[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Playing around for hours and hours >Finally decide to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

>Playing around for hours and hours
>Finally decide to get a horse
>Run around on it for 10 minutes
>"Neat"
>Never used one again
Like 70 hours in btw.
>>
nice blog post
>>
You probably got a shit one, but yeah they are pretty useless for mountainous areas. I mainly used mine to traverse areas I had already explored but needed to get somewhere else.
>>
>>388325581
They're useless in general.
>>
File: 1436208357175.png (1MB, 1018x728px) Image search: [Google]
1436208357175.png
1MB, 1018x728px
>Get on the Elephant for the first time (1st dungeon too)
>ominous as fuck music starts playing
>creepy as fuck purple goo that shits skulls at you
>damn I'm not prepared for this dungeon yet, gotta get some food and good weapons
>didn't matter at all because all dungeons and enemies are piss easy
>you are then reminded again that nintendo hates difficulty
>you are reminded of that fact again when you destroy Ganon's ass first try without having to heal once with only one row of hearts

I... I wanted to love it guys...
>>
File: eyeball balloon.jpg (8KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
eyeball balloon.jpg
8KB, 290x174px
>>388326757
>final boss's most "concentrated evil" is a giant fucking eyeball that grows out of him

They let Aonuma out of his cage at the worst moments.
>>
>>388326417
I was on one more often than not so I guess I just didn't climb as much shit as you.
>>
>>388325439
>Side quests
Are for the most part, extremely mediocre and almost exclusively fetch quests/shrine bait. Take the only two widely accepted good side quests. Tarry Town and Evantide Island

Tarry Town is nothing but fetch quest bait and Eventide Island is essentially the Great Plateau but far worse and much shorter. No story, no interesting characters, no cool loot (another fucking shrine) nothing but more of what you had already been doing the past 20~ hours leading up to you finding that quest which essentially is, collecting shit and fighting the same reskinned enemies.

>Story
Does it even need to be argued? It's typical Zelda "save duh world" shit.

>Shrines
2~ minute long sections that have 1~ puzzle to solve that didn't even trouble DSP. The only memorable shrine was that star one

>Dungeons
Interesting in design but gameplay wise, they fall flat as fuck. They're essentially, "slightly longer shrines" with a boss fight at the end.

>Combat
Somehow, Nintendo made a worse combat system than Witcher 3. Flurry rush completely breaks the game and entirely trivialises the only "somewhat" hard enemies with the Lynels.

>Open world
Fun for the first 10 hours (literally the only good thing in the game) but once you realize that there's fucking NOTHING to find outside of the same reskinned enemies ("Oh, a Frost bat!" "Oh, a lightning bat!", "Oh, a frost Lizard", "Oh, a fire Lizard!", "Oh, a white Mokoblin!", "Oh, a red Mokoblin!"), another fucking shrine or literal TREE POOP, you quickly get bored and lose all motivation to explore.

The game is essentially Just Cause 2 and MGSV tier. A great engine/foundation with absolute shit tier content and disgustingly repetitive game design.

I would trade every single "WOAH, LOOK AT HOW FUCKING CUHRAAAAAZY THIS IS" moment for some actual fucking good side quests.
>>
>>388327302
Shrines were a mistake, they made exploration feel unrewarding because wherever you go, there's always one of them there, waiting for you with another weapon inside that'll break in 3 swings.
>>
>>388327603
The only weapons that break in the meme three swings are
>tree branches
>rusty weapons that sat outside for 100 years
Those are self explanatory. The other low durability weapons are
>energy weapons that clue you in with the description and as a trope in games (halo comes to mind) are historically short lived, their exaggerated frailty a check on their relative power to other early weapons
>wooden clubs reinforced with bone which don't scream durable
>maybe traveler tier gear but you don't run into these consistently after more than 3 hours into the 80-ish hour post-plateau game
These still last for 40-50 hits on appropriate targets and this meme should die
>>
>>388328338
>being this triggered to write a wall of text
The problem is not that it breaks or not, the problem is that this game always gives you
temporary rewards, except for the couple shrines that give you armor pieces.
>>
>>388327302
New pasta!
>>
>>388328821
Not him but those are perfectly fine arguments, not every single one, but he made pretty good points. I really hope Nintendo understands the faults on the game for the next Zelda, I they're on the good track but the shrines definitely fucked any sense of adventure in the game.
>>
>>388329104
>arguments
There is literally no argument other that 'it's bad cuz I said so'
>>
>>388327302
No one asked for your copypasta opinion autismo.
>>
>>388329192
I agree with him in Dungeons, Shrines and partly Side quests, I also think that Flurry Rush is way too OP, I kept using it again and again to kill all lynels.
But yeah he did made some retarded comments like Story, which I really enjoyed.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.