[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Capcom desperately needs this game to outperform the 3DS Monster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 431
Thread images: 55

File: Monster Hunter World.jpg (11KB, 299x169px) Image search: [Google]
Monster Hunter World.jpg
11KB, 299x169px
Capcom desperately needs this game to outperform the 3DS Monster Hunters.

It simply is not going to happen.
>>
>>388546258
>3 platforms
Yeah, fuck off
>>
>>388546609
>Expecting this to perform well on Xbox or PC

It may as well be a PS exclusive. I don't see it outselling Bloodborne.
>>
It's a AAA game that will be sold for 60 bucks on three platforms. It'll easily outperform handheld sales in the west, which is the targeted market for this game.
>>
>>388546258
it might happen. already seen a couple normies mistake it for Anthem and they're hyped for that game so maybe capcom can get accidental sales
>>
>>388546843
You are delusional.
>>
I've already heard a number of normies say they're going to check it out even though they don't know the series. Do I expect them to get past low rank? No. Will they buy it and inflate the sales? Absolutely.
>>
>>388548023
wanna bet half of them will return it because it's too hard?
>>
>>388546843
Monster hunter frontier has a pretty good following.

It caused countless westerners to make fake asian accounts. to play it.

The game is on 3 platforms, There will be people buying it on all three simply to test the connection. there will be people buying the wrong version and then figuring out a different platform plays it better.

The PC version comes out later so there will be people buying the console version to get their fix until the PC version gets released.

Also not nearly as many people as you think actually bought nds Monster hunter. The game was so cheap to make it kind of didn't matter if the west bought it at all.
>>
>>388548272

they wont use that language though. they'll say that the controls are stiff and unresponsive
>>
>>388548023
>I've already heard a number of normies say they're going to check it out
I only got my normie friends wanting to watch me play it. Why the fuck is it so hard for people to play games?
>>
Something I've never understood about the MH series is that it seems to exist primarily on handhelds, when it{s clearly a game that would benefit a lot from having a big screen, tight controls, good graphics, etc. This is why I've completely ignored this franchise all my life, even though it looks right up my alley. And this is why MH World will be the first I try.
>>
>>388548529
I had a couple friends that tried to get into it with 4U, but one's 3DS broke (R button's completely fucked, kinda important for almost every weapon) and the other just didn't like the small screen for MH (can't blame him for that). They're both pretty hyped for World.
>>
>>388548473
they'll also complain about the lack of story and the grind
>>
>>388548473
Either you have surprisingly good insight into the minds of a whole lot of other people, or you have the expected amount of insight into your own mind. I wonder which!
>>
>>388548573
it's actually the opposite of what you said. it's primarily a multiplayer quest based game so being on handhelds is pretty much the ideal environment. capcom wants more cash though so here we are
>>
>>388549115
>it's primarily a multiplayer quest based game so being on handhelds is pretty much the ideal environment

It took like 5 handheld games before Crapcom finally listened and added the much needed online multiplayer so no, it's not ideal at all.
Most of the world is not Japan where people just gather in one place with their kid's handheld console in hand.

Also way to dodge the point of that post, which is about the technical limitation of handheld literally ruining the game experience.
>>
Itll sell fine. Theyre in max shill mode and they have dumb consolefags to abuse
The question is if it'll still make a profit. Hasnt this shit been in development since before 4U or something? Theyre putting a fuckton of money into this when theyve got jack shit
>>
>>388549690
kek, what? I didn't dodge anything? that would be akin to me saying
>way to dodge the fact that you didn't address the fact that I said capcom wants cash

also nothing you said disproves it's the ideal environment so that's like just your opinion, man
>>
>>388546843
You're pretty fucking dumb, dude. I have both consoles and I'm getting it on PC.
>>
>>388546609
>thinking anyone outside of PS4 owners is going to buy this game in any noticeable fashion
>especially since it's MH and 90% of the fanbase exists in Japan and like handhelds more than consoles
Delusional.
>>
>>388550057
I never made a counter claim to your statement about capcom wanting cash, so it's not the same thing.

You said it's the opposite of what he said but you didn't dispute his claims about controls, graphics and big screen.
>>
>>388550706
bla bla bla. I'm not gonna get wrapped up in your semantics game. point is capcom knew what they were doing in keeping the games handheld. my prediction? they split monhun games into handheld games and "home games". provided MHW is successful, I bet we'll see a spinoff or separate series make it's way onto the switch and possibly 3ds and vita
>>
>>388550070
Because nobody played the 360 and Pc monster hunters.
No sir.
People aren't still playing Frontier. Not at all.
>>
>stagnated audience shrinking in 3DS
>countless westerners asking for the series to be freed from handheld hell
>some even resorting to emulating ancient games or the MMO kusoge through proxies
>grinding is huge in the west
>no direct competition
>Vita dead
Gee, I wonder why Capcom moved from handhelds.
>>
>>388550938
Well for starters, Frontier sold like absolute garbage. Care to tell me how many people bought Frontier on PC and Xbox 360? Give me an actual source from Capcom stating the games sales on those platforms in the west.

>inb4 vgchartz
vgchartz is not a valid source and even if you used that the supposed sales for that game on PC and 360 are dog shit so that goes against you in that scenario.

Saying "people still play frontier" is a complete non argument when talking about something selling well.
>>
>>388550070
Yeah, Monster Hunter didn't sell before at all.
MH doesn't move consoles at all
>>
File: AverageModernBiowareFan.jpg (63KB, 513x385px) Image search: [Google]
AverageModernBiowareFan.jpg
63KB, 513x385px
>>388546843
You can't really be this stupid can you?
>>
>>388551309
The mere fact that westerners would go out of their way and make foreign accounts to play MHOnline should tell you that it is going to work out fine.
>>
>>388546258
Haven't played this series since MH3 on the Wii, what's changed about it over its life since?
>>
>>388551320
MH historically sells like shit on consoles.

>>388551540
You sound like people did it by the millions. This is another complete non argument because we know that frontier sold like crap. Also you have absolutely no numbers for MH Online and it being a chink only game means that only a very small number of people are going to even know how to even begin trying to play it.

>some people went out of their say to play MHO so that means MHW is going to well really well on all platforms
>completely changes his argument and switches from Frontier to MHO
Delusional and stupid. Nice.
>>
>>388551749
Nothing.
>>
>>388551749
none of the old changes really matter because world changes everything quite a bit.
>open world
>more complex mounting
>weapons work differently
>different quest system
it's almost a different game
>>
>>388552008
>>more complex mounting
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>388549690
>It took like 5 handheld games before Crapcom finally listened and added the much needed online multiplayer so no, it's not ideal at all.
Well 4U and Generations have multiplayer online whilst being on the 3ds so I'm not sure what you're trying to say. They aren't increasing the number of people who can go on a quest at the same time so I fail to see how the multiplayer is any different to what we already have. That and tri/3U had online multiplayer as well whilst being on the wii/wii u so it's also not the first time we've had multiplayer on a console.
>>
>>388552008
Only bowguns work differently, the rest just got one or two new moves.
>>
>>388551883
>Non-argument.
Using it constantly doesn't make you sound intelligent my dude.
also why are you always looking for a argument.

What do you got to prove?
>>
>>388552072
didn't say it was crazy complex but it is more complex. you can use your main weapon while on the monster now and can change positions
>>
a late PC release will make some people double dip too.
>>
>>388552215
nope. not sure how much you know about the new changes but plenty of weapons have some fundamental changes that will make them play quite differently
>>
>>388551062
3U->4U saw an increase in sales with 4U selling more than a million in the west. Generations isn't a full fledged mainline game so was expected to sell not as much both in Japan and elsewhere. Sales have been consistently higher on handhelds then on consoles so far for the series so it remains to be seen if this was the right decision.
>>
>>388552319
Your main weapon is just a fancy "cinematic" finisher. Mounting is functionally unchanged, they just give you free retries with the hook and let you crawl around
>>
>>388549963
It actually only cost a little bit more to make this than it took to make 3U. Fuck, even Gen/XX took more money to make than this.
>>
>>388551062
Frontier is actually hard even with broken shitty anime weapons.
World is casualized for western dudebros who stopped playing at Barroth
>>
>>388552228
>entire post says nothing against anything I typed out
>just feels like he needs to get the last word
>person I'm responding to gives zero good arguments and pointing that out is now a crime
Nice one, retard.
>>
>>388552008
>WAH IT CHANGES EVERYTHING WHEN IT ACTUALLY CHANGES BASICLY NOTHING
Really nigga?
>open world
ain't open world you retard. They just eliminated the loading screens between zones and increased the size of you hunting areas to about 3 times the normal size. So you can have chases and habitats for monsters.
>more complex mounting
Only adding the ability to switch where you are mounting the monster.
>weapons work differently
They work the same. They added like one or two completely situational attacks on like two weapons. and made animations play out slighting different to the same hitboxes.
>different quest system
You can now withhold retreating from the hunting grounds when you have completed a quest. i don't know if they added the ability to pick up multiple quests at once and complete them.
>it's almost a different game
It's just quality of life changes that this faggot is blowing out or proportion.
>>
Let's say World bombs and sells worse than sales expectations, and even lower than say Generations. Do you think Capcom would try and salvage their investment in the game by making sequels or go back to the 4u engine and make a game for Switch?
>>
>>388552184
Literally Monster Hunter--you know, the first one on PS2--had online multiplayer.
>>
>>388551883
>Goto google
>How to play MHO in US
>First result is complete guide with all links including to fan translation patch

Real hard to figure out senpai. You got the downs or something that you think the average person can't do a 5 second google search and follow a 5 minute or less guide?
>>
The west is a way bigger market than nipland for this game. Even normies will buy this game since they want to slay dragons if capcom plays thier cards right.
>>
>>388551883
Fuck off already nintenbabby your shit console won't have this game so stop fucking complaining.
>>
200k copies on PC. Couple million on consoles with most of that on PS4. Calling it now
>>
>>388553016
Well normies won't be doing that and they're the audience Capcom is hoping to pull in with World.
>>
>>388552008
1) It's not open world. The map is the same, everything is just connected now.
2) the mounting is not more complex, it's more or less the exact same but now there's even more gratuitous button prompts that show up when mounting that the hunter can mount with the hookshot.
>weapons are the exact fucking same,
>how is the quest system different? It's the same shit but you can just continue hunting after the main target is gone
>>
>>388546258
>Capcom desperately needs this game to outperform the 3DS Monster hunters
Why?
>It is not going to happen
How? Are you an idiot?
>>
>>388553016
How is this proof that tens of thousands of people went out of their way to play MHO? You aren't disproving any of my arguments.

>some people play MHO so that means everyone is going to want to buy MHW
>>
>>388553064
Not a single person mentioned console wars until you did. What the fuck is wrong with you idiots?
>>
>>388553016
Are you trying to prove his point or something? Telling him how easy the process is basically means that those "thousands" of gaijins trying to play takes no no more effort to sign up for any other online game. So what's the point of that argument then? Might as well bring up Dragons Dogma Online.
>>
>>388549115
>multiplayer is best for handhelds
What? Handhelds are fucking trash.
>>
I can smell your stink from here, LonelyGaruga
>>
>>388552375
Depends on how late it is.
>>
>>388553454
Japan really likes its local multiplayer so with respect to them he's correct.
>>
>>388553239
>t only a very small number of people are going to even know how to even begin trying to play it.
Have you checked the reddit, various fan sites, etc? There is a pretty large community which is indicative of a fairly large player base.

>>388553423
His point was that it's too complicated for the average person to figure out how to play. That is blatantly false. What are you even talking about here?

And yes Dogma Online is another good example that has fuck tons of English speaking players from other countries playing it.
>>
>>388553454
bruh, japs arent going to bring their fucking console/tower over to their friends house or on the train to just o play some local co-op
maybe they'll bring a laptop but handhelds are fuckin ace for local co-op
>>
>>388553714
>Have you checked the reddit, various fan sites, etc? There is a pretty large community which is indicative of a fairly large player base.
You're not giving any sort of proof of anything here. Care to tell me how many plebbitors went out of their way to play MHO? You're really not giving any solid arguments here. You seem really desperate to defend MHW's potential commercial failure.
>>
>>388553714
So how many english speakers play MHO and DDO? Just constantly saying "a fuck ton" doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>388546258
It just outperformed it by the addition of being able to see the weapons tree in-game and Rollback weapon upgrades. The game is basically the same Monster Hunter but they are adding little details that oldfags wanted long time ago. Also you can play the new game without breaking your fingers or getting eyecancer with that shitty console called 3DS, even PSP games were comfier to play.
>>
>>388553872
> sort of proof of anything here
Neither are you, faggot.
>>
>>388546843
Not wise for Nintenfriends to look down on their PCfriend brethrens like this.

Show some respect.
>>
File: MHF version.jpg (662KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MHF version.jpg
662KB, 1920x1080px
>>388551883
>MH historically sells like shit on consoles.
Well let's see:
PS2 - The first game ever, at this point it was still a niche franchise, it's not really fair to judge its sales at this point.
Wii - A console which sold 80% of its units to literal grandparents and soccer moms, it didn't _really_ have a pool of 100m possible costumers since most of them only ever played WiiSports. Also the games were blowing up on PSP by this point.
WiiU - A dead console that barely sold more than the Dramcast. 13m total playerbase by the end of its life.

There's always a big factor or two that prevented the franchise from selling gangbusters on homeconsoles. The first time it wasn't popular and the other two were Nintendo homeconsoles (you know, 3rd parties sell so well in them) one of which was a dead generation.

Right now MHX is pretty old, with only a japan-exclusive lazy port on Switch which japanese gamers already played a year ago on 3DS. The game is not exploding on handhelds by Q1 2018 like it was during Tri's and MH3U's releases on Wii/WiiU. The next "Portable" line of MonHun is nothing but a rumor right now and even if it's true it's still 2 years away from releasing at least.
MHW is releasing at a perfect time on systems that not only are popular in the west but also historically support 3rd party games more. Xboners are absolutely desperate for any game, PCbros never really got the chance to play mainline MonHun outside of an emulator, and PS4fags are happy for the return of the franchise on Playstation.
>>
>>388553964
If it was anything like PSO2, there were probably around ~3k gaijins peak when it came out
>>
>>388553983
I'd dare to say the 3ds xl with the circle pad pro was decent. Palms still got too sweaty for my liking tho.
>>
>>388554003
Yes I am, retard. First you brought up Frontier which sold like crap, then you changed your argument to MHO and have no actual proof of a lot of people going out of their way to play it in droves as if they were buying a new retail release. Show me how many people play MHO and DDO right now.
>>
>>388554212
The Wii had 13 million units sold in Japan and Tri only managed to sell 1 million on it.
>>
>>388554089
You seem to have not realized Nintendo faggots are actually the worst kind of cancer, whenever they lose a game you won't stop hearing about it for months, years of spam threads.

Sonybros bitch about it initially and move on.

PC friends make a petition to try to show the company there is a profit to made.

Xboners... Well, they're so used to it by now it's just another day.

Nintendo faggots? Holy shit you will never hear the end of it. It's genuinely pathetic but not unexpected as the majority are children. Mentally, physically or both.
>>
>>388554398
>>388554089
Why are you idiots screeching about Nintendo? No one mentioned sonybros or Xbots ITT yet you dumb fucks bring up console wars when someone says something bad about MH. What the absolute fuck it wrong with you dumb asses?
>inb4 nintenkiddie
I have a PC.
>>
>>388554297
>Can't keep track of which poster he's responding too.
You've the reading comprehension skills of a ten year old, big surprise there. I have not commented on Frontier even once in this thread.

>Show me how many people play MHO and DDO right now.
You've got access to the internet, find it yourself fucboi. Or are you really too fucking stupid to use google, so you thought getting access to chino land games was hard? Rofl, you can't help this level of downs.
>>
>>388546258
Ii love it when /v/ makes predictions. It's not like you're always wrong or anything.

Trust me Japs, are gonna love being able to play MH on their televisions again.
>>
>>388554385
>3rd party doesn't sell on Nintendo system
Shocking.
>>
>>388554596
But MH4 sold a lot on the 3DS?
>>
>>388554528
k, nintenkiddie

>inb4 but i have a pc
>>
100k Xbone
600k PC
2500k PS4 (because of japan)

I don't see it going back 4m (using RE7 as an example)
>>
>>388546258
Why are Nintendo drones so absolutely assblasted over this game?
>>
>>388554528
But anon... he kind of summed it up pretty accurately. Nintendo fanboys have been shitting up every MHW thread because they arn't getting it, even though they get their OWN exclusive title.

It's pretty silly really.
>>
>>388554663
Because they're too stupid to build a PC.
>>
>>388554591
Maybe, maybe not. Most of them are not buying the western shovelware box to play japanese games. It's irrelevant either way, World was very clearly made for the west.
>>
>>388554385
Like I said, the PSP games were exploding by that point. It was (near) the peak of Monter Hunter, which was on PSP. Of course most japs didn't get Tri when all their friends were on the PSP.
>>
>>388554089
PC+Nintendo was never a real thing though judging by the overwhelmingly negative reaction from Nintendo fans here.
>>
>>388554658
You're underestimating how many people are fucking excited to play an actual monster hunter game again. Expect atleast 7mil across all regions on all platforms.
>>
>>388554550
>>Can't keep track of which poster he's responding too.
Well no shit there's no ID's on /v/, in case you forgot.
>You've the reading comprehension skills of a ten year old, big surprise there. I have not commented on Frontier even once in this thread.
And how would I know this? You never said you WEREN'T the person I originally was talking to. And you call me an idiot?

>>388554550
>You've got access to the internet, find it yourself fucboi.
There's no numbers though, and you know this. telling me to go to reddit isn't going to give me any actual sources on how many English speakers do or don't play MHO. bring up MHO proves absolutely nothing.
>>
>>388554653
Even then, only few select titles sell well on Nintendo handhelds. Japs are masochistic fucks who enjoy the crippled experience, so naturally they prefer the handheld torture devices.
>>
>>388554790
Lel
>>
>>388554726
Don't forget how nintendo fanboys made up some tinfoil hat conspiracy theory about Capcom faking the Youtube views for MHW because they couldn't handle the thought that people might be interested in it
>>
>>388554813
>Can't recognize a different poster by language patterns.
So, you do have the reading comprehension skills of a child. Gotcha. We're done here friendo, you arn't capable of any kind of debate other than assblasted whining.
>>
File: 1503321458555.jpg (48KB, 590x630px) Image search: [Google]
1503321458555.jpg
48KB, 590x630px
Anyone else glad it's not coming to Switch because of how annoying Nintendo fans were with MH being exclusive? I love seeing the asshurt despite owning a PC, PS4 and Switch.
>>
>>388554790
7 is waaay too much. 3.5-4 is realistic number.
>>
>>388554663
if this game was exclusive to Switch, it would be game over. Sony would be DONE.

It's not too late. Capcom did drop development for a working PS3 alpha build and ported it to the Wii.

This caused Wii to utterly DESTROY the PS3 market.

It can happen. We just need to let Capcom know that our money is good.

Petition time?
>>
Capcom needs to sell seven million units for thing to be considered a success.

It's not going to reach that goal.
>>
>>388554790
How is world "an actual monster hunter game again"? And what existing game in the series is the "actual" monster hunter game you think World will be like?
>>
Right now the PS4 version is currently #276 on amazon US.
Not a totally accurate gauge but it's all we have.
>>
>>388554908
>gets BTFO with logic
>proceeds to shitpost
Pathetic.
>muh language patterns
Unless there's massive differences in the way two people type, at long as the grammar is generally correct and proper punctuation is commonly used, there's no effective way to discern between two different people just because of how they type. Are you also the same kind of idiot who thinks you can properly discern serious comments from sarcasm on a text based medium? There's no big difference between the two posters responding to me, if you aren't the same person that is.
>>
>>388554958
I have Wii U, PS4, 3DS, Switch and PC I still love watching Nintenbros squirm. They're just such an obnoxious fanbase.
>>
>>388546609

PS4 its going to sell well , PC it can go either way, Xbox version is most likely going to sell like shit.
>>
>>388555116
General interest seems pretty low. Don't forget how it doesn't chart on PC or Xbox amazon either. Typically with a brand new release pre-orders would be pretty high post E3 then slowly fall off after. MHW hovered around 80-90% when you filtered for PS4 games only.
>>
>>388554958
Yes.
>>
>>388555194
I think the game would have sold MORE if it was a Switch exclusive than if it was simply released on all platforms.

Capcom fucked up a golden opportunity. Sad.
>>
>>388554958
As a fellow idort, the reason I wanted the next MH to remain on Switch is because I know it would be like 3/4 and more of the same great MH action. Seeing it on everything else but seemingly with more of a target on the west is slightly concerning as I play Monster Hunter as is and they'll be chasing the wrong audience. Hope I'm wrong though.
>>
>>388555116
Xbox one version is at #1296.
In comparison, the switch export of MHXX is at #482.
>>
File: 54751215_p40_master1200.jpg (325KB, 1012x600px) Image search: [Google]
54751215_p40_master1200.jpg
325KB, 1012x600px
>>388554958
I hate corporate cocksuckers all together. Nothing more satisfying than watching them BTFO time and time again.
>>
>>388554398
>initially

I really like your revisionist GTA history, my dude.
>>
File: 1503607336214.png (41KB, 400x416px) Image search: [Google]
1503607336214.png
41KB, 400x416px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAnuUGiI-Lc
>>
>>388555148
I have a 3DS but sold my Wii U after I beat Bayonetta 2, Dong Freeze and Wonderful 101 like 10 times. 3DS has been my most played platform this gen aside from PC.

>>388555319
4U was great but Generations and XX introducing arts/styles wasn't really traditional Monster Hunter so I don't know why you think it would for sure go back to 3/4 if it stayed on Switch. MHW did look a little weird at first but the more gameplay that is shown the better it looks imo
>>
>>388555315
The game wouldn't run on a switch, that's the whole problem. They wanted to make a game without shitting it up to make it work on a piece of nintendo garbage again.

And look what we have here, what is likely to be the best MH title in the series. Big surprise when shit hardware isn't bogging your team down.
>>
>>388555612
>The game wouldn't run on the switch

Lol. All they have to do is MAKE IT RUN. This is not all that complicated.

It has nothing to do with hardware and everything to do with effort.
>>
>>388555612
Capcom could easily get the game running on a switch if they downgraded the particle effects and maybe the graphics. MHw doesn't even look that good and it runs off of MTFrameworks. IT's not Unreal Engine 4 or the CryEngine.
>>
>>388555612
Couldn't the same be said for the leap from ps2 to PSP and then wii to 3ds? I can see Capcom being Jewish enough to release a MHWPortable in 2019
>>
I don't give a shit so long as its not on a nintendo system. Time for them to die already fuck nintendo.
>>
File: Girls.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490KB, 449x401px
Nintenbros are still mad about losing Monster Hunter.
>>
>>388555748
>i know nothing about making video games
>>
>>388546258
This won't do more than 400k week 1 in Japan. It'll be a flop there. The west is the primary market and I don't think it's there for this. Maybe it'll do 1 million in the first month.
>>
>>388554897
Also don't forget when they claimed that Sony paid Capcom not to release XX Switch ver. in the west
>>
>>388555554
twitter.com/hiromuhand0622/status/846916645780045825
>But it doesn't happen in my game ever! Honest!

When fucking nip casuals who stopped at Tigrex in 2ndG can tell something's off with the area change frequency in the X subseries, something is not right.
>>
File: C9aoAOLVoAInPkO.jpg (107KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
C9aoAOLVoAInPkO.jpg
107KB, 1200x900px
>>388555941
>Monster Hunter
>Harvest Moon
>Saran Kagura
and soon to be SMT. They can't catch a break.

http://tay.kinja.com/new-shin-megami-tensei-game-also-coming-to-ps4-1794348972
>>
>>388556205
Isn't it because of how Exhaust can override Rage in X/XX? They probably should've adjusted that.
>>
>>388555002
Source?
>>
>>388556047
>porting video games is impossible
Yes, it's clear that you don't.
>>
>>388556320
Shhh... anything that needs readjusting implies that XX isn't the (((last))) true monhun as fanboys hype it up to be.
>>
https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/899566288279818240
>>
>>388556108
Are you stupid? DQXI did 1M in a single day on PS4. Do you honestly believe MHW won't kill in Japan especially since it's on console again?
>>
>>388556274
>SMT finally getting a real console game again and not glorified visual novels on baby handhelds

FINALLY FUCK
>>
>>388556364
Not him, there's no source on the numbers, but MHW is easily going to be the most expensive MH game ever made. MH4G cost at least 30 million USD to make and MHW is clearly going to be a lot more expensive than that.
>>
>>388556398
Yes it's pretty impossible to just downgrade something demanding enough that it hits 30FPS on a given hardware and the expect the work to also be worth the effort.
>>
File: heh.jpg (23KB, 249x265px) Image search: [Google]
heh.jpg
23KB, 249x265px
>>388554958
Oh I'm loving it.

My nintendo fanboy friend (who writes and reviews for the biggest Nitendo fansite of the country FOR FREE) is SEETHING and trying to find every excuse to hate MHW
>>
>>388556549
>console MH ever selling well in japan
Kek, newfag.
>>
>>388556542

/thread
>>
>>388556559
>A G Rank expansion costing $30 million
90% of that had to be the marketing budget
>>
>>388556274
That was a fan panel to be fair. I still think it'll come to ps4 though I'll probably grab it on Switch instead simply because of the handheld comfiness.
>>388556557
It'll be on the Switch first and foremost which is a big improvement over the 3ds but if you think it'll take advantage of the ps4s better specs you're mistaken.
>>
>>388556676
The marketing for World is going to be super heavy, yeah. Not to mention how expensive development itself is going to be.
>>
>>388556638
It's weird how drones still exist. I mean you literally only need to buy 3 platforms now to have access to ALL the games nowadays.

There's literally no excuse to not be an idort
>>
>>388556549
When are you idiots going to realize that japs don't give a flying fuck about consoles? You fags probably also thought that DQXI PS4 was going to outsell the 3DS version, didn't you? By your logic Tri should have sold a lot because it was on a console but the psp version sold a lot more.
>>
>>388555612
>>388555748

Are you, as a consumer, seriously advocating for an electronic game publisher to make compromises that will negatively impact the visual fidelity of their product?

How come?
>>
>>388547413
>It'll easily outperform handheld sales in the west
You'd be surprised. It's also worth meeting that hype is at an all time low.
>>
>>388556827
>It'll be on the Switch first and foremost
Source
>>
>>388556957
I don't want a PS4 because there's absolutely zero games outside of Bloodborne that I feel like playing and I could play any other sounds game in existence on my PC or PS3. There's plenty of reasons to not be an idort unless you just like buying things for the sake of buying things.
>>
>>388556676
B-B-But nintenfans told me that those new CB animations costs as much as 20 alienware gaming laptops to create!!!
>>
>>388557014
>tripshit makes a stupid post
Ignored.
>>
>>388557014
You do realise you're talking about a medium that should have never been focused on visuals to begin with right?
>>
>>388546258
*AUTISTIC WAHOOING*
>>
>>388556971
DQXI is still killing it on PS4, despite it costing more than the 3DS version.
>>
>>388557014
>muh graphix
>>
>>388557198
>Anonymous wrote: "You do realise you're talking about a medium that should have never been focused on visuals to begin with right?" concerning the topic of VIDEO games.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>388556398

Possible =/= Worth the effort.

Wii and PSP ports were always handled by secondary studios because of the how much time they took, not sure about Wii U.

They have to build things from the ground up, it isn't just "turn down the particle effects". The Switch can just barely handle BoTW and that's not remotely as detailed as MHWorld.
>>
>>388557068
You sound like you have narrow taste. Seems like being a non-idort plebian is literally in your dna
>>
File: balfark exhales.png (26KB, 91x92px) Image search: [Google]
balfark exhales.png
26KB, 91x92px
>>388557209
>>
File: Yakuza thumbs.gif (764KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza thumbs.gif
764KB, 500x281px
>>388555116
>>388555253
>>388555369
>MHW is half a year away
Wow I didn't expect low pre-orders at this point, especially for a Q1 2018 game when we didn't even enter Q4 of 2017 (the season of top-selling AAA games, including the release of Destiny2)

Why are you guys reaching this far? It's just sad and desperate.
This Q1 japanese games sold amazingly well and exceeded everyone's expectations. Nier:Automata saved Platinum, Persona5 sold record numbers for the franchise, NioH sold over 1million which is great for a new IP at a time with a lot of other releases, Yakuza0 also sold great and kindled the Yakuza "craze" in the west, we're not getting Yakuza remake after Yakuza remake as well as Yakuza6 later on.

I'm sure none of those games had amazing pre-order numbers 6+ months before release.
>>
Another day, another desperate nintenbro.
>>
>>388557408
PC player here. Don't even own a Switch. It really would not be too hard to make it run on Switch, downgrading games really isn't that difficult for a major company. Most likely it's not on the Switch because they truly want it to be a "home" console game. I expect portable Monster Hunter will continue with a new game 2 to 3 years from now.
>>
List of casualisations in Monster Hunter World

>Healing while running
>Can dodge while healing
>Moving while shooting
>Machine-gun like shots
>Voice acting telling where to go and what to do
>Flies telling where to go and what to do
>Anime moves like the IG being able to fly through the air
>Too much mobility (Weapons have been given special dodge moves, etc)
>Can dodge out of a GS charge
>Environment is as good as attacking a monster
>Free traps, flashbugs, etc, everywhere
>Free farcaster that can be used anytime, anywhere
>Weapon changing mid hunt
>Weapon trees in game
>Likely no G-Rank
>Monsters to little no no damage in the trailers
>Grappling hook
>Even easier mounting
>Heartbeat telling you when to capture
>Damage numbers
>Heavy and Light bowguns have infinite special ammo
>Prompt on screens shows you combos
>Prompt on screen shows breaks
>Casualised HH, songs are stored to be played anytime, notes needed for songs on screen at all times
>Broken weapons, all of them had their aerial and brave movesets merged
>>
>>388556542
No way it'll be that low.
>>
File: 1503064242272.png (608KB, 594x2096px) Image search: [Google]
1503064242272.png
608KB, 594x2096px
>>388554958
Same here, Famicom.
>>
File: ondori.gif (3MB, 164x267px) Image search: [Google]
ondori.gif
3MB, 164x267px
>>388556971
3DS has about 12x more players in japan compared to PS4 owners.
PS4 version sold about 80% as much as the 3DS version, and it's more expensive.

If that doesn't make you think, I don't know what will
>>
File: typical frontier gameplay.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
typical frontier gameplay.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>388557680
>All these are still preferable over what Frontier has to offer
>>
File: 1441052306088.png (574KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1441052306088.png
574KB, 1280x720px
>>388557680
>bad design
>identical to the first item
>good design
>different ammo type
>it's literally the tutorial
>you can turn it off
>what is MHX/XX
>what is MHX/XX
>what is MHX/XX
>it deals 1/5th of the damage at best and is limited
>limited
>implying everyone didn't have farcasters up the ass
>bad design
>was literally there since tri
>pulling things out of your ass
>every time they said they nerfed it for video purposes
>bad design
>what is MHX/XX
>tiny icon is a problem
>you can turn them off
>they don't
>you can turn it off
>you can turn it off
>you can turn it off
>what is MHX/XX
>>
File: paradigm shift.png (497KB, 621x594px) Image search: [Google]
paradigm shift.png
497KB, 621x594px
>>388557853
This. Japs only playing on handhelds is a meme and this news couldn't have come at a worse time for Switch owners.
>>
>>388557249
1 month after release and it sold 1.2 million copies. It's not selling poorly but it's selling worse than most other DQ games. It's still selling a lot less than the 3DS version
>>
File: monster hunter stylin.jpg (832KB, 2132x1849px) Image search: [Google]
monster hunter stylin.jpg
832KB, 2132x1849px
>>388557680
k lol
>>
Why? The 3DS MH games never outperformed the PSP ones either.
>>
>>388557420
>not wanting to waste money on shit games and Bloodborne means I have narrow taste
>>
>>388558175
It's not a meme at all, but the handhelds they are playing with are Phones, not Nintendo or Sony portable systems.

Nitenponies are just stuck in the past.
>>
>>388557048
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIIu_kcWXpA
>>
>>388557048
It was announced...for switch. We haven't even gotten official confirmation of the ps4 version and the ps4 is more powerful than the switch. If it was made with ps4 in mind they'd say so when announcing it.
>>
>>388546609
>Resident Evil 7, a game with many times more recognition than MH
>Sold only 3.7 million world wide across PS4, XBone, and PC
>>
>>388557573
>This Q1 japanese games sold amazingly well and exceeded everyone's expectations.
Source?
>Nier saved Platinum
Nier sold better than they expectd but it didn't save anything, they still haven't said how many copies the game actually sold. They just said it shipped 1 million copes and they also said that shipment included sales, so it didn't either ship or sell 1 million. Same goes for Nioh.
>>
File: 1352647923977.png (149KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1352647923977.png
149KB, 480x480px
>>388558352
>Five Yakuza games
>Three Crash games
>Nioh
>"shit games and Bloodborne"
>>
>>388557680
These all sound great and I'm even more excited desu.
>>
>>388558352
The PS4 has plenty of good games. Sorry that you're a genetic dead end.
>>
>>388558558
>nioh not shit
>buying a remaster of a ps1 game
>yakuza is overrated shit half the time and decent for the rest
>I can just play yakuza on my PC if I wanted for the PS2 games and the PS3 games could be emulatable soon
>can just emulate crash on my PC
No thanks.
>>
>>388558285
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/Hv6Bff4KNNk4mhFjG5Q0mw/

How many more times are you going to post this
>>
>>388558656
>remakes are bad because I can play the original on an emulator
>yakuza overrated shit
Sounds like you're trying to justify not buying it by hating things you would like if you had.
>>
>>388558175
Nine meme kid.

3DS beats PS4 in DQ sales.

http://gematsu.com/2017/08/media-create-sales-81417-82017

in b4

>muh digital
https://gematsu.com/2017/08/dragon-quest-xi-first-two-day-digital-sales-numbers-revealed
>>
>>388558382
>>388558386
>it's being ported to switch! That means it was made FOR the switch first
????
>>
>>388558494
>Source?
It's 4 different sources. Why would I do that for you? Search youtself if you're that interested

>Nier sold better than they expectd but it didn't save anything,
Platinum themselves said it was a breath of fresh air that they really needed, expecially after Scalebound's cancellation, and Taro replied in kind.

I'll throw you a bone this time. Feel free to look for another outlet, I just picked the first result
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-08-15-nier-director-yoko-taro-saved-platinumgames-according-to-hideki-kamiya
>>
>>388546258
Literally everyone and their mom has been waiting for this game to be on a suitable home console. I hope it is exactly MonHun on 3DS but opened up and fleshed out, along with some new monsters to fight. It better be fucking hard.
>>
>>388558776
>tells me I should buy a ps4 to play a remaster or a ps1 games that I could emulate on my PC
>tells me to buy a ps4 to play two games that I could emulate on my PC or 3 games that I may soon be able to emulate on my PC
>tells me to buy a PS4 for a shitty souls clone for weebs
>tells me I have shit taste and just hate things unjustifiably
Lmao, whatever kiddo. Go a head and spend more of your money if you want but don't get mad at me for not wanting to do the same thing.
>>
>>388558791
>ported to switch
>literally announced ONLY for the switch and Atlus specified it was a Switch title
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-13-atlus-doesnt-know-whether-the-new-shin-megami-tensei-for-nintendo-switch-will-head-west ("we don't know if we'll bring it west" is obviously bullshit)
>>
>>388558791
It has to be able to run on the switch in handheld mode which is quite far apart power wise from the ps4, so that extra power the ps4 offers can't be used for anything significant beyond shorter load times and maybe a resolution bump ala Persona 5. That and again why would they make it for ps4, plan to port it for a weaker console then in the reveal only confirm its existence for the weaker console. Even now many months later we haven't heard officially about the ps4 version.
>>
>>388558136
>>388558572
>Unironically defending casualisation
Cucks. You are the cancer killing monster Hunter
>>
>>388559064
>Lmao
Didn't know I was talking to a subhuman. Go back to facebook or whatever you idiots use nowadays.
>>
>>388558796
>It's 4 different sources. Why would I do that for you? Search youtself if you're that interested
Not an argument.

Also nothing you said disproves anything that I mentioned about sales. Nier and Nioh SHIPPED 1 million copies and that 1 million shipment included sales units. They neither shipped or sold 1 million copies. It was 1 million shipments and sales combined. The sources are the individual companies press releases. You can google it for proof if you want a source. Gematsu has a short but in depth article talking about those two specifically and it says the same thing for both.
>>
>>388559193
Sorry top kek there now I fit in! What a great secret club!
>>
File: 1425183946118.jpg (38KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1425183946118.jpg
38KB, 413x395px
>>388559091
>Hating on the game because it's not stuck to a tiny handheld with shit resolution you can dickwave about anymore
>criticizing World while pretending X/XX never existed
Cry harder Switch babby. Everyone's getting what they've been wanting for years except you Ninty fags.
>>
>>388559193
Neck yourself faggot.
>>
>>388558784
>Shows PS4 doubling digital sales of 3ds
>>
>>388559362
>shitting on MHW means you like X/XX
Pathetic.
>>
>>388559362
What about the idorts who don't like monster hunter world what are we supposed to do.
>>
File: mh betrays nintendo.png (1MB, 1676x2117px) Image search: [Google]
mh betrays nintendo.png
1MB, 1676x2117px
>>388546258
Reminder that /v/ is always wrong
>>
>>388559493
Not buy the game without sperging out about things everyone else have been asking for since the PSP era, simple as that. World has few bad things that can't be turned off. Literally over half the complaints are from optional shit.
>>
>>388559362
This is how you spot the console warring cuck. How about you stop talking about things you don't know about, faggot?
>>
>>388559373
To be fair, in comparison to physical japs hardly buy digital in comparison to physical and the ps4's digital sales aren't that much higher. Not him btw.
>>
>>388559613
Reminder that console wars are cancer and you should kill yourself.
>>
>>388548853
If you enjoy Monster Hunter before 3, you already know what people fuss about. It's always the same issues.
>>
>>388559667
The 2 day sales of digital still show PS4 pulling almost twice the numbers and it's not impossible for it to sell better overall even if it means moving just a few copies more.
>>
>>388559813
Gen wars are cancer as well, don't kid yourself XXbab-falseflagging-as-a-Tribabby-goldilocks
>>
>>388558131
>fainted after a single hit
>with that health bar
What the fuck? Do people actually play this?
>>
>>388560136
Learn what those words mean before using them.
>>
File: 1250032552622.jpg (7KB, 257x253px) Image search: [Google]
1250032552622.jpg
7KB, 257x253px
>>388559373
Not only that, but the PS4 version of DQ is out selling Splatoon 2.
>>
>>388557573
Who the fuck pre orders shit anymore? I have not bought a physical copy of a game in nearly three years.
>>
File: grandpa memin.jpg (55KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
grandpa memin.jpg
55KB, 640x360px
>Ninties are so desperate they're leaking into /mhg/ again
>>
>>388560387
Difficulty brinksmanship. The most devoted players want to one-up each other in difficulty so bad, and it's profitable to cater to their poopsocking.
>>
>>388558136
>>bad design
>>identical to the first item

In fairness that has yet to be seen, they can speed the monsters up and/or increase their damage to compensate for this and the casualization argument would fly out the window, at that point its just a design decision to not take control from the player which is always good.
>>
File: typical xx speedrun.webm (1MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
typical xx speedrun.webm
1MB, 854x480px
>>388557680
>>
>>388560695
It's the same thing that happened with Everquest basically
And that one ridiculous boss in Final Fantasy 11, Absolute Virtue or whatever it was called. Every time people found some cheesy way to beat it the devs nerfed the fuck out of that method because it's not the way they intended.
>>
>>388554398

>initially and then move on

lol stop lying to yourself.
>>
>>388560935
>XX is bad, so MHW should be bad as well!
Drink bleach
>>
>>388560480
Barely, and why are you even bringing up splatoon? The comment on DQ having higher sales on PS4 is wrong. You can add up the digital sales with the physical sales and 3ds is still on top.
>>
Reminder that the PSVita (which isn't dead in Japan) allows for remote play which will give those dirty Japs their handheld gameplay that they so desire.
>>
>>388562093
Doesn't remote play only extend to like the toilet? You can't take it o the train.
>>
>>388562093
Don't you have to be in your own house's Wifi for that though? You could play while taking a shit I guess.
>>
Where are the schoolkids begging their okaa-san for a Switch? keukeukeukeuk
>>
>>388559274
you're right. It's not. It was a statement telling you a truth that you refuse to consider.
>>
can't wait, watched newish gameplay trailer. Barroth, diablos and some sort of smaller, muddy plesioth. Hopefully niblesnarth is in it too, I love his gunner gear
>>
>>388557680
>Healing while running
Heal while walking. don't get it confused.
>Can dodge while healing
Which drops the heal.
>Moving while shooting
Good idea
>Machine-gun like shots
Ammo type
>Voice acting telling where to go and what to do
tutorial, Can be turned off, Can also be changed to Wyvrein or whatever, The Monster hunter staple language.
>Flies telling where to go and what to do
>Anime moves like the IG being able to fly through the air
It's doesn't fly, it is just the normal pole vaulting animation but the attack has a flourish now.
Good idea. you think being stuck in place all the time is a good thing?
>Can dodge out of a GS charge
Which loses the charge.
>Environment is as good as attacking a monster
Entirely situational, have to both be in the right place and time and once used does not come back until you re enter the entire hunting grounds.
>Weapon changing mid hunt
Good thing. Maybe I also want the Barroth's tail as well has his ridge.
>Weapon trees in game
so you don't spend 45 mins look through a wiki 4 months later.
>Likely no G-Rank
You don't know that.
>Monsters to little no no damage in the trailers
It's a trailer dipshit. same shit happened in every other trailer for every other monster hunter.
>Grappling hook
Meh.
>Even easier mounting
Which becomes less effective, Now you can choose what you stab at. Making the breaking of parts better.
>Heartbeat telling you when to capture
Can be turned off
>Damage numbers
Can be turned off, also helps gauge damage which you would look up anyway on a wiki
>Heavy and Light bowguns have infinite special ammo
Where the fuck was this?
>>
File: mhf_20170416_110054_049.jpg (936KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mhf_20170416_110054_049.jpg
936KB, 1920x1080px
>>388560387
It's still only 150/150 max health and stamina, you can choose to have your health bar stretch across the screen or not.
It also doesn't help that the fight there is incredibly atypical, being one of the challenge quests in a group known as "Peerless" quests.

Fun for the spectacle and overcoming a challenge, but thankfully not required in the slightest to do 99% of the content in Frontier.
>>
>>388557680
>>388564105
>Prompt on screens shows you combos
Can be turned off
>Prompt on screen shows breaks
Can be turned off
>Casualised HH, songs are stored to be played anytime, notes needed for songs on screen at all times
can be turned off
>Broken weapons, all of them had their aerial and brave movesets merged
suddenly Monster hunter Generation and XX don't exist for you.

You are not getting XX in English my friend. Being pissy at other people ain't going to change that.
>>
>>388564105
I accidently skipped over these somehow.
Like other games. You could literally make your own potions and traps and shit during hunts before. Why is this a problem now?
You telling me you weren't packing Farcasters all the time? What a joke.
>>
>>388564105
>Heal while walking. don't get it confused.
No, the player can run and heal. Stopped right there since you clearly don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>388558428
Isnt that better than 3DS MH games?
>>
>>388564304
>suddenly Monster hunter Generation and XX don't exist for you.
see >>388561664 and kill yourself, retarded cuck.
>>
>>388564105
he is right on the healing while running, you can see it in the back doors demo, you move a little faster than regular speed with it too
>>
>>388564105
You have no clue what you're talking about, probably never played a MH game before and is only here because of that sweet cash Capcom is paying you.
>>
>>388564614
You can't use the fast travel in the middle of a fight anyways, so it's not even a farcaster. There was some footage of some Jap players getting shat on by a Rath and one of them tried to escape using the fast travel, doesn't work.
>>
I hope World does excellent so it never goes back to Nintendo in any form except late, downgraded ports.

I'm over Nintendo consoles and how much of a waste of money they become.
>>
>>388564645
>>388564737
In every bit of footage showing the movement while healing he wasn't the least bit as fast as if he was running.
>>388564802
good work proving anything I said and many other have also said wrong with that little gem.
How much are you paying nintendo to suck thier dick?
>>
>>388564986
Both you and the other anons are right.
The walking while healing is slow, but you can also sprint during the animation at the cost of stamina, making you move at about just under a unsheathed non sprint.
>>
>>388564614
>Like other games. You could literally make your own potions and traps and shit during hunts before. Why is this a problem now?
Because they're fucking everywhere meking so there's no need for inventory management.

>You telling me you weren't packing Farcasters all the time?
Farcasters are limited, fast travlling is infinite.

>>388564867
>You can't use the fast travel in the middle of a fight anyways
You're full of shit. In the gameplay trailer he clearly used it while the monster was in front of the player.

>>388564986
>m-muh nintendo
Every time. Never once mentioned Nintendo or consoles in my posts, console warring cuck, learn how to fucking read.
>>
>>388564986
The player can run while healing, you're saying he can't. You are wrong and there's footage proving that you're wrong. Kill yourself.
>>
>>388565256
why not post it then fucko
>>
>>388552925
In a heartbeat i expect World portable on switch at E3 and releases during winter 2018 or early summer 2019
>>
>>388564652
Monster Hunter 4 and 4G sold 4.1 million each on 3DS, with the former having no western release. Monster Hunter X sold 4.2 million.
>>
>>388565210
https://youtu.be/HEiGGB_GCBc?t=5m34s
Eat shit Nintendork
>>
>>388565210
>fast travlling is infinite.
Probably because you ain't tied down by a time limit or a single quest at a time anymore.
Probably because you can choose to leave the hunting grounds when the fuck ever.
Probably because each hunting grounds is 3 times that of any given hunting ground in any given Monster hunter game.
>>
>>388565503
>b-but nintendo!!!
lol, you still going at it?

>>388565562
>Probably because you ain't tied down by a time limit or a single quest at a time anymore.
>Probably because you can choose to leave the hunting grounds when the fuck ever.
Thanks anon, forgot about those casualisations, adding them to the list.
>>
>>388565859
Nah I'm not the same anon you were arguing with first, just calling you out for being a fag. Real easy to get under your skin huh? Nice job admitting you were wrong about the fast travel.
>>
>>388546258
>A modernized MH incapable of out performing 3DS

You really are delusional my man.
>>
>>388565859
Oh, I'm sorry.
It is such fun having to go back and forth to the hub and the hunting grounds to pick off gathering quests one by one.

You are such a faggot and now have lost any reason to take your dumb ass seriously.
>>
it doesn't have to, since they'll reuse the assets for future games
>>
File: 12191531_p0.jpg (393KB, 1200x666px) Image search: [Google]
12191531_p0.jpg
393KB, 1200x666px
I think Jagras may have a few vomitting attacks we havent seen yet
>>
>>388565859
Those things have nothing to do with difficulty.
>>
i just hope its not garbage

also sucks i wont be able to whip out new monhun for a quick quest between classes

maybe the casual shit wont be useful in higher ranked missions
>>
>>388566064
I was wrong about you being able to use it in front of the monster, I wasn't wrong about it being infinite and broken as fuck.

See, it's not hard to admit you're wrong, maybe when you grow up you will realize that
>>
They should really consider the idea of releasing a small demo, 2 monster, all types of weapons, maybe some free exploration
>>
>>388566380
>literally less casual than Farcasters
>>broken as fuck
what are you smoking
>>
>>388546258
PS4 it'll sell just fine. PC might sell ok but the playerbase will tank after a week because PC players are fickle, and don't actually care if its not a moba or CSGO. xbox will be DOA.
>>
File: 1493819950545.webm (2MB, 842x430px) Image search: [Google]
1493819950545.webm
2MB, 842x430px
>>388565332
According to your dumb nigger brain this guy is walking at a snails pace while eating meat. Kill yourself idiot.
>>
>>388566378
Laptop? Not quite as small, but still portable.
>>
>>388566456
They're infinite while farcasters are not.
>>
>>388566269
you can leave the battle whenever the fuck for however long to heal at a camp whenever you take damage at all, even if a hunt takes 2 hours even a super casual can beat and g rajang because he could just keep stalling and healing

and instead of carting 3 times, you would just cart twice and go "whoops, time to abandon quest with no repercussions time to keep all my items lol"
>>
>>388566503
Not that anon, but you can see that that's the sprinting while eating/healing speed.
At the very end of him eating you can see the stamina bar go up and him slow down.

Just pointing shit out here.
>>
>>388566503
that's not a potion sweetie
>>
>>388566559
laptops are fucking shit
im not gonna waste money on a gaymen laptop just to play monhon
>>
>>388566604
And Farcasters can be used right in front of a monster.
What's your point, fucko?
>>
File: 1423341367676.jpg (548KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1423341367676.jpg
548KB, 1920x1080px
Gosh I love monster hunter

Even if these threads are now full of shitposters.
>>
>>388566675
but his stamina's not depleting at all, that's the default speed for using a meat item while moving, we don't know if you can sprint while eating big stuff like that but with potions you can
>>
>>388566604
While far casters are only ever for getting the fuck out of a fight.
The TP in World is used to go back to camp and change weapons you fight more than one hunt at a time or switch from blunt to slash so you can cut a tail and break a limb. Because it would take you 5-10 mins to run hop and skip your ass to one of the 3 camps per hunting grounds. And can't be used in a fight.
>>
>>388566675
>>388566675
oh I'm aware of that, but he can still run and heal. The idiot thinks the hunters can't run and heal.
>>
>>388566678
um its a consumable sweetie, they all have animations in monhun belly rub or flex
>>
>>388566763
See >>388566634

If you still can't see how they're broken, then i'm sorry, there's no helping you.
>>
>>388566934
I've never seen a hunter eat a potion like a steak honey
>>
File: 1501983732235.jpg (58KB, 527x386px) Image search: [Google]
1501983732235.jpg
58KB, 527x386px
>>388566763
>Playing 4U
>Rathian suddenly making me her bitch
>Go to pop a farcaster
>In the time between the part where the hunter throws the farcaster onto the ground and the mist comes up Rathian runs up and slightly nudges me away
>Since I am now not in the mist I do not warp back to base camp
>Instead I am left standing there like a retard

Don't use farcasters right in front of monsters kids.
>>
File: 1503416373540.jpg (580KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1503416373540.jpg
580KB, 2048x2048px
>>388566821
Me too, Monster Hunter!
>>
>>388566675
Actually his stamina stays the same, his stamina starts going up in increments because of the meat he ate at the end. running while eating does not cost stamina.
>>
>>388566604
You can easily bring more farcasters into a hunt than you ever will need. And it's several times faster than the fast traveling in Monster Hunter World
>>
>>388566964
Except you can't leave battle "whenever the fuck" because it can't be used during battle, unlike Farcasters.
So again, what's your fucking point?
>>
>>388566821
I used to love MH too before World ruined it.
>>
>>388567082
>get hurt
>equip stealth mantle
>fuck off back to camp with halk because now the monster can't see you
>recharge mantle and heal at camp
>rinse and repeat until monster is dead
>>
>>388566634
Being in a fight doesn't not end when you put your weapon away numbnuts.
It's when the Monster no longer known you are then or when the monster is dead.
A Monster doesn't just stop caring about you when they tap you once.
>>
>>388566856
>>388567034
Look closer anons. It's very small and ultimately ineffective, but his stamina is going down.
He also slows down to the normal moving while eating/healing speed towards the end of the animation.
>>
>>388567082
>Except you can't leave battle "whenever the fuck"
Not him but running away from monsters has never been easier as it is in MHW. Have you not been paying attention to how things work now?
>>
>>388567231
You're forgetting the part where you time out because you were jerking around too long
>>
>>388567231
>get hurt
>farcaster back to camp while the monster is 2 feet away from you
>lie in bed and full heal for free
>rinse and repeat until monster is dead
For the third time, what's your point?
>>
>>388567253
>He also slows down to the normal moving while eating/healing speed towards the end of the animation.
That's only because the player stopped running because they were going near a ledge and wanted to show off the vista during the stream. We've seen the same thing with healing, there's no slow down at the end.
>>
>>388567231
Equipping stealth mantle doesn't stop battle.
The Monster knows you are still around, just can't see you.
Battle has not ended. Stealth mantle runs can a will run out.
Running will drop the mantle.
>>
>>388567356
you waste inventory space on farcasters and materials for farcasters

you get all that for free in World

>>388567346
also no mission timers
>>
>>388567289
Are you seriously trying to imply that zoning out and losing the monster entirely is somehow more complex than what is in World?
>>
>>388567413
>The Monster knows you are still around, just can't see you.
That's the part where the guy runs away from the fight
>>
>>388567438
>no mission timers
Are you genuinely retarded? The first ever English gameplay shown worldwide showed, in the first 2 minutes, that mission timers are still in.
You gotta be shitposting at this point
>>
>>388567438
Have you not bothered to even look at the HUD?
Have you watched zero of the footage
One of the first thing the quest lady says is "Oh and one more thing! You're being timed"
And the fucking usual timer is in the top left
>>
>>388567438
Moving goal posts.
You notice you lost that battle and move on you some other irrelevant piece of shit.
>>
>>388567491
as opposed to farcasting in it's face or Zoning out in every other game.
>>
>>388557680
We should just go back to the good MH1 days. Time to gather all those mushrooms and honey on your own again without any help from shops or farms. And who the fuck needs the right analog stick for the camera?
>>
>>388567886
>unlimited use vs limited use
>>
I dont get it, its still monster hunter just better visuals.
It will do as well as it always did on a larger scale but i dont think it will draw in any new crowds.
>>
>>388567924
God, I hate gathering. Farms should have some degree of automation.
>>
>>388567996
>he warps out more than 11 times a fight
have fun timing out on even low rank quests shitter
>>
>>388567996
>being able to use it 2ft from the monster's face vs only being able to use it out of combat
neither is more or less casual than the other
>>
I love that all the "XX is anime, W is real MH" faggots are eating crow right now, it's almost as good as the consolewarrior infants throwing shit at each other when they all have to pay for their internet twice.

Have they shown the full options screen yet? I want to know everything that we can toggle or adjust, from the voices to the damage numbers to whatever else.
>>
>>388567996
Situational use vs. whenever the fuck ever use.
>>
>>388568118
lol bugger off nintenbro
>>
>>388568118
They haven't. This "everything is toggleable" shit is just people damage controlling
>>
>>388568118
Not as much as I'm loving the people who shat on Frontier because of anime having to eat the shit that is MHX and MHXX because they're mainline and on Nintendo.
>>
>>388559091
>IT SHOULD BE A STAGNANT PIECE OF SHIT ON NINTENDO

Nah I like the way World sounds so far.
>>
>>388568308
They are not wrong though.
All this hud shit everyone is bitching about is actually able to be turned off.
Hell they even gave diehards the ability to switch english voices with your standard Mohan gibberish speak.
>>
>>388568440
>MHX and MHXX because they're mainline
Capcom's been pretty adamant that Cross is a sub-series, not mainline.
>>
>>388554991
you're delusional as fuck.
>>
I have played every MonHun since 2, I will buy this day 1 on Steam so I can play with my non-PS4 owning bud and I'll buy a PS4 copy if the PC has no special edition.
>>
>>388548296
>Monster Hunter is cheap to make

This is probably my favorite meme.
>>
>>388548296
>It caused countless westerners to make fake asian accounts. to play it.
This meme again? I want numbers, retard.
>>
>>388568480
>"m-muh nintendo..."
Nice argument by the way, it's pretty sad when your only argument is putting words in my mouth. Refrain from posting next time.
>>
>>388568907
Dude. it's 80% reused assets.
When Capcom was fucking broke and needed sony to pay for them to make Street fighter 5 they were still making Monster Hunter.
Last time they spent money on making monster hunter it was Monster Hunter Tri.
They doing it again now with World. Then they will reuse World Assets for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>388555142
no even the same guy, but gj on thinking of wining an argument on /v/, you are still a retard and it's going to sell well

>>hurr durr it's not going to sell well because i said so

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter

people have been begging for a mh game on pc for years and years pls stay mad and kys ;^)
>>
File: OL Abiorg.webm (2MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
OL Abiorg.webm
2MB, 1024x576px
>>
>>388569253
I really wish solo hunts in Online were instanced on your machine and not server based, makes playing the game absolute hell sometimes
>>
>>388569175
>doesn't disprove anything I said about frontier of MHO
>posts sales numbers where 90% of all the sales came from japan
>thinks westerners are going to eat this shit up when westerners historically don't buy MH
>thinks he's smart when he's really BTFO'ing himself
Nice one, idiot.
>>
>>388569424
Then people would just cheat. It sucks but its necessary.
>>
>>388568907
MH WAS cheap to make now though they actually have to make models and animations again as they cant just simply port over things they have although who knows if we'll see models from the Chinese MH game.
>>
>>388569175
Looks like all of the significant sales of the series have been on portable consoles. Tri on the Wii is the only non-portable entry that even made it onto the million sellers chart.
>>
>>388569794
Animations of old monsters bare new attacks can be ported over.

It's just skeleton
>>
>>388569167
Capcom was still making Monster Hunter games at that time because they were never actually broke. The fact that Sony bought console exclusivity for SFV doesn't mean anything in regard to MH.
>>
>>388559089
>It has to be able to run on the switch in handheld mode which is quite far apart power wise from the ps4, so that extra power the ps4 offers can't be used for anything significant beyond shorter load times and maybe a resolution bump ala Persona 5
Pretty much anything can run on the switch if you run sub-HD resolutions. There are games that run on 400-something-p on switch.
>>
File: switchmhxx1.jpg (436KB, 1071x802px) Image search: [Google]
switchmhxx1.jpg
436KB, 1071x802px
>>388554958
Reading all the seething Nintendo drones feels great and so does being an idort that doesn't have brand loyalty. I haven't played my Switch since April because of no games so it's a good thing I own a PS4 and PC. :^)
>>
File: 1279590241810.jpg (31KB, 311x311px) Image search: [Google]
1279590241810.jpg
31KB, 311x311px
>>388564938
>goes back to Nintendo in any form except late, downgraded ports.
Imagine the damage control Switch owners would employ if MHW did get a port. They'll deny ever parroting World was "casualized" or "westernized" while touting portability as the only possible reason for the inevitable downgrades and the sole determining factor behind calling it the "definitive" version.
>>
>>388569439

most sales come from japan because its the biggest market for handhelds

westerners do eat this shit up, what are thousands of videos together with tens of fansites, redits, wikias

also frontier as said is a game from 2007 only for japan, there have been cases where english speakers have been banned, so it's clearly not encouraging foreign players to come, yet there are fan made translations and many guides on how to play it outside of japan, discord servers for english speakers and players are reporting 600-2000 players online at all time....in a japan only pc game from 2007

maybe if you actually searched on google you would see for yourself, instead of acting like an autistic screeching kid
>>
>>388546258
Model swapping on PC. hhhnnnggg
>>
File: 1502369760152.png (275KB, 592x2230px) Image search: [Google]
1502369760152.png
275KB, 592x2230px
Fucking Christ, why the fuck does this game triggers Nintenbros so much? Didn't they have a PC as well?
Or was Nintendo + PC just a meme all along?

As a PCfag, I'm just glad that I won't have to buy a weak handheld just to play another MH recycled from PS2 era. Go learn the moonrunes and import MHXX Switch instead of spamming more shitpost threads, Nintenbros.
>>
>>388570912
>westerners do eat this shit up, what are thousands of videos together with tens of fansites, redits, wikias
God Eater fits that description as well and those games sell like shit. You idiots keep mentioning crap like video reviews, uploads, wikis, etc but those are irrelevant when you're actually trying to talk about a playerbase. MH wells like shit outside of Japan, this is a fact. There's no logical reason for you to assume that it WON'T sell poorly in the west. There's not really anything disproving this. General interest is low right now, pre-orders are shit, and past history paints a clear picture. you can keep deluging yourself however you want but don't expect me to eat the shit you feed yourself.
>>
Why is it so fun?

what are you huntan, anon?
>>
>bought a switch last week
>got zelda with it, but really got it for mohun
>managed to get addicted to zelda before mohun came out

I did play XX for a bit, it's mad on a TV.
>>
>>388571505
Brachydios right now
muh 2% drop chance
>>
>>388571408
"MH wells like shit outside of Japan"
"keep deluging yourself"

are your hands shaking from the anger :^) ?

god eater has none of the above i said about mh and it's also a shitty clone of mh, not a good example

multiple people explained to you the reasons why it sold like shit outside japan

you seem to be the one eating shit here
>>
>>388554958
I just want more worthwhile games on the Switch to justify buying one sooner or later, but other than that, I dont give two shits what platform its on knowing that I have money
>>
File: 1503579287187.jpg (12KB, 407x286px) Image search: [Google]
1503579287187.jpg
12KB, 407x286px
>>388554958
>>388555148
>>388555268
>>388555439
>>388556638
>>388557837
Idort here.
Doesn't get anymore pathetic than this tbqhfam.
>>
File: 1503899083753.jpg (60KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1503899083753.jpg
60KB, 960x960px
Will we ever get our good MH threads back bros?
>>
How the FUCK do tinged meats work? No matter where I drop it nothing seems to go after it
Should I plan where the monster will go to eat beforehand? Do I drop it as soon as I see drool? Do only certain monsters eat meat? Can I be near it?
>>
>>388571237

At some point you have to become aware that 99% of people posting online about video games are teenagers who only own one console.
>>
>>388573117
I believe that if they see you drop it, they won't touch it. Except maybe Joe, 'cause he can't help himself.
>>
>>388572437
Why? All of them professed hate towards console warriors and they are all idorts

>>388573132
>At some point you have to become aware that 99% of people posting online about video games are teenagers who only own one console.

I bought XX for Switch and I'm buying MHW for PS4 and PC, I can't imagine only owning one platform to play games on.
>>
File: 1503283297346.jpg (50KB, 275x326px) Image search: [Google]
1503283297346.jpg
50KB, 275x326px
>>388546258
>MH4U sold barely over a million
>Generations didn't even surpass the million units, not much different from FU sales
>"b-b-but guys! N-N-Nintendo made MH popular!"
>>
>>388573492
Fuck the 3DS games, I hope MH never goes back to shitty 240p handhelds ever again, but I thought it sold better then that, damn, I'm not sure how well or not it will do, I think they need a beta. They need to get world into people's hands, so they can actually see how fun it is.
>>
>>388573470
>Why?
Because they are acting as part of the problem. The solution is to stay on topic and not give these people attention, not reply to bait and fight fire with fire.
>>
>>388573802
MH4U sold 5 million in total, X/Gen sold 4 million
>>
>>388571237
>main XX team
Does he not know that Monster Hunter World is made by A team?
>>
File: 1503267570128m.jpg (90KB, 858x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1503267570128m.jpg
90KB, 858x1024px
>>388557837
>>388559613
>>388571237
>MHXX announced for Switch
>Other platforms NEVER EVER! Nintendo always wins, baby! MH is officially Nintendo's exclusive, stay mad cucks!
>2 weeks later...
>MHW announced ONLY for PC, PS4, & XBOne

MHW is literally the biggest BTFO ever to Nintenbros, much to the cathartic pleasure of PCbros, PS4bros, & XBOners after years of receiving malicious jeers and taunts from Nintenbros for not getting MH3U + MH4U + MHGen.
>>
File: 1500609247249.jpg (928KB, 4728x1264px) Image search: [Google]
1500609247249.jpg
928KB, 4728x1264px
>>388575315
>>
>>388575683
>wojak
Nigga are you even trying?
>>
>>388575937
>Post he was replying to also had wojaks
Nigga are you even trying?
>>
>>388576039
Not my post. Nigga are any of you trying?
>>
Say what you will, but Nintendo literally kept Monster Hunter alive and going for years because Sony didn't want it at the time.
Also the XboneX version will be the definitive version of MHW, so I'm glad I don't have to give any money to Sony.
>>
>>388576262
>didn't want it.
Nintendo bought a exclusivity contract for several games.
Sony couldn't butt in if they wanted.
Also don't bring MHO into this. That was Chinese.Korean made shit. They skirt laws every min. of every day.
>>
>>388576262
Nintendo literally moneyhatted the series.
>>
>>388574827
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html

Also for MH4U 1.2m sales is from western releases, everything else is from JP release
Generations didn't even break the million unit sold yet and at this point I think it won't (last time I heard about Gen was around 750k like 6 months after its release)
>>
>>388576262
Nintendo have contract with them so Sony can't do shit even if they want to.
>>
How's the dlc handled on 3ds?
>>
File: 1420747130989.png (15KB, 358x359px) Image search: [Google]
1420747130989.png
15KB, 358x359px
>>388565503
>4 people eating shit against a rathalos

man, I can't wait for the average cunt to absolutely lose their shit when getting their shit pushed in by a fucking Los
>>
>>388569116
>trying to count countless numbers
>>
>>388576262
It's not that simple.

After MH2 and MHP2G, Capcom asked Sony to manage MH online. Sony thought of MH as having little influence outside Japan (as sales number showed), and told Capcom to manage their own online function as every other developer was expected to.

Capcom went to Nintendo, and offered exclusive rights if Nintendo were to manage MH networking and pay some kickback. Nintendo saw the potential sales shift with how popular MH was in Japan, and agreed. Since then, it's been Nintendo paying and supporting Capcom for the rights to have MH exclusivity.

I'm not sure whether Capcom thought Nintendo's hardware was holding them back too much, or that networking is now so simple that there was no reason to limit potential customers, but they decided that the deal with Nintendo wasn't good enough.

It wasn't Nintendo being charitable to Capcom, it was Nintendo paying Capcom for a business edge against Sony.
>>
As a MH fan, these are honestly among the worst threads on /v/. Ya'll are too fucking cynical for your own good and love to point fingers. Children, the lot of ya. You're literally no better than anyone else.
>>
>>388576828
it's all free, no new monsters or anything, but lots of cross company and game collabs in the form of gear

I think capcom tried briefly to implement a paid system to buy potions and shit, but it's all free now in the form of item packs that are handed out every once in a while
>>
>>388577021
That's really no one's fault than Sony's.
>>
File: 1503453571063.png (88KB, 900x580px) Image search: [Google]
1503453571063.png
88KB, 900x580px
Guys, any info on Character creation yet? Did they improve shit or it's going to be basic shit like always?
>>
>>388577501
They said it's gonna be a lot more detailed than previous games.
And it's gonna have proper beards.
>>
>>388577208
You're right that Sony could have taken on the cost of MH networking, but what kind of precedent would that set? Would SqEnix complain that Sony wasn't hosting FFXI? Would Capcom use the MH adoption to pressure Sony into supporting Biohazard online as well?

Capcom was pushing a hard business deal, forcing Sony to either take on unforeseeable losses in network costs, or a predictable loss of MH sales. Any sane business would go with the predictable loss, and so Sony did. It's survived without MH, maintaining market share, so it was clearly the best decision.
>>
>>388577552
But nothing like Arrekz monster beard
>>
>>388577015
That goes to you too, retard. You make these huge claims with no proof at all.
>>
>>388578306
Dunno if I'd call it countless, but I know plenty of people did it, and either way, the game has been popular enough to be around for over a decade, that's worth something
>>
>>388549690
>ruining the game experience
why isn't this series dead then? last 50 games have been on game ruining handhelds.
>>
>>388546258
I want to play it, but I don't think my puter can do it, all I have is a 670 and I don't care to buy a PS4
>>
File: 1456425904198.gif (1MB, 500x301px) Image search: [Google]
1456425904198.gif
1MB, 500x301px
>>388577208
>Sony or MS buy third party exclusives
>reeeee cancerous business practices

>Nintendo buys third party exclusives
>haha fuck sony it's all their fault anyway
>>
>>388572940
There was one today. It was a miracle.
>>
>>388578440
Now it goes from countless to anecdotal evidence to even more hearsay without any kind of proof whatsoever. Nice one.
>>
Anyone who wants to keep MH on Switch and other Nintendo consoles in the future, continue to keep comparing the game with Dark Souls. Once MHW makes enemies with one of the West's biggest franchises, people will turn away from it (more so than they already are).

>Kiddy Dark Souls
>Dark Souls kid's edition
>Bad graphics
>Bad animation
>Bad lip syncing
>Dark Souls rip off
>Casual Dark Souls
All of these work. More if you're creative.
>>
>>388573492
Denying MH's success on Nintendo platforms is pure fucking autism
>>
>>388578864
>History revisionist
>Missing out on all the people absolutely livid that Bayonetta 2 was Wii U exclusive despite Nintendo literally funding it
>>
File: 1407353882162.jpg (44KB, 680x989px) Image search: [Google]
1407353882162.jpg
44KB, 680x989px
>>388580624
>>
>>388575937
>Wojak is only bad when its against sony!
Burn in hell subhuman.
>>
>>388580701
Well technically the western success that MH saw started in the PSP really.
>>
>>388583121
Maybe because the PSP was hacked to oblivion, most people didnt even buy games for it.
>>
Even DQ can't move 1.5 million units on console in Japan but people think this will?
>>
>>388558175
Fucking Splatoon 2 is probably going to outsell DQ11 on PS4.
The pissshit 4 is dead in Japan.
>>
>>388580624
Normies will compare anything that has any sort of difficulty to dark souls and there is no fucking avoiding it.
Fucking SMT, a game that plays NOTHING like Dark Souls gets fucking compared to it for christ sake.
>>
>>388583895
Unlike MH DQ has done it before. To be fair, DQ XI was split between PS4 and 3DS while other releases were only on a single platform.
>>
>>388583895
MH is more popular than DQ, so it definitely will.
>>
>>388585129
>MH is more popular than DQ
LOL, not in Japan.
>>
>>388585129
>MH is more popular than DQ
Nah, DQ is king in japan dude. They're really autism about it
>>
>>388572437
>>388574121
>The solution is to stay on topic and not give these people attention
But I want to. It spices things up, ir's like poking a retarded bull to see his reaction.
Eventually they'll get tired. Even if you don't respond there's a 100% chance someone else will and the Nintendo fanboys will just keep going regardless.

Also the OP started this thread by shitposting, how can you expect it to be good?
>>
>game does well
>gotta buy rehashes every 1-2 years
>game does poorly
>get to play glorious HD monster hunter 'til the day I die with the same autistic community
>it wont have the full cast
I don't know if I want this to be successful or not.
>>
>>388586703
>muh nintendo fanboy boogeyman
Funny you say that when most of the shitposting in this thread is anti-nintendo shitposting.
>>
>>388586703
>He doesn't know how MonHun threads work
>>
>>388586812
It's a High Rank iteration, you don't want to be stuck without G Rank.
>>
>>388586812
>gotta buy rehashes every 1-2 years
Let's say they will do well, is 1-2 years for a new game possible? I would think that with this kind of graphic and upgrade it would take longer then on 3ds.
>>
>>388587228
Can you blame him? Probably never played a Monster Hunter game in his life.
>>
File: 1503622964572.jpg (1MB, 1579x4096px) Image search: [Google]
1503622964572.jpg
1MB, 1579x4096px
Will MonHun thread be comfy again when MHW release? I'm scared bros
>>
File: rGI12Jm[1].png (2KB, 606x71px) Image search: [Google]
rGI12Jm[1].png
2KB, 606x71px
>>388576560
Are you retarded? That page shows Gen out-selling 4U by 100,000 units.
>>
File: MH4U-Gore_Magala.jpg (250KB, 1876x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MH4U-Gore_Magala.jpg
250KB, 1876x1080px
>>388587412
protip anon, the model details and texture work on the 3ds are very detailed for use in future proofing and other shit like that, same with Pokemon, these games reuse a LOT from older games so they can do the game every year formula
>>
File: 1502315803524.gif (140KB, 379x440px) Image search: [Google]
1502315803524.gif
140KB, 379x440px
>>388586998
>assblasted Nintenbros spam anti-MHW shitposting on Nintendoga/v/
>MHbros and other platformbros shitpost about Switch not getting MHW in retaliation
>G-guys, stop s-shitposting about N-Ninty! B-BTW MHW s-sucks! R-R-REEEEEEEE!!!! *sobs*

Stop pulling out the victim card, Nintenbro.
>>
>>388587564
Yes, posts about gameplay always surpass shitty console wars
>>
File: MeanMotherfucker.jpg (167KB, 1000x927px) Image search: [Google]
MeanMotherfucker.jpg
167KB, 1000x927px
>>388586998
Geeeeeeeeeee why is that? OH! What's this >>388546258 ??
Huh... it's almost as if a Nintendo fanboy struck first and everyone else responded in kind. Really makes you think.

Earlier today we've had another MonHun thread with a completely neutral OP and a non-MHW image and it went pretty well, much better than this one at least.

>>388587228
This is not how MonHun OP's work at all. The usual joke is always self-depricating, nothing to do with consoles or sales numbers.
Also the joke only works when everyone's in on it. For example posting a MHFU image and quoting Gamespot's review (or something to the same effect) works because every MonHun fan knows OP's intent and reference.
With MHW the same doesn't work because Poe's Law is in full effect right now. If you say the game is shit there's no telling if you're being sarcastic or actually serious, it's a 50/50 chance and will inevitably lead to shitposting.
>>
Why don't people just report this thread for instigating a flamewar?
>>
>>388587323
I mean a g-rank re-release seems the obvious follow-up. Put in 1/4 the work and get a full price product on shelves.
>>
>>388587998
Was kind of my fault for responding solely about the end of the post, without any regard to really anything else in the comment chain. Specifically:
>Also the OP started this thread by shitposting, how can you expect it to be good?
It is tradition that MonHun threads are started with shitposting. Though I do agree it's not THIS kind of shitposting. Point still stands though.
>>
>>388588130
because this is how monster hunter threads work

give it about half a year after World and it'll be back to "normal" discussion
>>
>>388587923
>Implying any sort of criticism against world is anti-MHW shitposting from salty nintendo fans
>"we dindu nuffin, we good bois, just self defense"
I'm guessing you're one of those "people" who call anyone criticizing MH World a fanboy? Either way, kill yourself.
>>
When are they going to release XX for the 3ds in the west?
>>
>>388588178
Sure, but that's not what the second scenario in the post that was in response to suggests would happen. They are saying they'd be fine if the game does poorly and it's the last MonHun we get. Which, no, that will not be fine. The end game of High Rank games is always shit compared to the GRank versions. There's just significantly less to do, and far less wiggle room in combining armor sets.

It's part of why Nintenbros are upset. Their last MonHun is Gen (outside of JP), which ended on High Rank. Their only option is to wait for a port that will never come. Or just stop being a retard and buy World on PC. But this is 4Chan, we can't be reasonable and assume people have more than one gaming system available to them.
>>
File: 1443142258657.gif (986KB, 155x155px) Image search: [Google]
1443142258657.gif
986KB, 155x155px
>>388588534
you're a funny guy anon
>>
I find it hilarious how 95% of the time the people who instigate consolewar shit in these threads are nintendo haters. I don't even have a switch and yet I constantly get called a nintendofag when I criticize this game.
>>
>>388588534
They already did Switch isn't region locked, and MHXXSwitch came out the other day. You don't need to be able to read for MonHun, right? You're not THAT much of a casual...

. :) .
>>
>>388588642
literally no ones cares about you dude
>>
File: send help.png (127KB, 281x346px) Image search: [Google]
send help.png
127KB, 281x346px
>>388588608
>>388588761
im cryin
>>
File: 134234234.jpg (237KB, 1800x906px) Image search: [Google]
134234234.jpg
237KB, 1800x906px
Should i buy 4U or Gen ? which one is more noob friendly and have enough players online

I tried both demos and i think 4U clicked more with me but i dont know
>>
>>388588331
>WTF, WHY NO MHW ON SWITCH REEEE! CASUALIZED WESTERNIZED DEAD!!!
>Uh, we're totally MHbros, not a Nintenbros at all yessiree. And we're not shitposting because no MHW for Switch, just wanna give some valid criticisms in peace ;D

Better be subtler next time, Nintenbros.
>>
Stop replying to this shitty thread and come to the comfy baitless thread

>>388588961

>>388588961
>>
>>388566934
>>388567014
>>388566678
>this entire discourse

y'all...
>>
im honestly considering buying it on the switch...someone convince me not to
>>
>>388588973
4U is better for newcomers, Gen/X is a spinoff anniversary game with funky mechanics everywhere
>>
File: C8F2sxIVAAApd7E.jpg large.jpg (128KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C8F2sxIVAAApd7E.jpg large.jpg
128KB, 1200x675px
>>388589092
You're inviting shitposters to your thread
>>
>>388589157
Yeah i guess i will go with 4U
>>
>>388589152
World isn't on Switch, XX is though.

you might want to play another MH game first to get a hang of the gameplay loop before you dive right into the moonrunes, P3rd with Eng patch is easily emulatable and will give you a good feel for the menus and crafting system so you can get through the more advanced nip stuff
>>
File: as expected.png (211KB, 598x402px) Image search: [Google]
as expected.png
211KB, 598x402px
>>388546258
As usual /v/ keep to walk in the same pitfall again and again, very disappointing.
>>
>>388589028
>I AM SILLY
Sure showed me.
>>
>>388546843

Lol, I'm getting it on the One X.
>>
>>388589403
i actually beat the main campaign of gen last night and im still hyped on this and double cross but i worry my pc wont be able to handle it and im not paying a monthly fee for ps4 just to play one game online. also i have a decent understanding of japanese
>>
>>388589596
Well then go for it, if your 3ds is hacked, there's programs to convert you gen save to a Jap save so you can carry your progress over
>>
>>388589580
>Lol.
>the One X
Be less transparent.
>>
>>388587564
Yep, we'll be back to weapon-bitching, but with comfy webms and screenshots, and fashion hunter.
>>
>>388589580
It's called the 19, thank you. X1X XIX 19.
>>
>>388546843
trust me, it will get a decent following on PC, and the community will last longer too.
>>
>>388553714
If you actually play the game. You know all the english guilds on channel 13 add up to 2500 at most. Games awesome and all but west dont give a fuck.
>>
>>388590250
i never saw a point in hacking my 3ds so sadly no i guess im just a little greedy for more monster hunter. i can wait a little longer till worlds comes out. but could someone reccommend a good place to build a gaming pc?
>>
File: DDHyLaFXkAExlqO.jpg orig.jpg (191KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DDHyLaFXkAExlqO.jpg orig.jpg
191KB, 1920x1080px
>>388590905
Weapon bitching is never be the same since 4thGen.
>>
>>388591373
You could go to /g/ and ask those faggots in pc building thread for advice. There some website that can simulate builds for you too.
>>
>>388591621
oh! thank you so much for the advice. but how bad is /g/? like what am i in for?
Thread posts: 431
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.