[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On the 5th of September, Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 is getting the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

On the 5th of September, Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 is getting the Sabotage DLC and a major patch for PC. In the meantime, the console versions have gotten some kind of intermediate patch -- 1.05. Is there anyone with the PS4 or XBO version who can post the changelog from that patch? I'm assuming the patch next month will have a lot more fixes, but I'm curious about what has been fixed in the meantime.
>>
>>388374590
Good luck finding anyone that's played that here.
>>
I'll bump your thread a few times, though.
>>
>>388374974
A pity because it's a pretty gud game underneath the issues they're progressively ironing out. The shooting and stealth and solid, and the world is both interesting and fun to explore. I'm looking forward to another playthough when the next update is released, especially since the DLC is adding a new region.
>>
>>388375202
I'm playing the second game right now, it's eeeeeh. Is the third one a good deal better?
>>
>>388375275
Yeah. I played the beta. It's good. OP can confirm.
>>
they are garbage games and you should spend your time on better things
>>
>>388375275
Completely different type of game. SGW3 is a mixture of Far Cry and MGS V, with a teeensy weeensy bit of STALKER in the mix. Typical Eurojank open world FPS title. But with some neat flourishes. The plot is... not great. But the world it full of points of interest, and they're a lot more interesting than what you might find in a typical Ubisoft game.

The problem with SGW3 is that it's kinda buggy and there are some disappointing omissions. Dynamic weather? Non-existent, seemingly. You never see other cars on the roads. There are scripts to generate traffic. There was traffic in the beta version. In the full game, there's nothing. People, myself included, are hoping that stuff like this will be re-implemented in patches. The devs bit of more than they could chew, in terms of technical implementation. There's a shitload of cut content, too, including stuff like a vehicle upgrade system.
>>
>>388375973
Weird. They do try, though. Check the jump in quality between each game. Shit's fucking insane. Ghost Warrior 5 will be a masterpiece at this rate.
>>
>>388375627
The first SGW was Eastern European bargain bin shovelware, but CI Games have gotten progressively better at making games. SGW2 had some promise. Enemy Front was more good than bad, despite shit and broken stealth. And SGW3 is really not that bad. The critical problems boil down to bugs and performance issues on PC. And both of those are being addressed, albeit slowly.
>>
>>388376384
How's the PS4 version?
>>
>>388376519
It was pretty chuggy at launch and had 5 minute load times. Has PS4 Pro support. Patches seem to have boosted performance and reduced load times, although it's really a game that needs an SSD on consoles. It would appear that the game doesn't use normal vsync on consoles. I think it caps itself at 32fps, which isn't ideal because it causes slight judder, but prevents that characteristic input latency on PS4 that was seen in Prey and Homefront: TR.
>>
>>388376930
icic. Cool. Have you tried >Reddit? It's a shit site, but it's OK when it comes to those few specific games /v/ won't touch. CI Games takes messages on Facebook as well.
>>
I'm talking about your original question.
>>
>>388377170
CI don't seem to want to say anything about the 1.05 patch. They just say that a changelog will come "soon", but their idea of "soon" seems to be September 5, when the PC version is getting a patch and the DLC is releasing. My guess is that the PC version is getting 1.06 or something, and they're timing it so the console versions get 1.06 to coincide with the DLC release. It's only 9 days or so until September 5, so just have to wait and see. There's also the multiplayer, which is coming "soon". People don't like "soon". Ubisoft figured that out, which is why they release roadmaps months in advance showing what features will come when. But I guess when you're fucking Ubisoft with a zillion devs across the planet, you can reliably hit deadlines.
>>
>>388375973
Really? Ghost Warrior 2 was a pretty bog-standard FPS with most everything other than stealth and sniping sections cut out, leaving it feeling pretty generic. Is 3 really Far Cry-esque? An open world sniping game actually sounds like it could be fun and unique.
>>
>>388377803
The only problem is that they've been struggling to balance draw distance with performance. There are these "sniping spots" that extend NPC draw distance, but in a lot of areas NPCs disappear past around 300-400 meters. This is not a unique problem. MGS V has pretty low NPC draw distance. The AI "pops" as you approach bases. The Far Cry games didn't register shooting past 150 meters for FC3, IIRC, and 300 meters for FC4. Ghost Recon Wildlands has NPC draw distances of about 600 meters. They really need to work on the issue, though, because while the game paints itself as being about sniping, stealth, and guns blazing assault, a lot of players want to be able to solve things by sniping.

Consoles are largely to blame. And making the PC version behave differently could introduce all sorts of potential bugs.
>>
>>388378283
300-400 meters? But in Ghost Warrior 2, you have to make several shots that are over 1km and that game could handle it fine. I know those are more "scripted" but still.

The 5 minute loadtimes on Ps4 are putting me off also.
>>
>>388377803
>Is 3 really Far Cry-esque?
Yes, but without the Ubisoft-style towers and busywork. The game has efffectively no busywork at all. All the open world exploration and collecting is optional. However, the world is broken up into regions, with load breaks between them. There's a dam, a snowy region, and a mining/logging region. Plus another one being added in the DLC. They're pretty massive areas. Conceptually, it's pretty similar to how STALKER: Call of Pripyat did it.
>>
>>388378594
>300-400 meters? But in Ghost Warrior 2, you have to make several shots that are over 1km and that game could handle it fine. I know those are more "scripted" but still.
Being open world changes everything. AI is a massive performance hog. This is why you don't generally see open world FPS games that run at 60fps on consoles. This is why Ubisoft games tend to rape CPUs.
>The 5 minute loadtimes on Ps4 are putting me off also.
They've addressed loadtimes somewhat. With the 1.04 patch, the initial load was around 3 minutes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIUGctI_jtk If you've got an SSD, it's a lot faster. Plus it only needs a 3 minute load per region. When you die, it only takes 10-20 seconds to load. (But of course there's a bug where the time of day resets to midnight every time you die, and I'm not sure if they've fixed it yet.)
>>
>>388379170
Hm alright, have they said anything about further patches they intend to add (on PS4 specifically)? I'd assume they'll fix it in the future so it won't be as much of a dealbreaker.

I don't know how big the areas are, but MGSV didn't seem to have much of an issue on any console. And the Far Cry games work just fine on consoles too, though I'm sure in both games the distance is a good bit less than Sniper.
>>
>>388379517
>Hm alright, have they said anything about further patches they intend to add (on PS4 specifically)?
The game is getting support until the end of 2017. They've still got to release the multiplayer component, for example. Are you talking about draw distance or load times? They might have hit the limit for improving load times. CryEngine games tend to have long-ish loading, and there's only so much they can do to alleviate that. They have made vague assurances that they're working on improving draw distance, and we'll really have to wait and see what happens. I am curious about the 1.05 changelog, but there's likely another update coming September 5 to accompany the DLC.
>>
>>388379836
I don't remember Ghost Warrior 2 or any of the Crysis games having such long load times, despite being on CryEngine. But then again this is the console ports, and they were far more linear, so it makes sense.

I do find it cool that every copy seems to come with the Season Pass, how much content has/will be released as DLC? Is there only one pack?
>>
>>388380520
>I do find it cool that every copy seems to come with the Season Pass, how much content has/will be released as DLC?
They later released a $30 version of the game on PC without the season pass, but generally speaking, yes, the season pass is free. (Included in $50 base version). Content so far hasn't been much. An alternate vehicle, a bow, a sniper rifle or two, and a very short side campaign where you play as Lydia. However, there's another campaign DLC coming -- Sabotage -- that is apparently quite a bit longer, plus the season pass will have two extra MP maps when the MP releases.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.