[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've just started playing through pic related, and holy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 12

File: header.jpg (35KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
35KB, 460x215px
I've just started playing through pic related, and holy shit, how can anybody defend this? Seriously, I've played through both demon's souls and dark souls, and this is just a husk of what those games are. It's ridiculous, it is litter ally artificial difficulty: the game. I had heard things, but man, I never thought it would actually be this bad. Whenever you see an enemy you agro at least 3 other enemies. When they attack you the wont EVER break their lock on, you literally always have to wait until the last second to roll. Agility is a bullshit stat that slows everything down. The fact that enemies stop spawning is also complete bullshit. I like the environments so far, but just knowing the fact that they aren't interconnected irks me to no end. Does it actually get any better /v/?
>>
>>388409502
Ds2 is the worst in the Souls game series
>>
>>388409627
I just can't believe how much it is defended here on /v/
like, i have to wonder, are they trolling? are they literal retards? I just don't understand. This game is awful
>>
Play base game with dlcs, in scholar they just made everything worse with "mah difficulty" enemies placement and fuckin statues everywhere. There's a reason why speedrunners don't run scholar
>>
>>388409502
>you literally always have to wait until the last second to roll

So you have trouble cause you can't spam rolls?

>>388409502
>The fact that enemies stop spawning is also complete bullshit

Join the champion covenant or use bonfire ascetics.

>Agility is a bullshit stat that slows everything down

At least it is actually useful, and so is every stat in the game as opposed to Res being useless in DS1 and vit in DS3.
>>
>>388409502
>im bad so the game is bad
lmao
>>
>>388410079
i always hear people saying that sotfs fixed everything. It's what i'm playing through right now. Why is it worst? Also, another fucking thing that pisses me off in this game is that i can never be sure that there aren't active enemies left. In das and des if you killed the enemies in a room,or just didn't agro them you could leave the game running and nothing would happen. When i do this in this game after a couple of minutes a random enemy will show up from the other side of the map and start attacking me
>>
>>388410226
>you literally always have to wait until the last second to roll
Say what you wan't man, but the game just feels sticky and awful

>>388410261
I'm not bad, having completed both previous games, a few times, and loving them, I'm confident in saying that I am at least an above average player. And I'm not having fun. I'm playing though the game, there are things i actually do like, like the life gems or the way your total hp decreases as you die. I just am not having anywhere near as much fun as i was with the previous games, and if you want to claim that it's my fault, then go for it
>>
>>388409502
>Does it actually get any better /v/?

It gets a lot worse.
The further you get the more unfinished the areas become, the world becomes more incoherent, the controls will always suck and you'll get showered in recovery items and equipment that the game loses any kind of tension which gets further ran down with the ability to warp anywhere from the getgo.
>>
>>388410493
The roll gets better when you level ADP tho.
>>
The only thing objectively bad about DaS 2 is agility. Everything is absolutely fine.
>>
File: 1503307071100.jpg (592KB, 800x1249px) Image search: [Google]
1503307071100.jpg
592KB, 800x1249px
>>388410493
then dont play it? these threads happen at least 10 times a day you are not forced to play a video game you don't enjoy
>>
Just go to a bonfire, they are littered throughout the whole game.
>>
>>388410269
They made graphics slightly better and that's propably the only good "fix". Enemies placement doesnt make any sense with 5+ mobs chasing you at once. Statues blocking alternative paths so you have less freedom, retarded item placement and many more "fixes" i propably forgot. You are better playing base ds2 with mods and controller deadzone fix
>>
>>388409502
get 94 AGL
>>
>>388410621
Yeah man those shitty designed locations from shitty nes games are fine
>>
>>388410818
>>
>>388410006
/v/ is hipster trash. They try to pretend they have different taste from normies by shitting on good games and praising shitty ones
>>
File: this is fine for 2014.jpg (407KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
this is fine for 2014.jpg
407KB, 1920x1080px
>>388410621
>>
>>388410865
105*
>>
>>388410660
>you are not forced to play a game you don't like
And this is where you are wrong m8. This is /v/, people will push through every game they dislike only for the purpose of being able to tell you it's shit. I don't even come here anymore for constructive feedback or anything, I just come here to laugh about all these autists here who barely have anything better to do with their time than playing games they dislike solely for the purpose of ranting. This place is filled with sadness
>>
I tried playing in Company of Champions my first time and found it to be 10 times more difficult than anything in DS1. I didn't even finish it. Is CoC actually the way you're 'supposed' to play or not?

>>388410079
is there a way to do this on PC?
>>
>>388410079
Yeah because they want to get through it as fast as possible. What a retarded argument.
>>
>>388411076
http://store.steampowered.com/app/236430/DARK_SOULS_II/
>>
Worst game in the series, all of /v/ knows this. Still spent 200 hours more than with DaS3. Git gud

>>388410709
>complaining about bonfires when DaS3 exists

>>388410079
SotFS is easier
>>
>>388411154
I already own SOTFS. No way to just revert it?
>>
>>388410079
>speed runners don't run scholar
That's because in vanilla ds2 the route is faster and easier
>>
>>388411186
SOTFS is literally better in every way, dont listen to these retards
>>
>>388411190
It's also way less fun
>>
>>388411186
Just torrent it and play the first few areas and decide for yourself which you like better
>>
>>388410660
>these threads happen at least 10 times a day
>you are not forced to play a video game you don't enjoy
/v/ is a board to discuss vidya. This is literally its main purpose. And to say nobody is forcing me to play it is just ending the conversation. I know nobody is forcing me to play it, but as somebody who loved the previous 2 bits to bits, this is a huge disappointment, and i should be allowed to discuss the reasons why it is
>>
>>388411281
I don't really see how scholar is less fun than vanilla since its the same fucking game only with some engine overhauls and better/ more interesting enemy placement
I got around 300 hours in both and I feel like sotfs was a nicer upgrade to the game
>>
>>388409502
You're right that DeS and DaS are better but Git Gud.
>>388410006
It's easy bait. Might even be the same reason you posted this thread.
It's a popular series but with glaring flaws in each release that are sometimes fixed in subsequent releases (though also sometimes just forgotten the next game) as well as a fanbase that started with different games at different points in time. The games in the series are also the only good examples of this very specific type of gameplay.
You're going to get a constant influx of people invested in the series that defend or shit on each game either because they like the game the most or they like another game less or just because they're falseflagging for (you)s without ever reaching a proper consensus.
>>
>>388409502
I feel like it's really just a matter of taste. I have yet to play ds3, but so far, I felt like Sotfs was the easiest and most accessible. Settings and designs are probably the weakest in the series, but from the mechanics, personally I enjoyed it the most so far.

I really wouldn't call it defended. It's just since the psn sale a few months ago, new players seem to have played it, that may not be the "hardcore" souls fans.

Tl;Dr
Treat it as a spinoff for faguals, the same way smt fans shun persona fans
>>
>>388409502
I hate DS2 for all the usual reason, bad gameplay, shitty design, floaty, and the rest of it.
However, it did do some things very right.

>The pvp is not backstab only.
Still unplayable because the base combat sucks, but the nerfed backstabs are great.

>Items and stuff unlocked only in NG+
They barely done this, but actually having a reason to play NG+ is nice. Of course nobody wants to play DS2 again after beating it.

And actually that's about it.
>>
>>388411076
What do people think about Company of Champions?

I hated the enemy despawning (mocking the player instead of letting them improve is cancer) and was told to join the covenant to remove it. But it DOES alter difficulty other than that right? Most people just laugh when I say DS2 is harder than 1 yet I feel like nobody ever mentions CoC.
>>
>>388411861
I used it to farm awestones to get the fisting ring
>>
>>388411461
If placing enemies in areas that doesn't make sense in lore just to artificialy boost difficulty is better placement for you then i have no words. You would propably enjoy it even more if they put sentries and pursers in every single room
>>
>>388409627
It's the second best in the series.
Best k#is bloodborne
>>
>>388412257
>muh lore
>>
File: 1370892818251.jpg (228KB, 955x1058px) Image search: [Google]
1370892818251.jpg
228KB, 955x1058px
Dark souls 2 was so disappointing on release
With an extra 8 months to a year of work and it could have been the best souls game by far, instead it's a dumpster fire
>>
>>388412257
>sentries and persuers
I would actually play that since the persuer is a pretty easy enemy
>>
>>388411897
and what else
>>
+Most replay value
+Best DLC areas
+Best/Most creative characters and setting (e.g. Lucatiel of Mirrah)
+Best/Most fun items and builds (e.g. disc chime)
+Best looking armors (faraam, mirrah set etc)
+Best PvP+best factions
+Most polished controls without becoming Bloodborne
+Most interesting approach to area mechanics (Bonfire ascetics and burning in general)
+Best secrets (e.g. hidden shadows only visible with torches)

The only thing you can give DS2 shit for is that the project was too big and as a result less polished. But the game itself is still the most interesting

This is the truth.

If you disagree you are probably a child or an uncultured swine.

>I've just started playing through pic related

Or haven't really played it. Big surprise.
>>
>>388412583
That's what SotfS is there for
>>
>>388412917
Oh yeah.... also better NG+ than DS1
Can't speak for DS3, since that wasn't even interesting enough to play it more than once.
>>
>>388412964
SOFTS was just dark souls 2 with a plaster applied
It fixed none of the issues of the game
>>
>>388410006

They like what isn't popular. DA2 is the black sheep.

Go play Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 instead.
>>
File: expectations & reality.jpg (601KB, 1505x1780px) Image search: [Google]
expectations & reality.jpg
601KB, 1505x1780px
>>388412964
And it still features nearly every issue the vanilla game had and isn't even remotely close to the originally intended version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Qj2BkF7jh4
>>
It's a hard game and that's why I like it. Using the term "artificial difficulty" just proves how retarded you are. Having to fight multiple enemies at once is actual difficulty, not artificial difficulty, whatever the fuck that means. Retard. Losing max health upon dying is another fantastic feature that all the games should have, but get removed because of casual trash like you.
>>
>>388412917
No souls game has good PVP, but 2 is even lower on the scale due to the deliberate cockblocking of invasions via the lack of a red eye orb
>>
>>388413065
>It fixed none of the issues of the game

It fixed most issues I had with the buttfuck retarded area balance that DS2 had.

>>388413128
>muh alpha build

You gotta let go anon
>>
Two is better than three however the DLC areas in two and three are both garbage.
>>
>>388409502
>You literally always have to wait until the last second to roll

And unlike Dark Souls you will fucking roll, too. No bullshit startup frames and enemies don't have early hitboxes.

Recovery on attacks is longer but startup is faster here too. 2h movesets don't sacrifice clearing ability either. iThe combat is honestly much better in Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>388413298
>DLC areas in two and three are complete garbage

How the fuck is it even possible to have an opinion this bad and wrong
>>
>>388413353
DS is all about the story
>>
>>388413128
That is such a retarded screenshot.

You people do realize you'd never have walked around the area behind the bridge right?
I'm not saying the idea is bad or it looks bad, but the actual area is that tiny little village to the right, which is pretty much exactly what the hole looks like in final build.

You are literally posting this a thousand times, essentially complaining over a cut background.
>>
>>388410006
Because it's the only game in the series that actually balanced the combat. That's 100% fact.
>>
I played through DS2 many times, then I immediately bought SotFS when that came out and played through it many more times. I finished DS3 and never picked it back up again until both DLCs were released, at which point I slogged through the main game again reluctantly, enjoying its few bright spots. DS3 is undeniably the more polished game, but after all the things DS2 brought to the table like the sheer size and expansiveness of the world and punishing mechanics and variety and non-linearity, DS3 just felt like a step backwards in far too many ways.
>>
File: gutterkegs.jpg (267KB, 1719x934px) Image search: [Google]
gutterkegs.jpg
267KB, 1719x934px
>>388413406
>pretty much exactly what the hole looks like in final build.

Yeah, I fondly remember the ruins it's built upon, the bar with the giant kegs, the giant pile of garbage with the collapsed buildings and Narshandra statue in it or the odd obelisk.
>>
>>388413171
It's not artificial in the sense that it's difficult, but it makes the game so bad and boring. Having to wait 2 minutes for a tiny opening feels like a chore, and that's for the entire game
>>
>>388413954
Why lie and say it wasn't hard for you? Video games should be punishingly difficult, otherwise they aren't worth playing or making. If it's too hard for you use magic, use the tools the game gives you to deal with 2+ enemies. Use a 2h weapon with a sweeping attack that allows you to hit a wide arc and stagger everything. Seriously you're the reason games are so shit now. I loved playing through DS2 and having to use creative solutions. DS3 was so fucking boring in comparison and way too easy and straight forward. Fuck you cunt. Go load up skyrim and put it on easy.
>>
File: 1502853524937.jpg (130KB, 1661x932px) Image search: [Google]
1502853524937.jpg
130KB, 1661x932px
>Dark souls 2 is good because it's hard!
That's not what the series is meant to be about
>>
>>388414131
I was like you, but I didn't think the solutions I found were "creative", I found them cheesy. The game is either difficult for dumb reasons (many ennemies attacking at the same time) or easy because using magic destroys everything. There's no in-between in this game, that's why it' s pretty bad.
>>
>>388413954
If you actually took time to learn the game you wouldn't need openings, you can just sprint in and out before they hit you and it even consumes less stamina to just start every fight this way. You only need to roll when they start to corner you.
>>
I felt the same at first. SotFS in my opinion is the toughest opening of any Souls game, but it gets better. Only takes a few levels to get going. Once you understand the difference between 2 and 1, your playstyle will adapt.

It's the same going into BB after Souls games, people aren't used to how aggressive they are.
>>
>ask like 3 times if Company of Champions is the proper way to play or not
>no replies
>>
>>388414346
All video games should be hard, and yes, the series is meant to be hard. You're a fucking retard. Do you actually think you sound cool and special by saying a game series meant to be punishing isn't about that? The contrarians on this site are so hilariously delusional. You actually think saying the exact opposite of common sentiment makes you a special snowflake, regardless of how objectively wrong you are. Video games that aren't hard are garbage. Anyone who starts a game without putting it on the hardest or second hardest difficulty (to preserve some replayability) is trash.
>>
File: 1500665355085.jpg (47KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1500665355085.jpg
47KB, 600x800px
>>388414638
(you)
>>
>>388409502
I dropped this shit since every encounter had more than 1 or 2 enemies. Fucking retarded bullshit, Dark Souls's systems are designed for 1 on 1 encounters and once you go above that it's just artificial difficulty where lock-on fucks you over.
It's a fundamentally broken game and I'm glad Mathewmatosis pointed this shit out.
I get so mad thinking of how bad of a follow up to Dark Souls this is.
>>
>>388414357
No it's why you'll never be good at the game. Tons of people play the game melee only and aren't tearing their hair out, including me.

>>388414615
You use it to farm items from enemies without despawning them. Nothing else.
>>
>>388414772
One of the best things about DS2 is how you have to combine lock-on with no lock-on to excel. It adds an entirely new dimension to the game that weeds out shit players and makes them cry because they're too inept and retarded.
>>
>>388414772
How do you deal with the cognitive dissonance of finding out that people beat DS2 naked without weapons at level 1? That the game has rewards for finishing it without dying and/or without resting at a bonfire?
>>
>>388414890
This is false and goes against all the design Miyazaki intended for Dark Souls (which is actually a masterpiece unlike this pile of dog shit)

>>388415075
Anyone with autism can find a way to cheese shitty games. Doesn't mean they aren't retards for playing such shitty games so much.
>>
>>388415146
Miyazaki specifically said he wanted to design games that were challenging. He actually shrugged at the idea that people found them too hard.
>>
File: you.jpg (98KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
98KB, 1920x1080px
>>388409502
>>
>>388415308
Miyazaki also designed a good, FAIR game with good mechanics. Not a shitfest artificial difficulty pile of shit like 2.
>>
>>388410660
You're not forced to reply to these threads either. Stop begging for a circlejerk faggot, people have criticisms of games and they will express them.
>>
>>388415379
Then you could only be referring to DeS. Dark Souls has way more bullshit than 2.
>>
>>388415517
False. 2 shamelessly throws endless waves of mobs at you with cheap levels, cheap deaths and cheap hitboxes. The definition of artificial difficulty.
>>
>>388409502
git gud
>>
File: 1316967803610.png (10KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1316967803610.png
10KB, 429x410px
>>388410660
These threads are made by shitposters who want some (you)s and attention.
>>
>>388415589
And Dark Souls does the same thing 2x more often.
>>
>>388415589
Give me some examples and I'll tell you how bad you are
>>
>>388415639
You're objectively just making up bullshit now.
>>
>>388409502
please don't, i've just had my monthlong wank with DaS and looking forward to playing this
>>
File: Finalstand.webm (2MB, 888x500px) Image search: [Google]
Finalstand.webm
2MB, 888x500px
>>388409502
>>
>>388415379
>>388415589
>basic hollow infantry have random lunging attacks that have 3x more range and damage than all their other attacks
>this is also the case for 80% of the enemies lategame.
>lingering hitboxes on every large enemy, accomplishing the same thing as ADP
>dropped roll inputs, just from moving the stick
>>
>>388410919
only thing i dont mind about the game. i unironically like the ps2 aesthetics. same with dragons dogma
>>
File: 1460118521311.jpg (321KB, 800x661px) Image search: [Google]
1460118521311.jpg
321KB, 800x661px
>>388415673
Every enemy and boss in DaS1 with a throw has bullshit hitboxes.
Capra is a bullshit boss.
BoC is a bullshit boss.
4Kings is a bullshit boss.
DaS1 probably has the worst NG+ in the series.
Most of the "difficulty" in the end game of DaS1 involves fighting multiple enemies on thin platforms or bridges. You are just as likely to get swarmed as you are in DaS2. Take the New Londo ghosts, for example.
It also punishes you with undefendable health loss more than any other game in the series. And it relies far too heavily on fall damage/deaths in a game that isn't really suited for platforming.

I like DaS1 a lot, and don't think DaS2 is a better game. But pretending it's any fairer or less bullshitty is just ignorant fanboying.

If all you want is fair difficulty you're better off playing DS3 or BB.
>>
>>388409502
>Does it actually get any better /v/?

sure, when you stop being fucking shit
seriously, every enemy can be killed by 2 swings, use some fucking aoe attacks

you are also being fucking careless if you are seriously aggroing all of them at once. There are only a few cases where a group of enemies will definitely attack you at once but they are always either at choke points or at explosive barrels.
>>
>>388409502
No
>>
DaS2 was bad and all these "fixes" in SotFS made me not want to play it
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.