[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know that point when you're really enjoying a game,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (22KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 200x300px
You know that point when you're really enjoying a game, and it feels great at first, but then it turns out the rest of the game is the same thing with no evolution in gameplay and fighting hordes and hordes of the same types of enemies over and over with no variation to the point it feels dull repetitive boring and mediocre, and you just want the game to end already but you find out you're only on chapter 10 of 17? Yeah. That.

Ever had that in vidya /v/? Did you power on through like a tropper or did you drop cold turkey?
>>
>>388491073
If I'm not having fun I stop playing, but a game being repetitive is hardly ever the cause of that. I wouldn't be playing a game if it wasn't fun, so for me to notice a game being repetitive means it has to be fun for a long enough period of time for me to notice that it is repetitive.

Often times I drop games because of some bullshit mechanic that gets introduced or something of the sort.
>>
>>388491073
>that cave area that doesn't checkpoint
>lost 2 hours of progress
>never played again
>>
There are games that do just that, and games that SEEM like they'd be just that - but do not ever get tiresome and feel engaging throughout the end.

Examples of the former: nuDOOM, nuSW.
Example of the latter: Serious Sam 3
>>
>>388491073
I had the same feeling playing this game and I ended up finishing it. The boss fights were absolute shit.
>>
>>388491073
I give it a 7 on the Wang-o-meter
>>
>>388491073
MGSV
Atelier
>>
>>388491073
Necrovision had a real bad case of that
>>
Playing through this game. I'm at chapter 9 or 10 right now I believe and I'm on the verge of quitting. It has exactly the same problem I had with doom (I didn't know they were similar games before I started this one ). The enemies become wayyy too tanky in the second half of the game. I'd be having way more fun right now if there were hordes of basic demons rather than those annoying as FUCk shield guys, the annoying birds that are a pain to kill all of, and of course the fucking necromancer thing that has invincibility for like 15 seconds. Great way to ruin the fun and fast paced combat that the game started out as.
>>
>>388491073
That's what happens with every game that is longer than a COD campaign that people try to beat in one sitting.
>>
>>388493312
>implying

It depends on balances. RPGS usually dont have this due to throwing in puzzles, fetchquests, and other goals on top of combat to keep a person busy and constantly have a goal in mind. When the game is just A-B cooridoor hopping, but then arbitrarily stops you and locks your progress behind a horde of random spawning enemies every 20 seconds, it gets really boring really fast. I wouldn't mind it so much if they'd at least introduce new enemies every level or so but they played their hand and introduced everything by level 3.
>>
>>388493234
I'm on 13. it really doesn't get much better. YOu have to find keycards and take on 3 berskers at once in a caged arena.
>>
>>388493558
Theres also the argument of storytelling depending on the person, Some people are really invested in the story that they'll slog through mediocre quests and filler just to find out what happens next (This was me and Xenoblade for 2 weeks) and then theres those who don't care for the story and just want the game to progress at a reasonable pace.
>>
NuDOOM was actually very engaging. It was great to have a modern arcade like FPS for once
>>
>>388493234
>I'm on the verge of quitting.
It honestly doesn't get much better, but I powered through for the supposed Stan Bush moment. Which I found out was SW2, not SW1.
Little bit disappointed.

>shield guys
The small shield guys can be shot in the head while they're casting, it's usually effective.
Big Shield guys I found Shotgun helped with them, that or just use rockets when you're annoyed. You can also shoot through the face holes, but that's harder.

>the annoying birds
Auto-aim/half pulled trigger revolver shooting. It's basically cheating, but they're horrible enemies.

>fucking necromancer thing that has invincibility for like 15 seconds.
He's invincible until you shoot the skeletons with the glow around them, which can take 1-2 seconds if you're lucky.
Other than that annoying feature, he's a complete pushover.

Though the best combat advice against everything but bosses is; When in doubt, Divider of Heavens sorts them out.
>>
>>388491073
I was actually enjoying it, even though its very flawed. It does get harder and harder I feel, and you slowly SLOWLY (fucking slowly) get new weapons. What ruined it for me is im playing on the hardest setting and the bosses fucking suck. I feel the endgame would be so much better and im just stuck. Then when I think of the tediousness of the level design I have no urge to continue.

>>388491991
>numeme
opinion instantly disregarded.
>>
I really like when a game just throws more levels at me instead of constantly introducing entirely new mechanics that make it impossible to properly play the game without learning all over again. There's something relaxing about gunning down the same enemies over and over through various hallways and environments.
>>
>>388496487
>opinion instantly disregarded.
sasuga nufag
>>
>>388491932
I lost a lot of progress at one point so I just started quick saving after every fight
>>
>Play in Heroic
>Fight Zilla
>Spend an hour slicing him with a sword
IMO, I enjoyed it until Hoji left you, that's when it turned into shit
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.