[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished Sundered, has anyone else played it/what did they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

Just finished Sundered, has anyone else played it/what did they think? Here are my thoughts:

It took a while to get into as the combat is a bit boring when you don't have anything unlocked but once you get dash and grapple it's fun as fuck. More Metroidvanias need to put a heavier influence on aerial combat if they're all going to give the tools to zip around in the air.

The procedural generation meant exploring felt a bit samey at times but the challenge rooms where hoards constantly spawned were pretty interesting/fun.

I also liked the approach to exploration with everything opening back on to the central area, the runs up to boss rooms/difficult places never felt too far to have to do a couple times when you die. The approach to leveling up was good and I'm sucker for skill grids ever since FF10 but you get kinda OP towards the end.

All in all great game, would recommend.
>>
>>388325824
How many difficulty settings?
>>
>>388325824
Is it a roguelike?
>>
Why play a 5/10 when you could play Hollow Knight, a 10/10
Also it has tons of aerial combat
>>
>>388326370
Fuck off, shill.
>>
File: sundered_screenshot_5.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sundered_screenshot_5.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>388326078
Pretty sure it's three. Playing on hard was a good level of challenge, could have been a bit more difficult I think. Haven't played normal but I can imagine it would be way too easy. Also the art is phenomenal, just like Jotun
>>
>>388326146
Not quite. You get to keep your stuff after death and shortcuts stay unlocked. However the layouts are random with a few anchor points that are always the same and you always start from the same place when you die. Also enemy spawns are dynamic.
>>
>get shot through walls
>the game
>>
>>388326560
How good are you at vidya? Do you usually play on the highest setting?
>>
I tried to like it because it's a metroidvania but the level design is really bland and boring.
>>
File: jsfadkl.jpg (42KB, 399x554px) Image search: [Google]
jsfadkl.jpg
42KB, 399x554px
>>388326991
>see projectiles coming from the other side of the screen, because they're drawn over walls
>decided not to dodge or deflect them
>>
>>388327135
>Do you usually play on the highest setting?
Yes. I'm pretty good at platformers/2d action games.
>>
>>388326370
>why play games that aren't as good as other games
Guess we should have all went home and called it a day when they release Quake right?
>>
>>388327435
Thanks. I'll probably buy it. Look into Abyss Odyssey (PS3/PS4). Great game. PS4's got the definitive version. Seems like your kinda game.
>>
Can someone give me a quick rundown on the lore? I get that the cultists and Valkaries were fighting over eldritch powers, but what were they? Is it the eldritch shards themselves they were mining for and taking power from? Also what's the connection between the shards, Nyarlathotep and the portal behind him? Was the cult leader trying to summon him? If so why was the portal in the cathedral?

Also what's the deal with the shining trapezohedron? Who is it and why does it want you to corrupt yourself so bad?
>>
>>388328278
That's the Chilean one right? I remember seeing that and thinking it looked cool, I'll check it out at some point thanks for the rec.
>>
>>388327153
It was at times, yeah. The games real strengths are the challenge rooms and bosses.
>>
The eldritch language was pretty cool. The main narrator was better than most voice acting I've heard in games this year, despite speaking gibberish.
>>
As cool as it was I'm disappointed each ending had a different boss fight. I'm not going to go back and play it again any time soon but I wouldn't have minded an extra boss.
>>
>>388327290
>you have to proceed through every ingame area( randomly generated SMALL shafts btw)
while x2 shaft size beams are fire at you
>just dodge it xDDD
shitter game for shit-eater crowd
>>
>>388330696
There's only one enemy in the game that fires big beams and you can just wait in the open areas until their cooldown before zipping up the shafts. Git fucking gud scrub.
>>
>>388328528
Yeah. That's the one.
>>
Can anyone explain the plot to me I feel like I only half got it?
>>
>>388326370
>HK twice as good as Sundered
It was the better game sure but that's an exaggeration and you know it
>>
Good game, slightly too long.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.