[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that ecelebs don't help sell games no matter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 1492168906888.jpg (335KB, 1402x3378px) Image search: [Google]
1492168906888.jpg
335KB, 1402x3378px
Reminder that ecelebs don't help sell games no matter what they claim
>>
>>388406850
I don't think anyone cares
>>
That game would have sold even less without e-celeb shilling.
>>
>>388406850
PUBG
>>
>>388406850
This image resumed /v/ autism
>>
>>388406850

Cherry picking is not a convincing argument.

Only an idiot would be convinced that your image is good evidence for anything.
>>
>>388406850
>Watch Let's Play of a screamer game.
>Get everything you could get from the game in a single watching.
>Watch Let's Play of a good real game.
>Desire to play it grows due to not getting to experience the quality gameplay through the medium that you are consuming it.
What the fuck?!?
>>
>>388406940
OP is saying that coverage doesn't necessarily translate to sales. A game that has both sold well and gotten a lot of coverage doesn't prove his claim wrong.
>>
>>388406850
That example uses a clearly shit game vs an average game, there is no point in comparing them in such a way. also you are a massive poofter
>>
This comparison would only make sense if the games were of identical quality, which is obviously bullshit. If a good game gets exposure, it'll sell more. If a bad game gets nore exposure, it won't matter. Was it that hard to figure this shit out?
>>
>>388406850
Let's Players only help sell games if the games have more going for them than you can get out of watching them.

If the gameplay is boring, linear and shit like Sophie's Curse, you don't get anything out of playing it that you don't get out of watching it.
>>
>>388406850
>in the twenties easily
>anyone with half a brain can tell the sum is more like fourty
what did he mean by this
>>
>>388406850
Don't they help multiplayer games but hinder story focused single player games
>>
lets players arent the only ecelebs
the mighty TB always proudly exclaims how he shifts thousands of units after doing a video
so get served fag
>>
>>388407994
So you're saying if a game is good... it'll sell

But if it's bad... it won't

Mindblowing shit, senpai
>>
>>388406850
>shitty jump scare game
>no one fucking bought it because they only came to see some painfully fake nerd scream for 5 minutes

well no shit

Come back when you have evidence of it failing with a game that actually does something interesting, like Subnautica. That game got a fucking insane amount of exposure from YouTubers that definitely helped it reach more people.
>>
Explain how FNAF blew up then
Because it certainly isn't quality horror nor is it really all that fun in concept
>>
>>388406850
This is very flawed
1)A single example is not proof
2)You have no proof that sophie's curse would have sold as much as it did without let's players
3)comparing it to another game is retarded
>>
>>388408486
Animatronics appeal to people's childhood nostalgia.
>>
>>388406850
>advertisment does not help sell games

What ever you say bro
>>
File: mirage.png (306KB, 788x649px) Image search: [Google]
mirage.png
306KB, 788x649px
>>388408302
We call that... the #TotalBiscuitEffect
>>
>>388408486
furries
>>
>>388408486
FNAF is actually a quality made game compared to things like Sophie's Curse. /v/ loved it at first just because of the mystery, lore and style/aesthetic.
>>
>>388406850
You can have the best game in the world. When no one knows this game no one will buy it.

Very easy concept.

If you have a shit no content game like in OP, everyone will know that its not worth it after the lp´s.
>>
File: Furfagresponse.jpg (23KB, 254x247px) Image search: [Google]
Furfagresponse.jpg
23KB, 254x247px
>>388408540
>read furries
>>
>>388406850
But they do, look at bendy, hello neighbor, minecraft, etc
>>
>>388406850
I love how LPers condemn people who don't pay artists under the pretension of "exposure", when their excuse to play other people's work often without permission is that they're giving it exposure.
>>
This is going to be true of that comedy night "game" that is basically just a chatroom with avatars.

I have seen the youtube losers making videos about it but I don't see the real appeal of it
>>
>>388407252
OP is pretty conclusively trying to say that e-celebs NEVER help with exposure, which is bullshit.
>>
Well I actually know people who were hyped for firewatch and instead of buying it they all were satisfied by watching it on youtube. So of 3 friends of mine who were interested in the game, no one bought it cause "well I've seen it in a let's play, there's no need in playing it myself"
>>
>>388409086
or maybe it was shit?
>>
>>388409158
Well Imo walking Sims are shit but it made a point about streamers and let's plays. Without them the game would have had 3 sales more from alone my friends. Without YouTube that game could have become a financial success but well. I think let's plays and streams are on the same level like taking your camera to the cinema, filming the entire movie while doing a dumb commentary of what is happening.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.