[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really hate this dude. His human form is easy, but when he

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: Gascoigne_Snarl_A.jpg (130KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Gascoigne_Snarl_A.jpg
130KB, 1920x1080px
I really hate this dude. His human form is easy, but when he goes beast mode, you get instantly BTFO if you're caught in his combo, and I always get stuck on gravestones while dodging. Any tips for a noob trying to git gud? I've been using the Kirkhammer during his human form, then switching to the saw cleaver in beast mode, and hitting him with the music box as soon as he turns. How many times will the music box stun him?
>>
>>388385587
When you enter the arena, ignore him and head straight to the right, up the stairs; fight him up there.

>How many times will the music box stun him?
Not many, around three I think. You can also use molotovs. Or just learn how to dodge, really, he's quite slow compared to later bosses.
>>
>>388385587
those fire cocktails are effective against him on the beast form, and I think around 2 or 3 times he will be stunned from the music box
>>
>>388385587
You're fucking terrible at this game.
>>
File: wow stop attacking any time.webm (3MB, 1100x619px) Image search: [Google]
wow stop attacking any time.webm
3MB, 1100x619px
>>388385587
Dodge forwards + diagonal when he's in beast mode. You're best off saving the music box for when he's transformed then throwing molotovs at him, big damage.

Also what >>388385998 said, don't fight him amongst the gravestones
>>
>>388385587
>>388385998
By the way, you shouldn't be having any problems with Gascoigne if you're already using the music box clutch, so you either suck really really hard or you're not doing enough damage. Have you upgraded your weapons? Leveled up Str? Anything?
>>
>>388385998
Cool, I'll check out the right side. Didn't have a chance to look around, since he immediately rushes you. Also,
>he's quite slow compared to later bosses
Well that's fucking scary.

>>388386084
And thanks, lad. I'll stock up on some molotovs and oil pots beforehand.
>>
>>388385587
stock up on molotovs and a few oil pots. as soon as he transforms toss an oil pot at him then pelt him with molotovs until he dies. this works for all the early game bosses since they're all beast types
>>
>>388386265
I just started playing yesterday, so yeah, I do suck at the moment. I upgraded my strength and weapon a bit, but maybe not enough.
>>
>>388386221
God damn Bloodborne looks horrible
>>
Just parry cheese him. Practice on the bridge trolls leading up to him. Also stick with one weapon and get it leveled up. Killing the tall beasts can give blood shards that'll let you upgrade.
>>
>>388385587
Don't make this Bloodborne's Casual Filter
>>
>>388386548
Jelly xboner/mustard/nintendofag detected.
>>
You can blast him with your firearm at pretty much any point during his multi-swipe combo and stagger him for a free visceral.
>>
>>388386221

>Dodge forwards + diagonal

This. Get in the habit of not dodging back. Most attacks don't hit you dead on but go through you, so if you dodge back you still get hit. Dodging forward or to the sides lets you avoid the hit and keeps you near the enemy so you can attack.
>>
>>388386548
I disagree.
>>
File: 1493148397735.png (361KB, 549x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493148397735.png
361KB, 549x480px
>struggling on the first boss
OP is gonna have a blast when Orphan and Amelia finishing fucking his ass and mouth
>>
>>388385587
This fight is designed to make the player understand that this is a souls game where you cannot fight defensively. It's tough, but it also has to reprogram the muscle memory built with three other souls games.
>>
Gascoigne is the game's parry tutorial. Learn his patterns and exploit them for viscerals. Funnily enough, because he's much more wild in his second form there's actually a shitton more chances to parry him then.
>>
>>388386221
>>388386762
huge thing for me was not running directly away from him, he has good reach and will catch you in a combo if you run directly away from him.
>>
File: 1415501456605.jpg (69KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
1415501456605.jpg
69KB, 736x736px
>>388385587
Fellow Cleaver bro here:

Something to keep in mind when you're hitting an enemy is the transforming combo: R1>L1>L1>L1 etc.

Its DPS is considerably higher than your standard R1 combo and the range is superior. This also applies to many other weapons like the Saif (that weapons transforming combo is sexy as fuck, try it if you get the chance).

And by the way, the cleaver has you covered on all bases, you don't need the kirk (just saying, it's not a bad idea to save on upgrade materials and echoes, which you can use to level up your skill alongside your str to really squeeze the juice out of your cleaver)
>>
OP here, thanks for the tips, lads. And a big fuck you to the negative niggerfaggots ITT. Fucking great game.
>>
>>388386882

>Amelia

Amelia is on par with Cleric Beast, she's just more intimidating. She's so slow and only like 2 of her attacks hit in close range, and one is just a stagger. People have a problem with her because they get dodge happy instead of just attacking.
>>
>>388386882

He's not complaining about Cleric Beast though.
>>
>>388386931
unfortunately I fluked through Gascoigne on my first try and that lesson went unlearned until I was getting my ass ravaged later in the game
>>
>>388385587
Hunter Axe makes this fight super easy.

Although it kinda has the same effect on the rest of the game...
>>
File: narukamismile.png (276KB, 640x389px) Image search: [Google]
narukamismile.png
276KB, 640x389px
>>388386882

Which episode is this from? hurry please I need to do something.
>>
>>388385587
He's not truly hard to dodge, just NEVER dodge backwards for this
>>
I'm stupified that the only person to use the phrase "git gud" in the entire thread was OP.
>>
>>388391938
Bloodborne's playerbase isn't total cancer.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.