[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>game has mechanics that make it easier >they're optional

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: 4545445.jpg (16KB, 285x249px) Image search: [Google]
4545445.jpg
16KB, 285x249px
>game has mechanics that make it easier
>they're optional and meant for beginners
>"wooow this game is for babies! 0/10 too easy"
>>
>Game has mechanic designed to make it easier
>You don't have to use it, but the game is designed around it and unplayable without it
>>
File: 1488037193797.png (194KB, 470x220px) Image search: [Google]
1488037193797.png
194KB, 470x220px
>the game has mechanics
>>
I shouldn't have to intentionally ignore aspects of a game to make it somewhat challenging.
>>
File: 1463527524525.jpg (24KB, 960x422px) Image search: [Google]
1463527524525.jpg
24KB, 960x422px
>>388326409
>>
>>388326409
>tips fedora
>>
>>388326409
i think he's referring to stuff like autocombos in recent fightans
which are actually not bad, since they suck as soon as you get over beginner level, but can help scrubs beat other scrubs and understand the other mechanics of the game
>>
>>388326409
>/v/ will actually disagree with this

Intentionally limiting my own options makes any challenge the game has feel artificial.
>>
>>388327324
>criticize Pokemon for being too easy
>lol just do a Nuzlocke then

>criticize Kirby for being too easy
>lol just do a no-ability run then

Why is this allowed?
>>
File: eli-manning.jpg (122KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
eli-manning.jpg
122KB, 640x360px
>>388327324
>Gosh this Pokemon game is too easy 0/10
>You're playing on Switch mode with EXP Share on, idiot. Turn that shit off.
>B-BUT I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO HANDICAP MYSELF
>When your dad took the training wheels off your bike, did you throw a tantrum because he was """""""handicapping"""""""" you? Because that's what you're doing right now.
It's just retards looking for something to bitch about. Just laugh at them and their idiocy.
>>
>>388327493
These are games literally designed for children to beat. If you can't imagine taking the training wheels off then that's your own problem.
>>
>>388327709
/thread/
>>
>>388326409
So when you play a game with cheat codes built in, you always enter every single one? Otherwise, you'd be intentionally ignoring aspects of the game, right?
>>
>>388327228
No, I think he's referring to quest markers.
>>
>>388326126
I think the whole idea of having difficulties makes games usually feel worse even if you play on the "intended difficulty"
When they only give you 1 option they at least try to design the game for that.
>>
>>388327709
God pokefags need to off themselves
>>
File: fvdcsjxnk.gif (67KB, 446x400px) Image search: [Google]
fvdcsjxnk.gif
67KB, 446x400px
>>388328272
>I don't have a counterargument so I'm just going to tell people to kill themselves
>>
>>388327709
Playing Pokemon on Set with EXP Share off is playing with the training wheels off, but it's still easy.
Nuzlocke runs are like biking while only using one leg to pedal.
>>
>>388328646
Nope, they're noticeably harder. Switch in itself is broken as it lets you always have a Pokemon with the type advantage out against and opponents, so it is difficult, especially depending on the game.

Regardless, difficulty in general is completely subjective, which is why it's not a valid criticism.
>>
>>388328910
It really isn't that much harder. It just means you don't get a free turn to switch. And playing with the EXP Share turned off just means you'll have to grind more.
>>
>>388329130
>It really isn't that much harder. It just means you don't get a free turn to switch
Getting a free turn is huge. Especially if the Pokemon you switch in is slower than the opponents. That means they get to go twice. So it really is noticeably harder.

>And playing with the EXP Share turned off just means you'll have to grind more.
If you fucking grind then of course the game will be easy. You can play the hardest RPG in the world and it'll be piss-easy if you over-level your characters with 2 hours of grinding. Don't do it then.
>>
>>388329467
>If you fucking grind then of course the game will be easy. You can play the hardest RPG in the world and it'll be piss-easy if you over-level your characters with 2 hours of grinding. Don't do it then.
So you agree that having the EXP Share on or off is inconsequential to the game's difficulty?
>>
>>388329130
>It just means you don't get a free turn to switch

That's a huge deal. It trivializes almost any encounter as long as you have a reasonably balanced party.
>>
>>388327849
Dumbass, you have to go out of your way to enable those.
>>
>>388326409
Like you do with all Souls games?
>>
>>388327709
Wouldn't it be when your dad put the training wheels on your bike?
>>
>>388326409
Do you always play games on the easiest difficulty?
>>
>>388329613
Of course not. If you keep EXP share on the entire game, your team will very likely be overleveled. If you play with it off, your team won't be and may even be underleveled, making the game harder.

It's simple, if you want the game to be more challenging, don't grind and don't use EXP share. If you want the game to be easy, do use those things.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.