[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Real talk, why have fighting games become so much worse and dumbed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: game[1].jpg (319KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
game[1].jpg
319KB, 960x1280px
Real talk, why have fighting games become so much worse and dumbed down over the past decade?

fighting games then:

>super turbo
>third strike
>mvc2
>cvs2
>kof02
>guilty gear XX
>virtua fighter 4
>tekken 5 dark resurrection

fighting games now:

>sf4, terrible game
>sfv, no comment needed
>mvc3/mvci
>kof14, objectively worse than older KOFs
>guilty gear rev2, worse than accent core and XX, extremely lenient timings and buffers so execution is retarded simple
>no virtua fighter to be seen
>tekken 7, worse version of 5 with jank supers added
>>
fighting games peaked on the dreamcast
>>
standards for AAA video games have gone up
average costs of development have gone up
you will notice that the price of video games ($50-$60) has not changed in decades
they need to sell even more than before to keep up
games are then aimed to attract larger, more casual audiences
>>
Money
Scrubs
Gaming as a whole
>>
piss ez mechanics that recognizes latency; netplay = less precision = easier mechanics

arcades are dead
"""competitiveness""" is found in mobas
/
>>
File: 1495941827389[1].jpg (297KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495941827389[1].jpg
297KB, 1280x720px
fighting games now are so retarded and easy

the old school games required insane skill, can't say that for the trash today
>>
>>388467351
>sf4, terrible game
>sfv, no comment needed
Trying too hard to be spectator-driven espuertes rather than a fucking videogame

>kof14, objectively worse than older KOFs
Pls don't bully SNK, they're broke.

Franchise just isn't relevant anymore desu senpai
>>
Esports. If it isn't easy to get into, it isn't going to make the money from "Internet personalities"
>>
>>388468000
This, esports is a cancer on fighting games that must be purged
>>
>>388467351
probably because VF4 was so much better than 5. sega doesnt have the talent to make a new VF game that is better than 4, especially when yu suzuki isnt with them anymore.
>>
>>388468565
the reason 5 sucked is because all the talent left and they tried to copy tekken with all the retarded juggles, but it didn't suit VF at all

5 was such shit, I even remember 4 evo being a popular game even amongst normies back in the early-mid 2000s
>>
>>388468450
but it's HYPE™!
>>
>>388467946
this is a pretty good bait image
>>
>>388469582
it's not bait, super combos are for brainlets now
>>
I'd kill for a +R with Xrd's input buffers. Doing simple 5P j.P combos is way harder than it should be.
>>
SSF2 back in the day was seen as dumbing down the game because it rewarded you for getting hit and supers were a comeback mechanic that took skill away from the game

feel free to look at the ancient texts
>>
File: qqo67wwkdtsy.jpg (55KB, 444x311px) Image search: [Google]
qqo67wwkdtsy.jpg
55KB, 444x311px
>>388469958
lol whatever you do you man.
>>
>>388470180
executionlets like you need to be gassed, combos should actually require skill instead of mashing buffered dial combos, you fucking cretin

>>388470201
I sort of agree. I think SF2 is the kind of game that benefits more from not having supers. That's why I play old characters almost exclusively.
>>
>>388467946
>parroting a memorized string of inputs like a monkey
>intelligence
>>
>>388467351
>mvc2
>not dumbed down
Look, I know it's a fan favorite in the FGC, but are people forgetting that Medium Punch and Medium Kick were in all the previous versus games before that point? How the hell is MvC2 not dumbed down compared to what came before it?
>>
>>388470827
MVC1 is just not a good game. MVC2 is busted, yeah, but so are many great games. It's very freeform and allows an insane degree of freedom and going cuhrayzee. It's just great.

How is mvc2 dumbed down? The execution barrier is insane, especially compared to mvc1. Post 5 seconds of you doing any mvc2 infinite please.
>>
>>388470650
>executionlets like you need to be gassed, combos should actually require skill instead of mashing buffered dial combos, you fucking cretin
Funny, that's what capcomtards used to say about the XX series back in the day. I guess you really are some sort oldfag, just pointing the hate at the current generation.
>>
>>388470827
>forgetting that Medium Punch and Medium Kick were in all the previous versus games before that point

mvc2 has medium attacks though, they're just part of the magic series, you tap lights twice and they come out as part of a chain

confirmed for what you're not talking about

also assist buttons allow way more depth in a game like mvc2 than medium attack buttons
>>
Arcades make money by making games hard in order to suck more quarters out of people. Nowadays, games are made easier so as not to frustrate people and push them away.
>>
>>388471085
>Funny, that's what capcomtards used to say about the XX series back in the day.
but marvel and vampire savior have chain combo systems, so if they said that they're retarded

>I guess you really are some sort oldfag, just pointing the hate at the current generation.
no I'm pretty young
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.