[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'd like to try Atelier games. However, I've never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 10

I'd like to try Atelier games. However, I've never played any of them, and there's a lot of titles and I am very confused. On top of that, I can afford to play maybe 1-3 games in the entire series max, due to lack of time. Plus I am a casual so I'd prefer an easier game in the series, but still good. It's just that the time limit scares me.

Any recommendations where to start? Which game to get? I have PC, PS3 and PS4 available. It would also be nice if I could follow the storyline and not get confused by starting with a second or third game in the series/sub-series. Thanks so much for the help.
>>
>>388419220
they're all godawful games
>>
>>388419220
Play the Arland and first 2 dusk games. Avoid the rest.
>>
>>388419347
Thanks, but I am willing to try them.

>>388419396
Thank you so much. How many games are there in the Arland series? I guess I should start with the first one in the Arland series? Sorry for awful questions. I am just confused as there's a lot of that.
>>
Play Rorona+ on PS3.
>>
>>388419503
>>388419540
both arland and rorona are shit
>>
>>388419503
3 and start with Totori > Meruru > Rorona+.

Don't play the original Rorona.
>>
>>388419503
Rorona+>Totori>Meruru
Avoid NG+ on Rorona+ before playing Torori and Meruru if you don't want to get spoiled.
Dusk go Ayesha>Escha&Logy
>>
Fuck everyone else.

Play Rorona first. If you like it you will like every game up to Shallie at least. They get better in terms of game mechanics.
>>
>>388419712
>>388419751
Thanks a lot. So basically I should play in the following order: Totori -> Meruru -> Rorona+, yes?
>>
>>388419848
No. Basically those games usually come in trilogies and the protagonist of the previous game becomes the teacher of the protagonist of the next game. Rorona is the first arland alchemist you play, she's totoris teacher.

Rorona+ -> Totori -> Meruru is the way to go.
>>
Thanks a lot
>>
>>388420209
Don't get discouraged if you fuck up a lot in your first playthrough. You can always do NG+.
>>
>>388419220
Young Rorona > old Rorona > loli Rorona
>>
>>388420285
I probably will. Time limits, whatever it entails in Atelier games, stress me out a lot. I feel like I missed stuff after finishing the game.
>>
>>388420435
Totori makes my dick the hardest though
>>
File: Wait-No-Ah-Stop.jpg (38KB, 530x275px) Image search: [Google]
Wait-No-Ah-Stop.jpg
38KB, 530x275px
>>388419503
>>388419848
You are being led down the wrong path in life. The Arland series is without a doubt much more strict and punishing than the Dusk series. The Dusk series is still ongoing for a reason, because it's easier for people to get into.

The Arland series gives people a false sense of security, by making it appear to be a game series for girls, before it throws engineering formulas and advanced scheduling at you. In the Arland series, you will have to plan out your schedule a month in advance and stick to it. If a day dedicated to farming materials falls short, you have to load a save, and try all over again. If you are going for a platinum trophy, things only become much worse.
>>
File: slut.jpg (356KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
slut.jpg
356KB, 1000x700px
Are there any fans from the Mana Khemia/Rorona times that still like the newest games? Removal of time limits was too much for me.
>>
>>388420620
I absolutely hated sophie to the point where I didn't even touch firis.
>>
>>388420603
>play dark souls 2, it's better than 1, the post
>>
>>388420620
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWgF8sfu5gw
Atelier Sophie sets up Atelier Firis. In Firis, there is a year to improve in alchemy, but there is an exam at the end. That exam requires you to do a randomly changing quiz portion, an item making portion that is judged off of traits and quality, and two battles, one against your rival and one against Sophie. It's hard for new players that do not spam level-downs and use advanced bombs.
>>
File: 1503612469728.png (459KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1503612469728.png
459KB, 848x1200px
>>388420603
Dusk has been obliterated already, you know its last game was Shallie.

It's been the Mystery series for a long time now, you fucking dingus.

Escha and Logy in the Mystery games are nothing more than Gust trying to make another Pamela.
>>
File: Atelier_Shallie_cover.jpg (30KB, 293x339px) Image search: [Google]
Atelier_Shallie_cover.jpg
30KB, 293x339px
Is the original Atelier Shallie worth playing if I don't have access to the Vita Plus version?
>>
>>388420620
I just made that slut and I must force myself to continue. I'm waiting for the Marie&Elie translation to be out.
>>
>>388421712
>Is atelier Shallie worth playing
no
>>
>>388419220
Goddamn I want to marry Rorona.
>>
>>388421712
It's shit. Plus adds Ayesha and Logy and didn't resolve anything.
>>
I'm playing Atelier Firis on PC and I'm loving every moment of it.

Is there something wrong with me?
>>
>>388419220
gust fucking sucks can't make a sequel and its the same shit
>>
File: 1503086562699.jpg (314KB, 765x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1503086562699.jpg
314KB, 765x1350px
>>388419220
If you can procure a Vita, then the best Atelier games you have to play in order is Rorona+, Totori+ then Meruru+

Rorona is the first of the new generation atelier games for PS3 and its goes back to the original formula of the series but with improvements. the Rorona+ versions has improved QoL and the UI is more intuitive for alchemy.

Totori+ is the same, it builts on what Rorona+ offers.

Meruru+ is the ulimate refinement of the formula. also, the plus version is the ultimate test if you have been paying attention to alchemy. the revamped bosses in Machina dungeon have better stats and new behaviors that your setup in original Meruru won't work.
The addition of mutated bosses also adds new difficulty and tests on how good your alchemy is.
>>
>>
>>388422230
Just shit taste, like most PC users.
>>
>>388419220
Start with Rorona Plus. Make sure to turn on jap audio.
>>
Does the NIS Store ever have sales? I want to get a limited edition version but that shit is way overpriced.
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 261x193px
Taru!
>>
File: 16314261.jpg (19KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
16314261.jpg
19KB, 250x250px
>>388422452
>>
>>388420620
Yeah I dropped the series after time limits disappeared. To me they were what made the games interesting to begin with. It's a shame because I do like the art styles of the newer games, too.
>>
>>388419220
I know the Arland series is available on Vita, but I think you can find them on home console PlayStations as well.
Order to play:
Rorona Plus
Totori (Plus, if you can)
Meruru (Plus, if you can)
Beware that the postgame in Rorona Plus has spoilers from the later games in the Arland series, since it's technically the newest game. So if you want to be spoiler free then stop playing when you've won the game/gotten an ending. You also might need to find a guide in order to get the true end, but you should do at least one, possibly two playthroughs before doing so.
>>
>>388422852
People like you have ruined the series. So I have every right to complain about your shitty taste.
>>
>>388420620
>we want the neptunia audience
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.