[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>everyone seems to be loving Mario + Rabbids >everyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: Codename_St.jpg (168KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Codename_St.jpg
168KB, 250x250px
>everyone seems to be loving Mario + Rabbids
>everyone shit all over Codename Steam despite incredibly similar gameplay
What gives? Was it just the graphics that fucked CS?
>>
>>388338568
It's pointless. People suck Bing Bing Wahoo's dick all the time. Sad really.
>>
>>388338568
Drones love to eat shit. Even if it's Ubishit aslong as it has Mario.
>>
>>388338568
Some of the missions were annoying, but I genuinely liked most of the game, especially with FE mode.
>>
File: 1486129001088.jpg (110KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1486129001088.jpg
110KB, 540x960px
No, it was doomed from the start as soon as Nintenbros bitched about it not being Majora's Mask. The wait time (before the patch) hurt reviewer's impressions too. But the art is fucking amazing. Didn't stop people from liking stuff like BnHA, although I guess Nips can't really be arsed to like anything as blatantly American as a game called "Lincoln versus the Aliens."
>>
File: 1437755388448.png (289KB, 415x357px) Image search: [Google]
1437755388448.png
289KB, 415x357px
Switch owners are fair-weather friends at best and hopeless zealots at worst. In the odd event this game gets ported to the Switch, you can bet your sweet ass drones would suddenly start calling it an "underrated gem that deserves a second chance!" not because they liked (or even played) the original, but because they can feel just a little bit better about buying a Switch.
>>
>>388338568
Yeah, it was the graphics. Most of my friends who are pretty well-rounded Nintendo fans (i.e. they don't stop to Mario and Zelda) completely ignored the game because they thought it looked bad.
>>
>>388338568
>What gives? Was it just the graphics that fucked CS?
Yep, if it was anime it would've sold a fuck ton more. Weebs would be all over it.
>>
>>388338568
>tfw you liked it because of the Jack Kirby style art
Feels fucking bad, man.

I really think if they took it and made it for Wii U instead, it might have actually sold a lot better despite the much smaller audience.
>>
>>388340427
*they don't stop at
>>
>>388338568
The Steampunk thing was pretty offputting at first but the game itself was good.
>>
File: 1432266032674.png (481KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
1432266032674.png
481KB, 600x700px
It was good.
>>
>>388338568
This could have mechanically been the most impressive game ever and it still would have gotten shit on for being steampunk. It's a lazy and uninteresting motif
>>
File: 1503765165428.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1503765165428.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
S.T.E.A.M. had some really bad balancing issues here and there. I really wish they would make a more refined sequel eventually.
>>
>>388340745
>balancing issues
>in a single-player game
What do you mean, like some character being useless?
>>
Didn't it have terrible load times during AI turns at launch? I thought that was the biggest criticism for it
>>
>>388342124
Yes, but it was corrected early on, even putting out a new demo with the fix.

People just didn't like the art style and that it wasn't Advance Wars.
>>
>>388342389
to be fair, I'm mad nothing is Advance Wars

There's a heavily inspired game coming to swtich, but it doesn't look as charming
>>
Its marketing. Rabbids is being marketed much more than codename steam ever was. most people dont even know codename steam existed
>>
>>388338568
I think it was the "hate steampunk" meme and the apparently divisive art style
>>
>>388338568
Yes, it looked like hot vomit, the setting was shit, the voice acting was shit, and the gameplay wasn't even particularly well executed. The enemy turn bullshit on release was the shit cherry on the shit cake, and it still takes too long on the original 3DS.
>>
>>388340234
The drawn art style didn't translate well into the 3D models. Which was more of a flaw of the 3DS instead of the art. The late game enemy designs are cool.
>>
>>388340234
>>388344829
The artstyle is garbage and only balding american comic book nerds are able to stomach it.
>>
>>388338568
I played the demo and really digged the game, but I couldn't buy it because the artstyle was atrocious.
>>
>>388341031
Not him, although the only really bad balance issue is Zorro being OP as hell, to the point she felt mandatory on the hard mode versions of maps. Only character I really recall as useless was Dorothy. The game tends to favor splash damage / bomb type weapons a fair bit, although that's kind of to be expected in a game with lots of enemies in cramped corridors. And it's not like they were without their downsides - lack of overwatch and friendly fire on them could be issues sometimes.
>>
Just the graphics.
>>
>>388345126
Nah, it's good. The sharp black outlines are very expressive.
>>
>>388338568
Codename S.T.E.A.M. plays more like Valkyria Chronicles. Mario+Rabbids doesn't having aiming, but has melee attacks and more movement options. CS got brought down by the polarizing art style, the really long enemy movement times (which got patched within the first two weeks, but not in the demo), and the concept. People didn't exactly expect characters from American literature fighting Lovecraft monsters with steampunk weapons to be good. Which made it more surprising when it was actually great.
>>
>>388347172
Take the word steampunk out and that concept becomes fucking awesome.
>>
>>388338568
People didn't like the graphics plus with no speedup until a patch came and fixed it hurt opinions from reviewers. But if you want to know the most retarded reason as to why this game lost some sales its because /v/ boycotted it because it had a VA that they didn't agree with his political views.
>>
>>388347448
I'll be honest I like the steampunk because if found it audibly satisfying to do the characters supers.
>>
People are retarded
>>
>>388338568
>tfw there will never be Katherine doujins

Game was amazing regardless, i honestly think it would have done better in terms of reviews/sales if it had the fast forward for enemies by default. I can't picture myself managing to slog through on regular speed, especially since the enemies occasionally liked to wait a good 5 seconds before actually making a move.

>>388345305
The balance was really one of the bigger issues, particularly on hard mode. I used everyone a good deal in Normal, but Fox and Califia were pretty mandatory on Hard for the late game.
>>
>>388348172
It also doesn't help that even half way through the game there could be like fifty enemies on the map at a time. Also the never ending enemy reinforcements was a bitch. Really fun game though.
>>
>>388338905
>>388339272
>Sonybros with the instant assblast

You'd guess you'd have game to play on your PS4
>>
>>388348471
I don't think console warriors enjoy video games.
>>
File: 11.jpg (200KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
200KB, 900x1350px
>>388338568
The artstyle doesn't look good on the 3DS.
Had it been on the Wii U, it would've looked better.
They really should've made it more like Mignola and gave the game more atmosphere.
Also ENEMY TURN
>>
>>388338568
Stopped halfway. I really wanted to like this game but I just can't bring myself to play it again.
>>
>>388348471
The fuck are you talking about? S.T.E.A.M. was on 3DS & a new nintendo ip. I liked it, no one else was excited. Mario does it, boom hot cakes. What does me saying Bing Bing Wahoo have to do with sony?
>>
>>388348364

The enemy reinforcements are what killed the game for me. Yeah sure have some surprise enemies so the first time around is exciting, but goddamn don't send an entire goddamn army on every map. The thought of going through some of that bullshit again for the coins or whatever sounds awful.
>>
>>388350492
Reinforcements aren't a problem, it's just that they don't stop. Even worse on stages with enemy artillery.
>>
It got fucked over by the shitty enemy wait times in the demo, the art style and the retarded game reviewers who bitched because you couldn't turtle and cheese the levels easily.
Great game though.
>>
>>388338568
As someone who actually bought and enjoyed the game I still hate the aesthetic and story. It's that bad. Steampunk was so played out by the time this was announced
>>
File: 1503571278041.jpg (40KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1503571278041.jpg
40KB, 720x960px
Code Name S.T.E.A.M.?

More like Cartoon Network S.T.E.A.M. Finn, Grandpa Max, Jasper, Dr. Venture and Mandy are all in this game.
>>
>>388351084
What do you not like about the story? I thought saving Randolph and raiding the Emerald City were both really cool. The ending was fun as well.
>>
>>388341031

Difficulty curve and pacing being all over the place, with some flying enemies being able to stop your characters from doing anything for several turns at a time.

It has a multiplayer mode, too, but I never tried that because it seemed as if nobody was ever on the servers to play.
>>
>>388340432
This. I didn't buy it because it wasn't anime.
>>
>>388353994
"anime" sucks shit. Things made by people who give a fuck are good.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.