[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why hasn't anyone made a pixel graphics indie version of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

Why hasn't anyone made a pixel graphics indie version of The Sims? You'd think with the trend of indie games with pixel graphics and success EA had with the game, it would follow.
>>
because people would just play the sims
>>
>>388420994
because thats actually hard to do, notice how there are basicly no isometric pixel games made, because those are way harder to do than top down or side view
>>
Probably because it's hard to do and requires a lot of money.
>>
Because spriting things is harder than modeling them. You model them once and then make animations using the same model. You make one sprite, then you have to make a bunch of other sprites.
>>
File: cabs.gif (8KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
cabs.gif
8KB, 256x256px
>>388422527
this
Gave up on a 2D arcade tycoon game very quickly and just started learning 3D instead. Way less time consuming.
>>
>>388422527
>>388422857

You can create sprites from 3d models.
>>
>>388424860
Yeah, double the work, good idea anon.
>>
>>388424939

It's not double the work. You automagically create the sprites by having a computer turn your model or manually rig it.
>>
>>388424981
And then you have to fix the sprites because they won't come out as you want them to.
Then you need to rework your model and redo the process again.

This shit isn't as simple as you think, especially if you want to sell it to people.
>>
Pixel is shit

Sims is one of those game where more details = better

I do want a competitor though to challenge EA's scum marketing
>>
>>388425087

dum!
>>
>>388425363
Do you have anything to say? Or Are you just going to mash your head against he keyboard?
>>
>>388425474

huu!
>>
>>388425518
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Huu%21

Sorry buddy, I am not one of your kind.
>>
Just play the Sims 1 and squint really hard.
>>
File: c2.png (655KB, 582x570px) Image search: [Google]
c2.png
655KB, 582x570px
Who wants a copy of the Sims 3? I can also do the Sims 1, 2 and 4 if anybody wants.
>>
Because Sims looks so simple like a dollhouse on the outside but the coding beneath is a entirely different conplexmonster

If indie cucks in san francisco dont even bother to pay for art direction, do you think theyd even bother to even Play test something as complex as the sims
>>
>>388421984
>because those are way harder to do than top down or side view
Er, no.
>>
File: 4da.jpg (89KB, 890x656px) Image search: [Google]
4da.jpg
89KB, 890x656px
>>388427928
>every single object and character has to be drawn and/or animated EIGHT times to represent each direction

Even if you create your sprites out of 3d models, the workload is still dramatically higher.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.