[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The "leaking" of the HL3 story may actually be one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: hl2-unreal-engine-4-3.jpg (430KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hl2-unreal-engine-4-3.jpg
430KB, 1920x1080px
The "leaking" of the HL3 story may actually be one of the best things that happened to the series.

It's pretty clear that valve has no intention of making the final game, especially not after recent events, but maybe that's a good thing.
Instead of getting a 10 year development-hell suffering, play-it-safe, normie accessible and uninteresting sequel forced into a 15 year old engine, fans now have complete freedom to create the game they always wanted.
Half life 3 is such a prominent game that there is certainly enough developers and artists willing to work on a project to bring it to life, using a modern engine and modern tools instead of being bound to source.
The entire apartment level in pic related was created in unreal engine by a single person, just image what a whole team could do.
>>
I don't want to read the huge ass script

Someone give me a quick run down
>>
>>388315989
Fan made HL3 has the potential to be better than actual HL3. Not limited by having to use the source engine or catering to normies. Can make the game everyone always wanted in unreal or similar.
>>
>>388315792
Who said it was going to be on Source lad?
HL3 was supposed to be revolution as HL and HL2 were.
>>
>>388316154
a bunch of gay hobbyist are not going outshine the game design work of professionals
>>
>>388315989
>I don't want to read the huge ass script

Something about Gordon and Alyx firing the biggest bang bang device there is at the combine, Alyx gets kidnapped by the G-Man and he leaves Gordon to die but ET saves Gordon.

The big bang bang device does absolutely nothing against the colombine and Gordon pops out into far future earth where humanity is still fighting the columbus.

War never changes and it's all pointless the end.
>>
>>388315989
There are like 5 paragraphs of a condensed synopsis, you lazy faggot.
>>
>>388316319
Because all the previous games used it and so has every game valve has ever released.
You don't just put all that time and money into an engine to decide to not use it.
HL1: GoldSrc
HL2: Source
HL3: Source 2
Would have been what happened.
Everyone expected HL3 to be the flagship source 2 game, maybe after L4D3.
>>
>>388315989
Gordon fucks your mom and you happen.
>>
>>388316418
That's pretty dumb
>>
>>388316358
This is a video of the level in the OP.
You're underestimating the power of gay hobbyists.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a32GBI22_Vc
>>
It's bad and that's why Valve didn't want to make it
>>
>>388315989
Its like 500 words. Apply yourself you ADHD autist.
>>
>>388316803
>copying existing game design, but with modern grafix
Doesn't mean anything. It's easier to trace than to draw.
>>
>>388315792
I wholy agree. I wouldn't want it to be the next Duke nukem forever
>>
>>388318649
Fair point.
I suppose even full games made by fans like black mesa have had valve do all the level design work for them.

Creating an entire game without any levels and the only story being a short document would be monumentally more work.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.