[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I started playing pic related but I can't handle the horrendous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
I started playing pic related but I can't handle the horrendous art style or the bad controls. I'm only an hour or so in. Is it worth pushing on? /v/ always praises this game and I normally trust our opinions but I'm not sure this one's for me.
>>
so you got this game with no research at all, pretty sure the horrendous controls are the first thing people mention
>>
>>388309159
i know game is cheesy as fuck but explain how are controls bad, i've played like half an hour or so
>>
Yeah stick with it. About two hours in the gameplay is changed into tight as fuck Devil May Cry action and the art style swaps into the sweetest big tittied anime waifu smorgasbord you can imagine.
>>
>>388309159
The directors cut controls exactly the same as any other Japanese horror game.
>>
>>388309159
no its a bad game
/v/ praises it because its made by chinks
>>
>>388310927
LYNCHED
>>
Game needs a Dougie Jones expansion
>>
>>388311328
A good Dougie game would be gotyay
>>
>>388312185
>press any button to repeat last thing said to you
>hold down L1 and R1 to perform midget takedown
>>
No. If it didn't click with you from the very first combat encounter and coffee room this game is not for you.
>>
>>388309159
no it is not

I somehow finished it, but it doesn't do anything well that you couldn't just watch online
>>
>>388309439
So complete shit?
>>
>>388309159
The only reason some people like the game is for the charm. If that isn't enough for you then drop it. There are no other saving graces.
>>
>>388309159
It's only worth putting time in if you enjoy goofy characters in a semi-spooky setting, and seeing those goofy characters get into goofy shenanigans while dealing with a bad situation.

It's Twin Peaks: The Game, so if you aren't into that then don't bother.
>>
It's complete insufferable shit from gameplay standpoint and visuals make it look like an early PS2 game, but it's still one of the most memorable and comfy games I've ever played. I always remember it with warmth in my heart.
>>
worth noting if you're into twin peaks that it's only TP on a surface level and it doesn't have nearly as interesting lore behind it so it's just 'lol weird'
>>
>>388312638
Should I watch Twin Peaks if I love DP?
>>
I think you should go play a suda51 game instead if you're looking for (some) polish.
>>
>>388309159
It has a certain, well, VERY peculiar twist near the end of the game. It's not even cool, it's just, well, sad, I guess, and I definitely didn't expect anything like that from this game. Very few games have managed to "get" me like that, and I wouldn't say it was particularly pleasant too.

But yeah, anyway, the art style and the controls will persist, I'm afraid, so adjust your expectations accordingly.
>>
>>388309159
nope it's not for you
>>
What game is this? Im interested
>>
>>388312820
>insufferable shit from gameplay standpoint
It's very clunky, but not that bad.
>>
>>388313147
Boku no Zack
>>
>>388313147
dog is mastermind.
>>
>>388312923
it's a lot better than deadly premonition stylistically so yeah
>>
File: 1500918838793.jpg (63KB, 433x409px) Image search: [Google]
1500918838793.jpg
63KB, 433x409px
>our opinions
>>
>>388313147
Newfag please leave.
>>
File: 1332451103291.jpg (239KB, 765x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1332451103291.jpg
239KB, 765x1000px
Keep playing. There is no guarantee that you will like it but at least you can say more than "I played one hour of it and it was shit".
>>
>>388312638
OP here, I'm into that. I might take a break and come back to it now that I know exactly what to expect.
>>388312923
You should watch it anyway
>>
This is one of those "so bad it's good" type of games, whatever that means. To me it's just ugly and awful meme fodder for people with bad taste.
>>
>>388312923
Absolutely
>>
>>388313948
bah, it's so bad it's a chore to play and your reward is surface level quirkiness trying to emulate a much better media property

the whodunnit aspect kept me trucking but I was close to calling it quits when a long driving section kept crashing
>>
>>388309159
>/v/ always praises this game
You fucking lie, we've always told you it's a poorly made game with charming characters.
If the game hasn't clicked with you yet, you really shouldn't push on. Maybe watch some Twin Peaks to get the inspiration behind it.
>>
>>388309159
Jesus stop playing games that let's players are playing christ
>>
>>388309159
You have to have been playing games since the 80s to enjoy it. I recognized how shit the production values were immediately but I have way more patience with that shit, and I still loved the atmosphere and exploring Greenvale.
>>
>>388315601
>and exploring Greenvale.
It's magical how the game has sidequests out of the ass but literally nobody does them because they think they are on a hard time limit.
>>
>>388313520
>>388313259
>>388313208
There's not much information to go on by one screencap and vague discussion
i did manage to find it though, not heard /v/ talk about it often at all. im never in threads where its brought up
>>
>>388316028
>He can't google image search the image

Newfag please leave.
>>
>>388316098
i did though, that's how i found it
google image search has been consistently unreliable for me for the better course of a year, only recently started using it again and its been serving me well
how buggy is the game? it seems like the type of game where its easy to end up fucking yourself with a gamebreaking one
>>
>>388309159
Watch the story stuff on youtube, Deadly premonition the movie
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.