/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about to play this without having played any of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: header.jpg (47KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
47KB, 460x215px
I'm about to play this without having played any of the previous legend of heroes games. How bad of an idea is it?
>>
>>388475496
Bad, the games shit.
>>
>>388475496
It's a terrible idea because the series is dogshit
>>
>>388475496
Extremely boring game with a shit story.
>>
>>388475496

It's the first one you should play, stupid. The other LoH games have nothing to do with the Kiseki series. Now leave the thread before someone spoils the plot.
>>
>>388475496
Previous games have little to nothing to do whit the game.

Its like FF.

Even Ys a game that has the same protagonist for most of its games and is from the same developer is also mostly standalone stories.
>>
>>388475496
The previous ones aren't canon to the Trails games, you'll just be missing some references here and there.
>>
>>388475496
The gameplay sucks but they've added a native turbo option so now you don't even need cheatengine to get through it. But the story, characters, and world are absolutely worth sitting through it for.
>>
>>388475496
Play the game on a emulator for the fast forward feature. The slow ass combat is hell.
>>
File: 1412260699540.jpg (53KB, 502x496px) Image search: [Google]
1412260699540.jpg
53KB, 502x496px
>>388475761
>Play the crappy PSP version of the game so you can fast forward it, even though you can do the same thing with any PC game using Cheat Engine
>Never mind that they've patched in speed options to the PC version
>>
Trails is it's own series and Sky is the first game in the series so you're picking the right one. It has as much to do with Legend of Heroes as it does with Dragon Slayer, which is to say nothing at all. It just bears the name.
>>
>>388475496
Garbage game
>>
>>388475496
Go in with an open mind and be ready to be comfy.
>>
>>388475548
>>388475576
>>388475623
>>388476421
Incredibly underrated posts.
>>
>>388475496
The other Legend of Heroes games have nothing to do with it yet in terms of plot, it's the beginning of a new "subseries" in a seemingly completely new world.

The game is slow but it's enjoyable.
>>
File: calvard when.png (20KB, 405x646px) Image search: [Google]
calvard when.png
20KB, 405x646px
Calvard when?
>>
>>388477712
>>
Play in order but just read a plot synopsis for FC, SC, Zero and CS1.
>>
>>388477839
Why would you skip half the series, including most of the actually good games? FC is really the only game that can be hard to get through thanks to the shit combat, but turbo mode probably fixes that, not that I'm going to replay it to find out.
>>
>>388478732
It's not like SC or 3rd actually improved the combat any. Chain attacks are the only thing they added and they're completely worthless.
>>
>>388479309
The encounter design and combat balance was improved a lot in SC and 3rd. FC is dull as dirt because it's not just slow, it's trivially easy, just spam arts to win. There is at least some level of thought you need to invest in SC and 3rd which makes them a lot more enjoyable. SC and 3rd are much more enjoyable games, and that's not just due to the improved combat, it's also because they give the Haze orbment early on in both games which makes it so you only have to fight when you want to.

I would still say the combat is the weakest part of those games, but it's nowhere near as bad as it is in FC.
>>
>>388475548
>>388475576
>>388475623
>>388476421
>falcomniggers can't debate these
Lmao
>>
>>388479826
>FC is dull as dirt because it's not just slow, it's trivially easy, just spam arts to win. There is at least some level of thought you need to invest in SC and 3rd which makes them a lot more enjoyable.
I mean, if you think that "cast clock up/ex, spam stone wall / kevin's grail to win" is more interesting then I don't know what to say. The hardest part of SC by far is the prologue chapter because you only have Estelle and Anelace and no access to other quartz.
>>
>>388480289
I'll take that over "spam aerial every turn or hit the s-craft to instantly win". The little bit more thought that goes into SC and Third is enough to make it less dull. Boss fights in particular are a lot better.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.