[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it viable to make an arcade stick without the stick? I spent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: sfxtarcadestick.jpg (25KB, 640x417px) Image search: [Google]
sfxtarcadestick.jpg
25KB, 640x417px
Is it viable to make an arcade stick without the stick?

I spent to much of my youth playing fighting games on keyboards and got used to it, I could easily input hard commands like 360° and whathever those K9999 DM where. A couple years ago I trained a bit to use a dual shock or similar in a decent manner but I'm still better with the keyboard. With sticks, I can't do anything.

My idea is make the directionals on the right of the table, probably square buttons in a diamond shape, with the buttons in two straight rows on the left.

The only "stickless" stick I know is the Smash Box, which is based on the N64 controller made for Smash Bros, a game that doesn't require hard or complex directional inputs like it would in a, let's say, Street Fighter.

Will it be precise enough to give me the same feel of a keyboard?
Should I use Sanwa/Seimitsu or make some freakish half mechanical keyboard controller?
>>
Yes. It's called a Hitbox.
>>
>>388509597
It takes 5 seconds to google it or watch a YT video you lazy nigger
>>
>>388509639
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGU1d-cmtuQ
Here's a video btw
>>
>>388509597
You're retarded and I'm not reading all that.
The "smash box" is based on the Hitbox stickless-style stick. Works fine for goose-input, 720s, EWGFs, stance-dash Mistfiner, etc.
>>
>>388509597
Sure, its viable.
If your goal is to lose.
>>
Yep. Hit box is the go the jump is down the bottom so your middle finger doesn't do double duty on both up and down. Be warned though some games have banned thier use.
>>
>>388509803
They are banned from tournament play in some games for being an advantage
>>
>>388509597
keyboard buttons are small, I also play fighting games with keyboard and I love them, I will suggest you making an adapter like thing that lets you use keyboard in ps4 as a controller there is an adapter which I haven't tried but you can research around a bit, its called mayflash max shooter one. Making a stick with no stick and buttons will not take you as much to get used to but it will take you time, there are quite much guides that which you can use to make an adapter.
At most it will be buying a brook pcb board and soldering specific keys to that board. Look around a bit, good luck
>>
>>388509639
>>388509761
These OP.
>>388509803
Also this -- but not because they're bad, they're really good. Just no one good has ever played on one, and likely never will (PC migrants to fighting games are shit usually).
I tried my friends and this poster >>388509761 was right, they're really good for like instant 360s, air dashes, certain complicated inputs to gain consistency... But I can't imagine doing a Goose on one.
>>388509812
They were never banned. They were considering it in Mahvel because you could block cross-ups by holding both directions, but it never came up because nobody good used them during the controversy, and Capcom patched Mahvel so blocking in both directions was no longer possible with the Hitbox.
I'm not sure what the Smash status is in the Smashbox.
>>
>>388509871
Hitboxes are not banned from tournaments. Only programmable devices with macroses are.
>>
>>388510129
Not that original poster, but iirc, hitboxes were banned for some games only for a short period of time because:
>people didnt understand them
>blocking cross ups are easy and not based on guessing
>charge partitioning is butter since you could hold back and dash forward with button presses.
> KBD, EWGF, fuzzy guarding, and other tech become given options because they're just as easy as macro switches.
>>
File: TTT2 Just Frames.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
TTT2 Just Frames.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>388509597
Yes.
>>
>>388510545
The only community that considered it was Mahvel, and they still didn't ban them. The one major advantage was patched out too (couldn't block cross-ups by holding boyh buttons).
>>
>Hitbox shitters
Sure is going to work when you go to an arcade you niggers
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.