[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game will be dead withing 6 months if IF they don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: LC-202.jpg (27KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
LC-202.jpg
27KB, 1200x675px
This game will be dead withing 6 months if IF they don't fix their netcode.

this is a widespread issue where people are disconnecting because Overwatch, and only Overwatch, crashes the game, or crashes their modem, forcing people to reset the modem or even reboot their PC's.

If i knew how to create a class action lawsuit I would. This i the only game that dos this, but no one is sure if its battle net or the game.

So, I'm done with overwatch. never playing this shit on PC until they fix this shit. but they probably never will.
>>
>>388386531
>crashes their modem, forcing people to reset the modem or even reboot their PC'
first im hearing of this

but I will admit when even fucking HITSCAN that should be client side based is not registering as often as it does in OW there is fucking problem
>>
>>388386531
Good
>>
>>388387201
blizzard keeps telling us its our fault. their game is immaculate it seems.
>>
>blizzdrones and normies finally waking up to how shitty blizzard are
we can only hope.
>>
>>388388223
They have been waking up for the last seven years it's just a slow death for something so big.
>>
>>388388223
this was my first and last blizzard game.
>>
File: 1463407267132.jpg (81KB, 1084x1044px) Image search: [Google]
1463407267132.jpg
81KB, 1084x1044px
>>388386531
Guys, I think I should let you know that WM Oh lala line on japanese is ara ara
>>
>>388386531
wi-fi is not made for gaming, use a cable
>>
>>388386531
kys normalfag fuck off to /vg/ and bitch about your imbalance shitty game there.
>>
File: yeaaa.gif (3MB, 380x280px) Image search: [Google]
yeaaa.gif
3MB, 380x280px
>>388388592
>>
If Blizzard can keep fucking sc2 and hots alive by putting them on eternal life-support then i doubt overwatch will be dying anytime soon
>>
>>388388616
I never use wifi. no routers either. just straight through from wall, to modem to PC. no other programs on either.

the game literally crashes while I'm still online.

other times it'll crash and disconnect me from battle net.

and in the worst case, it'll crash the modem and I'll have to reset it, or worse reset my PC as well.
It could be completely fine all day, but as soon as OW starts the problems start. fuck whatever software their using for the internet. also, a lot of people ridiculously high pings when playing. people whine about leavers, but most leavers are DC's I bet.
>>
>>388388773
>bitch about your imbalance
reading is fundamental
>>
>>388386531
>Class action lawsuit
>For not being able to connect to a video game

Is summer over yet? When do you all go back to school?
>>
>>388390136
its widespread, and I should be able to play a game I paid for.
>>
>Blizzard game X will be dead within 6 months!

Has this ever happened, /v/?
Come on now
>>
File: emote suggestion.png (289KB, 1166x334px) Image search: [Google]
emote suggestion.png
289KB, 1166x334px
>>388386531
Who cares about the netcode? There are other more important things Blizzard should put their attention to.
>>
>a game causing modem crashes

the moment that happens the FCC would be on their ass, don't be an idiot
>>
>>388392003
overwatch is one of the most played games, how could that happen if people not connecting is a widespread issue?
>>
>>388387557
well considering most people dont have these issues how could it be the game's fault?
>>
File: widow.jpg (48KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
widow.jpg
48KB, 650x366px
>>388388592
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuwE6BWYDes
@0:22
>>
>>388392538
check the forums. There are way too many posts about this. maybe not in the supposed millions of players, but enough that blizzard should try and do something about it.

>>388392441
something in the software is causing the modem to either disconnect, or takes on too many tasks that it crashes. I'm not a tech guy but something is going on when its only OW that does this.
>>
for some reason the game doesn't feels smooth even with constant 60fps and it happens with vsync on or off.
this is why i stopped playing the game
>>
Blizzard should just scrap console support altogether, the fact these faggots think they can even talk about the game is a fucking joke.
>>
>>388386531
>this is a widespread issue where people are disconnecting because Overwatch, and only Overwatch, crashes the game, or crashes their modem, forcing people to reset the modem or even reboot their PC's.

do you have a source because this really really really sounds like a "im too stupid to understand this problem so its not my fault" thing
>>
>>388392980
>a source
check the forums. lots of people having the same issues.

the maintenance guys tell them to update drivers, and change ports and shit like that. nothing works.

>im too stupid to understand this problem so its not my fault
I thought this too at first , that's why I went to the forums to see if anyone had solution. seems like every "solution" didn't work.
>>
>>388392876
software installed on windows cannot interface with the modem, there is no interface for it. Blizzard couldnt crash your modem even if they wanted to.

sounds like you have a terrible modem that cant handle games with high tickrates
>>
>>388393150
show me at least 2 other people with your issues. I see tons of issues with disconnects, but nothing with crashing the modem, that shit aint possible
>>
>>388392938
Overwatch is practically made for consoles, it's slow, simplistic, has a low skill cap and has no mod support, custom maps or player hosted servers. It's like the game was designed for consoles in the first place.
>>
>>388386531
do you actually play overwatch and play it on console
>>
>>388392938
But they won't because I give them money each event.
^:)
>>
>>388393181
its an arris SB6190.
its one of the fastest modems out there. I checked to see if there were any updated drivers but there weren't any at their website.
>>
>>388393314
wow thats actually the modem I have.

the fact that I play overwatch with no issues probably means its your computer or ISP
>>
>crashes their modem
This is honestly one of the most retarded things ive ever heard, and i didnt expect anything less from people who play Overwatch.
>>
>>388393243
here's 3. they may be older posts but it seems like the problem, still persists. The weird thing is the game was doing fine until the last patch when doomfist came out.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745136759

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20744374235

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/17069846924
>>
>>388393150
>check the forums
>check the forums
>check the forums

you keep saying that but i keep finding a bunch of people having a very common technical problem, grouping up in threads they specifically search for and finding a common scapegoat amongst themselves that would free them of all responsibility of why a simple point and click video game made by a fortune 500 company would crash their internet

just get a new modem you lazy/cheap fuck
>>
>>388393454
your cousin sent me a link from the yahoo that just crashed my modem, can you come over and fix it for pawpaw
>>
>>388393303
PC.
I have it on console but have been playing primarily PC for the past season.
>>
File: 1362171969026.gif (204KB, 404x416px) Image search: [Google]
1362171969026.gif
204KB, 404x416px
>>388386531
>console
>>
>>388393405
>its your computer or ISP
my ISP is 100mb/s and I just updated a few months ago. it never disconnects.

if it is my PC then what can I even do about it? I never have any other programs up, cept for battle.net.
>>
>>388393620
idiot. learn to read.
>>
>this game wont sell at all, it's trash compared to TF2
>3 months later
>this game wont last another three months, it won't do well as a competitve game
>3 months and many high paying tournaments later
>This game will be dead before the end of the year, there's no support and it's unbalanced
>full year passes and many more high payout tournaments
>this game will be dead in 6 months if they don't do this arbitrary thing I'm bitching about

When will you fuckers learn? This game isn't going anywhere, they're making money hand over fist.
>>
>>388392330
>nothing but dislikes
What little faith I have in the OW community is being upheld.
>>
>>388394665
Only plebs dislike his suggestion
>>
>This game will be dead withing 6 months if
Haven't heard that one before
>>
>>388394701
Feet is objectively the worst fetish. Worse than cuckolding, shit/puke, diaperfurs, all of that. Just vanilla and lame as fuck. Step your game up.
>>
>>388386531
I don't think in all of the time I've been playing since beta have I ever been disconnected or lagged in a game

is this just a meme topic?
>>
>>388393272
At least update your bait with the times if you want any success with it.
>>
>>388393314
It's your ISP or your pc. Try changing one
>>
>>388395069
yeah, I think I'm gong to have to try and play this on my other PC tomorrow.

If it doesn't do it on that one, I wonder whats going on then with my main PC..
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.