[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this remake have shitty level design or am I just stupid?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Black Mesa.jpg (41KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
Black Mesa.jpg
41KB, 460x215px
Does this remake have shitty level design or am I just stupid? I don't know how you were supposed to know the solution to the conveyor belt maze or the shit with the buoys beforehand because you never had to do that sort of stuff in the game before. And some of the levels don't really have any clear sense of direction.
>>
Just stupid
>>
>>388438317
You're just stupid.
>>
100% Stupid.
>>
>>388438979
>>388439117
>>388439192
Then enlighten me on what indication the game gives to the solutions. And you can't say through playing the first game because not all the levels are the same.
>>
>>388439283
It's not a requirement that the game holds your hand. You figure it out, or you don't.
>>
Pulling this totally out of my ass but I'll guess that the original had lighting that pointed you in the right direction whereas BM was just focused on making areas look pretty
>>
>>388439283
You could move the buoys. That's really all indication I needed to figure it all by myself.
No clue what you mean by conveyor maze. I hope you don't mean that simple shit at the beginning of we've got hostiles.
>>
>>388439450
That started with portal 1, I think?
>>
>>388439525
No, the one with the lines of conveyors and the final solution is putting a random box and barrel on the last belt to blow up the mines. But said boxes and barrels are tucked away and there's no indication, lighting or otherwise, that they'd be of any importance.
>>388439450
If this was a thing with the original, it sure isn't here. I've had a fine time with most of the game but I still feel like some of the levels have open space and useless corridors for the sake of being bigger and I still feel like some of these solutions had nothing pointing to them, maybe if what you did throughout the game was more consistent but it wasn't to that point.
>>
It IS somewhat cluttered, but not anymore so than most modern games.
You're just stupid.
>>
>>388439859
Do you mean in Residue Processing? I'm pretty sure you can just shoot the mines.
>>
>>388440038
You can't. Maybe in an older iteration of Black Mesa but you can't anymore.
>>
File: 1503027680486.jpg (97KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1503027680486.jpg
97KB, 350x350px
>>388440096
figured i might not be the only one to notice i couldnt shoot the fuckers last night. kind of seems stupid since you can shoot other ones further on. I just tanked the blasts because even props werent triggering the bastards for me
>Mfw
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.