[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who would win a 1v1, Maser Chief vs Darth Vader? Assume that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 9

File: mc vs dv.jpg (128KB, 1166x426px) Image search: [Google]
mc vs dv.jpg
128KB, 1166x426px
Who would win a 1v1, Maser Chief vs Darth Vader?

Assume that Master Chief is armed with his Assault rifle, a magnum, and an Energy sword, where Darth Vader is armed with his Light Saber and his force powers.

I think it's Master Chief, he has near if not equal reaction time to a Jedi, superior armaments and luck is on his side. Vader's force powers would not be enough to overcome the Chief
>>
>>388336291
>some super soldier beating a Sith Lord
Vader doesn't have instant reaction the force gives him what is akin to foresight
>>
The only person who loses is Shadman since there's no hideous Loli with gap teeth to draw here
>>
>>388336794

What good is foresight when a assault rifle is unloading on you? What's he going to do stop the bullets with his lightsaber? Even if he could hit every one they would pass through and little balls of molten lead would pepper him.

Master Chief stomps in this scenario.
>>
>>388337379
chiefs always been fucked when people use telekinesis to pick him up

happened with the didact and cortana

vader wins with force grab alone
>>
>>388337671

They did that via technology though, not force magic, how are we to know that the chief would be effected by vaders wizardry
>>
>>388337379
>>388337671
https://youtu.be/N4SVvIedrV4
Exactly the second guy's point. Master Chief is the dude at 1:01.
>>
>>388336291
Vader. The force isn't just wizard telekinesis. It is basically the will of the fucking universe that controls probability. Chief doesn't have this, so he'd be shit on.
>>
File: what did you have.jpg (10KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
what did you have.jpg
10KB, 600x338px
>>388339389

The universe wills the chief to win a lot of the time. He's basically the God of Luck; Cortana pretty much tells him as much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkYEnc4I_no
>>
>>388339389
Everyone always focuses on the "powers" that the movies and games showed but those aren't powers, it's just examples of how he can use his power. Darth Nihilus is also using the force and look what crazy things that motherfucker pulled off.
>>
Did you not see what the Diadect did to the chief? Yeah right force powers cant overcome the chief...
>>
File: angery.jpg (6KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
angery.jpg
6KB, 480x360px
>>388340498

>what the didact did was force related
>>
There was a Death Battle with Master Chief and Boba Fett.
How does Boba stack against Darth?
>>
>>388341120

I just watched that, and it seemed utterly retarted.

There is no way that that motherfucker could stand toe to toe with chief in a fist fight.

Retarted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsId7yHuYwc
>>
>>388341120
Vader deflected every shot and gadget from Boba, disarmed him and was basically ready to kill him. (Enemy of the Empire)
Boba got owned then materialized a lightsaber out of Hammerspace, was in the defensive and got herded out of the cantina into the streets by Vader. Boba got disarmed and thrown into a wall. (Tales #11 / Prey)
>>
>>388336291
Are bullets confirmed faster than blaster shots? If so I'd think constant suppressive fire from something like the assault rifle will be bound to frag Vader eventually.
>>
>>388342208

Blaster shots are slow as shit.

https://www.wired.com/2012/05/star-wars-blaster-speed/
>>
>>388342208
Something tells me Vader and any other capable Jedi/Sith could just do the Matrix trick and stop bullets mid air if they wanted to.
>>
>>388342698
I don't think that could be the case, in the autistic nu-trilogy not-Revan was having trouble just holding one blaster bolt in mid-air. Now unless your Revan or yoda levels of force powee level there's absolutely no way to hold an entire barrage of kinetic projectiles.
>>
>>388342698
Shielding seems more like a Jedi thing.
Although they could Force push everything away.

But there have been multiple immortal sith.
>>
>>388343051
In Rogue One Vader throws a bolt back like it's nothing
>>
>>388336794
Precog is much less effective when you're using weapons that can't be dodged or reflected easily.
If you hide your emotions and don't think heavily about what you're doing then force precog is significantly less effective as well.

Also lightsabers do TERRIBLY against energy shields.
>>
>>388343632

one bolt is a lot different from automatic fire from a weapon that fires at 650 rounds per minute
>>
>>388342698
Kylo is a shit-tier Sith though, everyone knows this.
>>
>one of the, if not the strongest, of a group of basically wizards who can will the universe to act in their favor
vs
>pretty strong, pretty fast dude with a gun
>>
>Who knows if space wizardry even effects

Nigga Luke lifts a fuckin space fighter with his mind and that was beginner grade excersice

If you describe "Luck" as the universe assisting you on this task, than the force is you jamming your cock into the universe till its your moaning bitch

Only shot Chief has is with the SRS hiding more than a kilo away, cause if Vader knows. there's nothing shields or armor lock can do if he just causes the armor to crumple into a ball and tosses into the garbage
>>
>>388343684
The lightsaber is literally just a toy, nobody needs it. Even Spaceballs got it right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjVatNQr-GM
>>
>>388336291
Master Chief
>>
>>388343896
You only aim at one point at a time. So the Sith would have to move his saber along the path the projectiles are expected to hit.

And perhaps force push back whatever he wants.
>>
File: _n6lTA.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
_n6lTA.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>388343896
>>
>>388336291
This is literally just choke force.
No light saber, no lightning.

I am a Halo fan, but there has never been a clearer outcome, thanks to the crappy unoriginal Halo 4
>>
>>388343684
Halo energy shields are actually weak against energy weapons though. Vader can force push Chief's weapon away and then Chief is just dead.
>>
>>388344345

neo=/= darth vader

>>388344346

He doesn't use the force, it is a device that manipulates gravity.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1402x904px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1402x904px
Who wins?
>>
>>388344523
but the effect is mostly the same
>>
>>388344345
but he can only be neo IN the matrix?
>>
>>388344487
Force users can't just casually push/pull/choke anyone who isn't just a regular guy. Most force powers require them to concentrate and maintain line of sight. People who are trained to fight them and take advantage of this can do just fine
>>
>>388344848
Strong force users can bend minds, pull spaceships from kilometers away, eat planets and be fucking immortal. Force powers are not clearly defined and this entire discussion is moot. Our best guess is that Vader would win with the powers of bullshit.
>>
>>388344848
They absolutely can casually push/pull/choke pretty much anyone who isn't another force user.
>>
>>388345098

why was boba fet able to fight obi wan without getting completely fucked?
>>
>Moves like molasses
>Weapons made for lesser soldiers recoil like crazy in his hands
>Most trademark weapons are inaccurate as shit even before the recoil factor
>Dies if bonked once in the back of his head

Master Chief is the ultimate in being cool in cutscenes because he sucks in game beyond his jump height. While I enjoyed playing them I never felt like a badass super soldier in any of the Halo games.
>>
>>388336291
master chef bunnyhops backwards whilst shooting and vader can't catch up because his suit was made wrong, as a joke
>>
>>388345568
The games tone Chief down for gameplay purposes.
>>
>>388345795
And the movies tone Vader down due to budget and technical constraints. You're starting to see how dumb this thread is.
>>
>>388345221
Jedi have rules or some shit about violently using the force. It's the same reason they don't force choke everyone. Vader obviously isn't a Jedi, so this doesn't apply to him.
>>
>>388336291
>force powers
Gee, I really wonder who wins.
>>
>>388336291
You underestimate force power, m8. Vader could simply force push Master Chief into anything a kill him that way. There is nothing that Master Chief could do to harm Vader.
>>
Even Disney Vader stomps Captain King
>>
>>388344675
No
Watch the third movie
>>
>>388343051
Kylo Ren is pretty weak compared to Vader
>>388343684
A force user can just stop your gun from cycling at all
>>
>>388336291
Are we going by video game Vader powers since it's vs chief? Because video game darth Vader is even stronger than movie Vader
>>
>>388345973
>>388345221
This. Jedi never use the force directly to kill, not because they can't but because they won't. Killing with a lightsaber is use of a tool in combat, you can distance yourself somewhat from the act. Choking someone out with the force is akin to being able to wish other people into a painful death, it requires concentration sure but it's always a deliberate act of muder for which the victim has no defense.
>>
>>388346552

Man all those jedi with precognition and magic powers couldn't stop order 66

Why didn't they just jam those blasters?
>>
>>388339018
why would he not?
>>
>>388346425
At what point did Neo use superpowers outside of Matrix?
>>
>>388346857
Watch the third movie
>>
>>388346798
Those Jedi aren't darth Vader tho
>>
>>388346953

He said a force user, those were force users. Do you have an example of Vader stopping a firearm before it fires?
>>
>>388346857
Third movie when he blows up an army of sentinel when he's trying to get to their city with trinity
>>
>>388346947
I did a few times years ago and I don't feel like rewatching it.

I googled for it and now that I think about there might have been something like that. But doesn't that just mean the "real world "is just another layer of the matrix then?
>>
The majority of the time Vader stomps Chief. Chief has a chance depending on how many projectiles from chiefs gun Vader can stop at once. If Vader can pull a Neo and stop them all then Chief has ZERO chance.

The energy sword wouldn't help that much either. Nobody would pick chief in a sword duel with Vader. Only shot in this case is if Vader gets cocky then taken by surprise or gets caught off guard by the energy swords odd shape.
>>
>>388336291
>1v1

Vader, easily. Force powers let you predict danger, stop bullets, reflect and dodge lasers, telekinetically overpower people, etc. The lightsaber would actually be the least relevant aspect of Vader's "arsenal" in this exchange.

>in their franchises

I'd bet on Chief; the Empire is staffed almost exclusively by professional fuckups and the advantages conferred by the Force in single combat won't do a lot to protect you from orbital bombardment or ship to ship munitions followed by the vacuum of space. Force can affect even capital ships of course but not even Vader could overpower an entire fleet out gunning for his ass and willing to take casualties to do it.
>>
>>388347729
Not even that. Disregard stopping bullets, Vader can just use something like force speed and force push and the duel is over. That's simple stuff. If you make Chief immune to force Vader can just bend some surroundings and crush Chief with it.
>>
Didn't Vader pull a star destroyer out of space using the force?

Captain King would be torn to shreds
>>
File: 76547654.png (897KB, 1280x1034px) Image search: [Google]
76547654.png
897KB, 1280x1034px
>this kills the sithlord
>>
>>388347834
The thread is obviously about 1v1, what you're describing is essentially 1 million soldiers with spaceships lightyears away vs 1 dude, it's ridiculous.

>>388348032
That was his pupil in Force Unleashed who got killed by Vader later on.
>>
>>388347271
Watch the third movie
>>
>>388348232
>Force Unleashed is considered Lucas-level canon
Why do people like star wars
>>
>>388347945
Vaders capabilities thanks to the force are too much for damn near any character that relies on munitions. Save for an extremely lucky sniper maybe.

>>388347834
Empire vs UNSC would absolutely be in chiefs favour, especially if this is the UNSC after they allied with the elites. I'd still say it would be a close call though because then the emperor comes into the mix.
>>
>>388345904
It really is
>>
>>388348383
I don't consider that game canon but Lucas can't handle his own franchise either so I don''t know what that level you speak of is.
>>
>>388339726
thanks for reminding me how dumb and cringey halo is
>>
>>388348648
>Darth Icky
What the fuck George?
>>
>>388348648
It's not a thing anymore, but when George held the series reigns, there were tiers of canon, and the top level was referred to as "G-canon" which is basically the word of God. Anything in G-canon that contradicts something from a novel or cartoon or comic book or whatever that came out before is the new truth.

The Force Unleashed was officially G-canon, as in it definitively happened in the same universe as the movies where the most exciting thing Luke does is pull his lightsaber to him from across the room.
>>
>>388345221
Plot
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.