[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why nobody talks about Epic Games anymore? Neither their engine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

File: 1200px-Epic_Games_logo.svg.png (41KB, 1200x1372px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Epic_Games_logo.svg.png
41KB, 1200x1372px
Why nobody talks about Epic Games anymore? Neither their engine or their games...
>>
>>388485543
Cliff B. Left the company and they die.
>>
They ruined Paragon fuck them.
>>
>>388485543
Because the people running the Paragon project (the only remotely interesting thing they've been doing with UE4) are intransigent boobs who don't know what they're doing but will insist up and down that they're taking things in the right direction.
>>
>>388486062
My nigga
>>
File: xargon.gif (23KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
xargon.gif
23KB, 640x400px
xargon's pretty good
>>
You must have missed all the hubbub about Fortnite.
>>
>>
>nobody talks about ue4
Nani the fuck
>>
Whats there to talk about? Almost every new game uses UE4 and Fortnite is their latest game.

Thats it
>>
>>388486175
>>388486062
fucking shitters too dumb to learn how to use cards
>>
>>388487902

Nope. I figured it out easily, had a 80% winrate for the first week of the patch. Theorycrafting and stuff was fun at first, but I found myself playing less and less and having less and less fun.
>>
File: unreal tournament alpha.jpg (346KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
unreal tournament alpha.jpg
346KB, 1920x1080px
They just made what may be the best arena shooter in the genre and then let it on alpha forever to focus on a really shitty MOBA game that will never pick up.
>>
>No one talks about Epic's engine

You are out of your fucking MIND.
>>
>>388488112
fucking brainless no funner doesn't even know how to have fun with the new cards for extended periods of time to infinite amount of time
>>
>>388488130
This game was never hyped up at any point. The only people who know it exists are the ones that already like Arena Shooters.

It's basically a tech demo for their engine.
>>
>>388488112
Don't worry, the game's better now (much faster and more responsive) but certain characters are overpowered as fuck.

Wukong can 3, 4 or 5 v 1 and win.
Kallari has the highest DPS in the game and will drop even the tankiest character in a second or two.
Countess can one-shot anything that's not a tank building tanky.
>>
>>388488212
Did I offend you or something? Believe it or not, its possible to prefer the older versions of the game.
>>
>>388488305
Well it is a demo for their engine as 99 and 2004 were, and still they're the best you can get from that genre. This one is no different.

I mean for real it's just so fucking good. The movement speed, the weapons, the graphics, the style and the meta of the weapons and fast gameplay is really awesome and free. Yet they haven't pushed it beyond, even though they have an already much tighter game than Quake Champions is and seems it will ever be and that one is already on "early access"

Epic are just really dumb ass niggas.
>>
File: 1475538850560.jpg (23KB, 480x442px) Image search: [Google]
1475538850560.jpg
23KB, 480x442px
>EPIC GAMES
>They're not that epic
>>
>>388488501
except its literally not ok to possibly prefer older versions of the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TQ4xyQs0ys&feature=youtu.be&t=16m41s
>>
Their games are just outright bad these days and not worth playing over what other companies offer.
Their engine suffers from several issues as well. I'm never fully happy with how UE games run or behave and it starts with the awful texture streaming all the way to their lack of raw input support.
>>
>>388489593
What's the alternative? Unity?
>>
>>388485543
Unreal engine is kinda all they need
>>
>>388487902
found the wu kong main
>>
>>388489823
That's besides the point - just because the other dev-friendly commercially sold engines aren't better it doesn't mean that UE is suddenly great.
>>
>>388488697
I really am sick of these clowns.
Destroy my favourite game and then turn around and tell me that I'm the problem? Go fuck yourselves.
>>
>>388490521
>literally have facts and statistics which objectively prove the old game was shit and broken
>REEE I want the old game even if it was broken and doomd to fail ree

The main thing you need to take from any of this is that you are a minority.
>>
File: moneymoneymoney.png (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
moneymoneymoney.png
7KB, 259x194px
>>388485543
whats there to talk about? they sold their souls to the devils
>>
>>388488697
>new players have to now log in for 12 days before they can use the whole roster of heroes
>default decks are shit so they get fucked over until they find useful cards through opening chests

how is this better than the older versions? Before new players could use every hero from the start and craft the cards they wanted.
>>
>>388490838
>open chests
>get a billion penny cards and duplicates and you need a billion material to make one decent card
>nu game
>you only need to open like 20 chests to get all the cards you will ever need instead of 200

this version is objectively better for new players and also btfo smurf ban evading noobs. The only people complaining are non new players who think that it would actually hurt new players but they wouldn't ever actually know since they aren't new themselves and want to look for literally anything to complain about. Next patch is going to fix everything :^)
>>
>>388485543
Tyrian would be seriously good if it was modified to play at 9:21 aspect ratio with a 3 or 4 player mode, preferably full game mode as opposed to arcade, though multiplayer super arcade mode would be neat too.
>>
>>388491130
>had to open 200 chests
>next patch will fix everything
>no countess nerf

sure buddy. Also don't lie I started playing in legacy you could make a deck by level 10 if you wanted to. You probably never bought a card pack or never did the weekly challenges.
>>
>>388485543
Everybody and their mother uses the Unreal Engine these days. Epic doesn't really need to do jack shit anymore with the engine licensing money flowing in.
>>
>>388491620
>lying

nigga I was at a disadvantage before the patch because I didn't have at least 6 copies of one costing card upgrades for every time of stat. After the patch my same level was enough to get me every card and rune. They literally have the same amount of card per level except they don't have the individual stat boosting cards. The card count has been reduced like 5 fold are you for real. Literally anyone can look this info up there is nothing to hide or trick anyone into believing anything.
>>
>>388490641
The current game is broken and doomed to fail, so whatever. Enjoy your AIDS-filled brawler while it lasts, chum.
>>
Nigga most of the games today use either UE4 or Unity. They're still raking dosh by doing nothing.
>>
>>388491789
exactly you started before v42 so you got the veteran chests. What about people who decide to try Paragon today with fuck all? The default decks are shit which turns new players off.
>>
>>388491789
>outs himself as one of the casual new audience that Epic are trying to attract and proceeds to tell people that weren't around before things went to shit that the game they remember was bad
If you gave even half a fuck then you could have crafted those cards no problem. I had dozens of minor cards and God only knows how many duplicate four and five point cards before the update.
>>
>>388492175
Then they don't have to deal with the old system and they don't have to get 5x as many cards. My point was even though I was veteran I still didn't have all the cards I needed because their were so many. The new system has 5 time less cards so its literally 5 times easier for a new player to get the new cards.

What the fuck is basic math.
>>
>>388485543
my classmate in college got hired on to them, and he's a total dick. I hope he will be out of a job and will be broke and get AIDS too
>>
shadow complex was breddy gud
>>
>>388492186
Except I literally fucking couldn't. What the fuck how am I someone who wasn't around when the previous system wasn't in place when I'm literally telling you about my veteran chests.

It makes sense why the new game is unappealing to you. because now you have to think instead of getting free wins because of having cards other players don't have. Like how are people still getting shit on by countess and kallari. That is low ELO shit where you pick those to farm people who don't know how to counter with the new system. If you actually gave a shit you would use the new cards to counter.

You are a minority too
>>
UE3 games on PS3/360 ran and looked so bad, I can't believe that shit was industry standard.
>>
>>388492423
>kallari able to one shot carries and casters
>lrn 2 counter

most people left this rotting shit of a game because Epic changed it so much it's a totally different game.They stripped it of everything that made it unique and now they cant decide if its a moba or a brawler and rely on fcking reddit for balancing. It's dead stay in denial if you want
>>
>>388492958
>most people

there you go thinking your a majority when you are a very small minority

feel free to prove it
>>
>>388485543
>Unreal Tournament 4
>Fortnite
>Paragon
Want to take a guess?
>>
>>388493028
>queue up for a game in legacy
>finds one in 3 min
>queue for a game in v42
>15 minutes later.....
>bu but the number of players went higher

notice how Epic gave no proof they just said it, and if its even true most people log in for a daily reward then fuck off
>>
>>388492798
It's (mostly) the tools that make a game engine popular, not graphical features. UE3 had better tools and support than most other engines, and UE4 blows everything out of the water.
>>
>>388493290
>15 minutes later

m8 paragon is free to play. Literally anyone can download the game right and now que a game in 2 minutes right now at this very moment.

Feel free to take a webm of your que time right now and btfo yourself.
>>
File: best_moba.jpg (249KB, 1912x1080px) Image search: [Google]
best_moba.jpg
249KB, 1912x1080px
>>388493383

looks like i was being generous with 15 min..
>>
>>388493383
i also find it hilarious you think just because a game is free to play its got short queue times. Is that why battleborn and evolve have such a huge playerbase?
>>
File: I4fNOl_WQ-mNP3hl-xT1BA.png (4MB, 1883x1332px) Image search: [Google]
I4fNOl_WQ-mNP3hl-xT1BA.png
4MB, 1883x1332px
>>388493586
>region: OCE

nice meme. I literally had to cancel 4 instant ques because as soon as i pressed play I was qued up and I had to cancel it because I couldn't take a screen shot of the estimated time.

>>388493743
double nice meme

I mentioned free to play as in anyone can download the game to know it has 1 minute que times. I don't know why that guy was has been lying since everything can be checked and confirmed. I don't know why you went of on some tangent about some other games as if your post has anything to do with what I was talking about.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.