[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that this series will stay dead forever because Miyamoto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: SNES_F-Zero_boxart.jpg (61KB, 400x291px) Image search: [Google]
SNES_F-Zero_boxart.jpg
61KB, 400x291px
Reminder that this series will stay dead forever because Miyamoto doesn't know how to force a shitty gimmick in.
>>
>>388403829
I will release an improved F-Zero rip-off on Steam ...soon
>>
>>388403829
So hypothetically, let's say the day comes when Miyamoto is no longer around, and they still don't make a new game after he's gone, then what?
>>
Damn. I played the ship out of this game when it came out. I think it was one of the first games I got for SNES.
>>
File: 1305_f-zero-ax-deluxe_std.jpg (64KB, 289x300px) Image search: [Google]
1305_f-zero-ax-deluxe_std.jpg
64KB, 289x300px
>>388403908
Better hunt down one of those AX arcade machines.
>>
As a die hard F-Zero fanatic, all I can say is "Good." Thank God Nintendo hasn't ravaged F-Zero, because every single entry has been solid (Even the GP series).

But most of all, it ended with GX/AX, which is by far not only the best F-Zero game, but among the best racing games of all time.

If Nintendo dug F-Zero out of it's well-deserved eternal rest, they would just fucking ruin the fuck out of it. Just like Star Fox.

Unless Sega can clamor AV back together to work on a new title, the series should stay dead. At least we can look back and even replay the classics without a stain of its reputation.
>>
>>388403829
>mfw i lost my virginity while playing this
>>
>>388403887
name?
>>
>>388404941
What, did you take it in the ass while Mute City was playing in the background or something?
>>
I don't blame them for not making one. Fast Racing RMX was their way of testing the waters and that game didn't sell super well despite releasing near launch. It along with other recent AG racers also die out quickly online. They'd have to make the game streamer bait to sell well and knowing Nintendo they're no chance in hell of that happening.
>>
>>388404964
I haven't even started working on it yet
>>
>>388405624
"soon"
>>
>>388405624
you've made a logo though right?
>>
>>388405697
Anon is still looking for people to realize his idea!
>>
>>388403829
Not true.
Nintendo doesn't want to make it, but that doesn't mean third parties can't.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/06/exclusive_we_almost_got_a_wii_u_f-zero_created_by_burnout_studio_criterion
>>
>>388403829
Wrong, faggot.
The loser studio Criterion didn't want to make it.
>>
>>388405697
No

>>388405736
I can do it myself
I'm just finishing up some unrelated program before starting to work on it
>>
>>388403829
For fucks sake it's not as simple as that. I really love F-Zero but you're blatantly skipping over vital facts here.
Such as the little detail that F-Zero ultimately failed in the arcades. The arcades are actually very relevant here. And the question of how to not repeat past failures is in high demand for a satisfying answer.
>>
Give it a MK8 parts select thing. Is that gimmicky enough?
>>
>>388405835
i wouldn't want modern criterion to make f-zero.
>>
>>388405904
because they were busy with other projects
>>
>>388406098
Who the fuck said it had to be an arcade game?
>>
This game has my favorite soundtrack ever. Only video game music that I actually listen to besides maybe Nier.
>>
>>388405528
>Fast Racing RMX was their way of testing the waters
Fast Racing RMX was made by Shin'en which is third party and self-published. They made it specifically because there was no new F-Zero or Wipeout. They weren't contracted by Nintendo to make it and I don't think Nintendo would use it as a metric for F-Zero interest since it lacks the brand appeal that would've gotten it noticed.
>>
>>388406219
They already invested in it. It can't just be ignored.
It's why GX was even made. And it's also why GX was never continued.
>>
>>388403829
Maybe they can talk him into it by including a stage based on Mario 3
>>
>>388403829
Reminder that Advance Wars will stay dead forever because Intelligent Systems doesn't know how to force waifus in. Not even joking.
>>
>>388406098
>The arcades are actually very relevant here.
how so?
>>
File: 20170827_051016.jpg (4MB, 2696x1690px) Image search: [Google]
20170827_051016.jpg
4MB, 2696x1690px
Making a Youtube channel about games analysis. Hoping to keep things stylish and entertaining. F-Zero X and GX are the
(tenative) subject of my second video, and also the channel's namesake. The games get mentioned a lot, but never seen to be really talked about despite being fucking nuts and having a lot of clever, action-y risk/reward systems. Wish me luck.
>>
>>388406780
what's your first video about?
>>
>>388406642
Because F-Zero was made into an arcade game. That was successful at first but then dropped off hard. With sponsors and financial backers behind that had hopes and expectations behind F-Zero but were also disappointed.

They'll question bringing back F-Zero at all after last time. And if they bring it back for consoles only while ignoring the arcades then they'll question that because the potential returns from actually succeeding in that space would be huge. And F-Zero actually almost succeeded. So investing in F-Zero again while ignoring said space would naturally be put into question. But in the end, ultimately. It did fail. So it has a lot of resistance to it and people wouldn't so lightly invest in it again considering past results.

Unless you could pitch an idea on how you could actually succeed this time, how/why things are different to enable said success and avoid past failures. Investors won't agree among each other and won't be happy.

The arcades was a huge part of F-Zero. And while it's true that it doesn't necessarily need to be, it's still very much part of the most recent F-Zero history and can't easily be ignored.
>>
>>388406780
if you're going to make an analysis channel keep the videos concise. keep it under half an hour.
>>
File: HTB1PuIqIpXXXXaZXXXXq6xXFXXXi.jpg (336KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
HTB1PuIqIpXXXXaZXXXXq6xXFXXXi.jpg
336KB, 800x533px
>>388404515
Speaking of which, if Miyamoto wants a gimmick, why not revive arcades again? They were kinda common back then, but now it is indeed a gimmick, yet has more possibilities than ever before. Take one of these vomit comets with a VR headset (they do make VR arcade Mario Kart, by the way, look it up) and make a new F-Zero to be run on it, with a Switch version that you bring with you to earn bonus parts and racers (which makes more sense than bringing your memory card).
>>
>>388407056
Arcades aren't even remotely relevant in 2017. Hell they hardly were in 2003. You're ignoring the GBA games that came out after GX.
>>
>>388406862
The design and appeal of Super Smash Bros. on the 64. I'll be talking about some of the clever things going on with the knockout system, platform game inspired movement, and the controls along with other things smash had going for it.

I was working on both scripts at the same time, and I wanted to rework a lot of the F-Zero script so I'll be starting with Smash since that was going smoother. Progress is slow though, it's my first time doing somwthing like this and I'm being super critical of small things like the tone and flow of everything. Work is being done though, I'm 9 pages into that smash script and I'd say there's 4-5ish pages to go.
>>
>>388407056
>The arcades was a huge part of F-Zero.
No it fucking wasn't. There was only one game and there was hardly any cabinets released worldwide.
>>
>>388407261
>released worldwide
And? Overseas arcades were never a focus. Domestic arcades were.
>>
>>388406445
>>388407056
You're a fucking retard talking out of their ass.
Yes GX came about because of wanting to make an arcade game, but both versions were developed at the same time. It wasn't made to be an arcade game specifically, it simply had an arcade port. The AX arcade machine is literally running on a modified gamecube. In fact you can fucking play AX on a GX disc via cheats. The console version was successful, so why the fuck would they go, "Huh, guess that one time we tried to do an arcade release didn't work out. Better cancel the whole series."
>>
>>388407230
>I'm 9 pages into that smash script and I'd say there's 4-5ish pages to go.
So unless you talk really slowly, those videos should theoretically only be about 15 minutes.
>>
>>388407341
>the console version was successful
No it wasn't.
>>
>>388404601
wow anon be careful with that edge you might cut someone!
>>
>>388407385
(yawn)
>>
>>388407385
It was the 4th best selling F-Zero game and it had rave reviews. F-Zero has never done big numbers but it was successful for F-Zero.
>>
>>388407103
Right, I'm trying to keep it in that range. It looks like the Smash video will be 20something minutes, and F-Zero will be shorter. If my smash video looks like it's getting too long, I might split it into two parts which would be 15ish minutes each. I'm thinking that'd also make it easier to get off the ground, I have footage recorded but haven't started recording audio or editing yet, so it might be worth getting the ball rolling.
>>
>>388407056
>it's still very much part of the most recent F-Zero history and can't easily be ignored.
why not? that was 14 years ago.
>>
>>388407514
>4th best selling
>only 3 mainline games
If it was outdone by a low-budget GBA game, it's officially a failiure.
>>
>>388407378
Well, I'll see how it plays out. I had more to say about a few parts of the game than I expected, and I'm trying to make sure that I'm not being redundant or spoonfeeding the audience with stuff they know. Smash might be long, but I think other videos are going to be closer to 15 minutes
>>
>>388407598
We don't know for sure since we don't have real numbers. VGchartz is all estimates. But we do know that Maximum Velocity sold 0.6 million in 2005 according to Famitsu. I think GX could've easily matched or exceeded that since it got to player's choice status. Still, Nintendo isn't one to not consider a game a success if it sells less than a million. Otherwise Fire Emblem wouldn't have lasted so long.
>>
>>388408145
For how high of a budget GX had, I doubt it was a success even if it sold 600k.
>>
>>388407469
That's not edgy though.
>>
>>388407056
I wouldn't say that this is THE reason we haven't seen a new console F-Zero, but I do think you're partially on track. F-Zero GX had really high production value, and the costs to meet or exceed the production value of the last game is much higher now than it was then. I mean, since it's a stylized racing game, maybe it can be pulled off in a way that the budget is reasonable, but I don't know enough to say what that would have to mean. I do think the interest is there, but I'm worried about Nintendo taking some of the edge off the games to try and make them more accessible.

Also, I think THE obvious addition for an upcoming F-Zero would be an online racing mode, and I don't think the technology is there to create that in a satisfying way. Currently, the game is fucking tense. It only takes one or two solid hits to knock an opponent out, so what goes on every frame counts the same way it would in a fighting game. That means that if F-Zero would be brought online, Nintendo would have to figure out how to deal with lag in a way that doesn't feel like bullshit, and the game really wouldn't be able to support the 30 player races that you can do offline (My guess is it'd probably be like up to 12 racers). Plus (unfortunately) the game would have to be much easier for online, taking away from a lot of the more interesting things X and GXs' tracks had going on.
>>
File: 1446138156975.jpg (14KB, 200x196px) Image search: [Google]
1446138156975.jpg
14KB, 200x196px
>>388403829

>mfw i preordered snes classic mini
>mfw i can't wait to play this again
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.