[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I finally got around to this and so far, it's pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 5819808.jpg (233KB, 1600x740px) Image search: [Google]
5819808.jpg
233KB, 1600x740px
So, I finally got around to this and so far, it's pretty fucking great.

Still, it's got me thinking about Castlevania and the possibility of the series making a return to the Metroidvania style eventually. I like the hand drawn look but generally prefer pixel/sprite based work.

Is that kind of work just too difficult and expensive now? When I say pixel art, I don't mean shit like Dead Cells, I mean shit like SotN and Metal Slug; pixel art designed to convey detail and movement and look very animated, etc.

It seems like 2.5D is just cheaper than a proper pixel based game since most devs opt for that when possible. Is that the case? I know pixel artists are becoming less and less common.

How much work went into Sonic Mania? Is Taxman the last of a dying breed?
>>
tbqh i thought it was too difficult for my tastes and i could have done without the obligatory lose-your-souls-on-death mechanic that now appears on every game since demon souls. i'm not generally faulting the game for being difficult and i don't think damage or deaths were necessarily unfair, but personally i started to lose interest in retreading the same areas 20 times because the boss has an insane healthbar and failed attempts to heal still use mana
>>
>>388419954
>lose-your-souls-on-death mechanic
Does your geo get lost permanently if you die again? I've never not retrieved it.
>>
Draw something with your hand.
Takes two seconds and usually looks alright.

Try that with pixel work and it's a hot mess. Pixel work is hard as fuck and complicated.
>>
>>388419954
There is no healthbars
>>
>>388420104
Yes.
>>
Do I need a controller for this?
>>
I'm not one to cry "shill", but I've always found these Hollow Knight posts to be suspect.
>>
File: hollow knight.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hollow knight.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>388420601
>>
>>388420673
It's a Metroidvania with good art, gameplay, music and way way more content than the average indie game. Game's just good.
Takes me back to Cave Story in a lot of ways, although it isn't free.
>>
File: 1480072693108.png (320KB, 1100x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1480072693108.png
320KB, 1100x1000px
>>388420673
>>
File: 1479408833231.png (74KB, 617x851px) Image search: [Google]
1479408833231.png
74KB, 617x851px
qute
>>
I also just got around to playing it.

15 hours in and am just getting the dream nail. Im so shit but its fun
>>
>>388420673

Hollow Knight is fucking awesome though
>>
>>388420673
You are obviously one to cry shill.
>>
I still need to explore the new content.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.