[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>10/10 gameplay >11/10 PC port >everyone shits on it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 529
Thread images: 89

File: MGSV_Game_Awards_poster.jpg (167KB, 512x631px) Image search: [Google]
MGSV_Game_Awards_poster.jpg
167KB, 512x631px
>10/10 gameplay
>11/10 PC port
>everyone shits on it because the story was a mess

Who still playing MGSV and being comfy here? Just erased my save and started a new game with all elements of the UI turned off.
>>
>>388505447
>gameplay

No, the controls were 10/10. The gameplay was hardly there, repetitive, lacking options.
>>
No. It still hurts.
And the GAMEPLAY is one of the problems:
>waiting for helicopter
>waiting for heli to land
>grinding of supplies
>waiting for real-time timers
>obligatory copypaste missions
>nothing at all to do in the MB

The hands-on controls were good and smooth.
>>
>>388505447
>0/10 level design and story
>>
>>388505447
I assume that by 'gameplay' you mean whenever you're actually doing stuff, and not the tedious bullshit that >>388505610
>>388505571 mentioned.
I loved sneaking around but the missions got so shit at times.
>>
>>388505447
>>10/10 gameplay
Hardly.
Would have been better if Konami gave us level editor
>>
>11/10 PC port
this joke needs to stop. MGSV isnt "optimized by black magic" or "running like a dream".
The game is just dated. It runs well, but it really isnt impressive. Textures are blurry, you can see every single polygons on the characters, the game is heavily aliased, it's stuck with the worst FXAA implementation I have seen yet, the shadows are badly blurred and dithered, SSAO is rendered at 1/4th of the screen resolution, their physically based shaders are badly used, and their baked global illumination system is on par with Unity.
The art style is generally nice, especially in Africa, but of course it runs well enough, it's a PS3 game.
>>
>>388506686
The lighting engine is really fucking good, and imo it's what makes games look good. The texture and shadow resolutions are all secondary. Look at the original Mirror's Edge, it still looks fucking gorgeous, all thanks to lighting.
>>
>>388505610
You can fulton/wormhole cargo and just skip the waiting all togethor.
Steal shit from other players, no need to gather shit if someones already done the job for you.
The side op shit is shit but atleast it lets you grind for better troops and gives a bit of money.
MB is completely fucking useless.
>>
>>388505447
I liked the game as well although I was new to MGS so didn't really care about the story anyway, I just went in with the mindset that im a special forces guy dropped behind enemy lines and had a blast.
>all elements of the UI turned off.
Fucking this, I turned off all markers, xray vision, reflex and it improves the game ten fold, so much more tense and it forces you to really study your surroundings and properly scout and memorise an area/guard patterns just like a real special forces operative would.
The game definitely had problems and I can understand where long term fans are coming from but zi still couldn't help but like it.
>>
>>388505447
>10/10 gameplay
Level design and mission design are integral part of the gameplay.
Controlling the character in an empty sandbox doesn't make for a great game, even if it's really fluid and responsive.
>>
>>388507796
>empty sandbox

Thats what afghanistan is like except for the villages (although there are still natural elements like grass, trees, hills and rivers you can take advantage of), so using the terrain to observe the area you are going to infiltrate (from any ange you deem fit) then putting into action the route you choose, coupled with responsive controls makes for good immersive gameplay.
>>
>>388508743

>actually rationalizing MGSV unfinished maps
>choking out 4 guys in the same three tent outposts over the course of the game with zero variation

ok bud
>>
>>388508893
>make reasoned argument about mgsv
>duhhh hyperbolic "the game consists of only three tent outposts" comment

Bravo you are now a fully fledged /v/
>>
>MGO3 is dead
>never got to experience it without the tryhard fags
>>
>>388509570

>make reasoned argument about mgsv

Yeah dude nobody played the game here except you, and your autistic write up totally changes the fact that the player is still "infiltratintg" (from any angle you deem fit) four tents over and over and over again as well as two bases with interiors conveniently blocked. What a reasoned "argument" cocnsisting of buzzwords and adjectives.

fuck you autistic faggot
>>
>>388505447
I still play MGO. Fuck the haters and the shit lag
>>
>>388505610
I absolutely don't understand how they could forget or fail to include fast travelling via helicopter. You can only enter the helicopter if you fly to MB, why can't I just call a helicopter, enter and fly to a different drop zone on the map?
>>
File: 1500032136272.jpg (240KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500032136272.jpg
240KB, 720x720px
>>388505571
>repetitive
>tripfag
You guys are tasteless, I bet you faggot played the whole game using only tranq pistol and sniper rifle and DD/Quiet as buddy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5jx9aYSG1c
>>
>>388510603

>I bet you faggot played the whole game using only tranq pistol and sniper rifle and DD/Quiet as buddy.

yeah because if you play it any other way and kill people you're gimping yourself in development.

>Approach a tent outpost with an American Rifle, shoot people
>Approach a tent outpost with a Soviet Rifle, shoot people

wow such variety
>>
>>388509764
>Yeah dude nobody played the game here except you
Nice projecting, calm down sperg
>four tents
Make up your mind, why are you forgetting every single village and variations of encampments, yes the game has issues with repetition but keep some perspective otherwise all your doing is retarding every discussion about the game.
>>
>>388510603
>playing the game without the tranq pistol
literally how? in peacewalker i used it to get S ranks for no kills but in MGSV you could just kill the 4 or 5 people that are in the base. should i get infinite heaven? does it add more enemies? the only fun ive had is using the twin barrel to shoot some shit. even with the FPS mods and all the HUD elements turned off i still cant seem to have fun
>>
>>388505447
That Motherbase has to be one of the biggest money sinks I've have seen in a game. How much bullshit had Kojima smear under Konamis noses to get this approved. The whole thing could've been an menu-screen but no instead we got the mighty nothingness, with an uncomfortable homo military propaganda, shitty minigames, 2 missions, connecting roads for vehicles that nobody would willingly drive. All of it is just insane.
>>
>>388510751
>yeah because if you play it any other way and kill people you're gimping yourself in development.
No, you are not. The soldiers in singleplayer are shit anyway.
>>
Haven't really played it since 2015. Was there ever a way to start a new campaign? I'd play it again if that was an option.
>>
Good gameplay doesn't matter when the game world is empty and has no level design.
>>
Good concept but poor execution.

Also the story is utter fucking trash. The fucking theories /v/ was coming up with were better than Kojima's shitty writing. He's clearly suffering from George Lucas syndrome; in earlier games people would be able to tell him when he was being retarded and rein him in, but as the games came out and people started attributing the story and success to Kojima alone, he was able to just do whatever he wanted, and we got retarded shit like the portable games, MGS4 and MGSV.

The Wolbachia story was just moronic. Honestly I would have preferred the war with/on language being the beginnings of the patriots manipulation of memes and language (such as making it normally impossible for people to actually call them the patriots, "la li lu le lo") rather than literal vocal chord parasites that kill you if you speak.

As others have said the controls are great and what you can do is impressive, but the map design is incredibly limiting. It would have been better with some large but well thought out maps (like ground zeroes) than the open world snooze fest it turned out to be.

Not to mention getting the highest mission complete rank is literally all about completion time. Nothing else matters.
>>
>>388510929
Back up your save and delete it from your save directory then restart the game?
>>
>>388510847
Yes, infinite heaven adds enemies and vehicles
>>
>>388511021
Jesus Christ how did I not consider this. Thanks, you can call me retarded now.
>>
>>388510991
The story being a mess and the map design/gameplay being repetitive are clearly linked.
Kojima may have been pulling some shit by taking so long to develop, but it's pretty clear at the point Konami sacked him they just had to tie everything together with what they had finished.
I'm pretty sure if it got another 1-2 years dev time the story would have been completely different, there would have been more smaller maps in between the big ones and probably more interesting missions.
I think it's pretty obvious from the massive discrepancy between the early trailers and the actual game that it was originally going to be very different.
I'm not referring to Episode 51 either.
>>
>>388511101
you're retarded :3
>>
>>388510991

Kojima may have gone Lucas, but Konami should've let them finish the game, like this guy said >>388511130 . They just got the urge to get out of videogame business RIGHT NOW in that special retarded Japanese fashion, and shipped the barebones they had.
>>
>>388511130
I'm not sure I can give him the benefit of the doubt on this.

It might just have been Kojima being Kojima. However, I do remember him saying there were very controversial things in the game that he wasn't sure they'd let them do; killing child soldiers is one of them, i'm sure.
>>
The Metal Gear fight was absolute shit. In my honest opinion family
>>
File: 1497997043354.png (390KB, 869x469px) Image search: [Google]
1497997043354.png
390KB, 869x469px
It's a bad game.

>half the time you spend playing a mission is waiting for helicopter to arrive/land and soldiers to move into place
>the entire game is cheesable with the tranq
>half the guns serve no purpose and are completely useless 99.999% of the time
>companions are all mediocre and make the game easier and not more fun
>mother base has fuckall to do and there's no reason to even bother going there except to shower and try and trigger missions
>the story is a clusterfuck in every single way and none of the characters make the slightest bit of sense except for miller who is kind of cool
>half the missions are just "drive to this outpost you've seen 20 times before and kill this specific guy/destroy this equipment"
>side ops are all the same four missions just in different areas
>open world for no reason and just adds tedious and boring travelling between outposts
>real-world timers to keep people from actually playing the game as they'd like (aka to justify having them in MP so you can try and entice the goyim to pay to remove them)

It's got some good TECHNOLOGY and it's got a really suave engine. Otherwise it's mediocre garbage.
>>
>10/10 gameplay
It was barely a metal gear game, it had more in common with the facebook inspired micromanagement crap then a sneek that shit game.

And metal gear games were always played for the campy story and sneek gameplay.

Problem with MGS5 is that they took out the whole sneak gameplay and made you rambo instead.
>>
>>388505447
I managed to throw it out of the window when I had to repeat every single mission
>>
What is good about the gameplay? The main character controls are great but that's about it. Gameplay is more than that and there is not much to do in the world so the tight controls get old really fast.
>>
>>388511341

no more sneek for snek
>>
>>388511478
I think that's the most frustrating thing about it; you get super tight controls, and the things you can do in theory are amazing. But then you're dumped into a poorly designed world and are unable to truly utilize the controls or truly explore the possibilities.
>>
>>388505447
Game was oddly comfy. Did they cancel the zombie clone they were making of it? I was down for it. I hated the plot and the horrible menus and the worthless base, but besides that it was fun.
>>
>>388511478
You can replay the missions with different tacticts. You can go full rambo, running like a mad man punching everyone, messing around with d-walker's ballista or no tracing the game.
>>
>>388511652
The only fun I had in the game post completion was going total and utter subsistence every time i dropped in.

I wish there was a challenge mode where you could place the pick up point at any place on the map, as well as your start point, and then you'd have to make your way to the pick up point with full enemy density present on the entire world map; complete subsistence. No helicopter support, no ammo, no companions; armed vechile and tank patrols, helicopters patrolling the map. And then of course you'd have to clear the pickup point.

It would basically be like playing MGS3 in real time.
>>
>>388511797
If you are playing on pc and mods are your thing, you can try infinite heaven
>>
>>388511652

>You can replay the missions with different tacticts.

It doesn't make it any less boring to shoot up the 4-5 guys in the outpost instead of tranqing them or choking them out. The lack of mission variety and detailed levels makes "different tactics" irrelevant.
>>
File: 1439592208008.jpg (59KB, 577x409px) Image search: [Google]
1439592208008.jpg
59KB, 577x409px
>Release a literally unfinished game.
>Multiple story arcs introduced and unresolved.
>Push update that further encourages microtransactions.
>Offer half-finished cutscenes as collector's edition filler.
>People STILL defend it.

So much for that #fuckkonami movement.
>>
>>388505447
Do really care about what /v/ thinks?
The game is pretty good.
>>
File: 1463187380690.jpg (58KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1463187380690.jpg
58KB, 600x450px
>>388511998
>It doesn't make it any less boring to shoot up the 4-5 guys in the outpost instead of tranqing them or choking them out.
How is that different from the rest of the series?
>The lack of mission variety and detailed levels makes "different tactics" irrelevant.
You have killing missions, rescuing missions, missions where you have to destroy/recover vehicles, some where you have to track the target or intel, some boss fight. What were you expecting in a stealth game? No seriously, it's a legit question. What type of mission did you want?
>>
>>388510991
>The fucking theories /v/ was coming up with were better than Kojima's shitty writing
Yeah, the Gray Fox is Venom and Quiet is Chico theories were so good and well written and not totally garbage fanservice for idiots like the Metal Gear fans.
>>
So what happens when we disarm all the nukes?
>>
>>388512412
>oh look I can cherry pick two of the worst spic-dragonball-fan-tier theories that literally everyone shot down every time the same shitposting retards spoke up
>>
>>388512360

>How is that different from the rest of the series?

They don't stretch this concept out for 60+ hours more than necessary, plus the boss fights for most of them were far more advanced than the literally Doom-tier shit you got with Sahwejasfasfpus.

You have two mission types. You either kill something/someone or recover something/someone, and only a handful of those missions take place in unique structures or environments.
>>
>>388512518
There are no good theories made up by /v/, you fucking moron. The only thing you did is demonstrate how low your standards are and how you know nothing about storytelling in games.
As for the game, there was no way it could have lived up to the hype and it's your fault for buying into it. Maybe you should stop judging the damn game for what it isn't and give it another chance. It took me three playthroughs to appreciate it.
>>
>>388512621
>far more advanced
No they weren't. You're so far your own ass you can't see that.

>you either kill someone/something or recover something/someone
Sure, let's ignore the Oil Pumps mission, the Backup, back down tank mission, the find the honeybee, containers and film roll missions.
>only a handful of those take place in unique structures
Most of them, actually. You do occasionally get a mission where you have to rescue someone from one of the many open world outposts, but those are mostly used in side ops. Most of the main ops take place in the actually well designed big outposts of the game.
>>
>>388511269
sahelanthropus was one of the most intense and thrilling boss fights I'd had the pleasure of enjoying in a long time. you must of just been doing it wrong.
>>
>>388512786
Name 7 theories
>>
>>388505447
>Just erased my save

why would you do that?
>>
>>388505571
>>388505610

wrong, learn how to play the game lol
>>
>shit "boss fights"
>repetitive missions especially at part 2
>incomplete game with part 3 missing
So this is what 10/10 gameplay is?
>>
>>388511296
FOB, good luck cheesing that with a tranq
>>
>>388513279
>shit boss fights
How are they shit?
>repetitive missions
Only as repetitive as you make them, sweetie. You're given free reign to complete objectives as you see fit.
>part 2
You're not forced to play the repeated missions. They're optional.
>incomplete game with part 3 missing
There's no part 3. One mission isn't Part 3, you dumb cunt. It was always going to be released separated from TPP anyway.
>>
File: 1503738652272.jpg (73KB, 805x675px) Image search: [Google]
1503738652272.jpg
73KB, 805x675px
>>388510603
But it is it's the same locations and the same objectives over and over again loadouts have nothing to do with it
>>
>>388510373
You can. Go to missions in the ACC, select "free roam" then pick a region and drop zone
>>
>>388505447
>gameplay

what gameplay?

How you say gameplay is 10/10 when it doesnt even feature variety.

It is boring as fuck.

Controlls,movement,weapon usage,animations are 10/10

but those are not only gameplay elements. What about missions you play (aka gameplay) ? Their variety is 1/10. All of them are boring as fuck. Look MGS3 which has 10/10 missions even having 5/10 controls at best.
>>
>>388513461

Retard
>>
File: 1499875417516.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
1499875417516.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>388513146
>shot middle part with rockets 50+times
>intense and thrilling
>>
>>388513465
>no variety

dude, the loadout is hugh mungus
>>
>runs amazing

its a fucking ps3 game with no details.Even MGS4 looks better in details.

Interiors are so bad, no unique details, all buildings look same.

Most of areas are plain empty due setting
>>
Fuck MGSV. I can't believe it retconned nearly the entire series, threw a blanket over MSG3, and had that huge stupid looking Mobile Suit Metal Gear that throws a wrench into Rex and Ray. All because Kojima was too autistic to do the simple story he should have done about Big Boss' descent into madness and tyranny. But nah that's too simple and not fucking convoluted or pretentious enough, and after all Big Boss dindu nufffin.
>>
>>388513548
>press buttons and sticks
>video game

>>388513568
the lightning is fantastic
>>
>>388513146
Was MGSV your first game?
>>
>>388513601
>I can't believe it retconned nearly the entire series

no it didn't
>>
>>388513609
Lighting isnt fantastic at all.

Injustice 2 lighting is fantastic,Uncharted 4 lighting is fantastic.

MGSV lighting is passable and looks okay.
>>
>>388513441

>its unfinished on purpose

ok bud
>>
>>388513441
>bosses are damage sponges
>zero creativity compared to the other MGS bossfights, fucking PO and PW had better bosses

>its ok because you can do something different so they're not repetitive XD
>its ok to repeat missions because they're optional XD
>its ok to have an unfinished game XD
>>
Can't believe I delayed my suicide for this game.
>>
>>388505571
>No, the controls were 10/10
No, they weren't. They're way to unresponsive.
>>
>>388513146
t. faggot who never played against Vulcan Raven
>>
File: 1474880140510.png (145KB, 770x628px) Image search: [Google]
1474880140510.png
145KB, 770x628px
Didn't played V for many for more that year, what are chances my FOB are completely robed?
>>
Lol the fanboy fag getting told left and right. This game was a perfect storm of corporate meddling and lead ideas guy getting his head up his own ass. It's an unifinished mess, deal with it.
>>
In 15 years when this game is remastered,
What do you think they will change?
>>
>>388513447
I don't see a lot of people complaining about the backtracks in the previous games, especially MGS2 with big shell being the most repetitive level design in the whole series and that's regarded as the best game in here. Double standards? Zelda cycle?
>>
>>388513716
why are you still alive now?
>>
>>388513773
>a 4K game getting remastered

for what purpose?

even 15 years from own 4K will look nice ,even if games are rendered in 16K .
>>
>>388513669
Yes it did, it made Big Boss far less important by introducing his doppelganger and even his copy didn't do anything as huge as the other games lead us to believe. Everyone in MGS1-4 was always talking about how Big Boss went apeshit over preserving the Boss' dream and practically started WW3 over it but the specifics were never given, and MGSV was supposed to be some insight into what everyone was talking about. But surprise, it's fucking nothing, you've neutered one of the central talking points of the overarching narrative and Big Boss conveniently never says "oh by the way I didn't even do most of the stuff people think I did lol that was another guy" in his exposition dump at the end of MGS4. Because Kojima never planned this shit, he's just a hack.
>>
>>388513848
no

you don't understand the series
>>
>>388513842
It would be all about VR by then so.
>>
>>388513716
Well, you can kill yourself now.
>>
>>388513670
okay

>>388513676
but it is finished. Chapter 3 is disarmament.
>>
>>388506686
Not to mention the 60fps lock
>>
Damn, I'm really getting feels from being forced into a hallway where I have to arbitrarily kill random generic soldiers who have less facial diversity than the citizens of Half-Life 2. Fuck. Remember that moment when you visited Mother Base (only for about five seconds because duh there's nothing to do there) and heard one of these dudes repeat a line you've heard several times before? Then you judo threw him. Not because it was funny, since the hilarity had long since sifted away, but just because it gave some tiny little +5 boon to some stat that you're sure is important somehow. Now I'm here in a tent and I have to shoot them. Why? Because I decided to activate this mission, I guess. We have to advance the plot so it can go nowhere. STAFF MEMBERS HAD DIED. STAFF MEMBER HAS DIED. Kojima is trying his hardest to mimic his best story-gameplay achievement, executing The Boss, but there's fucking nothing at stake. All these staff members are bland and are easily replaceable. In fact, they were eventually going to be on the chopping block since they weren't S+++ grunts. WOOOOOOHOAAAAAAAH.
>>
>>388513765
Scarse, unless it was full of S++ chicks.
>>
>>388513884
Elaborate then. "You just don't get it duuude" has always been a copout, which is also used by MGS2 fans when you point out that game is shitty as a game.
>>
>>388513994

>MGS2 fans when you point out that game is shitty as a game.

It's pretty fun, since it plays exactly like MGS 1
>>
File: 21671374171.gif (55KB, 678x422px) Image search: [Google]
21671374171.gif
55KB, 678x422px
>>388505447
>Who still playing MGSV and being comfy here?
Reporting.
>>
>>388513884
>you don't understand my fanfiction
FTFY
>>
>>388513676
Now you're making up words. Nice.
>PW had better bosses
Stopped reading there
>>
>>388513765
Did you have a nuke?
>>
I'm mad how much they fucked up MGO3. I had never played MGO2 but it sounded so good, so I was excited for MGO3.

MGO3 was fucking ruined because the only way to play was: sprint everywhere using a medium range AR shooting everything. It was unbeatable. It was completely pointless to do anything else. Sneaking, handguns, snipers, using any kind of stealth or tactics, nope, it did not even compare to "run everywhere with AR". It was just so powerful of a tactic you could not be stopped. You could kill everyone in like 4 hits no matter what, headshots were easy AF to hit, you could extremely easily find people using stealth (even if they were using active camo). Any objective was worthless to complete because you could just sprint around and kill everyone.

I don't know if they balanced it, but in the time I played, they absolutely didn't. You could single handedly win any match by using that shitbrain strategy, and if you weren't doing it yourself, everyone else was so you were at an extreme disadvantage. MGO3 had the framework for an awesome MP game/system, but they completely fucked it up balance wise. Cloak and Dagger was still the best game mode though, when you actually managed to pull off sneaking around and winning it was satisfying but so hard to pull off it almost never happened.

MGS5's gameplay/controls/etc were all very good, and I loved the game though the story was a huge fucking mess. I just wish MGO3 was better..
>>
>>388505610
>complaints about the helicopter
You're just shit.
>>
>>388513956
Holy shit this edge.
>>
>>388514065
No it doesn't. It has worse level design, a worse setting, the struts are just two huge nondscript hexagons taped together, the boss faction is way more bland than Foxhound, the bosses suck more than the Foxhound fights, most of the game consists of an easter egg hunt and an escort mission and even that shit keeps getting interrupted by codec calls with the blandest characters ever introduced in the series (because they were made to cradle the narrative and can't stand on their own) and Rose keeps interrupting gameplay with dumb shit like "defusing a bomb is kind of like starting a relationship, huh Jack?"

Seriously fuck MGS2.
>>
The game was actually really good. Too many people were asshurt their fanfiction based on the trailers wasn't in the game though.
>>
>>388513848
So this is the thinking power of the average Metal Gear fanboy.. Truly amazing.
>>
File: 1500085321591.png (461KB, 870x722px) Image search: [Google]
1500085321591.png
461KB, 870x722px
>>388513956
>hfw he's so desperate for (You)s he copy/pasted his post from the other thread
>>
File: 1458721575452.jpg (66KB, 480x772px) Image search: [Google]
1458721575452.jpg
66KB, 480x772px
>>388514141
Nope. I'm peaceful. Nukes make you evil.
>>
>>388513794
When do you backtrack in 2? It's been a while
>>
>>388514293
Then you were fleeced entirely. Sorry pal.
>>
>>388513765
Source?

>>388514164
Fucking this. I had a lot of fun with MGSV despite the haters but online is garbage.
I barely got to play any of MGS4's online mode before the servers closed so I was really excited to play the new MGO and it was a huge let-down.
>>
>>388514231
Explain what I'm missing then, this is a non-argument.
>>
>>388514229
This, game was great. Could be better but it's okay how it is.
Hope Survival will be better and have some content.
>>
>>388514220
But muh illuminati
>>
>>388505447

It's an amazing game for roughly 1 hour (excluding the hospital section), then it becomes a chore.
>>
>>388514302
Defusing the bombs
>>
>>388514343
Pretty much the everything about what Big Boss's parts meant in V.
>>
>>388513956
Pretty much this. It's not like we'd gotten to know each individual soldier over the course of the game, and in fact up until then they were being shuffled around and fired with impunity as we found better and better candidates. Putting the peace walker theme with the saluting soldiers was a damn nice touch, but you can't have a poignant scene of Big Boss shouldering the responsibility for the greater good and taking irreplaceable losses of those he cared about when we're by design not supposed to care too much for any one soldier that doesn't increase one of your levels.
>>
>>388505447
i would still be playing it if they didn't force me to spend money to buy coins to buy a third fob

i already spent hours getting the personnel and resources so i can wait 3 hours for an upgrade. you can fuck right off
>>
>>388514258

(You) feel it too, don't (you)?
>>
>>388505447
>10/10 gameplay
I dont think you know what gameplay actually constitutes. MGSV: TPP has the worst level design in the series bar none. The enemy and enviroment variety is shit, the bosses make the PW MonHun mechs look good, the few good fights are basically recycled from previous entries. The weapon and gadget variety is decent but most are just novelties and are sub optimal ways to complete a mission, discouraging their use.
The cunts called KONAMI forced a multiplayer segment on the game which while nice in concept, was made specifically to hamper 0rogress and make the game grindier. MGS, of all games. Grindier.
So yes, the controls are good. So what? The previous controls were ok too. Splinter Cell has good controls too. That still wont make MGSV a good game, more like a nice demo like GZ was.

>11/10 PC port
It was a good port. Not perfect, had alot of random stutters. Also Denuvo.

>everyone shits on it because the story was a mess
And rightfully so. MGS is best known for two things : 1. Varied and highly replayable gameplay.
2. A strong narrative driven by the plot and its characters.

Both of which MGSV shows promise in but ultimately drops the ball.

>Who still playing MGSV and being comfy here? Just erased my save and started a new game with all elements of the UI turned off.

I maxed motherbase ( which was a themepark location yet again with wasted potential), half my soldiers were S ranked, and I disarmed nukes.

Its still not a great game and low chance Ill ever replay it. I'll definately replay 1-4 sometime soon thou.
>>
>>388514220
But you don't get it, maaaan! It was SUPPOSED to be an inferior version of the first game in a post-modern message about the soulless nature of video game sequels, duuuuude! It was meant to be uninspired, one-note, and at times outright unfun!
>>
>>388514343
The whole series try to explain you that legends are exaggerated. Also a backup team of spies just in case Snake fucked up doen't ruin him for me, it just makes more sense considering the circumstances.
>>
>>388514568
>Also Denuvo.
Only a problem if you want to steal games, and even then, MGSV had a working crack pretty fast.
>>
>>388514120
>being so buttmad you quote the wrong post
Peace Walker had
>a boss you have to fight in an arena that you have to dodge and use the environment to beat it
>a flying boss that can dodge your rockets unless you destroy its radar and can send drones to hold you in place
>a huge boss that you have to climb and destroy parts to beat it; also lets you lift it up to prevent it from crushing you
>peace walker fight that you has the actual tension of stopping it from launching a nuke unlike whatever "boss fight" from MGSV you're pulling out of your ass
>above bosses have destructible parts you can destroy to make the fight easier or to keep the parts you want for ZEKE
>ZEKE becomes a boss on his own and is dependent on how you customized it

They may not be as good as MGS1-3 boss fights but please tell me how MGSV "bosses" are "better"
>>
>>388514568
>varied and highly replayable gameplay
kek
>strong narrative
Mate, have you ever opened a book? There isn't a single good story in MGS. The characters aren't good either.
>>
>>388505447

I was playing it last night, and enjoying it.
>>
>>388514679
>>>388514568 (You)
>Also Denuvo.
>Only a problem if you want to steal games,
Shit argument. Im 95% certain it caused the stutters.
> and even then, MGSV had a working crack pretty fast.
Not that fast actually.

Also way to ignore the rest of the podt. The game didnt run amazing. It was just dated. GZ looked better.

DD:DA is a real 10/10 port.
>>
>>388514768
They are actual people (Quiet, Eli, Man on Fire) and related to the story, not some dumb bullet sponge machines.
>unlike whatever "boss fight" from MGSV you're pulling out of your ass
Were you absent from the Sally boss fight?
>>
>>388514220
>>388514628

It really isn't all that much inferior. It suffers from cut content too, but nothing approaching MGSV levels. And i don't know about illuminati or nature of videogame sequels, but the way the sotry unfolded was pretty neat.
>>
>>388514775

>kek
Not an argument.

>Mate, have you ever opened a book?
Have you? Its always the same fags that say the same things and nevrr actually do as they preach.
Who even compared it to a book? What makes yoy even think the format of a book inherently encompasses brtter presentation? You sound dumb.
I can recommend you a good book to read if yoy want thou. At least then you'll have some substance to your statementa.

> There isn't a single good story in MGS. The characters aren't good either.
" Ok ".
>>
>>388515014
Shit I hate writing on a phone.
>>
>>388505447
>ITT Kojimadrones
>>
>>388514775
>There isn't a single good story in MGS
false and i've read pinecone.
>>
>>388514891
>not!metal gears unrelated to the story
>the Boss AI is not related to the story
>complain about bullet sponges when not!Volgin and the Parasite units are the same and even have qtes
>a shittier The End bossfight is good
>Running away and taking pot shots is a good boss fight
Oh you make me laugh.
>>
>>388505447
>being comfy

Nigga the whole game is a desert level, the least comfy zone in games. And motherbase is just a big chunk of metal in the middle of nowhere. It's like they tried to make the game as uncomfy as possible.
>>
>Playing MGSV on my shitty PS3
>It dies before I can finish it
someone put me out of my misery
>>
>>388514775

>There isn't a single good story in MGS.

All of the MGS stories except PW and V are pretty good, actually, with 2 approaching PKD or Tim Powers levels of reality bending.

OI MATE READ A BOOK BRUV, you fucking pretentious pseudo-intellectual. Keep block reading your Russian classics and pretend like you understand something, because /lit/ told you to.
>>
File: 78678.gif (419KB, 250x193px) Image search: [Google]
78678.gif
419KB, 250x193px
>>388514568
People seem to overestimate the quality of the level design in previous games. Both MGS1 and 2 had their fair share of backtracking with simplistic, narrow corridors. Just look at the start of MGS1 for example, there are no areas more complex than the first two, which introduced footprints, multiple entrances, spotlights, etc.

>The enemy and enviroment variety is shit
MGSV has literally one of the most diverse environments in the series. Once again, MGS1 and 2 are just industrial complexes.
Same goes for enemy design, especially because the game makes use of its adaptive difficulty and enemies start wearing more protective gear, like full body armor and gas masks.

>the bosses make the PW MonHun mechs look good
"Look" good? That's debatable, but in terms of gameplay, PW was truly the one with repetitive and sponge damage boss fights.

>The weapon and gadget variety is decent but most are just novelties and are sub optimal ways to complete a mission, discouraging their use
Do you hate fun or something? That's like saying Nevan in DMC3 is just a novelty, so you'll just stick to using Rebellion and Bewold with Trickster the entire damn game. Pure efficiency kills a lot of interesting play styles in games, more news at 11.
>>
>>388515138
there isn't. at their best, they're mediocre.
>>
>>388515307
>2
2 is complete garbage. A good ending isn't enough to salvage the trainwreck before it, with forgettable characters, dumb plot lines, questionable motivations and so much redundant, meaningless exposition in dialogue.
>b-but le postmodern masterpiece xD I watched le BunnyHop video I am le smart like him
>>
>>388515459

>I watched le BunnyHop video I am le smart like him

stop projecting your limited education and worldview on me, bud.
>>
>>388505447
I'm going to remember everything else from this series for years to come. Even the insanity that was MGS4

No one will remember this game other than things such as
-quiet
-trolling the AI with care packages dropping on their heads
-ballooning everything

And also trying to repress the sheer stupidity of scenes like the jeep ride.

This is not a fucking MGS game. This is the openworld meme and "muh gameplay" meme taken too far. There is no soul, only shameless pandering to the bottom of the barrel cucks wholl accept anything.
>>
>>388515352
PW's story is lit af, and GZ alone has one of the greatest vidya stories in all time
>>
>>388515327
Not him but I see you're the type of idiot who's also ok with DMC3. Sorry to bother you. I'll leave you to your pigsty of games.
>>
>>388516120
I'll remember it by sheer virtue that I put hundreds of hours into the game and actually had a ton of fun. Maybe instead of jerking off about how memorable and "epic" the older games were, I'll actually go and PLAY MGSV and still have a total different experience from before.
For example, I've been planning a hobo playthrough with as little upgrades and do No Trace as much as possible. While for older games... well, I can just reminisce them with Youtube.

>>388516254
>you're the type of idiot who's also ok with DMC3
That's a nice opinion you have there. Good luck with that.
>>
>>388516679

>i have autism and i like doing the same things over and over.
>miniscule changes the game allows makes it "varied"
>i have been doing this for hundreds of hours
>haha old games are old, just watch them on YouTube

well the mystery of the TPP fanboy is finally cracked
>>
>>388505447
The story is the big draw of Metal Gear. This game neglected to have a story at all, somehow, thus Metal Gear fans dislike it.

A different game with the same controls and gameplay and everything would be GOAT.
>>
>>388505447
>11/10 PC port
>The only version that is censored worldwide
>>
>>388517118
I agree that was a major problem, however even if you changed its name to Sneaky Agent Man: Mullet Challenge it would still have many problems, though perhaps it as much disappointment.
>>
>>388505447
glad im not the only one OP
>>
>>388517023
Typical ad absurdum "argumentation" I would expect from the average /v/irgin.
>>
>>388505447
>Gameplay
>10/10
HAHAHAHAHA, what this nigga said. >>388505571

The controls were great, the gameplay was garbage as a traditional shooter and as a stealth game it was trash and as a MGS game it was worse than that.
>>
File: 1337094399380.gif (832KB, 252x188px) Image search: [Google]
1337094399380.gif
832KB, 252x188px
>>388505571
>>388505447
>magnet context sensitive controls are 10/10
>>
File: 1473351809694.gif (1014KB, 289x259px) Image search: [Google]
1473351809694.gif
1014KB, 289x259px
>>388516120
>muh
>meme
>cuck
>reddit spacing
>prefer MGS4
these are the people that hate MGSV
>>
File: 1493947479565.png (606KB, 600x1054px) Image search: [Google]
1493947479565.png
606KB, 600x1054px
>>388516254
>DMC3
>bad
>>
>>388505447
>>10/10 gameplay
>>11/10 PC port
>>everyone shits on it because the story was a mess

Yeah, true, can't argue with that. Imagine if this game wasn't an open-world meme trash and actually had cool missions like Voices. It would be a masterpiece
>>
>>388517023
>>i have autism and i like doing the same things over and over.

video GAME lol
>>
>>388517278
what's censored?
>>
>>388509696
Really? It's already dead? What happened? MGO2 had quite the lifespan.
>>
File: jRwVK0O[2].jpg (160KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
jRwVK0O[2].jpg
160KB, 1024x1024px
>MGS is criticized for years for having long cutscenes and mandatory story segments
>story becomes largely optional, you can even listen to most of the story parts while playing
>god tier gameplay as always
>now criticized for lacking story and cutscenes
>>
File: 1473706489556.jpg (26KB, 635x457px) Image search: [Google]
1473706489556.jpg
26KB, 635x457px
>>388517980
Bad netcode, the game it's actually funny, not as complex as mgo2 but at least you can play it with mouse and kb this time, but that lag.
>>
>>388517996

>if i keep saying it has "god-tier" gameplay maybe people will start beleiveing its not a boring empty grindfest
>i know i'll throw in "as always" there too, that'll mix things up a bit

i can see through you
>>
>>388518156
If the lag wasn't there it would be great
>>
>>388517996
Did you really expect the people who liked the story and cutscenes to be okay with that?
>>
>>388517727
Fuck outta here kojimadrone. Konami are hacks for putting this game out and expecting us to eat that shit because it has "metal gear solid" on the cover. MSGV is for people that have never played a methyl gear game to be like. "Heh, sup guys, pyscho Mantis Amirigt"

Yall are just easy marks that they (Konami) know how much of a sucker you all are.
>>
>>388518156
>>388518289

It's an unbalanced as fuck, there's absolutely no reason to play anyone but infiltrator. Also everyone plays it like CoD, it doesn't feel like any MGS game at all.
>>
>>388518413
not really
>>
>>388518413
>try to play it like a stealthy guy
>get one shot from across the plain by someone wearing a bright pink sepeedo who never stops diving
spent 30 minutes looking for a match only for 2 people to join and fuck my shit up, do any of you want to play it? it seems fun
>>
File: 1471019702306.jpg (92KB, 808x617px) Image search: [Google]
1471019702306.jpg
92KB, 808x617px
>>388518413
>the online version of a stealth game is not about stealth but about a boring 3rd person shooter
Like this is shoking or new.
>>
File: 1496321070976.jpg (84KB, 570x450px) Image search: [Google]
1496321070976.jpg
84KB, 570x450px
>>388518380
>MSGV is for people that have never played a methyl gear game to be like
I played and enjoyed them all, you don't know what you are talking about.
>>
>>388518413
>>388518585
>>388518606
You can play it stealthly and it's even rewarding. Crawling in the grass planting fulton cannons in strategic point and recovering enemies with 10+ bounties is the shit. Or fulton punching.
>>
>>388505571

this
>>
>>388518826
What can I say, you can enjoy whatever you want. As long as you can acknowledge it's shit.
>>
>>388517952
Paz's guts spilling out
>>
what did he do why they not just let him resign it look better
>>
File: 1431138269051.jpg (77KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
1431138269051.jpg
77KB, 680x453px
>>388519096
>be underage in steam
>the game aknowledge this and censor that part
>>
>>388516254
>the type of idiot who's also ok with DMC3
Is this the state of /v/?
>>
>>388519068
But it's not shit :P
>>
>>388519204
>picking anything but 18+
if you set it lower than 18 does it really censor games?
>>
>>388519096
But I remember seeing the guts.
>>
File: 00015.jpg (107KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
00015.jpg
107KB, 1280x718px
>>388519249
This is the only reasonable opinion in this thread. Only took us +170 posts to get there.
>>
>>388519249
I dunno the skulls fights are pretty good.

Quiet is one of the greatest sniper battles in the series, too
>>
>>388519404
Are you playing it in japanese? From a quick search it looks like that's the censored version.
>>
>>388519461
>>388519204
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgb4MtoXdAY

The PC version is identical to the Jap console version
>>
>>388519583
no, just wondering if steam checks then censors shit. do you think therr'd be people playing MGO3? might get on searchin
>>
>>388519672
>a couple quick flashes of intestine were removed

wow its nothing.
>>
>>388505447
Would've been perfect if there were three environments.

Desert/mountains
Jungle and plains/swamps
Frozen forest/tundra
>>
>>388513838
SurViVe
>>
>>388520241
>three enviroments
>proceeds to name seven
wew mate
>>
>>388505447

i agree OP mgs 5 is awesome
it's why i'm so fucking hype for death stranding, i hope it's going to be an evolution of the mgs 5 formula

i just hope decima engine is as good as the fox engine

is there a chance death stranding will get a pc version?
>>
I kind of agree when people praise its gameplay, but don't you think that the guns felt way too similar to each other? It never felt any different when switching weapons in the same category.
>>
>>388508893
>>choking out 4 guys in the same three tent outposts over the course of the game with zero variation

I laughed
>>
>>388519249
I actually dislike how much you can upgrade things such as the fulton.

It feels way too easy when you can just fucking insta portal everything. Fultons should have remained incredibly conspicuous so that you could only reap the rewards by locking the area down. They should have also been much easier to shoot down.
>>
>>388520978
I believe they said DS would come to PC eventually, but I find that strange considering Kojima borrowed the game engine from a Sony's first-party studio.
>>
>>388513848
>Everyone in MGS1-4 was always talking about how Big Boss went apeshit over preserving the Boss' dream and practically started WW3 over it
>but the specifics were never given
You do realize that there were 2 games released before MGS1 that are actually about Big Boss starting shit up and Solid Snake having to stop him, right?
>>
>>388514568
>MGSV: TPP has the worst level design in the series bar none
MGS 2
>The enemy and enviroment variety is shit
MGS 2
>The weapon and gadget variety is decent but most are just novelties and are sub optimal ways to complete a mission, discouraging their use.
MGS 2

Funny how you can only criticize gameplay flaws in MGS V but 1, 2 & 4 that are full from them are just part of their quirky nature
>>
>>388511296
>the story is a clusterfuck in every single way and none of the characters make the slightest bit of sense except for miller who is kind of cool

Thank god I wasn't the only one who thought this, it looks like we were watching a theater show, they spent all the fucking money on miller's actor and the rest of the cast are children with downs. And that's pretty fucking funny because they spent all the money on a drunk actor and a horse.
>>
>>388520876
>replies to a thread
>it's for a game he hasn't played
wew lad
>>
>>388521294
disagreeing with the gadget part is a bit of a stretch. it really feels like 80% of the development screen is just a way to trick you into wasting gmp
>>
>>388521407
I have around 60 hours played in MGSV but sure lad, instead of playing games go back to daycare level math classes
>>
>>388519249
>it's so much fun improvising new approaches it makes any other stealth games seem like dated trash
this is actually true. I hate this game not only because it wasn't as good as we hoped, but also because it ruined the genre for me. Tried to go back to the OG Splinter Cell trilogy after beating this and I couldn't play them for more than an hour. V is full of flaws but it was godlike in allowing player expression through control and possibilities
>>
>>388505447
>/mgg/ still can't give it up
At this point, you all are worse than Quietfags
>>
>>388521010
Yes, the guns in the same category are very similar, fortunately the game has a good amount of different categories though.
>>
>>388521336

The most offensive thing about this is how bland and useless Ocelot is - one of the most compelling characters in the whole series that might as well be its protagonist.
>>
>>388521679
afghanistan is desert/mountains
africa is jungle/plains/swamp

thats 2 environments.
>>
File: MGS5 Quiet Grey XOF.jpg (35KB, 650x356px) Image search: [Google]
MGS5 Quiet Grey XOF.jpg
35KB, 650x356px
Reminder that Grey XOF is the superior uniform for Quiet and that it makes her a lot more cuter with it that any other uniform.
>>
>>388522170
Eh, I prefer D-Walker anyway
>>
>>388522170
>Literally having the AI play the game for you
Shitter detected, D-Dog counts too faggot

D-Walker, nothing or fuck off.
>>
>>388522170

If only you didn't get her two missions until she leaves for good.
>>
>>388505447
it differs from person to person but generally, just because a game has really good gameplay, it doesn't make it completely satisfying
it's all personal preference, but I can mostly stomach really shit gameplay for a good story or cast of characters, but I can't always stomach really good gameplay and absolutely shite story
I play DOOM (original) religiously but I've got a shit load of mods for it, but the gameplay is pretty great, especially with modern sourceports and stuff; the story in that game isn't the greatest ever, but it's bare-minimal and satisfying because it's simply; "your guys are dead, demons are attacking and they're fucking everything up with their demonic powers; shit you're in hell, but you're so tough you fight your way out of it and won!"
that was the great thing
I'm going on a rant, but when it comes to a series of games, you expect a certain thing from it and the dumbass plot of MGSV (not defending other games) could really ruin it for a lot of people
I'll use Dark Souls 2 as an example
I think about how the game plays and it mostly feels like ass, nevermind the story because that felt pretty shitty too
I play it for the invasion mechanics because they changed how it worked in the past two games... because of that change, it lost the atmosphere of not being able to find your friend to summon or feel the relief of reading message signs, it made you feel rather isolated
on the other hand it also improved the ability to connect with others, you could invade much easier, you could co-op much easier and you got to see a lot more signs but it LOST the atmosphere of the setting--even if it was a limitation, it added to the world, it added to the game in a different way and it was another thing taken away because of Dark Souls 2
I'm not the biggest fan of it, but as I mentioned earlier, I play it so I can make a new build and go fuck some people up because it improved on the ability to connect with another player
TLDR; personal preference
>>
>>388522805
Do some formatting you donkey
>>
>>388523194
but then he would be criticized for "reddit spacing"
you can't win here, except by shitposting
>>
>>388523194

Chef Ramsey i didn't take you for a Metal Gear Solid fan, good to know.
>>
File: bloody tatas.jpg (558KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bloody tatas.jpg
558KB, 1920x1080px
>>388522170
Nope.
>>
>>388523318
Well I for one wouldn't criticize him for that. Just because users of Reddit do some things better than those of 4chan, isn't really a reason not to do so on 4chan.
>>
>>388523480
Literally worse than gold/silver.
>>
File: patriots secret club.jpg (217KB, 1520x1024px) Image search: [Google]
patriots secret club.jpg
217KB, 1520x1024px
>>388523662
>he isnt into blood rituals
Literalli a patriot's puppet.
Still, the bitch is gone, and i wont replay the mission 6 million times to have it back.
If the hairstyle was better, wolf is actually the best one, and the story everyone wanted to see, but the hair kills it.
>>
>>388523318
People complain with reddit spacing when you do it with every single line.
It's ok when you do some paragraph.
>>
>>388505610
Press Return to ACC and you skip all helicopter wait times.
>>
File: 6-1-1441965890.jpg (188KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
6-1-1441965890.jpg
188KB, 1920x1080px
>>388524118
best hair
>>
>>388524258
PATRICIAN
>>
>>388524118
>the hair
>not the blue lipstick
>>
File: 6-0-1441965890.jpg (143KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
6-0-1441965890.jpg
143KB, 1920x1080px
>>388524292
>>
File: bloody female army.jpg (346KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bloody female army.jpg
346KB, 1920x1080px
>>388524258
If it was JUST a little longer would be perfect for it.
>>388524316
Thats something weird that was also in the twin snakes, never knew why.
>>
File: 1479940169345.jpg (584KB, 740x740px) Image search: [Google]
1479940169345.jpg
584KB, 740x740px
>>388524384
>>
>>388514373
>but it's okay how it is.
It most certainly isn't, especially since it ended the series.
>>
File: amber fox.png (93KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
amber fox.png
93KB, 350x350px
Amber Fox is best girl, fight me.
That tattoo though.
>>
>>388524842
>she learns kikongo because BLACKED
>>
File: 1495393186185.jpg (116KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
1495393186185.jpg
116KB, 1000x563px
>>388524970
DELET THIS NOW
>>
>>388524970

>He didn't fire negroes right away

Cmon dude. Only the master race on the Mother Base.
>>
>>388525268
t. Miller
>>
>>388525268
couldn't you avoid the whole outbreak thing if never had any kikongo speakers?
>>
>>388525583
I'd assume that if you avoid the outbreak, the story won't move forward, since the outbreak leads to grabbing Code Talker, and grabbing Code Talker leads to the endgame.
>>
File: file.png (801KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
801KB, 960x540px
>>388525268
I did, but the game cheats against you very hard.
It gives you "legendary" (kikongo slacker) rewards that automatically dismiss a soldier with higher ranks just for the sake of pushing a plot, and in the mission before, you cant dismiss them because quarantine, and also automatically teach kikongo to 30 people, and put them also automatically on quarantine.

Even if you somehow have all your crew SS++, it dosnent matter, an A+ or even B kikongos will push those SS++ out, its fucking bullshit.
No matter what you do, you end up loosing people, and you will have a 50% of your volunteers as niggers and a 70% of those niggers will speak kikongo, even when you replay the missions on extreme-stealth-subsistance.
But in the story just after that, the language dissapears.
>>
>>388526012
how many S soldiers would you even have at that part in the game lel
>>
File: 1498770717335.png (822KB, 662x800px) Image search: [Google]
1498770717335.png
822KB, 662x800px
>>388513743
>>
>>388526175

After you move to Africa S Rank guys are a given during story missions and even occasionally pop in during side ops.
>>
>>388525583
You'll receive some kikongo volunteer, I think. Sorry Kaz.
>>
File: file.png (805KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
805KB, 960x540px
>>388526012
>>388525830
>>388525583
You can't stop it.
The story will move on, but the game will basically cheat as i described, shoveling you this niggas.
You have to fill your crew with slavs, and constantly check and dismiss each time you play a story mission, because sometimes the end of the cutscene is the phantom cigar, wich makes time pass before you can even access the idroid to kick them out.
>>388526175
As i said, if you """somehow""" (cheat engine crew rewards) have all your crew as SS++ thinking that they will be automatically dismissed, they wont they will dismiss anyone, you can lock (direct contract) all your crew either.
You just need to constantly check and recheck to see who is going to get the boot.
>>
>>388526012
>It gives you "legendary" (kikongo slacker) rewards that automatically dismiss a soldier with higher ranks just for the sake of pushing a plot, and in the mission before, you cant dismiss them because quarantine, and also automatically teach kikongo to 30 people, and put them also automatically on quarantine.
wonder what happens if you play with the "no more volunteers" mod for PC
>>
>>388526313
but not enough to mean zomg all muh guys are s so one got pushed out for an a+ get real
>>
File: 483-0-1500100865.png (2MB, 1929x1080px) Image search: [Google]
483-0-1500100865.png
2MB, 1929x1080px
>>
>>388526428
>i cheated for it

wow great going moron
>>
>>388505571
fucking THIS
>>
I started playing it again, its fun and cozy. I used to always tranq/cqc EVERYONE, sniper rifle, DD or quiet.

Now I'm trying to get pure stealth and not eliminate guards at all if I can totally help it, also UI off.
>>
>>388526687
>upvoted xD
>>
>>388505447
The mechanics were good. The very gameplay not so.
Dummie-soldiers are too dumb if you take it seriously.
Missions are too easy if you do not take any optional challenges. Free roaming is pure cancer.
Having fun like spamming snake dummies and playing bowling is good but gets boring eventually.
>>
>>388526827
You also get a nice bonus for no tracing, if records are your thing.
>>
File: file.png (684KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
684KB, 960x540px
>>388526429
as i said, the game teach them even if there isn't anyone speaking it, for me it was 30 random people from all the depts.
>>388526558
>like i care about base management
>like i care about real time waiting times to develop shit
>like i care about online
>like ill give konami microtransactions money
Still proves my point that the game cheats even harder.
>FOV slider on a forced 1st person is a cheat compared to a 3rd person view
Its beyond a joke.
>>
>>388526827
i just started playing it again too

>decide to replay gz first
>rediscover how strong making guards lay down is
>start tpp
>"this soldier speaks russian. you need an interpreter"

shit.
>>
>>388526939
Your soldiers learn other soldiers tongue. The game probably gave you a kikongo volunteer and those 30 guys learned it.
>>
>>388518370
fuck those people, prolly neckbeard virgins anyway
>>
>>388505610
I disagree with all of it except the motherbase. Not that much bugged me about the game except the story via audiologs instead of cutscenes and the MB. Besides the Target practice there was nothing to do there. They should've given you more options and activities even though I can't think of any right now. The same applies to the animal base. If you take that away, it was anearly flawless experience (I mean thw fucking rehash missions with perfect stealth and everything. Let me play the game my own way Kojima
>>
>>388527243
>Not that much bugged me about the game except the story via audiologs instead of cutscenes and the MB.
to be fair, majority of mg story always happened in codecs over cutscenes. tpp just has much less of both and an awkwardly silent snake.
>>
Metal Gear Solid: Rising would've been more interesting than brainless hack 'n' slash cuh-rayzee MEME GAME.
>>
>>388526934
too bad the no trace rules were dumb as shit
I mean, you can't use the water pistol (water dries ya know) but you could hold up enemies (don't they report that afterwards?). Also you could cheese it by using the helicopter to clear out bases or the mist parasite

there are lots of stuff that should have prevented S-Rank. On top of my mind: Noctocyanin, D-Dog & Quiet, mist & armor parasites, Raiden/Gray Fox... even Reflex mode itself
>>
>>388527717

You just can't press the "Fire/Attack" button, that's it.
>>
>>388528145
I know, but for a bonus called "no traces" it should permit some things that actually leave no trace (and forbid hold-ups which leaves a trace of your presence there).
And actually you can press the "Fire/Attack" button for a running punch (needed to no trace C2W and Pitch Dark)
>>
>>388527717
>Raiden/Gray Fox
Those prevent S-Ranks though.
>>
>>388505447
I liked it a lot but got bored after maybe 40 hours. The customization is cool but the open world gameplay really feels like tedium more than a fun progression. It's too much like ubishit.
>>
>>388526939
MB coins are free
>>
>>388528389
>but for a bonus called "no traces" it should permit some things that actually leave no trace
???
>>
File: tfw woke.jpg (8KB, 239x211px) Image search: [Google]
tfw woke.jpg
8KB, 239x211px
Metal gear survive is actually a VR mission like MGS2 except its solid snake training to invade outer heaven and kill venom snake. Only you play as outer heaven soldiers to get killed by solid snake in the end. MGS6 confirmed.
>>
>>388505447
you forgot 0/10 level design
Oh boy I can't wait to run through the same fucking area to do mandatory side ops to unlock the main ops for the nth time!
>>
>>388505447
The PC port isn't "11/10", you can't use the mouse to navigate the menus and the only reason its "so well optimized" is because it had to be compatible with ancient decade old consoles.
>>
>>388505447
Ocelot in MGSV is garbage and was just used as a plot device
Liquid was only there because WOAH GAMERS REMEMBER LIQUID? Even if the third chapter came out, MGSV still sucks
>>
File: 1495568873544.gif (73KB, 205x274px) Image search: [Google]
1495568873544.gif
73KB, 205x274px
>>388529924
>using KBM
>>
>>388529950
compelling insight
>>
>>388529950
I think Liquid was there for that lord of the fly reference. I liked it tbqh famalam
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1920x1038px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1920x1038px
>>388529486
Yea, it will be a great idea to "connect to online" with all SS++ staff just for those coins, so konami can ban my ass.
Already knew and finnished the story, and didnt uninstall it because i do ghost replays in some missions from time to time, the rest i dont care.
There isnt much replay value in stealth unless you mod the guards actually see like a normal person at least, you know, what an actual high difficulty should be, instead of giving heavy armor and rocket launchers to the same blind deaf retards.
>snake those are not regular soliders, but genome soldiers, they have increased senses due to gene therapy
>cant see past 10 meters
>cant hear your steps
its the same shit as MGS1.
>>388530208
>aiming with a Dpad + autoaim
Pleb.
>>
>>388530208
I'd agree for older titles but for MGSV KBM is much better
>>
>>388530396
Dude, you didn't even play the game why do you think i care what you have to say about it?
>>
File: shitty deal.jpg (771KB, 3836x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shitty deal.jpg
771KB, 3836x1080px
>>388505571
>a tripfag gets the FPBP
Not bad, I'm impressed.

>>388506817
The lighting is the only good thing about it, and yeah it looks alright sometimes but it's just polished, it's not impressive. It would've been impressive if there wasn't cutscene lighting effects and a general lighting downgrade when you compare it to the trailers.

And the general transparency and shadow dithering isn't something you should brush off. Nor the texture issues. MGS2 and 3 literally have better textures than MGSV in a LOT of cases. That's fucked up.
>>
>>388530601
>It would've been impressive if there wasn't cutscene lighting effects and a general lighting downgrade when you compare it to the trailers.

no you're thinking of W3
>>
File: 1387654020364.jpg (24KB, 175x231px) Image search: [Google]
1387654020364.jpg
24KB, 175x231px
>>388514164
>mfw when I ran around with the tranq grenade launcher and puppy traps
>mfw I would fulton entire teams over and over
>mfw I would get more hatemail in MGO then dark souls

You are a total fucking pleb
>>
File: really kojima.jpg (855KB, 3828x1080px) Image search: [Google]
really kojima.jpg
855KB, 3828x1080px
>>388530716
I just posted image example. Sitting in the ICC and the lighting when you're approaching gameplay is hugely different. The chopper lighting is how the game looked all the time in trailers.
>>
>>388511296
>side ops are all the same four missions just in different areas
Usually even in the same area.
>>
>>388530505
>i played and replay from time to time doing stealth in the missions that arent "destroy the tanks or kill that dud"
>b-but you are not playing the dull 3rd person shooter online, you are not playing the "game"
You sound butthurt because im playing the game the way i want.
Do you need me online so it shows on steam statics and have to deal with the shit i just dont want?
Nice try shill.
>>
>>388511341
>Problem with MGS5 is that they took out the whole sneak gameplay and made you rambo instead.
They made it so that you can be the craftiest sneaker or bloodthirstiest barbarian as you want and anything in between.
>>
So I just got the GOTY shit, do I play Phantom Pain or Ground Zeroes first, GZ is a prequel according to the wiki?
>>
>>388530990
what are you talking about? FOB is just offline but with all the extra difficulty people complain the game doesn't have
>>
>>388531352
Refund. Game is shit.
>>
>>388531352
GZ first, it's like the tanker chapter of MGS2. Hell V is basically just a soft reboot of MGS2 full stop.
>>
>>388531352
GZ first from story perspective
GZ first if you want to be immensely disappointed with TPP afterwardse
>>
>>388531608
TPP is a better game than GZ
>>
>>388505447

I kinda wanted to buy and play it but then I realized it have Denuvo. I dont want this bullshit on my PC, not until devs will finally reveal what EXACTLY this is doing. I dont want to introduce another Starforce into my machine and suffer later.

I guess many people dont even remember what kind of bullshit Starforce was.
>>
Fake weapons makes me hate this game just that little bit more.
>>
>>388531709
GZ is a short burst of genius
TPP is a long dose of mediocrity
>>388532183
autism
>>
>>388505447
>started a new game with all elements of the UI turned off.

what is this meme about not having UI elements and getting 'immersed'
>>
>>388532169
People remember, that's why Denuvo games get fucked sales wise in most cases and why they're basically all cracked.
>>
>>388532169
Hey, Megaman Starforce was a good game.
>>
>>388532234

no
>>
>>388505447

People that like MGSV are just bat people.
>>
Why didn't Venom want to fuck Quiet, tho
>>
File: 1496256874620.gif (2MB, 320x346px) Image search: [Google]
1496256874620.gif
2MB, 320x346px
>>388532609
Bat people?
>>
>>388533214
Sexually transmitted parasites. Also D-horse was the better horse.
>>
>>388514498
wtf? you get more than enough from login bonuses. I've never spent a cent on MB coins and have like 4 FOBs
>>
>>388532609
how many layers of irony is this anoon on right now?
>>
File: 1441836509199.png (2MB, 500x3231px) Image search: [Google]
1441836509199.png
2MB, 500x3231px
>>388533635
>Sexually transmitted parasites
Try again.
>>
There's a lot more wrong with this game than the story.
>>
>>388533927
nah
>>
>>388505447
>>10/10 gameplay
in case you are a CoD or GTA nigger
>>
>>388505447
i initially got into metal gear from MGSV, i went back as far as MGS1 and then played the games in order, and honestly as much as i love MGSV, it doesn't stack up as well to MGS4. the story in 4 and the gameplay is far more tight together, even if it is more linear and loses out a bit from worse controls.

MGSV is very open but it's pretty sparse with shit to do, however it's incredibly well polished and still fun to play. i can understand why someone would shit on it a bit, because there's clearly some issues with the game, that's an objective fact. but we can probably blame kucknami for that.
>>
>>388505447
>>11/10
PC "gamer" education, everyone
>>
>>388505447
>>10/10 gameplay
>>everyone shits on it because the story was a mess
No
>>
File: 1475691277773.jpg (473KB, 1600x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1475691277773.jpg
473KB, 1600x1800px
>>388506817
>>388530601
If by "lighting" you mean the default global lighting then sure, but I think the real-time light sources (flashlights, lamps, fires etc.) are really pisspoor and underutilized anyway.
Not to mention the absolutely farce that is pic related
>>
>>388526012
thats actually pretty redpilled. affirmative action in progress forcing you to fire efficient members /hire more minorities because DIVERSITY QOUTA NIGGA
>>
File: 1497037599352.png (229KB, 651x434px) Image search: [Google]
1497037599352.png
229KB, 651x434px
>>388534669
Mgs4 story felt forced and retarded.
It's the proof that sometimes it's better to leave some question unanswered.
>>
>>388534669
mgs4 was not a good game
>>
File: GLOBAL ILLUMINATION.webm (3MB, 536x400px) Image search: [Google]
GLOBAL ILLUMINATION.webm
3MB, 536x400px
>>388535418
Does any Japanese game have actual good lighting? Dragons Dogma was the best I think?
>>
>>388527090
>venom snake doesnt know russian
>big bossu does

MAKE ME THINK
>>
>>388535649
Ocelot explain it as some kind of amnesia
>>
>>388513156
Not him, but...
1) Venom is Gray Fox
2) Chico is Quiet
3) Paz is a clone of The Boss
4) Skull-Face was some old guy in a photo with Para-Medic
5) The final chapter is a 3D remake of Metal Gear 1
6) Ishmael is Solidus
7) Ground Zeroes was VR/propaganda movie

All of these were pretty stupid if you think about it deeply.
>>
>>388505447
>>11/10 PC port
you literally can't control at what speed snake is walking. its either the slowest possible or the fastest possible. stealthing in camo is such a fucking pain in the ass because of it. kys
>>
>>388527717
>there are lots of stuff that should have prevented S-Rank
How about fucking KILLING people in a so called "stealth" game?

Killing people prevented you from getting Big Boss rank in earlier games.

That only shows that the game was made for retards instead of actual MGS stealth fans. That and the health regen shit. That and the we will drop Hayter for some shitty TV series "actor", that was too expensive to record more than 10 lines of dialog because
>muh I'm totally a movie director now
>>
>>388529842
stupid shitty fannon
>>
>>388535946
Doesn't the PC port support Xbox controllers?
>>
>>388535649
That's what tipped me off to the twist. The brain damage is the most reasonable explication, but Boss spent all of Snake Eater speaking Russian it seems like it's a part of him.
>>
>>388536013
That and having no difficulty options, just a baby difficulty, where guards can't see 5 meters ahead.
That and having no properly made boss fights, you know, like in MGS2 or MGS3.

The MGS4 bosses were already shit, but compared to 5 those are masterpieces.
>>
File: fps.webm (3MB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
fps.webm
3MB, 960x600px
>>388536149
yeah but mouse and keyboard is better. that's a stupid complaint though.
>>
>>388536013
>How about fucking KILLING people in a so called "stealth" game?

What is demon mode. Christ you're dumb.
>>
File: 1469034752866.gif (698KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1469034752866.gif
698KB, 500x378px
>>388535897
Skull Face is Sokolov
>>
File: 1442268174894.jpg (173KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1442268174894.jpg
173KB, 1920x1080px
Quiet was looking for water in all the wrong places
>>
>>388536314
>yeah but mouse and keyboard is better.
wrong, V was designed from the ground up for controller.
>>
>>388535852
>everybody reassures boss
>boss do this like you used to
>boss remember this?

yeah your right he did just piss it away as some kind of amnesia because schrapnel. but still its a big indicator. same with big boss not vaping like some jabronie
>>
File: mouse.webm (408KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
mouse.webm
408KB, 960x540px
>>388536468
And? It's better with mouse and keyboard. It's a shooter. Using this map with an analog stick takes aeons for example, mouse is objectively more precise for this game.
>>
>>388536013
tbqh metal gear never advertised itself as a stealth game. On the contrary it encourage you to replay it with different style to unlock titles.
>>
>>388536604
>It's better with mouse and keyboard.
Why?

>Using this map with an analog stick takes aeons
That's just the map who cares lol.

Mouse is only important when going up against other mouse opponents, but that still doesn't stop me in MGO either :)
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1280x706px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1280x706px
>>388536604
>using mouse on consoles is considered cheating despite just being an adaptation of the Dpad
They can't be helped.
>>388536682
>never
Its what everyone wanted from it, even tho, this "action" cancer killed actual steath games like splinter cell.
>>
>>388536560
True, the game gives you hints the whole time.
People not recognizing him, Eli's DNA test.
>>
>>388536797
Faster and more precise.

Aiming and looking around + using your map is objectively better, you're not making any arguments here bub.
>>
>>388536797
Mouse&keyboard is factually faster way to recover from stun&sleep. Besides that it's 100% preference.
>>
>>388536996
>Faster and more precise.
but shittier movement control and no vibration
>>
>>388536797
>Why?
Are you dense? Mouse is more precise. I prefer aiming precision over walking sensitivity, I just crawl or assign a button for slow walking.
>>
File: 1445878912860.png (552KB, 719x945px) Image search: [Google]
1445878912860.png
552KB, 719x945px
LITERALLY MADE to be alone
>>
>>388505447
The gameplay was great. What detracted from it was the episodic/mission formula. Having a bunch of "missions" where you accumulate points and get a score at the end just makes it feel like a cheap PSP or PS Vita game.

This game would have been better if it was just continuous, like MGS3. Also, everything in this post detracted from the experience>>388505610

Overall the gameplay is fun, but the waiting around is gay, the time-wasters like MB development and R&D is also gay. And the mission/episode shit is gay too.
>>
File: 1393077281614.jpg (623KB, 1170x780px) Image search: [Google]
1393077281614.jpg
623KB, 1170x780px
>>388537057
>vibration at all
>movement control is "better"
Tell me how to rotate without moving in 3rd person view inside a carbon box.
You cant, its not a thing of wich control you use, is how the game was made.
Iike a roach, you can't rotate without moving forward, you can only do it in first person.
>>
>>388537258
>Mouse is more precise
again, who cares if you aren't up against other MKB players? Literally no point especially over the increased movement precision controller brings.
>>
>>388536960
>splinter cell
If it died, it's because it was shit.
Hitman still did very well.
>>
>>388537463
what are you talking about?
>>
>>388537552
Besides with the FOB pvp meta, you don't need precision accuracy with stun issandro spam.
>>
>>388537057
The movement is better actually, and no vibration? Are you a fucking sperg or what
>>
>>388537552
I enjoy FOBs and even in singleplayer aiming with stick annoy me. Never felt like movement speed was gimping me.
>>
>>388537552
You should care you autist. Why would you settle for shitty controls?

Like you're actually retarded.
>>
>>388536983
is there a comprehensive list of that kind of stuff? aside from what we listed so far i know bb didnt have his eye and venom does
>>
>>388537564
Hitman also died after blood money, if you think "supervision" absolution was remotely decent you are just delusional, not to mention the episodic crap they released after that.
Trying to make a stealth game interesting for low attention span kids is what transformed splinter cell from an actual steath game into a MGS clone, and then died because its actual stealth fanbase got fucked, and new players took it as as another generic action packed shit and sales weren't as expected.
>>388537656
If a Dpad control was be "better", you would be able to rotate your character in place, without walking in circles (rotation without translation, get it?), but you cant, so the only "advantage" of using a Dpad for movement vanish.
And with the carboard box is when you need it the most.
>>
>>388537552
>consolecuck runs out of arguments over objectively, factually superior form of control and movement and resorts to W-WHO C-C-C-CARES
Classic.
>>
>10/10 gameplay
>shit bosses in a series known for good boss fights
no
>>
>>388513441
>How are they shit?

Are you joking? I killed Quiet in a miniute because I grinded through side ops and got the tranq Snipe unlocked.

I rushed Eli and CQC'd him twice and that was it

I completedThe two "best boss" fights in under 2 fucking minutes. Gut yourself if you thing MGSV bosses were not shit
>>
>>388538531
Translation:
>bosses were just as tedious and boring to fight against but didn't have ebin 1-dimensional meme personalities
>>
>>388538294
>>If a Dpad control was be "better", you would be able to rotate your character in place, without walking in circles (rotation without translation, get it?), but you cant, so the only "advantage" of using a Dpad for movement vanish.
>>And with the carboard box is when you need it the most.
>Dpad for movement
Not him, but really, wtf are you talking about?
>>
>>388538294
absolution was a disappointment in comparison to the others, but yes it's still decent. I haven't still bought hitman 2016, from videos it looks like blood money. I'll probably buy it when it's complete.
But back to the point, it's not metal gear fault if other series tried to copy it.
>>
>>388536254
>guards can't see 5 meters ahead
You're full of shit, kys.
>>
>>388538847 portable Ops had better boss fights than peace Walker
>>
>>388538882
Have you played the game?
Have you tried what im describing?
Try to rotate without moving inside a carboard box in 3rd person view.
Then ask that again...
>>
File: mgsvtpp 2015-09-17 14-25-05-09.jpg (289KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mgsvtpp 2015-09-17 14-25-05-09.jpg
289KB, 1920x1080px
>>388538997
Not him but here is an example of it.

>>388539094
That really blew my mind, especially when people shit on PO so much but ride PW.
>>
>>388537989
a bad craftsman blames his tools. This isn't a twitch shooter, KBM isn't necessary.
>>
>>388538294
>If a Dpad control was be "better", you would be able to rotate your character in place, without walking in circles

no, movement has weight to it which is immersive

>>388538345
Still waiting for those facts tho
>>
>>388539265
>This isn't a twitch shooter
It is for me because I actually have control of the game. It's not our fault you do a 360 only after a full 5 seconds.
>>
>>388539376
no, it isn't, because the enemies don't move like that.
>>
File: Dpad.jpg (35KB, 640x213px) Image search: [Google]
Dpad.jpg
35KB, 640x213px
>>388539149
Nigga, you mentioned the Dpad. Do you know what the Dpad is?
>>
>>388539265
>look, I can play it with worse tools
Nice, why don't you play it with your feet too?
>>
File: shooter.webm (3MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
shooter.webm
3MB, 768x432px
>>388539464
Here's your final (You), console kiddo.
>>
>>388539624
again, not a twitch shooter

>>388539587
worse how?
>>
File: 1464717693300.jpg (298KB, 996x851px) Image search: [Google]
1464717693300.jpg
298KB, 996x851px
>>388539354
Mouse being more precise than sticks is a fact dude. If you need to slow walk there's a button for that or you can just crawl.
>>
File: DSisMGS.jpg (77KB, 432x370px) Image search: [Google]
DSisMGS.jpg
77KB, 432x370px
>>
>>388539765
see
>>388539817
>>
>>388539624
Not that anon, but I've done more impressive shooting on MGO3 with a controller than that webm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IepsOEm8x4c&list
>>
>>388539624
>better turn off the crosshair so its harder to tell im still using autoaim with a mouse
>>
>>388539918
At a slower pace. Congratulations!

>>388539972
This salt. it's okay to be wrong you retard.
>>
File: 1469811107605.png (166KB, 436x446px) Image search: [Google]
1469811107605.png
166KB, 436x446px
>>388539873
DS is MGS in a Silent Hill setting.
>>
>>388539817
But the gameplay doesn't benefit from this, and it's much more comfy to handle movement with analog sticks instead of a couple of digital buttons.
>>
>>388505447
fuck off.
>>
File: 1480705379916.gif (4MB, 700x298px) Image search: [Google]
1480705379916.gif
4MB, 700x298px
>>388539354
>a real human being can do it but in a game is more "immersive" to not do it
What the fuck i am reading.
>>388539532
I dont play with consoles or controllers, so yea, i have no fucking idea what the shit is what.
analog stick?
Its the same shit, and the point still stands.
You can't rotate in place no matter wich controller you use, and its key for having good control over your character.
>>388539918
>aiming tutorial
That is the proof that you rely on gimmicks and training to just point a gun towards an enemy and shoot, wich is the most basic things in a game that gives you a gun.
>>
>>388540090
>it's much more comfy
Being restricted to shitty aiming and objectively slower gameplay isn't comfy. It's being a delusional fanboy.
>>
>>388540047
>slower pace
Wrong, especially if you're playing online and there's multiple people trying to kill you from any side. If you think the stuff you in that webm is impressive, then you should actually watch the video I posted, also includes MGO2 so that's definitely someone who's playing with a controller.
>>
>>388540090
also, pulling a trigger feels much better than clicking a mouse, especially when lining up long range sniper shots :3
>>
I pirated it, glad I did too since there was no proper physical release for PC
>>
>>388540212
most people don't swivel about a point when turning...
>>
>>388505571
(you)
>>
>>388540318
>most people play candy crush
>most gamers are grills
>most humans are chinise
Nice argument.
>>
File: 1442638920881.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1442638920881.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>388540224
Here's another (You) for you.
Refer to>>388540212 in regards to that video. You'd have to practice for days to do default mouse actions. Controllers are garbage for shooters.
>>
>>388540213
It's not slower though if you know what you're doing. Besides, again, V is not a twitch shooter.
>>
>>388540230
>also, pulling a trigger feels much better than clicking a mouse, especially when lining up long range sniper shots :3
Not when you point and click 90% faster than your shitty ass controller lets you, scrub.
>>
I've never seen consolecucks get so BTFO.
>>
>>388540395
no, as in it's unnatural to turn like that

>>388540441
what does that have to do with anything, mouse isn't faster because it's a click...
>>
File: 1471123224155.png (753KB, 1008x672px) Image search: [Google]
1471123224155.png
753KB, 1008x672px
>>388540198
>replies to a 9hrs old post just to say fuck off
>>
File: 0015156.jpg (42KB, 570x587px) Image search: [Google]
0015156.jpg
42KB, 570x587px
>>388540212
>I dont play with consoles or controllers, so yea, i have no fucking idea what the shit is what.
How the fuck can you claim to know about how aiming feels like on controllers if you don't actually use them, you faggot?

>gimmicks
You're literally retarded.

>>388540401
>practice is bad wahh!
No argument whatsoever. So this is the true face of le master race...
>>
>>388540441
Lol I dont really care about a split second difference in a single player game. You're pathetic.
>>
>>388540690
>How the fuck can you claim to know about how aiming feels like on controllers if you don't actually use them, you faggot?
Because it's objective fact, you blithering, drooling idiot.
>>
File: lel.jpg (644KB, 748x1728px) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
644KB, 748x1728px
>>388540563
I have. Everything about MGSV seemed to BTFO fanboys. Them being baited into getting a shitty console, it coming to PC, it being objectively better on PC, and finally it being a horrible game.
>>
>>388540745
>I don't care about good controls in a video game
>I also disregard online components

We know, you're grasping at straws.
>>
>>388540829
Literally shameful that consolecucks still show their faces on this board. They only exist to get BTFO.
>>
>>388540829
It was a fantastic game though
>>
>>388540780
Facts that you haven't even observed for yourself. You're just spouting something someone else said. Now listen here, I don't claim that mouse isn't better than controllers for aiming, but what's being spewed right now is a load of bullshit from people who are clearly inexperienced with controllers.
>>
>>388540616
Binary inputs are faster than sensitivity ones.
>>
MGR 2 when
>>
>>388540915
It is good control though, and again, that's not what's even good about KBM in the first place
>>
File: 1418900435354.gif (187KB, 275x195px) Image search: [Google]
1418900435354.gif
187KB, 275x195px
>>388541054
>>388541017
>>
>>388541084
not really
>>
>all the good aspects of MGSV are the things Kojima was not involved with
whoa....
>>
File: 1503698742271.png (14KB, 364x322px) Image search: [Google]
1503698742271.png
14KB, 364x322px
>>388540745
He starts crying now.
>>
>>388541112
2019 but itll just be the same levels with zombies and crafting added in
>>
>>388540080
the ultimate ruse
>>
>>388541217
wew
>>
>>388540690
>How the fuck can you claim to know about how aiming feels like on controllers
Because ive suffer them in the PS2 playing requiem mission on hitman 4.
Do i need to play a "ps4 pro" to see the same "aiming correction" despite you deactivate the autoaim?
Also, im talking about movement, not aiming, wich was in fact proven to be superior, twitch shooter or not.
>>
>>388539765
but I saw a ton of people streaming it on twitch
>>
>>388541229
you don't benefit from KBM in V, it wasn't designed around it, anything incidental to the aiming (which again isn't much of a benefit given how you interact) is clunky at best
>>
>stealth game
>has a shittier sound propagation system than MGS2/3/4
Fuck off drone.
>>
>>388541319
wow, it's almost as if V has a godlike controller setup that hasn't been in other games before...
>>
>>388541227
the cutscenes were phenominal. what little there was
>>
MGSV was my first metal gear game i thought it was fun :)
>>
File: sweet moves boss.webm (948KB, 804x746px) Image search: [Google]
sweet moves boss.webm
948KB, 804x746px
>>388541319
>wich was in fact proven to be superior,
Quite the opposite, like that other guy was saying you can't rotate and you can't do webm related.

There's no benefit to controllers for moving around and since you look around and aim slower it's objectively inferior for these reasons.

>>388541356
It was always being developed as a PC game, you're wrong kid.
>>
>>388541370
>>has a shittier sound propagation system than MGS2/3/4

lol what

>>388541526
It's the best game in the series
>>
File: 1502853839479.gif (3MB, 173x267px) Image search: [Google]
1502853839479.gif
3MB, 173x267px
>>388540968
>my life is so pathetic that I take joy in watching people shit on other people for choosing to game on a different platform than the one I like
Enjoy that hollow "victory" that ultimately means nothing.
>>
>>388541550
PC games use controllers, too.
>>
>>388541319
>Do i need to play a "ps4 pro" to see the same "aiming correction" despite you deactivate the autoaim?
How can you be so clueless? What you're saying varies from game to game, that has nothing to do with consoles inherently.
If you had any knowledge on how these games play with a controller, you'd find out there's no auto-aim whatsoever once you disable it in the settings. Watch >>388539918, the player is in complete control and there isn't any sort of magnetism, otherwise making split-second shots wouldn't have been possible.
>>
>>388539094
>>388539227
The boss battles in Portable Ops were trash. I take the Vocaloid mechs any day.
>>
>>388541572
Walls literally don't have a effect on the travel distance of the sound that you make. That's something that was present in MGS since 2 but not in this one,
>>
>>388541850
but Auto-Aim is a literal ability you can upgrade with in-game mechanics
>>
>>388542046
okay, doesn't change the fact those games consisted of linear corridors with a fraction of the flexibility in options
>>
>>388541550
>It was always being developed as a PC game, you're wrong kid.
Not really. The PC version of Ground Zeroes wasn't even released until months after the launch of the console versions.
>>
>>388506686
>you can see every single polygons on the characters
Some days I think that I must be really getting old. Or maybe some people spout fucking bullshit.
>>
>>388541628
Enjoy your bloodborn machine
>>
>>388542161
Release time doesn't say much about development.
>>
>>388510603
>You're just playing it wrong guys! Metal Gear Far Cry is so varied and smart!
>Enemies in vehicles run over their own in a broad daylight
>>
>>388542054
Auto-aim in MGO2 doesn't make you aim straight to the head as far as I know (never really used it). It's something that's completely optional, so you know clearly when it's being used and when it's not. You can find many moments in the video posted earlier where the player doesn't use auto-aim (especially MGSV).
>>
>>388542161
>Not really.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjFWLEBFlOc
objectively was
>>
The gameplay is good in terms of controls and movement. In terms of infiltration and level design though, it's the worst in the series by a WIDE margin.
>>
>>388542170
>getting old
The opposite maybe, if you were old you would be used to way worse graphics.
>>
>>388542434
nah, this is one of the few games that isn't locked into a series of puzzle corridors. The amount of freedom you get in V is staggering
>>
>>388542298
Varied? Yes. Smart? Never said that.
>>
>>388505447
Is this game completionist friendly and how long would such a playthrough take?
>>
>>388542298
wow the AI makes mistakes just like us!

You're really bad at arguing your point.
>>
>>388542434
How is level design worse than MGS2.
>>
>>388542434
>have to stand up to go down from a ledge or go over a shitty rock
Nope, its worse.
>>
>>388542757
long

>>388542928
it basically IS MGS2
>>
>>388542757
>completionist friendly
No. That's something I won't defend MGSV on. Capturing all the animals is a braindead side activity that you should just ignore, even in my +300 hours of play time I still haven't completed that.
You're better served with stuff like the side objectives, those actually give you a reason to replay missions to try out different stuff.
>>
>>388542945
what?
>>
>>388542757
my first playthrough on release week was 70 hours and i just did every mission with a little dicking around in freeroam. id imagine getting perfect scores on all missions and collecting everything would easily double or even triple that number
>>
>>388542575
>puzzle corridors

And this is why you have shit taste.

The fact that every area in previous MGS games can be seen as it's own little unique, hand crafted, puzzle is a GOOD thing. The "freedom" you're talking about in V ultimately results in every encounter feeling the same. Sure I could use one of my 100 wacky infiltration tools, but why the fuck would I when it's so sub optimal compared with just sitting on the side of the hill with a sniper rifle? Some level of linearity actually forces the player to use their brain.
>>
>>388543051
I like the animal collection, it's like proto korok seeds and there's an odd sort of excitement i get when returning to base after putting down all cages
>>
>>388542757
For 100% around 150hrs more or less depending on how much you like to rush things or follow walkthroughs.
>>
>>388542161
It was announced first for PS3 and Xbox 360 in PAX 2012 and then for the PS4 and Xbox One in E3 2013. It wasn't until Gamescom 2014 that they confirmed a PC version.

>>388542421
Making a game on PC is not the same thing as making a PC game. By that logic all console games are PC games.
>>
>>388543117
I never said it was a bad thing, but being able to get more control over your loadout in V and tailor it specifically to your play style is kino
>>
>>388542757
You need to have a 100% guide in advance, since most of the stuff are behind "??????" so you have to randomly do it by luck or accident, or use someone else's guide.
In that sense is not friendly at all, but if you have the guide, its actually a cake walk.
>>
>>388542945
Of course you can't climb things if you are prone, faggot.
>>
>>388543117
also linear hallways are much more scripted leading to less emergent gameplay and replayability
>>
>>388543268
Meant to be directed to as well. >>388542279
>>
>>388530819
>mad at grass cards filling up every inch of grass

would you have preferred the tiny patches of polygonal grass like in 3, in an open world? are you dumb?
>>
>10/10 controls
>the opening sequence had a part where you had to "play dead"
>the play dead button wasn't in the game despite being possibly relevant due to the nature of the conflict of the local resistance against russians
>snake is breathing heavily while looking directly in the soldier

sure
also, there are no resistants
>>
>>388543117
You can enjoy both games, you know?
>>
>>388505447
>>11/10 PC port
>>
>>388543425
3 has more densely packed grass than V does dude. And it's higher poly with better textures.
>>
>>388543117
>it's so sub optimal compared with just sitting on the side of the hill with a sniper rifle

also this is false, learn to play the game?
>>
>>388543365
Incorrect, the variety in their level design makes them much more replayable.

You've essentially already replayed MGSV by the time you finish it gameply wise.
>>
>>388505610
>>waiting for helicopter
>>waiting for heli to land
Plan ahead and call it in early, you fucking mong
>>
>>388530819
umm MGS3 wasn't HD, sweetie. Neither was it open world
>>
>>388543778
Not when each level plays out the same with the same enemy placement and progression.
>>
File: dat rock.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dat rock.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>388543358
>need to stand up to walk over a 1 feet tall rock increasing the risk of being detected
Man, this rock is so tall and hard to crawl over...
>>
>>388507075
you don't grind for troops in the free roam, dude. That's what online deployments are for
>>
>>388543452
Hold the action button while prone to play dead.
>>
>>388544121
I don't think I've ever seen anyone nitpick this hard
>>
File: 1500487203810.jpg (16KB, 270x291px) Image search: [Google]
1500487203810.jpg
16KB, 270x291px
>>388544121
Are you really bitching about those petty things?
>>
>>388544238
doesn't work in the prologue
>>
>>388544493
Not him but for an open world game it was pretty limited, couldn't climb mountains for example. And I always point out how poorly designed the side-ops were.

>approaching AA tanks ina helicopter
>they don't shoot you down
Not to mention enemies are literally blind in most cases.
>>
>>388543808
Or better yet, using the Phantom Cigar to speed up time causes the heli to arrive faster.
>>
>>388544121
petty but somewhat agree, you can quick dive over/onto it though. In my 600 hours quick diving = prone in most cases so risk of being seen because of this is minimal.
>>
File: 1503773914319.png (375KB, 763x960px) Image search: [Google]
1503773914319.png
375KB, 763x960px
>>388544684
this is a pretty good idea
>>
>>388544238
not in the opening sequence, which is stupid
>>
>>388543691
not a single statement here is true.
>>
>>388544940
It is, why would you deny it?
>>
>>388544657
AI is dumb something, no one is dening it. That's true for the whole series though. Or have you already forgotten how little the view cone was in the older games?
>>
>>388544940
alright then, prove it.
>>
File: open world.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
open world.webm
2MB, 960x540px
>>388545084
It's the truest for MGSV. Even GZ did a better job with the AI. Don't deflect please it's not worth our time.
>>
>>388545282
obviously meant for >>388545058
>>
>>388544940
Of course it's true, 3 takes place in a fucking jungle instead of a desert and an empty plain you fool.
>>
>>388545360
FOB
>>
>>388545382
are you retarded? 1, there's two maps. 2, there's grass covered areas literally all over Afghanistan. i know /v/ is generally retarded, but come on.
>>
>>388545374
>obviously meant for
You, obviously. Prove it.

MGSV had patches of grass like image related, which is a VERY generous pictures as most of the game didn't have anywhere near this amount of grass.

MGS3 on the ohter hand had entire sections of maps with nothing but grass, it was more densely packed. With more polygons and better textures.
>>
>>388545560
MGS3 isn't open world
>>
>>388545630
Really?
>>
>>388510373
you literally can, I swear /v/ doesn't play the games they whine about
>>
File: 1471394300890.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1471394300890.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>388544121
>whoops i almost crawled over it. better move back to the left
>>
File: 1498781391358.png (132KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498781391358.png
132KB, 500x500px
>>388545360
>complaining about unclimbable mountains
Dood, that's legit autism right there
>>
>>388545835
I wasn't complaining, why are you getting defensive?
>>
>>388545804
yup, bitch and moan all you want but realize it's just a minor complaint.
>>
>>388543642
That's absolute bullshit. I ran the game at 60fps on my GTX 760 on high/max settings.
>>
>>388545904
A complaint? What are you talking about? I just proved you wrong when you decided to argue about something stupid.
>>
>>388545929
want a medal?
>>
>>388545929
No you didn't. Perhaps use fraps before shitposting. Unless your 'high/max' is more like "not high/max at all".
>>
>>388545994
yeah, wrong about nothing
>>
>>388546051
>being this mad
>>388546063
I upgraded to a GTX 1080 but I'm pretty sure my settings are still the same. I'll have a peek.
>>
File: 20170828151413_1.jpg (1MB, 2715x1527px) Image search: [Google]
20170828151413_1.jpg
1MB, 2715x1527px
>>388545560
nice cherry pick btw.
>>
>>388545929
It's a lot easier to max out a game when your definition of max settings is less than max settings isn't it?
>>
>>388542820
>just like us
Do you run people over who you see standing straight in your path 100m away?
>>
File: 1501752900260.gif (240KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1501752900260.gif
240KB, 320x320px
>No chapter 3 because there will never be peace
>>
>>388546063
as long as occlusion isn't maxed, you're set
>>
>>388546185
I wasn't wrong. MGS3 is still more dense than this image. With better textures and models.... You getting paid for this?
>>
>>388544729
You still need to stand up to do a dive, if standing up means game over, its no use, the game dosent have a jump button, what else can i say?
>>388545824
>y-you can crawl it when its at the same level as the ground
Good work sherlock, next case.
>>
>>388546237
AO doesn't even have the biggest FPS though though.
>>
>>388546225
I make mistakes
>>
>>388546229
>this is what V2 was for.jpg
>>
>>388546393
you obviously don't know how to dive properly in this game

>>388546414
apparently it does from my experience
>>
File: 20170828151921_1.jpg (431KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170828151921_1.jpg
431KB, 1920x1080px
>>388546334
>MGS3 is still more dense than this image. With better textures and models
feel free to prove it at any time. or just bend the knee, and stop being a bitch.
>>
>>388546063
Alright must've remembered incorrectly. I completed it with medium/high settings.
>>
>>388546536
how do you dive while being prone then?
Video proof or anything?
I have the game running just to try it, if what you say is true...
>>
>>388546631
I already have man, you really don't know what's going on do you?
http://i.4cdn.org/v/1503937244131.jpg
>>
File: MGS3-Snake-Wounded.jpg (66KB, 800x452px) Image search: [Google]
MGS3-Snake-Wounded.jpg
66KB, 800x452px
>>388546334
>you can see the pixels all over his textures

wow sure makes me think!
>>
>>388546681
you dive before you fully stand up it's a common FOB tactic
>>
>>388546664
Good man. It's really annoying arging about benchmarks with fans of the engine. That bench is legit, maxed out the game didn't run good on modern hardware of the time. It dropped frames even on the strongest GPU occasionally.
>>
>>388546740
I'm talking about grass...>>388546705
>>
>>388546705
yes, and like i said, it's because the grass is is made with polygons, and is in 4 areas in the game. that's why 5 runs at 60fps on my calculator, and 3 runs at 25 if you're really lucky.
>>
>>388546764
>before you stand up
I posted.
>You still need to stand up to do a dive
Read what ive posted, again so you get what im trying to say.
Cut the standing half way is still standing up.
So you need to stand up to do a dive.
Thanks for nothing.
>>
>>388546812
I also just found out it doesn't even support 21:9 resolutions. Same for multi-monitor setups apparantely.
>>
>>388546882
All grass in every game is made with polygons, what are you trying to say? MGS2 is a fucking PS2 game.
>>
>>388547005
It does but it has some drawbacks iirc. Might be fixed by now, look into it.
>>
>>388546982
what that's not what I said, you initiate a dive before you're in the stand-up position
>>
>>388547005
>more FOV
Thats cheating anon
>>
>>388547072
Only fixable with a hack. Just booted it up normally and 2560x1080 wasn't even an option I could pick.
>>
>>388547020
>All grass in every game is made with polygons
alright, i get it, you're illiterate in video game tech. the grass in 5 is made with cards, which are generally extremely low poly, with a grass texture on it. in 3, each blade is polygonal, which is a massive waste of polygon budget. it's why every character and environment looks bad for it's era, minus the main characters, and also a key factor in why 3 runs like hot garbage. all you had to say was you didn't understand what you were talking about.
>>
>>388547274
>the grass in 5 is made with cards
Wew lad. Guess what a "card" is made of. Several polygons. Just like MGS3.

At least you're now admitting I'm right but you need to work on your attitude for someone so ignorant.
>>
>>388547074
>you dive before you fully stand up
>you need to start the standing up to do the dive
I asked:
>how do you dive while being prone then?
Means mantaining a prone position, not starting a stand up at all.
You can't, again, thanks for nothing.
>>
>>388545929
The extreme settings add 4x anti aliasing to effects like smoke, dust and hair. It would surely kill your card, so you didn't run it on max.
>>
File: dense grass.jpg (295KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dense grass.jpg
295KB, 1920x1080px
>>388547426
>Just like MGS3.
except it's not. 3 has each blade be its own object. cards are bundles of blades projected onto a texture map. again. it's why 5 is full of grass, and 3 has tiny patches.
>>
Why is /v/ so shit at open ended games?
>>
>>388547776
Yes just like MGSV. I can't imagine how dumb you are to not understand how grass is rendered in video games. Every bundle is a bunch of square or triangle sheets with a texture on them.

MGSV just uses a really shitty texture and sparsely applies the bundles.
>>
>>388547485
oh, you're an idiot.

You said it's no use if you have to do a game over triggering stand up, which doesn't happen if you dive before you're fully stood up
>>
>>388547935
except i've proven you wrong consistently. all you have to do is prove your point, but you can't.
Thread posts: 529
Thread images: 89

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.