[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain the meme to me why Great Bay Temple is apparently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Great_Bay_Temple_(interior).png (860KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Great_Bay_Temple_(interior).png
860KB, 1366x768px
Can someone explain the meme to me why Great Bay Temple is apparently shit? Is it because they fucked up the swimming controls in the 3DS port?
>>
>>388327006
Yes, it's newfags with no sense of principle or virtue played the 3ds version and being the worse version, great bay is somehow bad
>>
>>388327006
It's either 3DS babbies playing the butchered version or people with no spatial reasoning skills.
>>
>>388327006
It's a bit disorienting
>>
>>388327006
I breeze through GBT every time I run through MM now but I still get nauseous just entering it due to bad times with it as a kid.
>>
File: 8 AM.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
8 AM.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>Whenver I replay OoT I can play the 3DS version in bed because it's more or less a 1:1 remake
>Can't do the same with MM because they changed too much shit that they didn't need to
>>
>>388327006
I think it's more a meme that the water temple in any given Zelda game is the worst dungeon.
>>
>>388327856
>Swamp Palace, Jabu Jabu's (OoA), Mermaid's Cave, Great Bay Temple
>bad
There are only two horrible water dungeons in the franchise, Water Temple and Lakebed. Lakebed shouldn't even be a surprise since all the dungeons in Twilight Princess are shit so by default there is a bad ice, forest, sky, shadow, and desert temple
>>
>>388327658
what changed?
>>
>>388328193
Off the top of my head

>bosses have big glowing eye weakpoints. Gyorg is improved, but the others are worse
>Zora swimming is slower and easier to control, but now you need to use magic to go fast, making swimming in the sea pretty slow unless you want to waste your magic
>Deku palace stealth section made optional
>Bomber notebook is now mandatory, which is fine, but now it updates for literally every thing you do, which gets irritating

I'm sure there's more, but those were the ones that bugged me the most.
>>
>>388328472
>deku palace stealth section is optional

I don't remember this. I do remember that they moved the invisible soldier with the stone mask from ikana canyon to the pirate's fortress itself. I guess they didn't want you to completely ignore the stealth in that part?
>>
>>388328693
I liked that change actually, because it forces you to sneak for a bit. As for the deku palace, they added a hole outside of it that leads straight to the magic beans.
>>
>>388328472
You forgot
>made entire game brighter and more colorful
>can't use ice arrows to make platforms anywhere you want anymore
>can skip to whatever time you want with double song of time, removing any need to plan your days in advance to get shit done
>can save anywhere you want, which while convenient also kinda fucks with the tense atmosphere and groundhog day loop of the game a lot
I found it an extremely disappointing remake desu
>>
>>388330325
More than kinda. Being able to reset and savescum ruins the game's entire premise.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.