[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck /v/, you told me it was good. Do I have to enjoy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 28

File: Nier_Automata_cover_art.jpg (65KB, 357x399px) Image search: [Google]
Nier_Automata_cover_art.jpg
65KB, 357x399px
What the fuck /v/, you told me it was good. Do I have to enjoy cringy anime to enjoy this shit?
>>
>>388401028
No, you just have to stop being a contrarian faggot.
>>
File: Review.png (10KB, 411x213px) Image search: [Google]
Review.png
10KB, 411x213px
>>388401118
>how dare you criticize the game!
>you must be a contrarian!
Given by the average steam review rating I'm not the only one who didn't enjoy it
>>
>>388401642
Le anime cringe is not criticism you dumb fuck8ng shitposter meme slave asswipe, don't make threads anymore
>>
Fuck off retard. 4chan is anime.
>>
>>388401642
>taking reviews you can rate "funny" and that anyone can write seriously
>>
>>388401028
>this is what the cover looks like
>"Golly gee I sure hope this game isn't like an anime or something."

Literally your own fault lad

Also complainingaboutanimeon4chan.tiff and etc
>>
Best game since the first one was released, I'd say. Opera Boss is sexy, OST is godlike, and the ass was fat.

Not sure why people thinking saying it's "cringey anime" is any form of actual criticism. You can maybe call it out on the backtracking for quests and perhaps the sidequest content, but otherwise, unless you're an idiot and didn't pay attention, everything else was as solid as my dick.
>>
>>388401028
>Do I have to enjoy cringy anime to enjoy this shit?
No, but you are required to have good taste, which you obviously don't if you don't like this game. Begone.
>>
>>388401642
Of course you are not the only one who didn't enjoy it. All your contrarian friends also didn't enjoy it. That doesn't mean the game isn't good.
>>
>>388401695
>>388401745
>dude the game is deep as fuck I had so much feelz go buy it the story is good I swear
>turns out to be entry-level philosophy mixed with anime-tier dialogue

>>388402291
>and the ass was flat
Ah no wonder /v/ likes the game so much
>>
>>388401028
The thing that makes it brilliant is how it seamlessly uses multiple genres and succeeds are using all of them, 2d platformer, beat em up, rpg, shoot em up, etc.
>>
>>388402453
>waaahhh japanese things hurt my fee fees
>wwwaaaaaah /v/ pls listen to my groundbreaking opinions on anime and apologise for being a hivemind that only disagrees with me ;_;

pathetic
>>
>>388402329
Game has
>mediocre, repetitive combat
>chock full of easy and shitty shoot em up sections
>pretty horrible visuals for a PC title
>empty, bland world, that is also too large because you get fast travel halfway through the fucking game
>horribly balanced difficulty curve
>dialogue that reads as if it is written from a fanfic
>characters that are not fleshed out, especially A2
>banter that does not match up to the first nier's heights
>horrible boss fights besides the opera singer one
>the good routes are too short
>themes are shoved in your face, no subtlety at all (especially the robot fucking scene, that was embarrassing)
>music does not even match up to the first Nier

It's a 7/10 at best, usually 5/10 due to the easy, mashing combat.

First Nier was better
>>
>>388401028
It's almost as if people have different tastes and what someone thinks is good is not going to be good for you. And no, "Your taste is shit" is not an argument.

I know you're baiting but at least try to put some effort into it.
>>
>>388402569
Too bad not one of them is fleshed out, all of them are mediocre or easy. It's just mashing together sections with no depth or thought given to how they fit together. The shoot em up sections are especially shallow and bad
>>
File: 1500104827976.png (1MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1500104827976.png
1MB, 2000x2000px
>>388401028
Your taste is shit. At this point you should just get your money back.
>>
>>388402453
So you never played the game and just parrot the same shit other idiots who didn't play it say.
>>
>>388402831
Too bad you fags told me the ending would be worth it. But then it's just a cliche "dude let's try again" ending, which wasn't too bad but didn't redeem the rest of the game
>>
>>388402867
>y-you just didn't play it!
Am I in a bloodborne thread?
>>
>>388402453
no body said is deep or something you inbreed nigger, trying too hard, huh?
>>
>>388402797
The combat is among the best Platinum has done behind only Bayonetta obviously, and the shoot em up sections are simple but having anything more complex is unnecessary. As well the rpg elements are excellent in that your character is totally customizable, and can use many different chips for different abilities. Personally I wish there were more 2d platforming sections.
>>
>>388402957
stop falseflagging, the game did alright for what it was and it was not above the average, what moved the game were the tweests and the setting
>>
>>388401028
MY DICK liked it.
>>
>>388403069
Oh yeah? Well my penis enjoyed it.
>>
File: Very Very Angry Cyan.jpg (135KB, 405x400px) Image search: [Google]
Very Very Angry Cyan.jpg
135KB, 405x400px
>>388401028
I agree with you OP, this game is so fucking boring.

>boring combat
>boring story
>empty world
>same enemies
>shitty uninspiring bosses
>game forces you through ANOTHER FUCKING playthrough with a putrid shit of a character
>game finally fucking starts after 15 hours of torture
>still boring

And not to mention the shitty bullet hell minigame parts. Seriously, fuck those.
>>
>>388402957
>among the best
You mean the worst

Transformers is less repetitive and has more combat depth. Chips trivialize the game too, how can you state it if it is a positive?

Not to mention the bosses are shit for a platinum game
>>
>>388403164
Transformers was mediocre as hell. What are you smoking?
>>
its japcrap what do you expect?
>just reuse outdated arcade gameplay
>draw really pretty ass
>2deep dialogue/story that relly makes u think, if 12 years old
>>
>>388403126
>opinion
>opinion
>reasonable
>WOW never done before
>opinion
>reasonable
>opinion
>opinion
try harder
>>
File: 1470070329736.png (186KB, 439x412px) Image search: [Google]
1470070329736.png
186KB, 439x412px
>it's always the same two type of threads
I wish mods would finally ban template tier posts like on /a/
>>
>>388403224
Still better combat than Nier

>>388403270
>opinion
Thank you for realizing that, do you want a pat on the back?
>>
>>388401028
Toke Jopic.
>>
This was the best part of the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoOZGWV27-k
>>
>>388403279
too bad not even the moderation saves a from its utter shit taste
>>
>>388403279
Except there's now like 5 DBZ threads at any given time, and there's still a shitton of generals
>>
>>388401028
everytime
>>
>>388403229
should've been more like dark souls.
>>
File: 1497249596613.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1497249596613.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>388402870
>he didn't even reach Route C
>>
>>388403418
here's a (You), out of spite.
>>
>>388403372
So it should've been like shit instead?
>>
>>388403382
>he didn't experience route E
>where the end is literally "maybe we can do it right this time Xd"
>>388403463
>no argument
>>
I would love to play it but I just cant stand japanese anime story telling. Can you skip the cutscenes? I would actually give it a chance if I can skip the story
>>
>>388403513
You should kill yourself.
>>
>>388402453
Someone unable to determine what they like without relying on the opinion of others should probably refrain from addressing anything related to philosophy. Entry level or otherwise.

You have the mindset of someone incapable of making even the most basic of decisions without peer pressure to lead the way. By the sound of it, it should not have even taken you 2 hours to figure out that the game was not worth playing, yet you played it anyway. Because you had nobody around to make the correct decision for you. Truly sad.
>>
>>388403512
huh? do i have to point out your shitty bait? The end was more about reviving them and solving things between them since their memories will still be recovered, not just "they will do something different", check yourself retard.
>>
File: 1450847616434.jpg (159KB, 619x918px) Image search: [Google]
1450847616434.jpg
159KB, 619x918px
>cringy anime
I'm truly starting to get the sense that people who talk about "cringy anime" or "lol this is just random" are people who have led sheltered lives and not experienced a wide variety of media. Likewise, these are usually the same sort of people who see something they don't understand and instantly conclude it must have been engineered from a perspective of making no sense. They are the kind of people who, if they were creative types, would likely work at a garbage producing manufactory like BioWare, Bethesda, or Gearbox - they are comfortable in their belief bubble of nothing making any sense, so they are happy churning out garbage that can barely be considered contiguous.
This is really what separates the East from the West in game creation - a Japanese author will perform the due diligence of trying to explain how things work - a Western author will spare the audience the trouble, and declare it just works.
>>
>>388403513
yes you can
>>
>>388403551
Faggot, just answer my question, I dont care about your gay 2deep story, just want that juicy platinum gameplay
>>
File: 1503780383167.png (11KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1503780383167.png
11KB, 500x500px
>>388403270
It's an opinion that an average person would agree with unless they just love weebshit or they stopped playing after route A.
>>
>>388403771
Ok thank you dude
>>
>>388403704
Holy shit I realize the defenders of the game don't even know the main theme, which is about fighting against your nature. The revival is useless because 2B and 9S will kill each other again, like they always did, unless they somehow overcome their nature. The pods even say that to you

>>388403774
Don't. The gameplay is mediocre
>>
>>388402725
>>themes are shoved in your face, no subtlety at all (especially the robot fucking scene, that was embarrassing)
From what I've read on /v/ most people think the theme was "nature of humanity" or "are AI real human beans", though I didn't get that impression at all.

The game has two themes: the absurdist/existentialist theme of finding what you live for (or, rather, finding out you don't need some external reason) and the theme of obsessively clinging to the past.

The main theme is most prominent through the main plot, especially considering the humanity - the allegory for your reasons to live, unshaken beliefs, something unreachable yet something you constantly yearn for. Over the course of the game main character (9S) first has his will to live, in both humanity and 2B. Then he loses them one after another, after which the nihilism came over him. He believes in nothing, only desires destruction of the machines. And still, in the end he finds his own peace (by the memories of 2B, no less). In the last dialogue between bots they basically say that life is worth it just for the fact that you are living. Nothing more is needed. You may feel bad, lost, broken, but, sometimes with the help of other people (hence the credits), you can and should live.

The second theme, as I've said, is about longing for your own past. The whole game is full of this dream-like atmosphere of nostalgia. For all intents and purposes, both androids and machines are "human". They feel emotions, they eat just because it feels good, take showers and so on. And yet they all strive to be like humans, and in this process they repeat the mistakes of the past. Though androids accuse machines of doing it, they are themselves fully guilty of it. There's also Adam, who superficially looked at the past and decided he understood it all. But maybe someday, we can finally move forward without looking back (that is A2's ending with the rocket launching into space).
>>
>>388403770
>weebs actually believe this
Good anime show, not tell. Shit anime has to explain every single detail because they know their audience are retarded kids. Nier falls somewhere in the middle, but the dialogue still sucks
>>
>>388403865
Fuck I just want some solid character action since I cant play Bayo 2 and I already played all platinums
>>
>>388403950
Emulate Bayo 2 if you so wish to. Some glitches but it still works
>>
>>388403989
I dont like piracy and emulation, also my pc is a toaster
>>
Don't ever listen to /v/ OP
>>
>>388403916
>explain every single detail
Naturally, you assume I mean walls of text exposition, because if there's one thing two-bit Western authors love, it's their walls of text. Not to say that Japanese are immune to doing this, of course - but anyone who starts off talking about "anime" as a single entity is simply showing themselves to be uneducated.
>>
The best part of the game is the music.
>>
but muh deep symbolism, muh babbies first existentialism

Let's just forget about the mediocre gameplay
>>
>>388403865
>The revival is useless because 2B and 9S will kill each other again
She was only killing him because of the project, even then she was only killing him because one of his previous incarnations asked for it when she tried to commit suicide, and he did it so that they could be together at least this way. By nature she's unfit to even hold a weapon.
How does it feels to misunderstand the story so much?
>>
>>388404541
>she's only killing him because of the project
And also because she is programmed to do so
Do you even know her purpose? She was made to kill 9S when he crossed the line
>>
>>388404579
There's no programming that forces her to do it. There's just no other choice.
In prequel novel she literally tried to kill herself instead of killing him, then gave him her own weapon so he could do it when he stopped her.
>>
>>388404474
Every anime suffer from the same things, some moreso than others
>>
>>388401028
I tried to play this game because I'm into Platinum, weebshit, waifubait and such, the soundtrack is great so on paper this was a game made for me, but I couldn't even get past the shitty menu.

Maybe I was just in a bad mood. I'll try to play it again some other time.
>>
>>388404579
you're really retarded, you know perfectly damn well they're not really bound to that, 9S wanted to die, 2B made his wish true, not unreasonable at all
>>
>>388403865
9S/2B revival is pointless because their development effectively ended with Routes C/D.

Ending E was pretty much all about the pods overcoming their progtamming, and that one ending did more in 30 minutes than all the other routes combined.
>>
>>388404508
I find the claim of "baby's first existentialism" is weird because existentialism is baby's first philosophy, there isnt a whole lot to the concept.

>Life has no intrinsic meaning
>Go find your own

Wowee zowee thats complex.
>>
File: 3bl27Fq.jpg (93KB, 612x575px) Image search: [Google]
3bl27Fq.jpg
93KB, 612x575px
>game literally saved Platinum, with Kamiya giving his personal thanks to Taro for this
>even mainstream game journos usually dismissing japanese games found it deeply touching and uplifting
>/v/ yet again proves its title of contrarian echochamber shithole
How does it feels to know that you will never change the positive opinion about this game?
>>
>>388404863
I'm glad Automata gave Taro and Platinum the boost they needed, but that wont stop me from calling out all the stupid shit that couldve been avoided with that game.
>>
>>388404789
>9S/2B revival is pointless because their development effectively ended with Routes C/D.
It's nowhere nearly pointless because both of them ultimately struggled to be together after the war and succeeded, even though the hope was vague. They have a whole life ahead of them now.
>>
>>388404929
Well feel free to autistically screech into nothingness while everyone else enjoyed the game month ago.
>>
>>388404937
They didnt suceed anything, the pods gave them a lifeline, thats why its ineffective.

Niers Ending E made a very similar mistake, but thankfully it was cut from the game.
>>
>>388403865
>you don't know
>then starts explaining that he didn't understood shit either
kek
>>
>>388404985
Yes, I am free to do that.
>>
>>388405005
autism
>>
>>388405029
Pods were only able to save them because they were greatly influenced by them, without their struggle they would still be simple YoRHa bots without a mind of their own.
And it's very effective given that thing that separated 2B and 9S on route C fucked off from the planet forever.
>>
>>388403654
You should stop embarrassing yourself
>>
>>388405005
Reddits the other way champ
>>
>>388405163
You miss the point, 2B/9S failed at securing their own future and essentially did nothing but fuck off and die, thats why the magical handwave for them to live again is ultimately meh.

9S getting over himself and dying/leaving was infinitely more interesting than a happily ever after with nothing really learned.
>>
>>388405005
>I LOVE NIHILISM NOTHING MATTERS EVERYTHING DIES LOL
The game is exact opposite, though. The main message of the game is that we should live. I mean, I know you're just shitposting, but that's a preconception I've seen too many people have.
>>
>>388401642
As I was saying for 3 months, automatafags are retarded, there's no point in arguing with them, they are ready to forgive any flaw the game has. They will ignore all your arguments and respond with "brainlet" and "contrarian". Ironic, isn't it?
>>
>>388405264
>2B/9S failed at securing their own future
That's because the entire fucking setting was against it.
The very fact 2B sacrificed herself for him instead of killing him and that he stopped hating machines on a brink of death shows that they were able to change.
Pods are just witnesses of their struggle and development that was going on for 3 years before the events already.
>>
>>388404863
People are not immediately contrarians purely for disagreeing with the popular consensus.
>>
>>388405401
When the only argument they can provide is that the game is "cringy weebshit", you know that you found shit eating contrarians of the lowest quality.
>>
>>388405393
And as a results, the pods mere much better at getting the games ideas across. I daresay the game dosent even really start until Ending C, but E is still the actual meat of it.

Too much loreshit got in the way of 9S & 2B being anything interesting in the game itself, all you really get out of them is "aww theyre in wuv", but the best parts of that are buried in fluff.
>>
>>388405401
please better be baiting
>>
>>388405356
If you ever bothered to look at the Steam page for Automata, you'd see that the majority of negative reviews are about the PC version being a shitty port, not the game being bad.
>>
>>388405497
>implying the dialogue isn't cringe as fuck especially with that voice acting
9S sounds like a whiny teen
>>
>>388405356
Anyone thinking Automata is some smart game hasnt played many games. It has its merits but much of it is Taro reheating his own tropes and shit from other games.
>>
>>388405535
>And as a results, the pods mere much better at getting the games ideas across
Pods alone don't amount to anything, the entire game is about two pods and their androids, remove one of them and ending E won't be achieved.
>Too much loreshit got in the way of 9S & 2B being anything interesting in the game itself
Replaying route A after finishing the game is one of the best experiences this game provides because you're able to re-thin virtually all of their interactions and find new maning in them.
It's not just love though it's an extremely important point, it's generally the theme of two lonely children thrown into meaningless and hostile world that makes them interesting. And Gathering Keepsakes/flight unit message are some of the most powerful scenes i've seen in games.
>>
I don't really get ending E.

I understand the pods reviving 2E / 9S / A2 and stuff but how are they going to start over and hope for a different outcome when the Bunker doesn't even exist anymore.

I think I've understood pretty much everything but this, I don't see how it can just cycle from the point where the Ark is done for and there's no Bunker / Operators / Commander.

Anyone care to explain?
>>
>>388405673
Show me smart games, anon.
>>
>>388405497
Hey how about that post >>388402725
Are you going to ignore all arguments again? While I don't agree with his opinion that music is bad, everything else is on point. I will also add myself that 90% of side quests are mmo-style fetch quests, I can't remember the last JRPG with side quests this boring.
>>
>>388405720
Because the machines are still on earth thus will more than likely start shit again.

At least thats what i got out of it.
>>
>>388405720
>can just cycle from the point
There's no cycle aside from a cycle of 9S' death and it was stopped with the destruction of Bunker.
Nobody is going to start the things over, in fact timeline shows that androids and machines signed a peace treaty and machines created their own caste society.
>>
>>388405761
I can fit that meaningless greentext to any game i dislike.
>>
>>388405005
These are the only legitimate arguments against Automata I've seen so far, I'm starting to see this game in a worse light because of you
>>
>>388405714
It always comes down to "replay the game"

Unfortunately, as a game, Automata dosent offer that much to warrant a full replay. Youre better off watching highlights on youtube for all it offers you in terms of gameplay.

This is why Taro is bettet off just making visual novels instead pretending to want action games - its better for his style of storytelling.
>>
>>388405761
That post doesn't even say the music is bad, just that it isn't as good as nier, which I agree with
>>
>>388405863
So you don't have a rebuttal?
>>
>>388405757
Pathologic is a good start.
>>
>>388405874
And what's the hurry? You think your time is worth shit, anon?
If you dismiss one of the legit strong points of the game just because you don't feel like it, your opinion on this matter really ain't worth much.
>>
>>388405720
you're taking things too literally, no, they're not going cicle on anything, truths area already known by them, and the worst already happened, there's nothing worse ahead for them, as for the machines, they went their own way and are not bring controlled, as far as we know.
>>
File: 1502602783500.jpg (161KB, 1065x800px) Image search: [Google]
1502602783500.jpg
161KB, 1065x800px
>>388405959
Pathologic and Automata actually share a whole fucking lot things in common starting with obsession over Camus and fourth wall breaks.
It's just a weird russian shit instead of weird japanese shit.
>>
File: 1502110326547.gif (91KB, 528x379px) Image search: [Google]
1502110326547.gif
91KB, 528x379px
>>388405125
>>388405212
>>388405310
not an argument, pickle rick fags
>>
File: 1496104033618m.jpg (67KB, 869x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1496104033618m.jpg
67KB, 869x1024px
>>388405965
Yes, actually. I can play games that are actual games instead of button mashers that merely exist to tell a story.

Or is that taboo these days? Lets not pretend Automata has gameplay to write home about either.
>>
implying you can't freestyle things to shit in automata but everybody here is too lazy and uncreative to do anything fun with it
>>
File: download (4).jpg (6KB, 189x266px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
6KB, 189x266px
>>388405863
Alright, my opinion of this fanbase dropped like a brick from a building. There is no point in trying to argue with you.
>>
>>388406026
Its also much more compelling, but then again Automata isnt hard to beat in yhat respect. Hell even Drakengard 1 had a stronger story and more interesting themes.
>>
>>388401028
The gothic aesthetic was cool, the UI was cool, the sword combat was fun.

9S entire segment of the game was awful, the shmups got old VERY fast. The story was cringy and terrible.

8/10 art direction
3/10 plot
6/10 gameplay
>>
>>388405814
>>388405974
That makes more sense, but then what's going to happen now, supposedly.

Everyone just living peacefully aka meaninglessly? That would most likely lead to everyone commiting suicide.

What are Pod 042 and 153 "hoping" for?
>>
>>388406137
Same old mediocre action game cliche

>b-b-but i can style on limpdick scarecrow enemies, that means its good right???

Truestyle videos are nice but real games have more to offer, anon.
>>
>>388406248
are you that same ninja gaiden autist
>>
>>388406184
>compelling
Around the same, actually.
Drakengard 1 was just Taro taking a piss on a bunch of anime cliches and stereotype. Both original Nier and Automata are far more meaningful.
>>
>>388406271
I'm his cousin.
>>
I warned you about nierfags. You never listened.
>>
>>388406147
It's not like you were here for anything but mindless shitposting to begin with, anon.
>>
>>388406026
Pathologics writing is some of the better in all the videogame medium, wile the gameplay is shit (but actually benefit the game imo). Nier automata is a cool anime game with nice graphics and a sexy waifu, not much in common dude
>>
>>388406274
Nier and Drakengard are about equal to me because you have one game about the dangers of obsession and another about how badly things can go wrong with misunderstandibg.

Automata didnt care much for because exististenalism itself isnt that interesting imo, plus the cast was weak.
>>
>>388403881
Good post.
>>
>>388402453
>entry-level philosophy
>cringy anime
So from what I've read so far, nothing you have said has anything to do with the fucking gameplay and more to do with some preconceived notion of a "deep" story you made up on your own in your delusional retard mind/from maybe a couple memelords on /v/.

Just stick to The Last of Us or some shit, faggot. Or just fucking kill yourself already.
>>
File: 1502656339146.jpg (41KB, 396x382px) Image search: [Google]
1502656339146.jpg
41KB, 396x382px
>>388401028
Yes
>>
>>388406438
Well thanks for letting me know you didn't understand any core themes of those games, anon.
>>
>>388405757
Vidya is not a smart medium
>>
>>388406484
Well i'm not the one saying they are similar so I probably understood them better than you
>>
>>388401028
Its sad what this game did to Nier 1. People never cared about Nier 1 and it was better in every way (the battlesystem was shit in both, so this doesnt really count). It had better story, WAY better characters, more fun party banter, more interesting setting and better soundtrack. Meanwhile Nier feels like 2deep4u anime shit through and through, yet people are hyping it as the second coming of jesus. Its really fucking sad if you consider that the studio who did Nier 1 went bankrupt while Platinum gets all the praise now. Not that it matters too much as its still Taro who writes it, but still.
>>
>>388406398
Actually, no. I've beaten the game a couple of days ago and didn't really like it, so I watched a couple of videos on it's themes to ensure that I didn't skip anything and entered threads, wanting to know fanbase arguments.
And I don't see any.
>>
>>388401642
the rating has more to do with the shit performance
>>
>>388403814
>average person
It has good reception across the board. You're not the "average person" no matter how much you want to convince yourself, retard. You're just a faggot with shit taste.
>>
File: 1499880010958.jpg (97KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1499880010958.jpg
97KB, 800x800px
>>388406593
I've seen this post before, but it was about Dark Souls.

Are we still doing the
>i played the first game of the serie from 1950 and it was WAY better than this new one who is now much more popular
>DAMMIT !!
meme?
>>
>tfw Existentialism is the "no shit, Sherlock" of philosophy
>>
>>388405005
>this is the rick and morty fanbase
Cancer.
>>
>>388406692
It may be copypasta, but he's absolutelt right in that Nier 1 was better in every way except core gameplay.

Not even hipster, Nier 1 has its own issues but none so grevioys as Automatas
>>
>>388406740
>this is the Automata fanbase
Cancer.
>>
>>388406601
Don't listen to anyone in this thread defending the plot. It was baby tier "what is the meaning of life? WE create our own meaning, together!" Everyone defending it is just the next generation of CoD4 story lovers.

I enjoyed the gameplay, visuals and music up until I realized I had to repeat the game again, and again. But the story was not good.
>>
Some people are simply beyond saving.
>>
File: 1501612319683.gif (240KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1501612319683.gif
240KB, 320x320px
>>388406601
Honestly dude the color blue is DISGUSTING and yet so many people wear it in t-shirt and stuff.
Maybe I should watch a couple of videos on it's theme and stuff..
>>
>>388406772
>Nier 1 was better in every way except core gameplay.
So the thing that matters the most. Wew lad. Stick to cinematic story filled movies, Sonybro.
>>
>>388401028
I feel you.
Also why are they dressed in bondage outifits?
I guess developer thought that the only way anyone would like my shitty characters is to higly sexulaze them.
>>
File: 1502406914586.png (91KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1502406914586.png
91KB, 1200x1200px
>>388406740
Nier fans are the Rick and Morty fanbase actually
>>
>>388406772
so people really want interactive movies now.. we did it..
>>
>>388406784
>rick and morty reddit faggot literally going no u
Again. Cancer.
>>
>>388401028
>Do I have to enjoy cringy anime to enjoy this shit?

Yes. That is why I loved it.
>>
>>388406861
Lmao. I'm the guy saying Taro should just make VNs since its clear he dosent give a fuck about gameplay.

Automata juat copypasted Nier 1s structure 1:1with minor adjustments so both have very similar pacing and balance issues, but Automata is only a little more smoother to play. Thats it.
>>
>>388406692
It has nothing to do with being a hipster. Automata is worse in everything except gameplay, and as i said, even this isnt that much better in Automata. I dont know why you faggots get so hostile as soon as someone just states facts. Automata is MASSIVELY overhyped and I dont really see why because Nier 1 existed and did pretty much everything better people hype Automata for. And I have no idea which DS post you mean, but it sounds like bullshit to me because Dark Souls had a big fanbase since day 1. No idea about demon souls though, but this game got attention as well to be known.
>>
>>388406912
Nier fans are the ones who enjoy Rick and Morty and Pickle Rick, clearly you're a brainlet if you can't understand simple and concise criticisms like the ones laid out in >>388405005
>>
>>388406883 (You)
Except for the faggot. >>388405005 (You)
>>
>>388406992
You're a brainlet for misunderstanding that post then, it's mocking both Nier and Rick and Morty by comparing the two for being shallow, unfunny generic nihilism/atheism propaganda for Redditors
>>
File: 1501878748360.png (139KB, 394x360px) Image search: [Google]
1501878748360.png
139KB, 394x360px
>>388406992
>i'm gonna type out (You) with the post number that I'm quoting so EVERYONE will see that
>I
>am self-aware of giving (You)s
>I'm contributing to the thread!!!!!!
Damn /v/.
>>
>>388406954
>but Automata is only a little more smoother to play.
>only a little
Nier 1 played like fucking trash. Like night and day. The only reason people liked the original Nier as because of the story, no one liked the garbage gameplay. Nier Automata is more balanced and even those that dislike the story can appreciate the gameplay except for shit taste storyniggers.
>>
The following is my low grade, worse than shit, contrarian opinion as a secondary who only played Drakengard 1 ages ago and never got the chance to play Nier even though a close friend recommended it to me.

>I enjoyed the gameplay, both the on-foot fighting action and the shmup based mini-game segments.
>Engel, Simone, and Grun were really fun boss fights, but the rest were kinda dull.
>The core story was a little weak, with the big reveal regarding 2B's involvement in 9S's "life" being uninteresting to me. (I won't say predictable, even if they foreshadow it well enough, but I'll say that it didn't hit me as hard as some other things in the game.)
>There are way too many themes going on in the game's core story, which lead to some very conflicting messages.
>The sidestory content is nice, but I feel like there's too much information hidden in them. Some of this stuff should have been part of the main game. (Amnesia)
>I didn't enjoy playing as 9S. He gets shit on a lot, which makes progressing through his plot a little tedious since you're constantly being pushed down, down, and down with stuff like the Operator boss fight.
>I didn't enjoy playing as A2. There's very little time spent on her as a character, and the haircut just makes her come off as a cheap replacement.
>Some statements by the people involved with the game made it seem like standalone, but by the end of my run of the game I felt like I missed out on a lot by not having replayed D1 and played Nier 1 before Automata.

That said, I did enjoy my time with the game. It's gotten me to grab Drakengard 1 and Nier, which I aim to play before giving Automata another shot.

I was unsatisfied with the story, but there were still tons of things that made them game interesting and exciting for me.

Thank you for reading this less than reasonable post.
>>
>>388407151
Both Nier 1 and Automata boil down to "walk forward and tap triangle." Automata just has smoother controls and flashy animations.

Functionally, they're basically the same. Theres no real thinking invovled in beating them.
>>
File: 1501037721104.png (708KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1501037721104.png
708KB, 640x640px
>>388406980
How the fuck is
>Automata is MASSIVELY overhyped
hard to understand?

It has cute girls, dymanic gameplay and easy to understand story yet unusual/"deep" making it original/"cool" enough to attract pretty much everyone in the world expect the people who were buying it hoping to be fucking blown out in space or something.
>>
>>388407075
>LE BRAINLET U JUST DUN GET THE BASED SATIRE AND HUMOR XD
Again. Cancer.

>>388407128
Thanks for the (You).
>>
>>388407191
Youre alright anon, I enjoyed my time with Automata too but generally it felt rather malformed, confused, and unsatisfying like you say.

Definitely replay Drakengard and play Nier 1, theyre the best Taro games so far imo.
>>
>>388401028
Lad, if you hate anime and then you looked at this game and thought there was even a chance you would like it you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>388407249
Nah. Nier 1 gameplay is trash. Night and day.
>>
>>388407269
I bought Automata expecting a good game. I got an ok one with many stupid mistakes.
>>
>>388407304
It's not satire or humor you stupid Redditor, it's criticism of the horrid Nier fanbase. You need to take my advice and take some testosterone shots, maybe then you can enjoy good games like PUBG instead of nihilistic anime Rick and Morty garbage for Redditor weebs.
>>
>>388406984
Genuinely thank you for the laugh.
>>
>>388405310
>we should live
WOAH....
>>
>>388407375
>it's criticism
kek, sure it is. Stop trying so hard to defend the reddit post, we all know you're the same faggot. Ironic shitposting is still shitposting. That's something you would literally see on reddit, you would know. Cancer.
>>
>>388407542
>I'm a petulant child who cries over a made up ironic shitposting boogieman used by Redditors to deflect when a more intelligent poster mocks them in an exaggerated fashion
I take back what I said about the testosterone shots, you don't deserve to be considered male. Overdose on soy and remove yourself from the gene pool, you Reddit and Memey watching, Nier playing, edgy nihilistic Trump hating teenager.
>>
File: Twin Peaks.jpg (27KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Twin Peaks.jpg
27KB, 500x375px
>>388407320
Thank you for your more than reasonable response, Anonymous.

I will do as you say.

I hope you enjoy your life and get to sit down and watch Twin Peaks with someone you truly love some day.
>>
>>388406861
It's not like Automata actually has good gameplay.
>>
>>388407653
We get it, you thought you were going to get ebin upboats for your ironic cancerous reddit faggotry that you thought passed as valid or clever criticism. Calm down, anon. The thread will die and you can try again in the next Nier thread.
>>
>>388407656
I still need to finish twin peaks, having a girl with dosent sound too bad either. Take care homie
>>
>>388407708
Not relevant to that post. Regardless, post games with good gameplay. Kill yourself if you say Souls or Monster Hunter.
>>
File: 1502117986224.gif (13KB, 329x302px) Image search: [Google]
1502117986224.gif
13KB, 329x302px
>>388407767
At this point you are projecting onto me as your knowledge of the inner workings of Reddit is far too intricate to be mere coincidence. You have proven to me that the Nier fanbase is beyond redemption and does not deserve the salvation that only I can deliver, but rather total destruction. I am going to ensure that as long as I live, Nieredditors will never be allowed to discuss their atrocious excuse for a "video game" on my board again. Hopefully natural selection will kick in and developers will simply abandon Yoko Taro as he finds himself unable to compete against the inherent superiority of skill based competitive games like PUBG.
>>
>>388407886
kek, it literally was a samefagging redditor the entire time.
>>
>>388401028
It doesn't get good until 40 hours in. You just have to stick with it.
>>
File: 1502162166148.png (105KB, 759x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1502162166148.png
105KB, 759x1000px
>>388407961
No, you and the rest of the Niereddit fanbase are the Redditors here.
>>
>>
>>388408039
Hope to catch you on the next Nier thread to derail it again, my autismo friend.
>>
>>388408079
I hope to not catch you or any other Nieredditors on my board again, but regardless I will work tirelessly to remove you from /v/.
>>
>dude they have blindfolds this game is so deep xDD

Was it ever explained why they are wearing them? Shit looks pretty stupid.
>>
>>388401028
The only people I know who didn't like NieR were my gay male friends, really makes me think.
This sounds like a random shitpost but now I'm kinda curious; tell me.
>>
>>388408158
Makes them more robots and less humans.
>>
>>388401028
no, just finish your first playthrough and start next ones. first two endings are shallow intros with anime screaming and shit, but then it gets deeper
>>
>>388408167
So you admit the only good part of the game is sex appeal? If so I agree
>>
>>388408280
One good part of the game is sex appeal, but that's common knowledge you literally see the pantie of the character you're playing and the game is trying his best to not let you look at it directly with the camera.

Not the only good part though.
>>
>>388408231
and then it ends 3 hours after route A and B. Riveting
>>
>>388408231
>it gets better after 15 hours

Wew.
>>
>>388408231
>it gets deeper
Nah, it just gets more melodramatic. Don't hype people up for some deep stuff in Nier, that's the #1 reason they end up being disappointed by the game.
>>
File: 1435320453129.jpg (269KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1435320453129.jpg
269KB, 1920x1080px
>>388408167
More like your faggot friends.
I'm gay and I think Near Atomato is probably the most well constructed videogame this decade. It succeeds on pretty much every technical and aesthetic level, at a time where 90% of the industry is captivated by ASSFAGGOTS style multiplayer garbage.

also 9S a qt
>>
>>388404863
>mainstream game journos found it deeply touching and uplifting
You mean people with the philosphical insight of a potato who are still enthralled by existentialism shit? Wowee I never would have guessed.
>>
>>388408231
Route C is not better than Route A/B and it also does not substantially change the game.
>>
>>388408721
Let's hear what it's all about then, Buddha.
>>
>>388408684
Well no I meant my actual legit gay friends but.. Alright, I guess that still works then, thanks for the input.
>>
>>388408684
>I'm gay and I think Near Atomato is probably the most well constructed videogame this decade.

Kek, this sums up Automatas fanbase.

Automata dosent have shit on Bloodborne, btw.
>>
OG Nier is better
>>
Whew and they said Zelda fanboys are bad.
>>
>>388408684
>I think Near Atomato is probably the most well constructed videogame this decade
Why?
>>
>>388406079
It actually dies. The fact you need to compare it with the cream of of the crop already puts it in a strong position as an ARPG.
>>
>>388408989
Agreed. Automata is a solid 6/10, regression from Nier in every way besides gameplay, where it didn't do too hot either
>>
>>388408987
Bloodborne doesnt pander to kissless virgins enough. Also there arent enough anime cliches and it requires actual skill to play the game, so no one cares about your game.
>>
>>388409196
He already said why. 9S makes his faggot dick hard
>>
>>388409213
Strong logic leaps, kek.
>>
>>388408987
Why would gay people lick 2B's smooth butt though? Most people who bought Nier was for the booty.
This makes no sense.
>>
>>388409251
Kek
>>
No it's actually pretty bad, I have ten saying it all along. Never believe in shills anon
>>
>>
>>388403950
Go play DMC 1,3 and 4 and the first two 3d Ninja Gaiden games. Platinum games suck.
>>
>>388412297
Why would you impose such shit games upon a person?
>>
>>388411592
>implying taro has money for shills
>>
>>388401028
Honestly one of the worse games in 2017. I had more fun with horizon
>>
File: 1500440192679.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1500440192679.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>388401028
I played 10 hours, I didn't like it too.
But some anons are right, the OST for this game is one of the best to come out in this decade,
>>
>>388413727
This desu. If it got more mainstream attention it would be torn to shreds
>>
>>388412513
DMC 1 and 3 + NGB are better than anything platinum has done.
>>
File: 1487184537940.jpg (2MB, 1536x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1487184537940.jpg
2MB, 1536x1080px
>>
>>388413727

What games have you played this year that makes Nier the worst of them? Im curious
>>
>>388401642
>criticize
>hurr durr if I act like a massive normalfag tourist from leddit and call it cringy anime shit, then that's criticism!
back to /soc/ or whatever normalfag spawning grounds you came from
>>
>>388414596
HZD
P5
Nioh
Yakuza
30~ hours in Zelda
>>
While it was worth having experienced, the gameplay, for how much it's praised for Platinum-Quality™ gameplay it was honestly pretty vapid and boring across the board.
I'd almost say the original NieR was better in that regard because while it was obviously much less polished, fights went by much faster than they ever do in Automata.

The themes were pretty standard existentialism, nothing mindblowing going on there.
The story and characters weren't all that interesting either, 9S' VA killed it though especially towards the end.

No real twists either, certainly nothing like finally being able to open the locked magical gate from the first dungeon to enter the roof garden of some building in the ruins of Tokyo.

Automata is overrated as fuck, but that aside, it's pretty decent and smarter than most games anyway.
>>
>>388412297
DMC games are the titles that introduced me to this type of games. I'm go nna try ninja gaiden, thanks dude
>>
File: b2.png (673KB, 1188x1920px) Image search: [Google]
b2.png
673KB, 1188x1920px
>>388401028
Nah, bro. GOTY for me
>>
>>388415221
>smarter than most games
The fuck does this even mean?
>>
File: Niertomato.jpg (256KB, 1276x1032px) Image search: [Google]
Niertomato.jpg
256KB, 1276x1032px
>>
>>388417105
I meant, its philosophical themes make it a much more thought-provoking experience than most games that are similarly popular, even if it's not particularly deep itself.
>>
>>388415221
>fights went by much faster than they ever do in Automata.
This. It was pretty annoying that most bosses were damage sponges without being any challenge.
>>
>>388417395
The themes are only thought-provoking if you have never seen them before
Protip: most of them are in original nier
>>
>>388417457
Yes, I know.
>>
2B? more like 2cute feet haha :)
>>
You're not the only one who got memed into this shit game, I did too
>>
>>388401642
It has a bad rating on Steam because the game runs like total fucking garbage on PC and Square Enix never bothered to fix it

At least I got my refund when I realized it wouldn't run for more than 30 minutes without crashing on my PC
>>
>>388401028
Only waifufags like the game
>>
>>388401695
It is a genuine criticism.
He is not alone in his opinion that anime is uncomfortable to watch for a lot of people.
>>
>>388402957
I played Automata and I loved it, but the combat is really barebones compared to TW101
>>
I would enjoy it more if it performed better. My pc is able to handle tons of other games on maxed graphics, but for some reason this one specifically has like 5 fps and lags even at minimum settings. Maybe it's the momentum based movement?
>>
>>388419035
This
>>
>>388401028
BAYOT
>>
>>388419820
My Pc runs fine and it's 5 years old
Thread posts: 234
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.