[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was so bad about this game's execution? Barring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 4426-lbgnxnbtxz.jpg (45KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
4426-lbgnxnbtxz.jpg
45KB, 400x400px
What was so bad about this game's execution? Barring the story of course.
>>
thoroughly ugly looking game
awful frame rate
trash level design

i don't feel it's unique chose your path mechanic is enough to warrant it as worth playing even once
>>
Kill all enemies to open a box with a spring. Kill all good/bad enemies in level to unlock a different story path. Repeated shitty boss fights. Needing to replay story mode at least 10 times to get true ending. Annoying repeated side character dialogue. Hero meter ability chaos control can hit the goal ring and ruin the dark/hero path. Many weapons were not fun compared to others. Vehicle controls didn't feel good. Headache color schemes in certain levels like alien ship. Lame supershadow fight.
>>
>>388441565
Having to kill all enemies for some missions was a pain. Other than that and the final level I thought it was fine, story not withstanding. Nice solid little title, not amazing but fun to go through once
>>
Its a sloppier Sonic Heroes with a poor gunplay system added.
>>
Everything in this thread plus the fact the controls are Sonic Heroes' but somehow worse.
>>
Controls were garbage
Levels were garbage
Having to play garbage first level 10 times to finish the game was garbage
Hunt quest objectives were garbage
Music was pretty good for the most part though so people will tell you it's a misunderstood classic for some reason
>>
>>388444159

Its a Sonic game. The music is always good.
>>
>>388444257
https://youtu.be/HxP0n7h_914
>>
File: gun commander.png (116KB, 338x249px) Image search: [Google]
gun commander.png
116KB, 338x249px
https://youtu.be/7XeERJ-elgM?t=56s

10/10 boss
>>
The game wasn't the most stable - framerate wasn't too great for how fast the game could move and minor bugs like misread homing attacks lead to bullshit deaths on occasion. On top of that, any objective more intensive than "reach the goal" stood at odds with the game being a Sonic title and it felt like it wanted to be a full blown action adventure at the same time, an issue that plagued the Adventure titles as well but was carried over into Shadow. That all said, 14 year old me still loved the game.
>>
>>388443926
The gunpkay was find. I was actually surprised how quick and easy it was to lock on and take down enemies with them.

Id say it was the only good thing in the game, tripfag
>>
File: edg.jpg (45KB, 600x354px) Image search: [Google]
edg.jpg
45KB, 600x354px
>>388441565
It's the same shoddy slippery controls featured in Sonic Heroes.
I thought the game was fun past the "it's edgy and bad", but I've had too many parts where I thought "damn, this tight corner would've worked if this were adventure controls".
Shooting and running is somehwat entertaining.
>>
>>388441565
It's a dull and boring game at its core
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.