[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular opinions thread Ill start with my JRPG opinions since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

File: 1475247871023.jpg (373KB, 1505x744px) Image search: [Google]
1475247871023.jpg
373KB, 1505x744px
Unpopular opinions thread

Ill start with my JRPG opinions since I have been going though my backlog pretty hard lately

>I loathe dubs. I always try to go for original audio but its rare to have the option
>FFVII was not that good
>FFXII is the best FF so far
>I really like FFXIII
>Vesperia is much better than Symphonia
>Dawn of a New World wasnt that bad
>90%+ of the outfits characters wear in JRPG's look fucking retarded, at least with the males
>I am perfectly fine with the sexualization of women
>PS2 was the greatest thing to happen to JRPG's and had the best JRPG library with the PS1 a close 2nd
>Despite by best efforts to get into JRPG's from the NES/SNES etc consoles, I just cant. They are so bad and boring
>Not a fan of Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross is much much better
>Tactics Ogre and Suikoden is what FF Tactics wishes it was but will never ever be in a million years
>Tactics Ogre is better than Suikoden
>P5 is the best Persona in almost every regard. P4G a close 2nd
>I do not hate Marie at all in P4G, I enjoyed her content a lot, Naoto still best girl
>Persona is better than SMT
>>
mmorpgs are much better as glorified single player games
>>
>>388457883
If you hate dubs you're really going to hate this post
>>
>>388458060
Apply yourself anon

I am disappointed
>>
>>388457982
Yes, like Dragons Dogma.
>>
File: 1451241854257.jpg (54KB, 320x319px) Image search: [Google]
1451241854257.jpg
54KB, 320x319px
Golden Sun has one of the best and most interesting class systems in JRPGs
>>
>>388458296
Too bad nintenbrofagdo killed it
>>
Day of the Tentacle was just okay
>>
>>388457883
>Persona is better than SMT
>>
File: TUROK.jpg (438KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
TUROK.jpg
438KB, 666x666px
— The Order: 1886 is the best game ever made.
— Devil May Cry is a masterpiece. The sequels should be deleted.
— 2008 TUROK shits on the rest of the series. It's not even close.
— Resident Evil's a joke shovelware series. The Evil Within is so much better.
— The Surge > Lords of the Fallen > those chink games people worship.
>>
meat circus is not hard.
platforming in psychonauts is fine.
>>
File: uwu.jpg (69KB, 540x359px) Image search: [Google]
uwu.jpg
69KB, 540x359px
>>388457883
>Naoto still best girl
Good taste. Naoto literally never did anything wrong.
>>
>>388459283
>The Evil Within is so much better
Why, been meaning to play this game but have been hesitating, not sure why
>>
>>388460321
It's Resident Evil 4 without the goofy bullshit.
>>
I prefer Brother Nier over Papa Nier.
>>
>>388460446
>no ashley

Sounds great desu senpai
>>
>>388459423
>platforming in psychonauts is fine.

Do you have autism too?
>>
The whole dragon quest franchise is terrible
Persona games are terrible
Every generation of Pokémon has at least one good title
Dark cloud is nothing special
Ys has easily some of the most rewarding gameplay from any Japanese RPG (if you can call it an RPG)
Mother and chrono trigger are just alright
Dragons dogma was goty 2012
>>
>retard opinions thread
>>
File: sc brain.jpg (835KB, 1456x2042px) Image search: [Google]
sc brain.jpg
835KB, 1456x2042px
Star citizen isn't a proper scam, it's a money laundering operation
>>
>>388460490
To be honest I think that this is actually the favoured opinion, father is better aside from a few inconsistencies
>>
>>388461616
You know what, I fucking believe it.
>>
File: 1458430598479.png (6KB, 219x231px) Image search: [Google]
1458430598479.png
6KB, 219x231px
>>388457883
>>
>>388457883
I think those opinions might be unpopular because they're bad.
>>
>>388462316
Thats your opinion
>>
Starcraft isnt fun
Diablo isnt fun
WoW isnt fun
Team Fortress isnt fun
LoL isnt fun
DoTA isnt fun
Half Life isnt fun
Mario and all those franchises isnt fun
>>
>>388462489
It's more valuable because it's mine.
>>
>>388462691
Its shit
>>
>>388457883
>Unpopular opinions thread
>I loathe dubs. I always try to go for original audio but its rare to have the option
Isn't this something that is so common it is now considered a stereotype among weeaboos?

Anyway my experience is usually the opposite.
>play game with jap only dub
>have to listen to some retard voice actor demonstrating how he can talk through his nose
Thanks Stranger of Sword city. Dropped.
>>
>>388462756
It's gold.
>>
File: 1501204000407.gif (1MB, 760x469px) Image search: [Google]
1501204000407.gif
1MB, 760x469px
>>388462664
>>
>>388457883
>Vesperia is better then Symphonia
Not unpopular friend
>PS2 is the best thing to happen to JRPGS
Agreed it has the best jrpgs that have aged the best but people seem to think the gen before it is better despite aging and not having as many classics.
>Persona is better then SMT
Not unpopular but wrong nonetheless
>>
>>388457883
I've tried and tried, but I cannot get into Dragon's Dogma at all. They told me it wasn't like a JRPG at all, but it plays exactly like one, the combat is boring, the world is dull and the gameplay is lame.

It's not a terrible game, but it's very mediocre and I can't understand why people love it so much. RPGs are pretty much the only games I play and I have rarely been as disappointed after seeing a game be hyped so much and talked about with such reverence.
>>
>>388463032
>>388457883
I really don't get how you can consider the ps2 the jrpg classic. It has like FF12, nocturne, a couple other megaten games VP2 and that's about it.
>>
Star Fox Zero was a bad game.

Wii U was a disappointment. Nintendo hasn't been good since the NES days. The best Fire Emblem game is POR.
>>
>>388463304
>thats it

Are you fucking retarded
>>
>>388460321
The intro of the game is very fun and spooky, but I thought the rest of the game was very boring so I dropped it 8 hours in
>>
>>388463521
Feel free to name them then. I guess the dot hack games were decent.
>>
>Dark Souls 2 had the best PVP

Souls PVP has never been good in the grand scheme its just a side thing. But ill always prefer DaS3s even Bloodborne despite all their trash in it as well.

>DaS2 has shit movement that is good for PVE but for PVP feels stupid and everyone just uses weapons that thrust/the warped sword with bs hitboxes so that take advantage/arent effected by the turning
>The netplay even in Sotfs is filled with shit connections/bad latency that makes phantom range hits even more common then DaS3 combined with bad hitboxes
>You need a competent build despite good decision making just to compete where as DaS3 you can enter the arena with a +10 weapon and by default have a chance.

Its just trash. I see the same weapons over and over people turtle with fast ass weapons basically only doing running attacks if you cannot parry them at the time otherwise doing nothing.
>>
>>388463304
Wild Arms 3/4
Shadow Hearts 1/2 and even From the New World
.Hack IMOQ
.Hack GU 1-3
Nocturne
DDS1
DDS2
Raidou
Persona 3/4
FF12
FFX
Xenosaga 1-3
Tales games

Probably a few more off the top of my head like Suidoken titles. Wild Arms 5 etc.
>>
>>388463928
I said nocturne and I said other megaten games. I don't care for FFX, as a Gears fans I wasn't a huge fan of the Xenosaga games. Tales games are decent, so point there. SH1 and 2 are good but 3 is kind of crap imo. Didn't ever play Wild Arms. I also named .hack.

Suikoden V was good but 4 was fucking awful.
>>
Masturbation > Sex

You know this to be true. Sex is a hassle.
>>
>>388464229
I'm not catering to your personal taste anon. This was about the amount of potentially notable or solid PS2 JRPGs. I can name 20 or so off the bat in that post and can now think of others like Dark Cloud/Grandia 3.
>>
>>388463638
Ar Tonelico
Alter Iris
Breath of Fire
Dark Cloud
Disgaea
.Hack/
Dragon Quest
Ephemeral Fantasia
Eternal Poison
Final Fantasy
Grandia
Kingdom Hearts
La Pucelle Tactics
Legaia 2
Magna Carta
Makai Kingdom
Mana Khemia
Phantom Brave
Phantasy Star
Radiata Stories
Sakura Wars
Shadow Hearts
SHin Megami Tensei
Star Ocean
Suikoden
Sword of Etheria
Tales of
Valkyrie Profile
Wild Arms
Xenosaga
Ys

Just a few
>>
I think difficulty settings in most types of games are cancer and/or completely pointless, with a few notable exceptions such as TWEWY.
>>
>>388464413
Kill yourself.
>>
>>388464413
Why is that game the exception?
>>
>>388464370
>>388464396
Yeah there's a lot of good stuff in there I missed. As a BoF fan I kind of resent seeing it on that list, but I guess it's a good game even if it wasn't what I wanted.

I still think if I could only ever have one jrpg console it would be ps1.
>>
>>388457883

chrono trigger is horrendously terrible and boring. i have never and will never understand the love.
>>
Im excited for Wolfenstein 2
>>
>>388464502
Plot goes full retard with the time travel shit
>>
>>388464502
It's a fantastic rpg made by many of the greatest people involved in jrpgs. It's fine if you don't like it but it's a superb game.

>>388464607
I get the impression you just don't like time travel because the game is coherent and straight forward.
>>
>>388464491
Thats why PS1 and PS2 are holy grails of JRPG's
>>
>>388464862
SNES is up there too imo, but maybe I'm just an old man with nostalgia.
>>
>>388465015
Its nostalgia. Those graphics, music, mechanics, features, etc and all the limitations are so bad it takes away from anything good
>>
n64 had the best jrpg
>>
>>388465349
I disagree, but it's nice to get a kid's perspective on things.
>>
>>388464814

The combat in virtually all JRPGs is fucking terrible and boring. This applies to Chrono Trigger even with the gimmicky action time that doesn't do much to make it feel different from other turn based games. It may as well be turned based and still relies on the same boring formula. Maybe if there were far fewer battles it might be interesting, but the fact that it takes up about 95% of the playtime is atrocious. Battles are hands down the worst part of any JRPG, so why the fuck do they take up by far the most time? It's terrible design and Chrono Trigger is no exception.
>>
>>388465469
Chrono Trigger was one of if not the first jrpgs to actually let you just run by battles. And you not liking them doesn't make them bad man. I don't like platformers and think they're mindless simple garbage, but that doesn't mean it's true.
>>
>>388465461
Enjoy your 10 pixels moving around on the screen grandpa
>>
>>388464413
I mostly agree, I feel like a lot of developers these days have a hard time creating a game with whatever their desired difficulty might be, so the difficulty selection's just there to lazily remedy that even if it's just for enemies to have more health or whatever
>>
Sports games are a blight on the industry but normie gamers are even worse

Everything bad that exists is from normie gamers

>censorhip
>diveristy
>politics
>micro transactions
>dlc

And so much more
>>
>>388465927
I do sonny.
>>
>>388466323
Good dlc is equivalent to expansion packs and the first 3 have never affected a game that wasn't going to be shitty anyway. If all you play is AAA big name games you have only yourself to blame.
>>
>>388465349
reckon a lot of snes-era mechanics are pretty outdated (or at least SHOULD be outdated) when it comes to rpgs, but I think the graphics on the best of snes titles, for example everything included on that snes mini, have aged really well with the exception of maybe starfox and f-zero - probably more so than the more ambitious 32 and 64 bit era consoles even
>>
>>388466861
I think the ps1 has some of the best 2d games in terms of looks though. Legend of Mana for example.
>>
>>388467298
Had a look at some screenshots. Yeah, looks pretty solid - nicer than valkyrie profile for whatever reason imo, probably just brighter palette
Some things like castlevania SotN barely look any different from some of the nicer 16-bit titles to me though. But i guess for those higher budget games round then it's the 3d titles that generally don't age as well visually, for snes, ps1 and n64
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.