[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's Monday and school is back in. Lets talk classic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: images.jpg (7KB, 240x210px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 240x210px
It's Monday and school is back in. Lets talk classic games oldfags.
>>
WAT IZ DIS PLACE
>>
File: 1406761358349.gif (127KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1406761358349.gif
127KB, 1024x768px
>>388534868
just bought pic related
>>
>>388535158
System shock is so fucking good
>>
games that capture that ridiculous 16 bit contra aesthetic

operation logic bomb
tuff e nuff

what others
>>
>NES Classic has Super C, but not the original
EXPLAIN THIS BULLSHIT
>>
>>388534868
Contra 3 was my favorite. To this day i've never gotten past level 3 though. I am bad at video games.
>>
contra 3 sucked ass compared to hard corps
>>
>>388537359
Them's figtin' words buddy. I remember trying hard corps on my older brothers modded xbox and thought the only cool thing about it was that you could select your character. everything else was shit, especially the music.
>>
>>388536525
It's weird, but the NES Contra has never been released on any of the Virtual Console services. It can't be emulation-related, since Contra uses the same mapper as Salamander and that has been re-released numerous times.

I heard rumors that it had something to do with the artwork of Bill and Lance on the title screen being essentially traceovers or Arnie and Sly, but that's nothing that couldn't be solved by hiring a pixel artist to swap out some tiles.

>>388537359
>>388537536
Why not both?
>>
>tfw posting from school
>>
>>388538149
Because there can only be one!

In all seriousness though, I never gave HC much of a chance. Plus, with the GBA port, it's a hell of a lot easier to get your hands on a copy of The Alien Wars.
>>
>>388534868
Probotectors > Gay Amerifag Soldiers
>>
>>388538396
>Plus, with the GBA port, it's a hell of a lot easier to get your hands on a copy of The Alien Wars.
But the GBA version of Contra III is trash. Nothing at all like the SNES original.
>>
>>388538474
Fuck you.

>>388538654
Isn't it missing a few levels?
>>
>>388538474

Fuck you, faggot ass third worlder.
>>
File: GBA_Contra_Lance.png (42KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
GBA_Contra_Lance.png
42KB, 240x160px
>>388538805
>Isn't it missing a few levels?
Just the two top-down stages, but they've been replaced by copypasted levels from Contra: Hard Corps. Problem is that levels were designed for your abilities from Contra HC in mind and they didn't bother to redesign the levels to better suit your current abilities. It's also missing the option to carry two weapons at the same time (including the spin shot required for certain bosses) and the hyper bombs. Music is not as good the SNES original and resolution is squished too.

Not sure why didn't just make a new game instead of a frankensteined port.
>>
>>388539365
>It's also missing the option to carry two weapons at the same time

FUCKING
DROPPED

That shit was my favorite thing to do in 3.
>>
File: a-blz2.jpg (253KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
a-blz2.jpg
253KB, 1200x800px
Do people still play Hard Corps Uprising online?
>>
File: c4.jpg (157KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
c4.jpg
157KB, 1280x720px
If you want to resurrect a dead franchise, I can't think of a better way to do it. I found the dual screen transitions a bit weird though.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.