[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok let's solve this very important question once and for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: YI.jpg (14KB, 360x140px) Image search: [Google]
YI.jpg
14KB, 360x140px
Ok let's solve this very important question once and for all

Which game is better? DKC or Yoshi's Island?
>>
>>388307683
Yoshi's Island, no fucking contest.
>>
>>388307683
They are both mediocre games with big flaws.
>>
>>388307683
Donkey Kong Country.
>>
>>388307872
Mediocre compared to what?
>>
>>388307936
Any platformer from NES era.
>>
>>388307683
I prefer DKC's gameplay even though Yoshi's Island has the better artstyle

>>388307872
Elaborate anon
>>
>>388307963
What are the arguments behind your reasoning?
>>
>not DKC2
OP is a faggot
>>
>>388307683
DKC2 is a timeless classic and has better music.
But Yoshi's Island is literally the best game ever.
>>
>>388308040
>>388308062

1 player only.
Colletathon.
Too fucking long.
Baby mario.
Many similar levels.

It is ok to play for 10 minutes, but after that, you will be bored with them.
And to complete them 101%? Haha, pure autism.
Maybe it was relevant when you had 1 game and whole summer to play it.
>>
Yoshi's Island looks much better in motion then Donkey Kong
>>
>>388307792
This
>>
>>388307683
Definitely DKC
>>
File: dkc.jpg (1MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
dkc.jpg
1MB, 1440x900px
>>388308040
>even though Yoshi's Island has the better artstyle
Debatable. DKCs artstyle is absolutely gorgeous. Notice how the palms get darker because they are closer to the sunset?

The kongs are also capable of many different facial expressions and gestures.

Compared to that Yoshis artstyle is primitive as fuck but probably more cute, I admit that.
>>
>>388308040
One thing helping DKC is the presentation. Not the graphics, mind. But how the game tries to convey everything as an actual WORLD to explore. The stages aren't just blue dots on a map, they correspond to what the map shows: you enter caves when there's a cave on the map, ruins levels only happen when there's a temple... it's a simple thing, but it makes the game feel more immersive. You aren't just going stage to stage-- you're progressing, traveling the island.

All those neat little touches, like the darkness falling at the end of stage 1 from a coming storm, then enduring tropical monsoon in the next stage. Or the approaching blizzard in Snow Barrel Blast that forces the Kongs to seek refuge away from the outside for two stages before it finally dissipates in Ice Age Alley.

You never really get moments like that in Yoshi's Island.
>>
>>388308261
>Too fucking long.
That is not necessarily a bad thing. A long game literally has more replay value. By the time you finish it you already forgot what the earlier levels and mid levels looked like. Platformers are supposed to be long because the length is the only way you can have replay value.
>Colletathon.
Like I said: replay value. Games like Doom don't have to be long. Just increase the difficulty. Platformers are SUPPOSED to be long.

Also what's wrong with collecting stuff and discovering secrets?
>1 player only.
Fair point.
>Baby mario.
The crying is literally supposed to be fucking punishment. Git gud and there will be no crying. Also there is a hack for that.
>Many similar levels.
lol nope. Every level in YI is absolutely uniqe with unique gimmicks.
>And to complete them 101%?
Nothing wrong with that.

YI and DKC are definitely not mediocre but are in the 1% percentile of SNES games.

Go on, tell me superior platformers.
>>
>>388308261
DKC is two player. Yoshi's Island had some 2 player minigames but otherwise correct.

>Collectathon
Completely optional for autists
>Too long
Really nigga?
>Baby Mario
Yeah fuck that was annoying.
>Many similar levels.
This is just flat wrong, unless you mean same tilesets?
>>
>>388307792
this
>>
DKC had nothing going for it. It's a pretty bad platformer. Shitty hitbox, horrible secret layout, dumb mini games, looks horrible even back when it came out, not much in level layout.
Yoshi's Island is insanely better and rivals fucking Mario World
>>
>keep dying on the minecarts, don't want to skip because not a fag
>finally get past it but with ~2 lives
>2 levels later I lose my lives
>have to fight the rat boss, the level after it, the minecart and another level just to get where I'm actually stuck

fuck this game, lives don't belong in a platformer
and why is the camera so zoomed in? is it less zoomed in with DKC2?
>>
File: 1503710555235.png (721KB, 646x817px) Image search: [Google]
1503710555235.png
721KB, 646x817px
>>388307683
Donkey Kong Country.
I was never that much of a fan of the Yoshi games.
>>
File: yoshi.jpg (21KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
yoshi.jpg
21KB, 259x194px
>>388308563
It always annoyed me that the island looks nothing like the areas in the game.
>>
>>388307683

DKC utterly destroys Yoshi's gay crying Mario ass collectathon shit toddler platforming.

>>388307792
Go to bed Bizarro.
>>
>>388309207
>It always annoyed me that the island looks nothing like the areas in the game.
>SMB
>Donut Plains
Oh boy.
It is just ordinary level.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.