[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>playing games in public is fine as long as you use your phone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

>playing games in public is fine as long as you use your phone
>people think you're a manchild if you use a device specifically designed for playing games in public

No wonder I'm a social outcast. Please explain
>>
>>388310792
I haven't seen anyone play videogames on their phone in the past 7 years my dude. Maybe you need to finish high school first in order to notice a difference.
>>
>>388310874
I see plenty of people play braindead gacha bullshit on the subterranean train.
>>
File: blin.jpg (22KB, 427x427px) Image search: [Google]
blin.jpg
22KB, 427x427px
What do you want us to explain? You described the phenomenon pretty well yourself.
>>
>>388310792
Seeing someone have such an interest in something that they'd take a device solely made for that purpose outdoors makes them feel uncomfortable. Liking anything too much that isn't productive (apart from a set few accepted things) is bad to most people, partly because they associate things completed detached from the realms of reality with childishness.

Of course, this will be just a passing thought, and they don't actually care about what you do.
>>
Why don't you explain is why playing games for 8 years old is so important to you that you can't wait 20 minutes on the train?

Doesn't sound very mature to me
>>
>>388310792
>q.t playing splat on her switch at the bus stop
>mid to late 20's
would "hey miss i noticed you like splattoon, well as it may be i have a splat gun id like to shoot you with ;)" work?
i need help picking her up
>>
>>388311508
>Doesn't sound very mature to me
fuck off you nigger
>>388310792
still caring about what other people think in """current year"""

Just do what you like desu
>>
>>388311795
Freedom to do what you like means people are also free to judge you for the kid you are
>>
>>388311945
Sure but you don't have to interact with them, so why care?
>>
>>388311945
>playing video games means you are child

you know where you are right?
>>
>>388312082
In public

I don't play games in public

I can wait to get home, unlike you
>>
>>388312183
being elitist about not playing games in public

your tism is showing
>>
>>388312292
Why do you not want to be judged?

You play the society game you follow the rules
If you don't you get judged.

Same for being fat btw, lose some weight or catch my smug stare
>>
File: COZY IN HERE.jpg (34KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
COZY IN HERE.jpg
34KB, 409x409px
>Bought an Xperia play shortly in my last year of high school
>Finished like 20 different games that year
>Once missed 2 bus stops because i was too absorbed in chrono trigger
>Once realized i had FF Tactics 2 blasting at full volume just before leaving the bus

Good autistic memories
>>
Question, if you bought a 3ds with 11.5 frimware you are fucked?
>>
>>388310792
The only place on earth where it's okay is Japan and only because the Otaku culture is huge there.

If you take a designed gaming handheld with you instead of trying to check some hot chicks out and get their number you deserve evey spite you can get.
>>
>>388310792
>>388312514
>>388312183
>>388311945
Who the fuck gives a shit. You can do anything you want and if you do it with confidence nobody will say anything or judge you. People who know you know you and probably share same interest, strangers tend not to care about others for more than 5 seconds.
>>
>>388312470
According to /hbg/ :

>[Aug 21] rpwng, a new userland exploit for use with RPG Maker Player on 11.5 firmware was released. https://mrnbayoh.github.io/rpwng/
-A 11.5 entrypoint for Flipnote Studio 3D has also been hinted at. You can get it for free from the My Nintendo service.
>>
>>388312470
Fucked from what?
>>
>>388312660
>Who the fuck gives a shit.

Your parents clearly don't
>>
>>388312660
Nah m8 I legitimately smirk at people playing 3ds in public
Doesn't help that 9/10 of them are fat And balding lol
>>
>>388312393
I didn't say you couldn't judge me, I said you were being an elitist prick about something stupid. I don't particularly give a shit what you think, I'm just gawking at how fucking stupid you are
>>
>>388312470
you can hack all firmware if you have a flashcart and a magnet
>>
Western media and advertising has declared that handhelds are for children and iPhones are for teenagers.

It's sad because Nintendo actually tried to do a lot of adult celebrity advertising with the DS but NoA fucked it up.
>>
>>388312393
>play the society game
Normie, please.
>>
>>388312949
He's taking public transport

That's being in society to me
>>
>>388310792
People don't judge you solely because you're playing handheld in public.
People judge you because you're unattractive AND playing handheld in public.
No one would judge if a 8/10++ man playing it instead.
>>
Anything you do in public while looking unattractive is creepy outcast shit
Anything you do in public while looking a fit and attractive is socially acceptable

An attractive man can play Animal Crossing in a park and be seen as a nice guy who does what he feels like
An unattractive man can spend his day off picking up trash in the park and mothers will take their children the long way around him while a police officer keeps his eye on him as a potential abductor

It has not and never will have anything to do with what you're actually doing in public
>>
>>388310792
Except nobody cares what the fuck are you doing.

If you are a fat insecure and smelly then yes,everybody is going to look at you but no because vidya.
>>
>>388312660
People don't care about someone playing video games and minding their own business. They care about loud people playing music without headphones and being obnoxious.

It isn't like you are going to be seeing anyone on that bus again regardless.
>>
Only thing worse than playing vidya in public is posting on /v/
>>
>>388313237
Fuck, when pokemon X and Y came out there were hot Asian chicks playing 3ds together on every train I got in.
>>
>>388311756
Oh yeah this totally won't get you arrested and put on the list.
>>
>>388313326
This
>>
>>388310792
Because it's normal to bring your phone anywhere, most people only play games on it in short bursts during breaks. Meanwhile, bringing a gaming device outside means that you plan to dedicate a huge amount of time solely for gaming, instead of doing whatever you came outside to do in the first place. (Video gaming is not an outdoor activity)
>>
>>388313787
Like sit on a bus?
>>
it's the planning involved
women notice this shit

>"i've got 10 minutes to kill and am bored so i'll get my phone out" - chad
>"better make sure i charged my switch so i can play wahoo mario on the bus" - virgin
>>
>>388314079
>chad sweating over what roasties think
""""""""alpha""""""""
>>
File: JUUJ.jpg (464KB, 858x1498px) Image search: [Google]
JUUJ.jpg
464KB, 858x1498px
>>388313970
>ON a bus
>>
Protip:
People don't actually give a shit, it's only /v/tards trying to make you think otherwise.
>>
>>388314139
i didn't say i was a chad
i would prefer to play a handheld but that's how it's viewed by society
>>
>>388314263
>that's how it's viewed by society
No it's not you insecure faggot.
>>
>>388314263
you're a failed/wannabe normie, aka beta
>>
File: KillMe.webm (327KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
KillMe.webm
327KB, 1280x720px
>>388312460

>tfw Sony will NEVER refresh the Xperia Play is modern specs

It's honestly the only thing I want in a modern cell phone.
>>
>>388310792
People who actually give a shit about others judging them are weak. It doesn't matter if you play vidya in public; if you look autistic, it's the way you're dressing/presenting yourself, not what you're doing.

I play my 3ds when I've got some time to kill in a coffee shop or at work. Shit, I used to play my psp back when I would wait to pick uo food in a particular restaurant, and the owner was genuinely interested in the device.
>>
>>388314369
It could run DS games smooth as butter, even most PS1 games and a few PSP titles
It's a bit blocky but i'm sure it's fallen even more out of fashion so you could definitely buy one for dirt cheap
>>
>>388310792
I wouldn't know, I'm not a degenerate that has to take public transport and drive myself everywhere instead
>>
>>388310792
>No wonder I'm a social outcast. Please explain
you can hide the fact that its a game on your phone not so when you got a dedicated gaymen device.
>>
>>388312909
That's why with the Switch commercials and stuff you only see twenty-somethings and never any kids
>>
What about playing 3ds in uni environment?
>>
>>388310792
That's because playing Nintendo consoles in general outs you as a manchild, regardless if it's in public or not.
>>
File: 4564564645.webm (196KB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
4564564645.webm
196KB, 400x226px
>>388314464

I don't doubt it's ability to still emulate games well, I just don't want to go back to Android 2.3. Probably higher with Root/Custom roms, but fuck all that noise anymore.
>>
File: who calls.jpg (370KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
who calls.jpg
370KB, 700x700px
>>388314615
3DS at uni is the fucking best dude i basically collected a shitton of streetpasses every day and i'd shittalk fat nerds both female and male on the streetpass plaza regularly
>>
Because it screams loser, chads can get away with it but if you're a frail dweeb its just compounding it

If you care about your image and peoples opinions then its better to game in private, people will look down on you

I dont care though and its not like they'll like me so I respect people who play in public (with headphones to be considerate) since noise is the only issue that anyone sensible and not a vapid zombie would complain about
>>
>>388310792
I worry about getting my ass beat and my shit stolen. Refer to the autist who was mugged out of all his pokemon go gear.
>but he was mugged in central park at 10pm
I've seen people mugged in broad daylight with tons of people around. That shit does not matter.
>>
>>388311756
Just go over there and ask "Wanna play some Salmon Run?" And pull out your Switch.
>>
>>388314615
Uni students prefer escapism over everything else, so you should be fine.
>>
>>388314469
You just haven't been to a large city before
>>
>>388311756
"Hey, I play that too! Want to have a game of Salmon Run?"
God's speed, Anon.
>>
>>388314615
That's when pokemon is cool again
>>
BING BING WAHOOO!
>>
>>388315625
>2 players Salmon Run
Might as well consider suicide, the whole thing falls apart if even one player drops out.
>>
>>388315537
americans drive everywhere in large cities too because their public transport is shit
>>
>>388315537
I lived in NYC and ended up walking everywhere because the subway was so filthy. At least I still had my car and could leave whenever I wanted to
Back in Toronto it's a lot easier to drive everywhere and it's like the 4th largest city in North America
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.