[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The SoM remake looks like a shitty mobile game. It doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

The SoM remake looks like a shitty mobile game. It doesn't do justice to the artwork or even the original's spritework. Squeenix could have remade SoM to truly look like it's artwork, the way it looked in our fucking imaginations back then. Even the 3DS could handle that, let alone PS4/PC/Vita.

So what is everyone getting excited about? It's a $40 game that looks like
run-of-the-mill mobileshit that was very likely outsourced to a no-name company. It's ugly as fuck. What the fuck is the point?
>>
Check out this fucking shit. I'm not cherry-picking, these are the original official screenshots that are supposed to showcase what the whole thing is about. Does anyone consider this good-looking?
>>
>>388314715
dont call it mobile shit, it's the future you choose.
>>
>>388314715
>What the fuck is the point?

It's $40. That's the point
>>
>>388314884
>it's $40 so it's allowed to look like garbage
You are one dense cunt
>>
>>388314715
>character throws shadows
>>388314830
>character doesn't throw shadows

What the fuck
>>
>>388314715
>The SoM remake looks like a shitty mobile game.
because it is anon.
>>
>>388315073
Fucked if I knew. Official screenshots.
>>
yup. take a game with great 2d art and make it generic 3d. then charge $$
>>
>>388315159
It's PC/PS4/Vita. It's not coming out on mobiles, at least not initially, is it?

Anyway, what I'm saying is /v/'s been creaming their panties over this yesterday. Where are the people praising "based Square-Enix" etc.?
>>
File: point.png (23KB, 500x301px) Image search: [Google]
point.png
23KB, 500x301px
>>388314996
>>
It runs on the Adventures of Mana engine which was a mobile game. Also, no idea why the hell you'd expect Squeenix to put effort into anything, considering this shit has been announced a few days ago.
>>
>>388315393
The only good news to come out of them about FFXV pocket is that they have no plans for a console port.
>>
File: fuck.png (29KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
29KB, 300x300px
>>388315492
Watch it being the teased Switch version, so Nintendo fans can also taste the disappointment, but in an uglier fashion.
>>
>>388315616
They said thats its not off the cards but they would have to see if Nintendo fans would even want the Pocket version, especially since they would have to add controller support since they said its touch only on phones.
They basically implied that its not the version they are making for Switch.
>>
>>388315731
Well, that's a relief. I think.
Is it?
>>
>>388315831
The worst would be if they kept the visuals for that version, the best would be if they made new visuals that would probably look closer to the PS3 builds or if they just dialed back the assets by hand.
>>
>>388314830
>>388314715
>one screenshot has shadows
>the other doesn't
nice shitty looking bullshot squareshit
>>
>>388314715
>>388314830
>Does anyone consider this good-looking?

To my amazement, yesterday I had an army of shit eaters defending this crap. So I guess there are people who consider this good-looking, but they must have incredibly fucked up taste.
>>
>>388316052
Opinions, and all. I think it looks pretty bad myself, but people here really need to stop getting their panties twisted just because someone thinks differently.
>Inb4 "where do you think you are" because this board is so original with its replies
>>
OP here.

So NOBODY defends the remake? Who the fuck fawned over it yesterday then?
>>
>>388315393
>fans complain that stylized graphics look and age better than 'realism'
>SE picks the laziest style possible and puts no effort into it
>>
>>388316167
I think it's only fair to get called out if "thinking different" equals to being plain retarded. Besides, where do you think you are?
>>
>>388316192
Why do you feel the need to argue with idiots? Let them play their mediocre remake, it's not like it's gonna affect you.
>>
>>388316192
Yesterday was a work day.
>>
>>388316290
>Why do you feel the need to argue with idiots?
Maybe they aren't idiots. Maybe they do have a point and I don't. Maybe the game has some gameplay improvements I don't know or something.
>>
>>388316375
Nah, they said they were gonna be faithful to the original, so it means you'll have to wait forever for your attack bar to fill up, spells will take forever to cast, etc... At least they're not remaking SD3.
>>
File: 0dcd5c84234675c3d7cddb1e9141296b.jpg (778KB, 1050x1260px) Image search: [Google]
0dcd5c84234675c3d7cddb1e9141296b.jpg
778KB, 1050x1260px
I would be more interested in some kind of Seiken Densetsu 3 remake, no 3d, just reworked and detailed sprite art, faithful to the original.

But we can't have good things, I know.
>>
i am going to buy it. ama op
>>
>>388314715
This is why I never play remakes.
If the game was good enough to warrant a remake, you should probably play the original.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.