[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I played Sonic Mania for the first time yesterday. I didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Sonic Levels of Woke.png (895KB, 680x1388px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic Levels of Woke.png
895KB, 680x1388px
I played Sonic Mania for the first time yesterday.

I didn't like it. It played itself. Hold down to win.

Granted in my playthrough I only had enough time to get to Mirage Saloon. Does it get better?
>>
Idk Anon. Are you a fan of Sonic? If no, might as well stop right now.
>>
>>388484834
Yes, but Sonic 1 2 3 and Knuckles all had more platforming interaction than this.
>>
sonic mania is the only good 2d sonic game
>>
>>388483659
>I didn't like it. It played itself. Hold down to win
At least the bait is evolving, I haven't heard "hold down to win" before but it arguably rings more true than the old bait "hold right to win", the roll is pretty damn fucking good in most situations
>>
You have terrible taste and the experience probably won't change for you. so go away.
>>
>>388483659
>>388485036
You've played up to Mirage Saloon, which means you've played Flying Battery, Press Garden and Hydrocity Act 1.

To play these particular levels and say they're "hold down to win" or that they dont have much interaction is just disingenuous, and I think you're just saying it to rile up autists rather than because you actually believe it. If you had said you only got up to Chemical Plant or something, I might've believed it.
>>
>>388485329
To be fair Mania Flying Battery has a lot of speed moments that feel like you're just plowing through it, but it still has jumping to it. Same with Titanic Monarch and like you said Chemical Plant. Rest felt normal though.
>>
>>388485329
Press garden is filled to the brim with hold down, and Hydrocity has tons of those "trainers" with the white gloves that set you up to move yourself.
>>
>>388485519
>Hydrocity has tons of those "trainers" with the white gloves that set you up to move yourself.
He said act 1. Gloves are the 2 gimmick.
>>
>>388485519
>Press garden is filled to the brim with hold down
It's hardly "filled to the brim", it has some speed sections inbetween actual platforming, as do pretty much all of the stages in the game. There's still plenty of hidden routes, exploration and platforming on offer - just as much, if not moreso, than the originals.
>>
>>388485116
"Hold down to win" is pretty true for levels like Chemical Plant and Studiopolis. That's one of the most fun parts of the game though.
>>
>>388487540
>holding down is one of the most fun parts of the game

bait
>>
File: hold right.png (292KB, 600x869px) Image search: [Google]
hold right.png
292KB, 600x869px
Good luck getting all emeralds just by holding down
>>
>Nintenbros are still this fucking mad that Sonic Mania is good
>>
>>388483659
We need an extra step where Sonic Advance is considered Sonic 5-7
>>
>>388488449
>Everyone who disagrees with me is X: a beginner's guide to debate

Nintendo Vs. Sega hasn't been a legitimate thing since 2002. It'd be like comparing Apple with Microsoft today instead of Apple with Google.
>>
>>388487943
Then what else is? The special stages?
>>
>>388489196
Boss fights were pretty good.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.