[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that we will never be able to play this,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: 1503715927392.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1503715927392.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
Daily reminder that we will never be able to play this, to see this first hand
>>
>>388396717
The modding community will be out with a game within 5 years. And they'll be transparent about everything too.
>>
It's only special because it never released.
>>
The engine is there the ending is there 2 years we going have a fan project made to perfection
>>
>>388396795
and it'll be fucking terrible lmao
>>
>>388396795
Fuck off it's over accept it or have you nothing better in you're life to look forward too
>>
>>388396909
Yeah cos black mesa was just awful
>>
Someone somewhere is going to make their own Episode 3 now that we have the main bullet points of the story straight from the main writer's mouth. Just you wait, OP.
>>
>>388396795
Modders don't care about making nice things anymore.
>>
>>388396976
Black Mesa was just the first game on an updated engine.
>>
>>388396717

>hey, should we study this revolutionary technology that could help us win the fight against the combine?
>no, let's destroy it on a suicide mission against a single combine command center, that even if we destroy it, the combine have thousands more

I don't understand
>>
>>388396976
They didn't have to worry about audio desu
>>
>>388396890
and it will get a C&D letter from valve as soon as it's released
>>
>>388397025
The bullet points are too vague for fans to rally around. There would immediately be disagreements about how to fill in the gaps or implement Gordon's descriptions of the ship in gameplay.
>>
why the fuck would you want a new halflife in the current climate of dogshit fps games
>>
>>388396976
Black Mesa was based on something good.
>>
>>388396890
what engine?
>>
>>388396717
I'll make sure to count my blessings. The ending sounds fucking terrible, if it indeed was a real story pitch and not, as many have suggested and as I believe, just a cute way to tell us all that Valve is too big and powerful and corrupt to ever do the right thing and that we're really never getting the game.
>>
Daily reminder that Valve is now a crate salesman and you fags should get over it.
>>
>>388398937
There are various to choose from but they'll be using UE4.
>>
>>388398997
What was wrong with the ending?
>>
>>388400267
>not using source or source 2

disgusting
>>
>>388400748
source is trash for a modern game
source 2 isn't even public yet
>>
>>388400515

Nothing. Babies just can't accept an ending where the good guys don't have an overwhelming victory.
>>
>>388396890
>2 years
how long has black mesa been in development?
>>
>>388397398
Valve is not Nintendo
>>
>>388396976
We got lucky with BM, and plus it was just a remake anyway.
>>
>>388397332
Alyx [and the entire resistance] had no clue how much ground the combine actually covered, and she was worried about the Combine taking the Borealis from them, not to mention that she sided with Eli on using it to destroy the combine and likely didn't want his death to be in vain.
>>
Can someone explain why people are saying Alyx is bad for fulfilling her fathers wish?
>>
>>388403035
Because Alyx was wrong (in hindsight)
>>
>>388403035
Because despite her good intentions, all Alyx ended up doing was destroying the Borealis and nearly killing Gordon. People are failing to think about the fact that she had no clue what to fucking do and are acting like she knew it would fail.
>>
>>388403201
I suppose that's true, but at least the destruction of the Borealis means the Combine can no longer get it
>>
>>388396717
Isn't the game first person not third person?
>>
>>388403414
Yeah, it was a real lose-lose situation in my opinion. The Combine would have ended up tracking the Borealis and probably would have used their full force to get it back if humans tried to research it.
I think that the episode 3 story actually mentioned that Combine were pretty close to Antarctica anyway whenever Alyx and Gordon found it.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.