[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily 'muh overhyped trash' threads, play it for myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 20

File: Witcher_3_cover_art.jpg (57KB, 292x414px) Image search: [Google]
Witcher_3_cover_art.jpg
57KB, 292x414px
Daily 'muh overhyped trash' threads, play it for myself & it's unironcally one of the best games I've ever played if not the best

Whats with the fucking shilling against this game?
>>
>>388306906

Honestly I just found it really boring. I love the story, love the presentation, it looks gorgeous, but the combat is pretty dreadful and the game has too much inventory management. Whenever I was in combat, I felt like I was doing it as a chore and not because I actually enjoyed it. It's too finicky to be fast and exciting, but too simple to be strategic. I also feel like the game drops in quality after Velen
>>
File: witcherhitboxes2.webm (1MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
witcherhitboxes2.webm
1MB, 900x506px
>>
>>388306906
I feel it's like a TV show with some choices. Too much storytelling with too little game play and the combat actually is pretty crappy. If you are looking for some long ass story to go through then witcher 3 is the right choice but I just thought it was boring most of the time.
>>
>>388306906
>do tutorial
>watch cutscene
>ride horse to bar
>watch cutscene and say something
>get in a bar fight
>talk more
>follow dotted line on horse to soldier camp
>watch cutscene and talk
>follow dotted line on horse to herbalist
>watch cutscene and talk
>follow dotted line to marsh area and pick up plant
>follow dotted line on horse to dead guy
>follow stank trail to other guy
>watch cutscene and talk
>kill 2 dogs
>get thing
>follow dotted line back to area by bar
>finally fight the fucking griffon

That was an hour of unnecessary padding to get to the fucking gameplay. The game blows.
>>
>hold mouse 2 for five minutes
>WOW IM TALKING TO MYSELF WITCHERING SURE IS GREAT DAMN EVERYTHING SURE IS RED MUH CIRI MUH CIRI
>I WONDER IF CIRI GLOWS RED TOO WHEN I HOLD MOUSE 2
>Buttsex in the Woods: Complete AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH rewarded 10 orens
>PLACE O POWER IT'S GOTTA BE
>*gets hit from 15 feet away by a drowner swing "DAMN YER UGLY"
>time to mix herbs they don't call me the weedsman for nothing
>i sure hope this 15 hour questline isn't going to end in the person lying about knowing where ciri is
>>
underage kids who value gameplay above everything else
>>
>>388308095
i remember the time before you were born when games were almost nothing but gameplay
>>
i couldn't get into it. Combat was a clunky darksouls with bad telepathing.

I do like crafting systems but when i have 20+ recipes and i've only come across 8 out of the 100 materials it gets pretty overwealming. Seriously ease me into this shit.
>>
>>388307640
Wow, you are so awesome! You could never, ever simplify other games with greentext like you did now. Thats literally 100% impossible. You freaking genius! You are /v/s number one user.
>>
>>388307640
Oh fuck off, you can trivialise any game like that
>>
>>388308095
The turd doesn't have anything to offer except below average content in all spaces except visuals. Gameplay is fucking asinine with retarded controls and actual actions, narrative is just an overly drawn out teenager's power fantasy in kurwa land, it doesn't even have any pretty cinematic scenes to fall back on. Its a failure on all fronts except visuals. It takes the most casual bottom of the toilet bowl shitter (aka normies) to enjoy this
>>
>>388306906
Slavshits just have really shit taste
>>
>>388306906
why does /v/ keep liking this shit, when are you going to start hating it
>>
>>388308491
>Hello, and welcome to my new youtube show: Contrarian shithead. Today on the menu: Witcher 3.
>>
>>388308095
This is not true, Geralt and everything related to him is just generic fan fiction tier garbage.
>>
>>388308491
>It takes the most casual bottom of the toilet bowl shitter (aka normies) to enjoy this
This.
>>
File: 1402971051812.jpg (78KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1402971051812.jpg
78KB, 800x600px
>*whistles for magic horse*
>autoruns on road to quest marker
>*toucan sam vision activates*
>"Mhmm....giant slash marks all over the victim....a Drowner™, gotta be"
>"Come on, Roach"
>*follows nose*
>guys in Drowner™ costumes appear
>"OY BLOODY 'ELL FUCKING CUNT SHIT FUCK CUNT, IT'S A FUCKIN' WITCHER IT IS! GET "EM"
>"Shit you stink" ALALALALALALALALA *sets guys on fire and they stumble and recover immediately, does a cinematic slash and cuts guys in half"
>"Mhmm....Bandits™ pretending to be Drowners™......better tell the village head about this"
>"Come on, Roach"
>*autoruns on road back to village*
>"OY BLOODY FUCK CUNT WITCHAH, WOT ABOUT DA CONTRACT WESE PAIDS YA FOR YA BLOODY FUCKING CUNT?"
>"Just some bastards posing as Drowners™, here's proof *shows flipper*"
>"OY KURWA, HERE'S YA REWARD DA WHOLE VILLAGE CHIPPED IN"
>"Drowning in Danger" Complete AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>10 crowns received
>>
Personally I think the combat is fine and actually has some decent variety with bombs/oils/signs etc
What I don't like about the combat is fighting human enemies, now that is a chore. The parry is unsatisfying as fuck.
>>
>>388306906
i just couldnt get into it. the graphics was nice but too fucking colorful, the combat felt poor after dark souls and dragons dogma, i didnt really like the main character and i didnt wait more for the story
>>
>>388308465
Not him, but the combat in Witcher 3 was immensely disappointing in my opinion.

If Dragon's Dogma had the production values and quality care put iinto it like Witcher 3 did, along with having Dragon's Dogma's excellent combat, it would have been the absolute GOAT.

TL;DR Some people can't stand the combat in Witcher, Assassin's Creed, and Arkham series.
>>
>>388308416
>>388308465
exactly.
all games are shit, stop pretending otherwise
>>
>>388306906
Pure contrarianism.
>>
I fucking hated it and I liked the previous games

It's not nearly as clever or well written as it thinks it is. It's because they changed the writers, added female writers and the new lead writer is a literal retard, and I'm pretty sure they were hanging out on r/atheism as they were writing the game

It was mostly the writing, but the combat and open world paradigms were really weak and uninspired.
>>
>>388308574
>"Mommy, am I part of /v/ now?"
>>
>>388308714
Not him but you can't deny that the graphics was the main selling point of this game.
>>
>>388308465
I'm not even trivializjng it. That's just flat out what you fucking do for the entire fucking first 10 hours of the game, ride your horse following dotted lines or witchee trails and talk to people! The combat you get in between is hardly satisfying too. The griffon was a joke after all of that build up, I didn't have any fun at all until that Ciri memory. Then after talking to fatty mcfatterson I just couldn't care anymore. Its just stupid.
>>
>>388306993
I do nt think the combat i s deep on purpose. Its substantial enough for it to exist but not deep enough for it to get in the way of story progress and i think thats pretty decent considering the focus of the game or the witcher has never been the combat
>>
>>388308587
Another day in life of the Witcher. I remember in first one there is a royal huntsman in first act and when you talk with him about money for ONE drowner, he said he gets 100 orens. Geralt doesn't get this much for whole bunch of them.
>>
>>388308751
Dont know honestly. Played everything on a terrible sub-par PC with everything on low and sub 20-fps. I loved every minute of it with absolutly abysmal visuals.
>>
>>388306906
The combat is one step up from Skyrim's.

Gerry is a fucking faggot.

Magic is unfun to use.

The same swords on the same enemies over and over for all those hours gets old fast.

If you like the characters though, you're fine.

If you don't like them, they're the only redeeming part of the game and you're kind of shit outta luck.

Props to CDPR for being bros about expansion packs though.
>>
How pathetic do you have to be to say this game is shit?
>>
>>388308861
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>388306906
Most of the valid criticism against it focuses on the repetitive nature of the game. The combat works, whether you enjoy it or not, but a lot of people called it out for every fight being essentially the same series of actions with little variation. Similarly, the gameplay in general is HIGHLY repetitive with a formula of "Go to ?, kill some things, loot mostly useless shit, repeat" for over 100 hours interspersed with some decent albeit still similar main/side missions.

Basically, it is one of the most openworldy open-world games ever made. If you LIKE open-world games and their inherently repetitive collectathon nature, you'll love it to death. However if you DON'T like that formula, Witcher 3 basically encapsulates everything hated about the open-world genre.

Personally I loved it, though my largest complaint was the all-but-removal of the already dumbed-down oil/potion mechanic from Witcher 1/2. Witcher 1 was perfect in how you actually had to take a few minutes before any kind of moderately challenging fight to apply the correct oils, chug a few potions, carefully manage yourself and THEN enter the fight. Made you feel like a proper actual monster-hunter who relied on preparation and analysis of the situation in addition to just being a badass. Witcher 2 dumbed it down to a quick inventory screen and quickslots, and Witcher 3 just eviscerated it with automatic-refills and oils that lasted for fucking ever.
>>
>>388308861
Since tortanic, /v/ slowly started to degenerate into people who unironically want to hate everything. Its an interesting process to witness, and I really wanna know where it ends.
>>
File: 1500911686189.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500911686189.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
Post your favourite K I N O moments from Witcher 3
>>
>>388308861
The gameplay was alright, the story and characters were hot trash. Since I hold both of those as equally important in that genre of game, I couldn't get into it and didn't enjoy it.
>>
>>388306906
As much as I love this game and The Witcher games in general, it really was boring af.

I mean yeah I loved everything from the story to the presentation to attention to the minute details, but your skill almost has no effect on the world around you, you can't kill tough enemies just by being gud, you can't progress faster than the game wants you to, in that regard unironically Skyrim shits all over it.
>>
>>388308587
I loved the game but that "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" gets me every time.
>>
>>388308861
It's a great movie but an average game.
>>
>>388306906
Look at where you are. It's assmad weebs mad that not only did the West make a better game than their precious nipland but the dumbest country in the West did it.

Imagine how that must feel. Like losing a race to a blind retard with no legs
>>
File: Witcher-Combat3.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Witcher-Combat3.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>388308971
>>
>>388309013
>can't kill tough enemies just by being gud

It's like you never ran into a high-leveled miniboss, nutted the fuck up, and chipped away at it for 10 minutes without ever getting hit. I completely agree with the rest of your post but 'skill has no effect on the world around you' is utterly false. It isn't FUN to fight things 10 levels higher doing -95% damage, but its still entirely possible.
>>
File: 1393543032283.jpg (29KB, 380x250px) Image search: [Google]
1393543032283.jpg
29KB, 380x250px
>>388308971
>character you've never met, has no pressence or history
>time for LE EPIC MORALLY GRAY CHOICE
>how do we make you care Hmmm
>lets just decorate his room with dead women , that will make the players care
>brilliant
>>
>>388309104
>posts an image of a bugged enemy fight with the title 'witcher 3 combat'

The game had problems mate, you don't need to make up fake ones or descend to that level of shitposting to argue it.
>>
File: video games.jpg (57KB, 504x508px) Image search: [Google]
video games.jpg
57KB, 504x508px
>>388307276
>I feel it's like a TV show with some choices.
This.

Imo the term "directed experience" fits more because it's just a translation of the book into game.
And how to they transfer the content of the book into the game? By having fuckton of dialogue that you need to read through.
For example, the Barons quest is supposed to be a highlight but all I remember is how Geralt stands in front of the talking Baron.
You might aswell just read the dialogue on some wiki and you would get the same "twist" as in the game.
Really overrated game because it's mediocre in all aspects except visual presentation.
It'S THE penultimate normie filter because they think they play a gritty, (to the normie fanbase) unknown RPG when in reality it's just another cinematic game. Boring through and through
>>
>>388309209
>bugged

the A.I is brain dead.they didn't even bother humans to avoid fire patches on the ground , they just walk in
>>
>>388309104
>heh I see your game has a bug in it this completely invalidates anything positive you could say about it tough luck pal
>>
>>388309163
Fuckin this desu.
There were no more truly deep villain in W3.
Whoreson has no presence and when you finally meet him it's always like the game says LOOK HOW EVIL HE IS HE KILLS WOMEN FOR FUN HOW EVIL.
Fucking pathetic. Not to mention that disgusting cutscene.
>>
>>388309219
> it's just a translation of the book into game.

It's not...it's a sequel to the book.But more like bad fan fiction
>>
>>388309219
Can you still enjoy videogames or has your "us against the normies" mentality dulled all your enjoyment down to basically zero?
>>
>>388309219
Witcher games don't tell stories from the books.
>>
>>388309219
Stop using the term normie like that
>>
File: witcher-combat-1.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
witcher-combat-1.webm
3MB, 960x540px
We live in a world where this is considered a medium defining product.
>>
I like the game but it's nowhere close to a 10/10 or some masterful RPG as every normie and gaming publication seems to imply. It's basically fallout 3 all over again

though to be honest my biggest gripe with it is not the combat, but how poorly balanced it is. if you do too many side quests you'll end up overleveled no matter what, the skill ''balacing'' ''''''''mechanic'''''''' is stupidly annoying, and enemy level placement makes no sense and kinda makes me wish they just stuck with level scaling ala bethesda.
>>
>>388309452
>>388309104
>>388306993
God I fucking hate you fags
>>
I played it for an hour and I stopped playing because the turn radius was shit
>>
My main issue is the combat. I played on hardest difficulty or the one before that and:

>most non-boss monsters always dodge/counterattack after a 3 light attack combo
>heavy attacks useless (5 points into the light attack damage skill and there's like 15% damage difference from light attack)
>monster weakness system very undeveloped (apply oil to sword and use the right magic, that's it)

I mean shit, even Mount and Blade combat is more interesting.

There's a mod that overhauls the combat so you can't dodge forever (!) and other stuff, but it's not compatible with the newest versions of the game.
>>
>>388309508
You also have one of those "Why am I even coming here?" moments?
>>
File: Witcher3-DeathMarch.webm (3MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
Witcher3-DeathMarch.webm
3MB, 320x200px
>>388309512
>I played on hardest difficulty
Death March fixes everything they said.
>>
>>388309219
I think W3 suffers from the same problem several other decent/good games suffer through in that it rolls into the "Good game, but not a good X game." category.

Witcher 1 and 2 were actual RPGs. Witcher 3 is less RPG and more typical open world game with RPG elements. Typically, people who want to play open world games want a very specific formula, and W3 delivers on that masterfully. However people who actually enjoyed W1 and 2 and don't like open world games undoubtedly got shat on hard because it simply isn't a good RPG like the previous ones were.
>>
>>388309209
Not him but almost every fight was bugged and/or incredibly easy to cheese.
https://youtu.be/A1ZmTEtLs8A
https://youtu.be/zmZ8_Zoc7AM
Enemies often run around in circles and refuse to attack you, igni has a longer dot/stun timer than CD and backstepping continuously basically removes every threat in the game.
>>
>>388309508
but one of those guys just expressed an opinion. why do you think witcher 3 of all games should be devoid of any criticism? especially when it is a reasonable post like that?
>>
Are the expansions worth the dosh?
>>
witcher 3 isn't trash but it's definitely overrated

it's just not that great of a game, and certainly not better than other similar ones.
>>
File: WitcherBoatingIncident.webm (1MB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
WitcherBoatingIncident.webm
1MB, 960x600px
>>
>>388309512
oh and i actually sorta liked fighting the golems, since you actually have to pick a correct dodge direction from time to time or the attacks are sort of unpredictable.

and the fog monster that goes invisible is the most well done monster in the game, at least up to where I played.
>>
>>388309598
Oh I'll completely agree with the 'easy to cheese' part, but I already admitted the combat was both repetitive and shallow from the get-go. To me, this is like people arguing that combat in something like GTA or BotW is 'too easy'. Witcher 1 and 2 could be genuinely difficult, Witcher 3 was designed from the ground up to be one of those sandbox playgrounds where combat serves a purpose and you're expected to enjoy running around a giant map collecting shit for dozens of hours.
>>
File: 1498063528269.jpg (92KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1498063528269.jpg
92KB, 500x376px
You retards keep hyping this game up as the best of the best game of all time instead of it being the best RPG in recent memory.

I swear to God you fuckturds overhype too fucking much to the point that people actually believe this is supposed to be the pinnacle of gaming.

And you know what happens? Retards who have little to no interest in RPG will flock to it thinking it's gonna be out of the world experience. They'll buy Witcher 3, without evening going through the second one. They'll buy it without knowing it's a fucking RPG. And when it doesn't hold their interest they'll dismiss it and say it's trash. And you, the stupid fucks who overhype are to blame. I had two people who fell for the hype, and bought only Witcher 3 because they thought it was supposed to be the "best game ever!!!!" when all they play is FPS only say the game is boring and just plain shit.
>>
>>388309734
honestly what were they thinking when they ''designed'' the whole boating/water parts of the games?

even bethesda puts more effort than that
>>
>>388309512
I honestly wish they removed Heavy Attack, and replaced it with something useful.
It looks really cool, but isn't useful 90% of the time.
Even the special move with it, is garbage.
>>
>>388309814
>sanbox game combat with 1 weapon, 1 moveset that barely evolves

It's not fun doing the same shit and fighting the same enemies for 100 hours

BOTW had a lot of options, Withcer 3 didn't
>>
Can honestly anyone over 18 years old find Geralt and interesting or relatable character? He is just an average metalhead rebel guy, it's every "2 cool for you" cliche from the 00s plastered into a character as well as being a mary sue, i don't honestly know how can someone take that as good writting for an rpg game, it's literally action game standards.
>>
>>388309947
I think if you primarily compare Geralt to being kinda ugly in 1 and 2 like how he is in the books to trying to make a knockout 10/10 stud out of him in 3 you pretty much get your answer, they just wanted to cash in and cash in hard.
>>
i dont like the main protagonist. all the girls are god-tier but the main-guy has the most boring personality i can imagine with bland looks. i tried 3 times but i cant get into a game where i dont give a shit about my character
>>
angry joe said the pacing in this game is good

lol
>>
Mostly but hurt Zelda fags shilling hate on this and horizon zero dawn. The superior vintages of open world.
>>
>>388310081
Fucking Angry Pancho started gaming on xbox 360.
>>
>>388309814
BotW's combat has problems with hitboxes, flurry rush triggers, stealth detection and damage calculation but it never felt as buggy as Witcher 3.
Witcher 3 also has no sandbox elements except riding a horse and diving. Finding randomized loot isn't that much fun.

>>388309861
>I swear to God you fuckturds overhype too fucking much to the point that people actually believe this is supposed to be the pinnacle of gaming.
It was supposed to be the pinnacle of modern gaming. A turning point of lazy decisions. A small studio with a small budget was supposed to show the AAA scene what was possible.
>setting with infinite potential
>from a developer with infinite potentail
>show's they're good guys, release "Enhanced Edition" for W1+2 for free
>no DLC
>beautiful looking world
>your choices matter
>expected the world to change based on your actions
>biggest WRPG in a long time, this is the Elder Scrolls we always wanted
>different builds and ways to fight
Turns out it couldn't deliver.
>>
>>388306906
I've tried to play it like 4 times but every time I've just gotten bored of it.

The interesting stuff that is there is just sort of made boring by the inherently bad/mediocre gameplay. Witcher 1-2 kinda got by with virtue of being linear, but in Witcher 3 the open world kinda lends itself to a lot of "pure gameplay" that isn't finely thought out and placed like in linear games, where a quest might lead to a cool new sword you know will be useful since it was hand placed there for you too find at a specific time, rather than finding a new sword that is bad 90% of the time or too high leveled 5% of the time, and it just doesn't work all that well. The world doesn't feel open and sandboxy enough to feel all that fun to explore and enjoy, and what side content there is is just the usual Ubisoft style open world checklist stuff or interestingly written, but ultimately poor side quests that just amounts to follow the red blur.
And fairly importantly, the controls are just pure shit. Which in a 60-80 hour game like Witcher 3 doesn't stand in my book. I can stand the lackluster content somewhat, if the game still feels nice too play (Dragons Dogma comes to mind), but the mediocre content in relation to the bad controls just makes me not want to boot it back up after a while.

Also it just looks so god damn drab(at least the main game). It's pretty in a technical sense but damn, I just feel like I'm playing a German hunting simulator or something while running around the the forest.
>>
>>388306906
it's butthurt leftist being angry at alpha nazi game
>>
>>388310081
Haha. Did the youtube celebrity say that?
Man that is something.
>>
>>388309452
how is geralt's stamina not dropping?
>>
>>388310204
and now there's millions of people who take his opinions seriously. I feel bad desu. especially about outright objectively wrong things he spouts that people take for granted, like when he said alpha protocol is completely bad game because he couldn't hit people with dual smgs with 0 points in them
>>
>>388310234
Will Kingdom Come: Deliverance save us?
>>
>>388306993
and I liked the game but the story could been better
>there is a war
>magic people lol
>u da pimp in this story
same old shit
>>
>>388310349
Probably not.
>>
>>388310349
>more overhyped slavshit from a guy notorious with biting more than he can chew

probably not
>>
>>388309512
It feels like they wanted a sort of hard hitting, fast but still methodical combat, sort of like Dark Souls(if anyone won't kill me for referencing it), but then they juts made every enemy have way to much health so instead of that "find the perfect opportunity, then kill the enemy" type combat you just "hit hit hit, dodge, hit hit hit, dodge" repeatedly , occasionally using a spell or item to break the monotony, not that you need too, but it just breaks up the monotony.
>>
>>388308861
I tried to play it, but omg the controls are so fucking shit, so I stopped. Couldn't even make the sensitivity higher because it was on max.
Also shit combat
>>
File: 1490137391026.jpg (247KB, 1224x1445px) Image search: [Google]
1490137391026.jpg
247KB, 1224x1445px
>>388306906
The gameplay and writing in this game are legit mediocre. It's bad enough that the game is designed around waypoints because the writers were too lazy to have NPCs give you simple directions when you ask them where a place is. There is a boatload of problems to go along with that, but I don't even know why we're bothering to discuss this. It's clearly a bad game. This is bottom of the barrel shit. Come on, /v/.
>>
>>388310704
but it has a big open world and lots of content so if you claim anything but a 11/10 game you're a fookin contrarian!!!!!

srs tho it's not bad. but legit many aspects of it are bad or mediocre
>>
>>388309893
>even bethesda puts more effort than that
Bethesda and effort has been an oxymoron for the past several years
>>
Witcherdrones afraid of a little criticism?
>>
>>388306906
Maps with question marks for quest. It's stupid. It should be the way BotW did it
>>
>>388306906
Hello shill
>>
>>388306906
Depends on what you want out of games. The combat is crap and a lot of the quests have bad design. The strength of the game is in the characters which it gets from a novel.

I've read the books and played witcher 1-3 (no dlc). I like the series but I do think it's fairly overrated.
>>
>>388306906
>shallow, easy, unchallenging combat system
>half-assed crafting system of scripted recipes that leave no room for the player to experiment with different ingridients
>shitty casul-friendly quest structure where you're handheld from map marker to map marker and spoonfed precise step-by-step instructions for every single quest
>unsatisfying exploration due to your technologically-advanced map (in a supposedly medieval world) being littered with markers
>simplified leveling system for casuals
>shit UI that's even worse to use than Skyrim's vanilla UI.

>fancy plot
>pretty graphics

>10/10 GOAT

and you guys wonder why modern gaming is shit.
>>
>>388310841
still I feel like it's a proper comparison when you consider just how fucking bad the boating/swimming/water parts of the game are
>>
>>388310784
>srs tho it's not bad. but legit many aspects of it are bad or mediocre
Why can't people just fucking say this. Why does it always have to be goddamn hyperbole with /v/. This place feels more like it's run by retards the older you get
>>
>>388306906
sonybros mad that bloodbored got BTFO
>>
>>388311061
Not really seeing as Bethesda don't put anything into their boat mechanics seeing as they don't have them.
>>
>>388311043
the exploration isn't bad because of the quest markers, it's bad because there's nothing satisfying about finding those treasures littered all over the place markets or not, and because there is barely anything else to find besides them that isn't already a highlight point of one of the 200 generic quests
>>388311174
ok then forget the comparison. the boating/swimming/water parts of the game were just shit
>>
>>388311061
Honestly, I don't think Bethesda is even capable of making boat mechanics with their gamebryo 2.0
>>
>>388311264
kek, but if some half decent modder decided to do them you can bet your ass it would be better than what witcher 3 had
>>
>>388309104
>barely chips at health
>the enemy bugged and is not attacking
git good shitter and stop playing at easy
>>
>>388311402
Probably. You're right, it isn't very good
>>
>>388311402
>>388311481
But then again, I don't really know how they would have done them different, in any great capacity
>>
>>388310339
The game bugged and he has the enemy glitched on the edge of the mountain.
>>
>>388311402
Actually the boat mods are pretty trash in the TES games.
>>
Terrible combat, dull and boring world. Main character is edgygrizzled shades of grey reddity antihero.
>>
File: maximum disdain.gif (2MB, 330x166px) Image search: [Google]
maximum disdain.gif
2MB, 330x166px
>>388307275
>rolling
>ever
>>
>>388306906
we played the firsit 2
>>
File: 1452223622513.gif (2MB, 380x238px) Image search: [Google]
1452223622513.gif
2MB, 380x238px
>>388311076
>Why can't people just fucking say this
>why can't people say its bad but also say its not bad so my feelings don't get hurt
Because it has no redeeming qualities. Why do you want to defend it so bad? Why are you trying so hard to defend it but not even listing reasons that you like it? Argue your point so we can get to the bottom of why you are such a basic bitch.
>>
>>388310234
>Turns out it couldn't deliver "to me".
>>
File: Ciri.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ciri.webm
3MB, 853x480px
wow this is wow...
>>
>>388312158
viper you the man i talked about
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (131KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
131KB, 1920x1080px
>>388312385
Hacks, all of them!
>>
>>388306906
contrarians hate it as a knee-jerk reaction to anything popular even when it's objectively good
>>
>>388312772
>even when it's objectively good
Not if you take rpg's seriously. Maybe good as an action, sandbox game like GTA V.
>>
>>388306906
I just got bored after 30 hours because all the main quests revolve around searching for shit to find Ciri but in those 30 hours he didht find shit.
>>
>>388307640
>>do tutorial
>>watch cutscene
>>ride horse to bar
>>watch cutscene and say something
>>get in a bar fight
>>talk more
>>follow dotted line on horse to soldier camp
>>watch cutscene and talk
>>follow dotted line on horse to herbalist
>>watch cutscene and talk
Literally quit playing here because it was so fucking boring.
>>
>playing witcher for the combat and not for the quests and endearing characters
>>
File: 1485581506135.png (2MB, 975x1075px) Image search: [Google]
1485581506135.png
2MB, 975x1075px
>>388313402
The quests and characters are as bad as the combat.
>>
I hope your not a pleb and played the games in polish. Youre not a pleb are you anon?
>>
>>388313506
nice opinion, thanks for sharing
>>
>>388313661
not him but for every superb quest like the baron arches there are 5 generic ''hold mouse 2 to follow trail'' ones. if not more

I feel like the game would have been 10 times better if they focused on more linear areas ala witcher 1/2 instead of open world hubs. but it would have sold 5 times less. sad state of affairs desu.
>>
>>388312839
>it's wrong kind of good!

/v/'s in top shape today
>>
>>388313661
Not an opinion. It's genuinely mediocre. I'm really hoping you just don't know any better.
>>
>>388314069
no u
>>
File: 1462155446592.jpg (50KB, 599x664px) Image search: [Google]
1462155446592.jpg
50KB, 599x664px
>>388314053
>this RPG is good if you like shitty AAA sandbox games
>>
File: 1462151910753.jpg (56KB, 830x553px) Image search: [Google]
1462151910753.jpg
56KB, 830x553px
>>388314136
No anon, the dialogue is written like a modern hollywood movie and most of the quests I see you guys praise like the baron are railroaded and not even an hour long. This is so goddamn retarded I can't even imagine what kind of person defends this.
>>
>>388314175
You might like Witcher 1 better. If you haven't already played it, that is
>>
>>388306906
>shilling against this game

I don't think you know what shilling means

You are all newfaggots, /v/ is >>>/r/eddit
I hate everyone of you
>>
>>388314465
I disagree
>>
>>388314470
I did play it and enjoy it far more, but I still wouldn't rank it among the greats.
>>
>>388313402
>playing game for the gameplay.
>>
>>388311402
the boat mods in skyrim are strictly limited to being reskinned horses due to engine limitations. unless you had the ACTUAL game tools not the "creation kit", you aren't able to do anything.
>>
no DS combat=bad
>>
kill yourself contrarian cunts
>>
>>388306906
daily reminder that Yennefer is a baby crazy psychopath and also WORST GIRL
>>
>>388307275
terrible
>>
>>388308465
Witcher cuck SEETHING
>>
>>388306906
The most boring game I've recently played
>>
>>388310045
>>388309947
when you take potions geralt actually looks deformed and mutated, but yeah i get your point
>>
>>388308861
gameplay is barebones and shit
the story is overrated as fuck and the characters are boring
>>
The only real glaring flaw Witcher 3 has is the combat, other than that it's incredibly solid. Just finished hearts of stone and got blown away, absolutely incredible. Expecting great things from Blood and Wine
>>
>>388318110

The main story isn't as good in BnW, but I found the region and the sidequest in it more than makeup for it.
>>
>>388308759
You played on easy didnt you
>>
>>388309861
It's other peoples fault that people are contrarian faggots
>>
>>388306906
thats just a small portion of retards who keep spamming the same shit
there is no valid criticism against this game
>>
>>388321303
this. same thing happened with the mass effect trilogy, same thing happened with witcher. normies on /v/ can't handle anything being popular and good and shit on anything to try and fit in.
>>
>>388306906
It's bad. Even the story
>>
>>388311109
A single post. 1. One

It's Bloodbourne fags that are still anally rekt from not receiving goty.
>>
>>388324461
>muh souls boogeyman
>>
>>388308971

that's some bioware tier animation
Thread posts: 156
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.