[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't think I've ever had less fun playing a video

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: namelessking2_tc.jpg (492KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
namelessking2_tc.jpg
492KB, 1920x1080px
I don't think I've ever had less fun playing a video game than this fight. Do you guys want to know the difference between his 2 hit, 3 hit, and 4 hit combo telegraphs? There isn't one. It's all just a gamble, and the only smart play is to always assume he's going to pump out 4 hits.

What the fuck happened to this series since DaS? Boss fights used to be about remembering the different telegraphs, and eventually a player knows a fight so well that they make it look easy. After finishing DaS3, I'm sorely disappointed with the reliance on a few factors for "difficulty".

The favorite seems to be shoving a massive boss in a room that's too small for the game's camera. Nameless King phase 1 is a perfect example of this; that dragon has 2 moves that launch it immediately into the sky, and if you're in striking range, you can't see what the fuck is going on. I still don't know what his downward firebreath looks like, and I dodge it perfectly every time.

The second is endless combos, and the chief cocksucker fuckface boss of this is Gundyr. The strategy here is to dodge 5 or 6 times, get one hit off, and start dodging again. Wow, such fun. You can try to dance around him for hits, but he'll spinning back kick to "punish" you.

The third thing this game uses for "difficulty" is what you see in Nameless King phase 2, where every combo is telegraphed the exact same way. Will it be 2 hits? Will it be 4 hits? Will he do 3 jabs or 4 jabs? It all begins with the same telegraph, with each successive hit just building off of the previous hit. So it's not as if the 2 hit combo finishes with swing x and the 3 hit combo finishes with swing y, it all just builds into the next hit with no way for the player to know when he'll stop swinging, only that he won't do more than 4 in row. So you treat every combo as if it's the 4 hit combo. So. Fucking. Fun.
>>
>>388400629
ok
>>
File: 1468036157111.jpg (151KB, 1395x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1468036157111.jpg
151KB, 1395x1080px
>>388400629
just beat him on new game plus
he's not even hard then.
>>
>>388400629
Every enemy in this game has the "lol input reading XDDD"
>>
File: 1502872159923.jpg (19KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1502872159923.jpg
19KB, 600x450px
>>388400629
>>
Youre gonna hate Midir if you cant even beat him
>>
>>388400825
>>388401103
I already cleared the game, and a ng+ to get all the boss soul transpose things. This isn't about "how do I git gud", I'm critiquing this game compared to DaS, and the reliance on shenanigans for difficulty in DaS3 is almost criminal.

>>388401016
Yeah, the homing missile big dick attacks that telegraph in one direction and then zip right onto you as you get out the way. It looks dumb as fuck, but it's the same "roll window" stuff.
>>
File: 1453254440400.jpg (107KB, 780x846px) Image search: [Google]
1453254440400.jpg
107KB, 780x846px
>>388400629
That's what the Souls series has become and why sequels were never a good idea for this series. The combat doesn't have enough depth to make pure skill-based fights interesting, so the best they can do to challenge you is give the bosses annoying identical combos and awkward attack animations with slight delays in them. The problem with that is, to anyone who has played a lot of games in their time, they'll sooner than later notice how tedious, boring and samey all the bossfights are becoming and the game just isn't enjoyable when all it has going for it is one upping itself in these lame boss fights. And since the fanbase is now filled with cancerous tryhards who have never played a genuinely difficult game in their lives you wont be able to voice this complaint without any sort of feedback besides "git gud lmao".

Here watch this, it's probably the best video on the Souls series out there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np5PdpsfINA
>>
MUH DARK SOULS ONE

Souls series got better with each game. First one has so many shit bosses and areas. Hell Izalith alone makes me hate the game and the pvp is just backstabbing which the sequels fixed.
>>
>>388402356
The series got progressively better by reiterating the same boss fight over and over again? Roll around until there's an opening, hit it as many times as the opening allows, typically one hit, and then do it all over again until the boss dies.

PvP is still a backstab hunt with a rash of broken weapon skill weapons thrown into the mix.
>>
File: 1482642608119.jpg (321KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1482642608119.jpg
321KB, 720x720px
I really never got people's complaints about this guy. I really liked how he looked, and thought it was a cool fight but I beat it second try, once I beat the entire game I went online and everyone was complaining as if he was some impossibly hard challenge. I don't really understand, there was nothing about him that was unfair, just simple dodges and counter attacks as per usual. Is Nameless King just one gigantic meme or something?
>>
>>388403960
He's not that hard, more annoying since he's so fast and has such a small opening. Actually that's probably been my biggest complaint about a lot of the bosses. Fighting them boils down to dodging, getting one or two hits in, circle strafing and repeating.

Ironically people seem to hate the bosses that change up this gameplay the most.
>>
IT'S PURELY OPTIONAL
NO NEED TO WORRY
>>
Are you legitimately retarded? The only telegraph you need is the animation of his shit about to fuck you up, its not like you just randomly take damage with no attack animation
>>
>>388400629
git gud
>>
>>388400629
obigatory git gud post

also didn't read
>>
>>388400629
>DaS1 WAS BETTER THAN ANY OTHER SOULSBORNE GAME
Take off your google-nostalgia glasses and get your head out of your ass. The game wasn't "casualized".
The games got my fluid, better controls, better hub ideas to make upgrading and buying items easier. Bosses were still interesting and hard to beat. Once you play a boss enough times, you can win without even getting hit.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.