[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

just finished cry of fear and looking for more silent hill inspired

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: header.jpg (147KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
147KB, 460x215px
just finished cry of fear and looking for more silent hill inspired horror games. anything you want to recommend bros?
>>
The Evil Within, actually just wait for the sequel - the original was technically incompetent due to replacing the light engine part way through development.
>>
There's a first person source mod that lets you do some stuff in the hospital from SH1 called Alchemilla. Personally, I'd recommend you try out Clocktower the first fear and Rule of Rose since I adored those.
>>
>>388461456
Depends. What are you looking for in your spooky gaming exactly?
Me, I like PS2 style survival horror most, but give almost anything spooky a shot. Have you given the Siren games a shot? What about Fatal Frame?
If you like adventures, Scratches is surprisingly great.
>>
>>388462113
I've heard of siren and fatal frame but haven't played either. I actually downloaded scratches but got bored/lost with it.

I heard afraid of monsters is really great too
>>
>>388462285
Heard good things about that as well, but haven't come around to playing it yet. I heard there's some chick doing weird abstract indie games, kittyhorrorshow or something, that looked really interesting.

Siren is hard as fuck but actually made by Team Silent. Really look into Fatal Frame, especially 2, since these games have their very own flavour that works perfectly.
>>
>>388462285
Almost forgot about Pathologic and the Void.
Not straight horror, but interesting af
>>
>>388461954
Check out Haunting Ground. It was originally a Clock Tower game but the name changed.
>>
File: PDMvhs.jpg (97KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
PDMvhs.jpg
97KB, 620x465px
>>
>>388462768
Would you recommend Haunting Ground to a huge Rule of Rose fan?

I mean, both games got strong doggos.
>>
>>388461456
HOLEE SCHIT

WAAHT THEE FACK IS GOEENG OHN
>>
my favorite thing about these kinds of games is how strangely detached the supporting cast is from the events happening around the main character. really makes me feel like I'm going crazy or something
>>
>>388462515
SIREN WAS NOT MADE BY TEAM SILENT
The creative director of SH1, or whatever the fuck his role was, left TS after 1 and ended up doing Siren with a new team.
>>
>>388462940
Angela in SH2 fucked with me hard.

>>388463020
Sorry for spreading misinformation, then.
>>
>>388461456
Afraid of Monsters
Grey
REmake has a fantastic atmosphere about it

Also, if you want something made in HL1 but is more goofy than scary, check out They Hunger.
>>
>>388462918
I've never played Rule of Rose so I can't say. Considering you can buy HG cheap though, it's most definitely worth checking out.
>>
which is that source mod with the mannequins?
that shit was tight
>>
Darkwood, its on steam.

Yeah, I know, >top down >horror
but it has more in common with silent hill than any other recent game. That, and its cheap.
>>
File: 1442711477750.png (74KB, 265x294px) Image search: [Google]
1442711477750.png
74KB, 265x294px
>>388461456
don't hate on me but

five nights at freddy's 1 has great atmosphere and is incredibly creepy. it also has an eery early 90's CGI look to it that unnerves me and is largely unexplained...at least until its shitty sequels
>>
>>388463318
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwGOWS2svas
>>
>>388463104
>Grey
This mod was really fucking hard. Didn't think anything would top Afraid of Monsters always out of flashlight batteries bullshit.
>>
>>388464125
what I liked about cry of fear was there was actual combat with the monsters it wasn't this run away from scary shit bullshit I've been seeing nowadays
>>
Afraid of monsters was really good. I liked it more than cry of fear but it does feel more like a less polished version.
>>
>>388464563
Combat with the monsters was terrible for most of Cry of Fear's early life though. They'd fucking bug out and clip through walls, detect and hit you across the map. They'd rarely not register you shooting or using the camera on them. I guess I'm glad they fixed most of that.
>>
File: Hangmen.jpg (69KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Hangmen.jpg
69KB, 1024x768px
*blocks your path*
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.