, gun, hold, run again - and that's assuming you find someone to shoot in the first place for the first 20 minutes. Or that someone hasn't arrived in your general vicinity and spotted you, and set to tenaciously hunt you down for a kill from the rear.
>>
>>388612090
they don't enjoy it, it's like the flappy bird addiction
>>
>>388612090
Why are you posting Terrys in /v/, faggot?
>>
I'm pretty sure at this point everyone is playing to win at least once then they'll quit.
>>
>>388611438
If this is true they need to go final asap so they can add skins, the skin market is worth masses of money and those people are going to try destroy PUBG due to them losing money.
>>
>>388612090
>what is strategy?
>>
File: 1429925763707.png (191KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1429925763707.png
191KB, 640x360px
>>388612349
quake has much more strategy than PUBG ever could, and quake doesnt limit you to 5 seconds of gunplay every 10 minutes.
>>
>>388612438
pubg also doesnt limit you
you limit yourself
>>
>>388612256
He will drum his way into your heart
>>
>>388612256
>m...mu.....muh safespace!
>>
>>388612349
What the fuck are you talking about, the whole of the gameplay is based on a shallow RNG system that forces absolute compromise in the best of situations. Cobbling together some threadbare means to assert a victory in a hideously broken game is not strategy, and neither is jumping off a roof to shotgun somebody. And again because the lacking depth of the game, emergent play cannot be stimulated, there aren't enough complications in the games nature to initiate it, further disposing of any argument in the favor of idolizing this game as a tactically stimulating game.
>>
>>388612438
Memorizing a map is not strategy you moron
>>
I enjoy pubg a lot with pals, I'll probably never play it alone but with friends it's a blast. Lots of time to chat and have the bants but when it comes time where you engage other nerds the situation does get really tense. I hated h1z1 with every fiber of my being but I've had lots of fun and interesting experiences with pubg, I'm pretty glad I got it. Can definitely understand why others won't like it though, obviously not for everyone.
What I mean by that is that the people who do nothing but shit on this game just don't have friends to play with :^)
>>
>>388612312
They already doing that, somewhat.
>>
>>388612794
It's all my friends play and I hate it all the more for that, but I suppose that's what I get for supping with casuals.
>>
>>388612675
>I can't adapt to the changing circumstances so the game must be shit

Okay buddy, stick to CoD and CS:GO, this is clearly not for you.
>>
>>388612090
so this game is a nigger simulator?
>>
>>388612206
>Let's not forget they're pushing loot crates in EA
Name one (1) thing wrong with lootboxes the way they're currently in pubg. 1 (one) thing.
>>
PUBG is complete shit, most of your time is spent looting. Barely any gameplay, and the gunplay is complete shit.
>>
>>388612940
It's not a question of adaptation retard, if you end up at final circle with a pistol because you got fucked on loot and everyone else outranges and outpowers you by a long shot then you are /fucked/, period. If you get shot from behind because there is no enemy line you are /fucked/. If you get pinned in a field and shot from afar by someone with a suppressed SR/AR and you don't have an optic you are /fucked/. There is no means to strategy when the playing field is so disproportionately stacked against one player or another.
>>
File: 1488743558661.jpg (137KB, 1564x808px) Image search: [Google]
1488743558661.jpg
137KB, 1564x808px
>>388611438
You can't kill CS, there are thousands of people still playing 1.6 today.
Halo couldn't kill it, Call of Doody couldn't kill it. Certainly some shitty Dayz ripoff isn't going to kill it.
It oultived Quake, Unreal and it will outlive whatever you throw at it. Do not mind.
>>
>>388613045
Loot crates are shitty microtransactions that get people addicted and no longer caring about the actual gameplay.
>>
>>388613178
>if you end up at final circle with a pistol because you got fucked on loot
i want someone to go and try getting to the final circle with a pistol and write down every single instance where they could get something else
>>
>>388612583
The internet should be safe from TempleOS posters, considering it lacks a network stack.
>>
File: apar.jpg (139KB, 772x493px) Image search: [Google]
apar.jpg
139KB, 772x493px
>>388613027
Damn it. I laughed.
>>
File: 1370650714496.jpg (27KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
1370650714496.jpg
27KB, 400x399px
>>388611438
I wonder how many people from OW left for PUBG.
>>
>>388611438
That's actually pretty crazy.
>>
>>388613254
The game has an RNG element, and most of your time isn't actually spent in TPS / FPS gameplay. It's casual trash for the twitch / teen audience.
>>
>>388611438
Why do you care? How does it affect your shitty life if people switch games? Seriously, just go play games and enjoy life.
>>
>>388613331
now imagine if it didnt have such high pc requirements and wasnt optimized like shit
>>
At least valve doesn't ban you from their game if you kill a streamer
>>
>>388613178
>if you end up at final circle with a pistol because you got fucked on loot and everyone else outranges and outpowers you by a long shot then you are /fucked/
Then you clearly didn't loot enough houses.

>If you get shot from behind because there is no enemy line you are /fucked/.
Then check if anyone is sneaking you up from behind regularly.

>If you get pinned in a field and shot from afar by someone with a suppressed SR/AR and you don't have an optic you are /fucked/.
Why are you on an open field in the first place if you don't have a long range weapon you absolute retard?

This is the strategy I was talking about that you clearly lack.
>>
>>388613556
It's not strategy, faggot, that is game awareness. Tactics and strategy are used in combat to surprise, attack and overwhelm the enemy to assert a victory, the means which do not exist in this game due to the RNG element.

Again, you're scratching out a weak plan to try to avoid getting shot. Pay attention to the top streamers and they're all pathetically lacking in tactical play, solo or with a team.

>Why are you on an open field in the first place if you don't have a long range weapon you absolute retard?
Because the developers are too lazy and incompetent to map out a realistic environment and instead built a quaint little shitshow with little strategic value in a copy paste tile format, so all I have is forests and fields to run through?
>>
>>388613383
Because CS is pure cancer which drags down entire industry. Also it feeds and maintains Valve which is bad.
>>
>>388611438

So glad that CS Goy is being killed off.
>>
>>388611816
PUBG is like chemotherapy. It kills you but it can help you sometimes.
>>
File: 1461500371839.jpg (176KB, 770x711px) Image search: [Google]
1461500371839.jpg
176KB, 770x711px
>PUBGChads WON

How the F*CK is this even legal, bros? Why the FU*K won't they play Overwatch instead?

Fucking racist pieces of shit
>>
File: 1502787017934.jpg (58KB, 692x713px) Image search: [Google]
1502787017934.jpg
58KB, 692x713px
>>388613027
>>
>>388611438
Can't wait for this shit to die out. FPS never hold as good as moba games. So this is gonna die fast.
>>
>>388614076
It is curing canser with cancer.
>>
>>388613898
>Tactics and strategy are used in combat to surprise, attack and overwhelm the enemy to assert a victory
How is shooting you from behind or sniping your unaware ass not a surprise attack? You're contradicting yourself.

>Because the developers are too lazy and incompetent to map out a realistic environment and instead built a quaint little shitshow with little strategic value in a copy paste tile format, so all I have is forests and fields to run through?
I don't know in your country, but in mine when you leave a city all you can find is vast almost flat fields and forests. What is a '''''''''''realistic'''''''''' countryside for you? A place full of walls and giant rocks to get cover?
>>
>>388614176
The mere facts that it
a)requires people to buy videocards;
b)steals player from Valve game
already justify PUBG existence
>>
>>388612090
At least the gunplay isn't a broken fucking mess like in CSGO
>>
>cancer vs ebola
ahhh the city of pc gaming
>>
>>388614109
>things nobody said, ever
>>
>>388613178
>if you end up at final circle with a pistol
Literally how?

I'm currently 400 games in and have never had nothing but a pistol in the last few circles. I've dicked around, played some rounds with roadkills only, dropped far off any houses to punch the AFK people to death and every fucking game I at least found an Assault rifle and a lvl1 vest/helmet.

That's all you need to win.
>>
>>388614270

>everyone has a card now due to PUBG

>devs can stop gimping PC ports or ruining PC exclusives because muh toaster userbase

BASED
>>
>>388614152
Except FPS holds massively better, it just gets less players in the first place.
>>
>>388614295
>CSGO's gunplay is broken
>PUBG's isn't
Have you taken your entire opinion of CS from the retarded /v/ threads on it or something? How the literal fuck could you say that?
>>
>>388614543
I said CSGO, not CS as a whole. The amount of hitbox baby-back bullshit in GO is fucking ridiculous and entirely breaks the foundation of the game. Even CSS is better.
>>
>>388614487
like battleborn, brink and lawbreakers, right?
>>
It'll die down in a month

Screencap this
>>
>>388614618
Nigger are you implying that any of those games had any players to hold in the first place?
They were all dead on arrival.
>>
File: asdfasdf.jpg (1MB, 1626x1626px) Image search: [Google]
asdfasdf.jpg
1MB, 1626x1626px
>>388614602
>Even CSS is better.
>>
File: Sae phone.jpg (13KB, 246x275px) Image search: [Google]
Sae phone.jpg
13KB, 246x275px
>>388614928
Yes, and?
>>
>>388614270
The mere facts to justify why PUBG shouldn't exist are equally as enticing.
a) Tencent values it and has laid it's grubby investor hands into the asshole of Bluehole studios effectively controlling them like they do Riot and League of Legends
b) Because Tencent has effectively done this, they have yet looped another game under their hold to fund their communist overlords the Chinese Communist Party with 60% of their total income
c) the CCP are terrible human beings that are little more than scum of the earth that violate human rights all day everyday
d) This is everything wrong with the video game industry, but no one cares because Tencent owns the largest private investing firm in the world that has it's hands in over 48 countries
Contrarian shitposting aside, I don't fund league and I won't fund PUBG. Muh esport faggotry don't need to reply.
>>
>>388613178
Every one of the idiots who claim that the game has no strategy to it clearly don't actually play the game, nor have they taken the time to think that beyond the randomness there IS a strategic element. Not a lot, mind - it isn't trying to be competitive and that's a good thing if you ask me - but you do have to make decisions intrinsic to the game's mechanics.

One thing is the balance of looting - at any time you can be looting, hiding, moving, camping, or in combat. Those are the big major things you can do in the game and you need to think about when you do them.

If you're looting, the blue circle is creeping up on you. And you're more vulnerable to snipers.

If you're hiding, you're very good in terms of defense, and you'll be able to kill anyone who doesn't know you're there. However, you're not gaining more loot and you're going to have to move sooner or later to escape the circle.

If you're moving, you're going to be able to get more loot early on, but as you approach the final circle more and more of the world will have been looted, and you're more likely to encounter enemies.

If you're camping, you can prey on unsuspecting folks, but you'll need a sniper rifle (Hard to get) and you'll need to avoid being sniped yourself (Easy in TPP, hard in FPP). And, again, you're vulnerable to the circle.

As to the randomness element - consider a game where you win by being taller. This game has zero random elements. The same people will always win and the champions are consistent. It is perfectly and easily stratified by "skill". This game is, obviously, absolutely no fun. Tic-Tac-Toe has no randomness (If you've solved it, which you should) and that's no fun. You need randomness so that you have to adapt. You need to be able to adapt, not just execute the same strategies over and over. That's what the ass retards on /v/ don't get.
>>
>>388614453
Devs gimp pc ports because the console versions run on the equivalent of a toaster and they're too lazy to put in any extra effort for pc
>>
>>388613245
Its literally fucking gambling using a loophole in the grand scheme of things. Its only a matter of time before most governments crack down on that shit or heavily moderate it. Look what they did to fucking online poker in the US.
>>
>>388612090
sounds like csgo
>90% watch pathway
>>
>>388611438
>twitter screnshot
>never sure to start reading it from top or bottom
>both ways are somewhat readable
i'm a retard, right?
>>
>>388611873
>L4D2
>cancer
Underage please go
>>
>>388615303
Bluehole studios has said the tencent investing into them was fake news.
>>
>>388615808
its probably the most cancerous userbase of any game people actually play. they kick people over literally anything with no communication.
>>
>>388616121
source?
Because if Tencent is making a move it will either be direct or through boston investing which is their international firm.
>>
>>388611438
PUBG is a passing fad. CS has been going strong for close to 2 decades
>>
>>388616295
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-08-15-tencent-invests-in-playerunknowns-battlegrounds-studio-bluehole-report
>>
>>388611816
It keeps the plebs contained.
>>
>>388615214
CSS has even bigger hitboxes than CSGO retard, regardless of what you think of CSGO, CSS is even worse than that and /v/ clinging to it like this is pure contrarianism.
>>
>>388616329
Strong but mostly irrelevant except 1.6 ans GO.

Its current popularity is a fad itself. As soon as muh rank faggots and gaystreamers find the next FPS fad, they will all leave CS:GO.
>>
>>388616598
The problem isn't the size of the hitboxes. It's that GO has botched hit detection and even if bullets visibly hit a person's face, it has a pure RNG chance of actually hitting and killing them
>>
>>388611816
This. Just goes to show you cancerous faggots like cancerous games.
>>
I'd rather assfaggots be killed off
>>
>>388612090
Every streamer I've watched playing it does not look like they're actually enjoying themselves.
>>
>>388614453
can't wait for all those games that will require a 1080 and 16gb of ram minimum so it doesn't shit itself
based playerunknow
>>
>>388611438
F
>>
literally only because of the emerging cases
>>
yeah I thought of getting it but then I saw you either get spawnkilled or run around for hours until something happens
>>
File: Mother.jpg (23KB, 451x620px) Image search: [Google]
Mother.jpg
23KB, 451x620px
School is starting in a few days anon.
Video games only on weekends from now on.
>>
>>388618689
thanks mom i wasted my summer playing vidya
i need to unfuck my life
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.