[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>funded by one of the biggest AAA studios >goes into early

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 7

File: quake-large-84bcaf245d.jpg (37KB, 560x300px) Image search: [Google]
quake-large-84bcaf245d.jpg
37KB, 560x300px
>funded by one of the biggest AAA studios
>goes into early access
>comes

what were they thinking /v/?
>>
>>388371508
>"but we do expect it to last at least until the early part of 2018"
>>
Did Doomguy actually saved the game?
>>
>>388371508
AAA studios are literal charity cases nowadays.
>>
We got a fucking hero shooter instead of a hand-crafted singleplayer remake of Quake 1
>>
I really like this game.
The chill music isn't NIN but the chiller tone is somewhat ok.
>>
>>388372212
You got Darkplaces nigga. Why do you need a remake of Quake 1.
>>
>>388372212
No AAA studio makes single player games anymore unless they are open world.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcWLuMeN2oA
>>
File: 1394091104483.jpg (559KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
1394091104483.jpg
559KB, 1280x850px
>No console release

There's more people playing just on Call of Duty alone on consoles right now than CS:GO has ever hoped to achieve. Let's just ignore where FPS players have moved to and only put Quake Champions on PC. Even Blizzard knows this.
>>
>>388372346
Guy that did/does the soundtrack was in NIN at some point.
>>
>>388372419
I think it deserves the same attention Wolfenstein and Quake got. Could have made a really atmospheric, violent shooter and expanded on the spooky alien shit.
>>
>>388373773
Wolfenstein and Doom, I mean.
>>
>>388372212
We got DOOM, that's okay. Maybe we'll get Quake too someday.
>>
>>388371508
When will they learn that nobody actually want to play arena shooters? Running around, knowing every inch of every map by heart so you can keep track of completely OP pickups and snowball like a mofo isn't fun.
>>
>>388372212
>hero shooter
Remind me again what the appeal of these are again?

Why the fuck would I want to be locked down like that?

Did player choice and customisation get taken out back and shot while I wasn't looking?
>>
>>388374153
You're offered more options, not less you dummy
>>
i watched the quakecon duels yesterday and it was the most boring shit ever. half of each match the players were just hiding from eachother. overall pace of the game is a crawl
>>
Pick/counterpick shooters should be buried.
>>
>>388371508
zenimax media dosent give two fucks about quake, saber interactive is working in this game not ID software, thats why this game went earllyacces, sorry my english
>>
>>388372212
Does anyone actually give a fuck about single-player Quake? I mean anytime anyone brings up anything Quake related it's to talk about the multiplayer.
>>
>>388373351
U cant play arena shooter on consol
>>
>>388375742

This has got to be one of the dumbest comments I've seen today. Are we going to ignore every single arena shooter that exist that isn't Quake?
>>
>>388375526
I do, and I've seen people laud it in the past. Quake is known mostly, and mostly via Quake 3, for its multiplayer, but the Quake 1 singleplayer is fucking great. Wolfenstein is pulp action, Doom is heavy metal, Quake is cosmic horror. Doom and Quake are two sides of the 90s coin - Doom is XTREME violence, Quake is grim n gritty violence. Really atmospheric, the industrial stuff is genuinely creepy at times, guns are visceral and feel good and the enemy variety is great with possessed soldiers, dogs, knights and alien horrors. There's a lot you could do these days with Quake that isn't another quakespasm mod. I yearn for a nice big budget treatment to be honest.
>>
>>388376026
none of them are on console. console is puke.
>>
File: 20170826212527_1.jpg (228KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170826212527_1.jpg
228KB, 1280x720px
R8 my first match.
>>
>>388373351
>>388373351
>arena shooters on console
holy shit dude kill yourself
>>
>>388374295
no you are offered less dummy
if it wasnt hero based all the passives would be available at all times not locked off to shitty heroes that have no other redeemable factors
>>
>>388376826
your first match sucks
>>
>>388377518
All heroes have different amount of health, armor and maximum speed and their powers are balanced around that

You're a retard.
>>
>>388374124
except it is fun, you're just bad
>>
>>388377682
the heroes suck dude
>>
>people asking for another single player Quake
that's what Dusk is for, I'm glad id are using their resources on trying to make arena fps great again instead of another disappointment like Doom 4
>>
>>388377687
no, u
>>
Reminder that if you play Anarki, you should uninstall immediately for being a shitter.
>>
>>388377765
Compelling argument faggot
>>
File: sourceport of the devil.gif (128KB, 1500x600px) Image search: [Google]
sourceport of the devil.gif
128KB, 1500x600px
>>388372419
>Darkplaces
>ever
Go swim in dm4, please.
>>
>>388373351
There will be a console release at some point. There's already files related to auto-aim in the game .paks.
>>
>>388376026
What u have in mind
>>
>>388377984
they suck dude
>>
>>388377839
Dusk looks fucking worse than Quake 1 and barely innovates on any ideas visuals. You could make a fucking Quake mod that looks and plays better than Dusk.

id are cashing in a fad. NuDoom was their last gasp of greatness.
>>
>>388376826
Victory by ping.

My ping displays at 70-90 and I literally can't hit shit because everything just goes straight through people, even rocket splash often does 0 damage when it should be a direct hit.
>>
>>388378241
Quake Champions is a much better game than NuDoom though.
>>
>>388378336
Can you prove that?
>>
>>388374153
>Remind me again what the appeal of these are again?
the "press a button, something awesome happens" design schematic
players like to be able to blame something besides their skills when they lose, when an enemy uses a "cheap" ability, it's no longer the player at fault, it's the game, and now it's time to complain on a forum about how that character is overrepresented and deserves nerfs, while their favored character is niche and needs lots of buffs
>>
>>388378241
>You could make a fucking Quake mod that looks and plays better than Dusk.
That isn't saying much, given that vanilla Quake looks and plays better than Dusk.
>>
>>388371508
tell me when they add classic mode, each interview they sound less and less like they are going to
>>
>>388378651
The point of QC is to bring all the quake players and arena fps players together, not split them further by introducing a classic mode. Inclusivity > exclusivity
>>
>>388378886
well I hate champion abilities so they failed with me and a few players, people like classic arena shooters
>>
>>388374372
Are you saying you don't enjoy Clutch shield spam?
>>
>>388378886
this, the different champions is attempt at combining the different Quake game communities since there's champions that move like Q3 or Q4 or Q1/CPM
>>
>>388378407
Doom 4 is terrible compared to the original games, it's barely better than Doom 3. Quake Champions is basically Quake 3 with abilities, it's a faithful sequel.
>>
The entire point of early access is for the people playing to beta test

Early access becoming a joke and a scam is just as much a fault of the players as it is scummy developers. People just wanted to play games early, no one actually wanted to beta test shit or offer any kind of feedback beyond "this game is shit it isn't even fucking finished wtf".
>>
>>388379220
And a Q2-ish champion coming soon, don't forget; Athena's getting a grappling hook as her ability.
>>
>>388379123
Compromise had to be made; new players are needed the game to not be dead on arrival and for it to have longevity that the old games enjoyed. You can still play the old classics.
>>
>>388379371
>Galena, Visor, and BJ will get left in the dark as they have no mobility abilities (Visor's is okay I guess) to compete with the extra stuff other people get.

What a shame.
>>
>>388379310
Doom 4 was a tribute to Doom, it's all of pop cultures views and celebration of Doom made into a game. Quake Champions is the same thing but now a hero shooter to cash in on a fad.
>>
>>388378886
DESU I hope this actually works.

There are more than enough people in the world who play or are interesting in playing Quake to make QC successful - the problem always is actually getting everyone together to actually fucking play the game.

It's like trying to organize a lan party with your local buddies where everyone is constantly busy playing other games, working, or dealing with their family, and no one can agree on what game to play at the lan, except on a much larger scale.

From my experience the core game is good enough, the champion abilities are kind of annoying but not so much that it ruins the game for me. I just hope that if nothing else they add offline bots so I can still play when online stops being an option. Unfortunately I live fairly far north in Canada so my ping to everywhere is shit, or worse.
>>
>>388379525
Galena is great on Lockbox, Visor could probably use a buff and BJ was just nerfed too hard
>>
>>388379902
A genuine tribute would have more than 5 enemies at a time.
>>
>>388379371
how about a (q2 style) double jump passive
>>
>>388380043
I never said it was perfect, anon, I think it has a lot wrong with it, namely the enemy designs are mostly garbage, cartoony, WoW-esque in how they look. Plus, Doom didn't have endless hordes running at you constantly, it wasn't Serious Sam. But I still had tremendous fun playing it. It's a shame it'll get no singleplayer DLC.
>>
File: 1503667217552.jpg (155KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1503667217552.jpg
155KB, 540x540px
>love q3a
>play champions
>feels hollow, like a cash grab
>customization system designed to bleed wallets
>loot crate system
>locked characters
>Rail doesn't OHK
>LG is garbage
>weapon upgrade system
>hp values are different per character instead of being flat

Yeah, no, I'd rather go back to Q3A
>>
>>388380260
>he thinks rail in q3 is ohk
everyone look at this poseur and laugh
>>
File: oh shit im ranger.png (179KB, 432x504px) Image search: [Google]
oh shit im ranger.png
179KB, 432x504px
I'm liking it, but the netcode in this is a mess compared to QL

I've never gotten so many dud rockets in my life. Before you ask, yes, my internet can handle the packet upload rate of the game at any framerate
>>
>>388380260
I almost agreed with you, but then..

>Rail doesn't ohko

Lmao look at this faggot.
>>
>>388380326
Rail did 100 damage in q3, nerfed to 80 in ql
>>
>>388380260
>LG is garbage
>LG abuser literally just won $175000 at Quakecon
>>
>>388380416
And it's still a top-tier weapon choice.
>>
im having fun :)
>>
>>388376826
>that 1:21 guy

It's so annoying when the one guy basically enables the other team's victory

Like, going 0:5 or a bit below is understandable, in a game about powerups and momentum you can give the enemy a bunch of free frags in a row (esp. if he can exploit quad) a la Quakeworld, but come the fuck on
>>
>>388379480
>Compromise had to be made; new players are needed the game to not be dead on arrival
they probably shouldn't have used quake as a base, maybe use brink instead

it's not inviting to new players if it's quake, it's not inviting to legacy players if it's quake with a shitty mod stapled to it
>>
Can I play the game for free if I get it off the Bethesda launcher?
>>
>>388380592
>Like, going 0:5 or a bit below is understandable

Oops, meant going 0.5 KDR, not literally going 0-5
>>
>>388380596
With a game like this they gotta abuse that Quake name for marketing and shilliing, even if it's anything but.
>>
>>388375526
Quake 1 SP shits on any modern FPS. fast movement, tight controls and great level design. I think a lot of people just take it for granted (and Quake evolved to be mainly an MP game) but the single player is a masterpiece except for the boss fights. those are hot garbage
>>
>>388376026
>>388373351

>can't strafe jump
>can't circle jump
>can barely hit rails etc without auto aim

What is the fucking point? It would barely even be Quake
>>
For a competitive title the netcode and the client interpolation for animations is awful. They are far behind what DICE and Blizzard do in their games and as those are played by millions it establishes a standard people expect any newer game to meet as well. That's before even mentioning how bad the decision to make Quake into a class based shooter was to begin with - the way it is the game is right now it just doesn't fit into any niche in which it doesn't get shit on by competition.
>>
>>388378316
I get the dud rockets, dud rails and even the occasional close range dud shotgun at 40-60ms

They may trust the client too much. My rockets seem to come out instantly at any latency. I don't know what they're trying to do, but I wouldn't mind a more QL style of netcode with straight up delay on your shots if it meant more visual reliability and less of the current phantom shots that happen so often
>>
>>388374153
Because less than a decade ago, you faggots were complaining about Colladoody and its loadout system with wacky and arcade-y shit.
The grass ain't greener on the other side.
>>
My only complaint is that the lizard dude's hitbox is the size and width of a fucking flappy noodle.
>>
just play quake live
>>
>>388381263
ded
>>
>>388380874
This is the main problem for this game, but sadly it won't and can't be fixed. It's just a way to make a quick buck over the current fad of "esports hero shooter with unlockables and microtransactions"
>>
>>388380592
I typically am lower than 0.5KDR in QC.

In QL I typically was around 1.5KDR.

The netcode completely fucks me in this game.
>>
>>388381110
apparently they should have complained louder because hero shooters are basically a progression of cowadoody's loadouts

>some characters have more health
>some characters move faster
>some characters can contextually explode
>sometimes you can know a player's position without being able to see or hear them
>>
>>388381587
It's fucking radio silence and Jim Jones tier, kool aid chugging denial of reality on the official Bethesda forums about the netcode. Their usual response is something like "pros aren't complaining :^)", yeah, I bet the guys that get paid to play/integrate an esports team roster and that mostly play on LAN aren't complaining

God bless Gggmanlives, only big youtuber to blow the whistle on it
>>
>>388381163
>lizard dude
It's a female.
>>
File: 1432385896012.jpg (60KB, 268x205px) Image search: [Google]
1432385896012.jpg
60KB, 268x205px
>>388372419
>darkplaces
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.