[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do I lose karma when I kill members of the brotherhood of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: fall.jpg (42KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
fall.jpg
42KB, 460x215px
Why do I lose karma when I kill members of the brotherhood of Steel? Aren't they considered bad guys or at least shady dudes in this universe?
>>
No. They're not evil, they're just dicks.
>>
a better question is why do I lose karma for stealing shit from fucking Powder Gangers?
>>
>>388322925
This
>>
>>388323285
Because stealing is wrong
>>
>>388323285
Because the Karma system is fucking stupid.

>>388322830
See above, with a side of what >>388322925
said. Yeah they're dicks, one could even say they're shady, and they're idiots for starting shit with the NCR, I don't know if I'd say they're full on Evil though.
>>
>>388323285
Because they're people just trying to make a living
>>
>>388322830
They're ultimately an idealistic group who want to help humanity, but they quickly became cynical and instead of helping to develop new technologies to assist the budding civilizations of the Wasteland, they just started hoarding any advanced technology they deemed to dangerous to be left in the hands of outsiders.
>>
>>388323285
>gain karma for killing them
>lose karma for stealing from them

good stuff
>>
>>388322830
Im too lazy to check but Jsawyer mod probably fixes this since it fixes a bunch of retarded karma things in vanilla.
>>
>tfw you dont have a ps3 anymore and you were a little bitch each playthrough and never sided with the legion
>>
>>388322830
Karma should've just been dropped from the game, and i get the feeling that they intended to do so.
As far as i know your karma rating has no actual effect on the game, and the faction rep system was totally superior.
It was always stupid because instead of leaving it up to the player to decide whether their actions were morally justified or not, it was just written out for them
>yeah killing powder gangers is a-ok because they're ebil
>>
>>388322830
because killing people just because they're obnoxious is still fucking evil
>>
>>388323952
affects the endings
>>
>looting crates outisde chet's store is stealing
>looting crates outside the saloon isn't
really made me think
>>
>>388324262
>hey can you supply us to help defend the town from powder gangers
>no muh profits
at least its in character
>>
>>388323952
Karma affects how companions treat you i think (some hate evil people), affects the ending slides and the lvl 50 perks depends on what karma you have. Evil is the best one for combat so ideally youre evil then go good since taking the perk resets your karma.
>>
>cant romance pretty sarah

SHIT GAME
>>
>>388324706
Or Lily.
>>
>>388325320
pls no
>>
>>388324706
mods
>>
>>388325849
i dont use mods
>>
>>388322830
Who gives a shit karma means nothing in New Vegas, like everything else you do.
>>
>>388325939
>he doesent know
>>
>>388325909
jokes on you I'm fucking Pretty Sarah
>>
>>388325939
what do you mean?
>>
The whole Karma point shit was porbably too much of a hassle to remove entirely and besides, the devs love their space marine rip off.
>>
File: 1503377320992.jpg (237KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1503377320992.jpg
237KB, 960x540px
>>388322830
This always annoyed me, why are these pieces of shit special making you lose karma for killing them when they provoke you yet you can kill all the Boomers and Khans as you please?
>>
>>388325320
Lewding grandma is strictly forbidden
>>
>>388324163
and ironically enough, murdering someone in cold blood isn't evil if the person killed was evil, despite murder being an evil action in of itself.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.