[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>not even Marc's "closure" got to revealing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: G-man_heart_to_heart_headshot.jpg (21KB, 350x348px) Image search: [Google]
G-man_heart_to_heart_headshot.jpg
21KB, 350x348px
>not even Marc's "closure" got to revealing and explaining what and why the G-man exists for

Are we ever going to know who this fuckwit is?
>>
Even if they did finish the series it seemed like something left intentionally vague from the beginning.
>>
It's Gordon you idiot
You play as Gordon Freeman
G-Man is Gordon Man (No Longer Free)
>>
>>388379871
He's likely a matured Shu,ulathoi. They have powerful psionic abilities and can rewrite themselves to take on whatever biological appearance they want.
>>
Half Life's writing is only a vehicle for it's gameplay, not the other way around where the gameplay serves to drive the story.
They come up with whatever bullshit will work to lead to environments and scenarios that explore the mechanics.

I'm willing to bet we could've gotten Episode 3, and then even a real Half Life 3 and by the end of that we'd still have no idea who or what he is
>>
>>388380095
That is so stupid.
He's a dimension and time travelling entity, why would it be Gordon?

He's called G-Man because that's slang for a man in black government agent type, which is what he takes the form of.
>>
G-Man was originally the administrator of Black Mesa. This was retconned in HL2 and Breen was created to retroactively fill that role.
>>
I haven't played the series but I think he's some kind of alien.
>>
You're not supposed to know who he is. Having it explained just ruins the intrigue

Not everything needs to be laid bare. Having stuff tucked away leaves stuff for the community to endlessly discuss and dwell on. That's a good thing
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-04-13-01h38m39s79.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-04-13-01h38m39s79.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Not everything needs to be explained
>>
>>388379871
Isn't there some kind of easter egg in HL2 that depicts him with tentacles and stuff? Laidlaw has written lovecraftian horror before and it would fit well with this explanation >>388380147
A rogue, mutated or matured version of an individual of the advisor species. Or maybe some sort of personified combination of a faction of that species. There really are lots of possibilities.
>>
File: funny gmod guy.jpg (132KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
funny gmod guy.jpg
132KB, 1600x900px
>>388379871
isn't he that guy you can play around with on gmod?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.