[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will 2deep4u come back to vidya? Why has this stupid medium

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: xenogears7vr.jpg (37KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
xenogears7vr.jpg
37KB, 500x375px
When will 2deep4u come back to vidya?

Why has this stupid medium degenerated into 'hero games'?
>>
>>388512234
mgsv was not long ago and it is rigged with 2deep4u
>>
There will always be a current 'type' of game that is prevelant until we speak out about being sick of it.

>Platformers
>WW2 games
>Modern Warfare games
>2deep4u so philosophical point 'n' clicks
>MOBAs
>Hero games
>???
>>
>>388512305
it cut back on story though
Xenogears was very wordy
>>
When publishers give money for such projects. But they obviously care more about accessibility and profit than experimentation and elaborate themes.

I don't think it should become a trend though, I'm fine with having one or two every year.
>>
>>388512357
Everyone wants platformers back.
>>
>>388512515
I look back on the PS1 and PS2 and think, "damn, look at dem games".
I look at the PS4 and Switch and think, "Well, at least Japan has a Seiken Densetsu collection".
>>
>>388512817
But back then games were much cheaper to develop so the system allowed for more experimentation and riskier projects. Besides, there still wasn't a defined knowledge of what people liked and the size of each audience, so they had more incentives to try new things, because if you nailed it, you would get the entire market.

Publishers are unwilling to invest 40 million in niche stuff, it sucks but it's understandable.
>>
>>388513142
they weren't cheaper at all. that's just inflation devaluing currency
>>
>>388512234
Nier 2 has almost as many Eva references as Xenogears despite being half as long
>>
>>388512234
Obviously you don't play a lot of indie games.

Every second indie game's story is some 2deep4u bullshit because they think it's "cool" not to give a definitive conclusion to their aggressively mediocre story based on some shit they read in college once.
>>
>>388513278
Inflation is a factor, but not to that extent. The costs have been skyrocketing, specially since the previous gen. Developers have been complaining about it for years too.

>>388513331
Having Eva references (I don't remember if it does) is unrelated to being 2deep4u. It's like we use Eva as a standard for depth or something, like it's the creator of meaningful narrative. And I love Eva, but this no different than "the Dark Souls of X" that we hear so often lately that adds nothing and trivializes both works.
Automata has complex themes because it wants to say its own thing, same with Xenogears, which is extremely unrelated to Eva aside from some superficial and probably coincidental similarities.
>>
>>388512234
Why does he have cum dripping from his nose?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.