[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>shooter that doesn't have regenerative health lol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: heh.jpg (8KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
heh.jpg
8KB, 240x240px
>shooter that doesn't have regenerative health

lol fuck off with this artificial difficulty
>>
>>388304113

btw what is this picture from is this thing a guy or a girl it's ugly lol but it's fitting for cringe
>>
>>388304113
that's not artificial difficulty, regenerating health is artificial casualty, if you're so casual you can't finish game on easy but find godmode cheat boring then you artifically plop in regenerating health.
>>
>>388304174
It's a Twitch emote
>>
>>388304174
twitch emote made from a music video from lonely island called shy ronny iirc
>>
>>388304113
sounds like you need to git gud.
>>
>>388304718

LOL XD I am good brudda i can 1 v1 in u in halo 3 east style
>>
>>388304113
Hit scan weapons without regenerating health in a single player game is bad design.
In a game like doom it's fine because you can dodge.
>>
>>388307183
Hitscan enemies are bad design.
>>
>>388308171
whats hitscan? I hear it a lot in these threads but I don't actually know what it is
>>
Regenerating health is ok if the enemy is doggedly persistent and will try to route you out of cover.

Likewise health packs are ok, if said game designs its level around rewarding careful play and observing the environment for secrets.
Like Serious Sam is all about conservation of resources to make it through wave after wave of enemies.

If Sam had regenerating health then there would be no threat since the game allows for a lot of kiting anyway.
>>
>>388308337
It would have been faster to google it than it would have been to type that post.
>>
>>388308412
oh so it's basically an instahit with guns instead of the game actually simulating a bullet traveling at normal speed
>>
>>388308337
shot gun instantly telport to whre its aimed
not hitscan when bullet come out gun and physically travel to spot
>>
>>388308337
It means the chance to hit is based on a calculation and not because the projectile is a physical object that travels and hits the target.

The main difference you notice is that with hitscan weapons as soon as you click and it registers a hit the actor takes damage. A good example is the Source engine games, they're all hitscan. Something like STALKER is not.
>>
>>388308576
Yes.
>>
>>388304174
It's a jew
>>
File: 1401304633049.png (74KB, 541x566px) Image search: [Google]
1401304633049.png
74KB, 541x566px
>>388304113
Regenerating health is casual shit.

It basically means you be complete shit throughout an encounter and take lots of hits because lmao it will regen anyway.

With health packs, it ensures that you carefully plan every encounter and that you actually need to play skillfully so you don't lose too much HP.

Regen ruined FPS.
>>
>>388308898

aaaaaaaaaand /thread.
>>
>>388308576
Yeah. Simulating bullets is, relatively speaking, expensive and usually unnecessary - especially at short ranges
>>
>>388308898
Agreed, it totally takes away any sense of mortality and turns every firefight into a test of how patient you an be waiting for a cooldown.
>>
>>388308898

This. Imagine going through the original Quake like that. Do absolute shit in every enemy encounter, not being forced to dodge Ogres throwing you grenades or avoid Shamblers, barely escape with a small ammount of health left and few seconds later BOOM you're full health. If this sounds retarded that's because it is.
>>
>>388308898
Health packs slow the game down because you have to go around hunting for every little potion you can get your hands on. With health regen, you can keep making progress and not spend 20 minutes hunting for health.
>>
Health is a resource you have to manage like armor and ammo. Regen health is complete garbage. You should be punished for doing bad while regen health forgives bad players, it's made not to scare casuals away. "oh it's ok you took a few bullets to the chest and don't have to adapt to the next encounter of enemies, we'll regen your health after a few seconds".
>>
>>388309186
Oh no, actually being incentivized to explore a level instead of just being led down a pop-out shooting gallery corridor, how atrocious!
>>
>>388308898
Not necessarily.

Look if you had base 100 health but no regen then you could quite happily go down to like 20 or so health because you knew you could find a health pack and heal up if you can get away or kill them quick enough and just tank it all.

Regenerating health is the same for the most part, but if to balance the game out more, your base health is now 50 or so but regenerates if you can get away.

Much faster to get to low health, means you are likely to play things safer. Fight a little smarter maybe because you cant just run off to a health pack anymore.
In theory skirmishes should be faster and level design more consensed.

The problem is when you have big levels with loads of cover and fast regen rates and a large base health.

Thats what makes regen bad. Not regen in itself but just shitty overall design of the modern fps.

Its almost as bad as playing something like CODs "pro" mode and just getting spawnkilled or spawnkill over and over because theres too many players on tiny maps with low health overall so you cant even get away and hide/regroup.
>>
>>388308898
>>388309186
I feel like DOOM solved this perfectly - health packs scattered around levels and arenas + the ability to regen health by playing aggressively and brutalizing weak enemies.
But DOOM also lets you dodge every attack, so this kinda system isnt viable in a lot of hitscan-heav games.
>>
>>388309186

Maybe you need to get better at the game, take less hits and manage your health and armor. If you take 20 minutes hunting health packs then you are flawed, not the game. I don't recall ever spending any significant ammount of time hunting healthpacks in all Doom games or Quake, hell not any game like that for that matter.
>>
>>388304174
it's from snl.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.