[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to play FF IV is this the best version? I have the virtual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled.jpg (239KB, 1646x723px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
239KB, 1646x723px
I want to play FF IV
is this the best version? I have the virtual console on my wii for years (I believe it's a SNES release)
>>
>>388307392

Nah, I don't get why they redid it. It was fine before that.
>>
>>388307392
No, best version is PSP.
>>
>>388307392
The Steam versions of FFIII, IV, IVTAY, V, and VI are the worst versions.
Unless you enjoy a shitty phone UI and locked 20 FPS battles for III+IV+IVTAY, and a shitty phone UI and garbage looking visuals for V+VI (especially with the tilesets).

The best versions of IV are PSP for a more standard IV experience, and DS for an alternative (and more difficult) but still good IV experience. I would say play the PSP version first then try the DS version.
>>
>>388309292
What about the III? why is the steam so much worse?
>>
>>388309372
I included III with IV and IVTAY.
The reason the five games are shit are because they are shitty emulations of the mobile ports of the DS remakes of III and IV, and shitty ports of the iOS versions of IVTAY, V, and VI.
>>
>>388307392
No.

Play PSP4 or Namingway Edition hack if you want 4. Original non-ported DS ver. if you want a neat alt version of the game.

>>388309372
Steam version is a PC port of an android port of an iOS port of a DS game, and has all the bad that comes with that including 15 fps battles (the 20 above only comes with modding). Play the PSP version of 3 (original by SE port with proper wide-screen support, original music, and the option to speed up battles) or NES with translation.
>>
>>388307392
best version is ds
>>
>>388307392
no, this is the worst version - the best one is with 2d graphics and additional post game
>>
>>388309509
What's the ultimate way to play FF III?
>>
>>388309690
see >>388309583
>>
>>388309690
PSP for 3D version.

NES with http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2701/ for original.
>>
>>388309778
>>388309769
Thanks
>>
>>388307392

Yeah it's the best, the 3D remake overgauled rebalanced the game in a good way and improud the story. Don't listen to the people stating the PSP game where they just dump a load of shit on top of the original system.
>>
>>388307392
DS is best version .Don't listen to these idiots telling you to play the PSP, or original. The DS version greatly improved the game, and you can easily find an undub for those qt nip voices.
>>
>>388310782
>>388310863
Samefag
>>
>>388307392
Steam version is a straight port of the mobile version which is a port of the DS version. Performance is, for better or worse, same as the DS version in all ports. Also includes alternative ways to unlock content that was locked to wi-fi in the DS. On and the mobile and PC ports have ugly mobile UI. As for the remake itself it's harder and has some neat changes.

PSP version is RPGmaker-like 2D remake, overall easier but favored by casuals like the 1 & 2 PSP remakes.
>>
>>388311140
i pirated the III(steam) it looks like a 320p 3D game upscalled
horrible
>>
>>388307392
Nice puck, IV is one of the better FFs for sure.
>>
wait a sec, I downloaded FF III on PSP and it's identical to the iOS version
>>
>>388307392
Steam version is a butchered iOS port of the DS version.
Play the DS version.
>>
>>388312908
That's the version they ported to mobile.
>>
>>388313007

>DS version

You'll miss out on the optional content unless you have a second DS available
>>
>>388313149
what is the optional content
>>
>>388313242
Dumb Whytkin raising minigames had some multiplayer. This feature is meaningless.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.