[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>He prefers the Xbone controller to the DualShock 4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

File: DS4.jpg (11KB, 231x167px) Image search: [Google]
DS4.jpg
11KB, 231x167px
>He prefers the Xbone controller to the DualShock 4

Care to explain?
>>
Sure. When people say a bone Cintroller nowadays, they are referring to the current type 3 most of the time. It works flawlessly on Windows, can be used with or without batteries wired and also be used with batteries via Xbox wireless or Bluetooth 4.0. It has a textured grip, excellent sticks and d-pad, and the option to have one custom built to your design liking.

It’s like the best standard controller period.
>>
>>388300748
It's not shit.
>>
>>388300929
Rip me got two type 1, bought my xbone and two controllers as soon they released the kinect-less sku. The bumpers where awful at first but they have worn in now.
>>
Its better thats why
>>
I spent literal days playing Halo 2-3, CoD, and Gears when I was a younger lil faggot. The xbox controller feels natural while the dualshock feels like its sticks are too close together.

I still own a PS4 now
>>
>>388300929
Good job, you convinced me to upgrade from my shitty DS3 I've been using for 8 years now.
>>
>>388302174
I was worried about the symmetrical sticks prior to buying a PS4 because I'd never had one before and been using a 360 controller for over 10 years, including on the PC. But then I got the PS4, and it feels fine. Took very little time to adjust.

My problems with the controller come more from its terrible battery life and fragility than its layout.
>>
File: 1497230899137.png (79KB, 505x361px) Image search: [Google]
1497230899137.png
79KB, 505x361px
Post em

https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com/
>>
>>388300929
>>388302269
I recently looked up both controllers for an upcoming purchase. XBone's controller only works properly with Windows 10. Half its features are limited to Windows 10. Bluetooth, firmware updates, audio. If you get an Elite controller, you can't configure its buttons if you don't have Windows 10.
To play wirelessly without Windows 10, you need to buy their wireless adapter separately (doesn't come in a bundle), and even then there's a Windows 10-only adapter, and a Windows EverythingElse adapter that also works on Windows 10.
If you don't have Windows 10, XBone controller is braindead, and the DualShock 4 is the better option. That's why I ordered a DS4 the other day. I really wanted the new XBone controller, but it's just not worth it.
>>
>>388302998
I didn't manage to get my DS4 to owrk on my PC at all though, you can program your xbone pad to work as a "360" pad with little effort.
>>
>>388300748
The xbox controller actually fits my hands though. On the ps4 controller i either have to curl up my thumbs so much it becomes painful after 30 minutes or i have to move my hands so low that I'm holding onto the grips with one finger on each hand.
Too bad the dpad on xbox controllers is atrocious.
>>
>>388302998 #
So let me get this straight...

You’d rather use key logging bootlegged chink DualShock drivers then Use Windows 10? Wat?
>>
File: 1502139287260.png (1MB, 1300x4704px) Image search: [Google]
1502139287260.png
1MB, 1300x4704px
>>388303202
Windows 10 is a mess, regardless of Microsoft's data mining. I'm not trying to start an argument here, just stating my experience. I had it for a while on my laptop and the only word I can use to describe it is "mess". Settings are all over the place, scattered between 3 different locations (classic control panel, new control panel and settings app) with no apparent logic behind the distribution. It's such a mess, that the msconfig "startup" tab was moved to the task manager (which is fine), but msconfig still has the tab saying "sorry, we moved next door". It's like they weren't able to remove the tab, so they removed its contents and put a "we moved it elsewhere" message instead.
I also like a certain level of control over my computer. Autistic as it may sound, I need to make it feel like my own to enjoy my experience with it. From putting it together, to installing the OS with my preferences, to setting the color scheme, wallpapers and window border width. Windows 10's interface has a tendency to display messages on the lines of "Hold on, WE're doing the thing you want" and "Wait up, WE are improving your experience". And it's everywhere. You get a BSOD? "We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you." This sort of approach they picked up at Windows 8 makes it sound like they own my computer and allow me use it. It's not a pleasant feeling, it alienates my computer, and it makes my experience using it uncomfortable. Also, if I get a BSOD on battery power, I don't want to wait an indefinite amount of time until "they" restart my computer.
Which brings me to an other point, Windows 10 barely turns itself off. It goes into hibernation, meaning any program that might be misbehaving would still be around after I turn my computer off and back on. I also tried getting access to my files using a portable linux distro (a method that once saved my computer from a bugged boot program), and Windows 10's hibernation locked up everything.
>>
>>388304809
Nice pasta /g/etards
>>
>>388305803
No pasta. Can't honesty be taken seriously in modern /v/? Does everything have to be ironic and memetic?
>>
I don't have baby hands. Only scrawny dexfags prefer the DS4
>>
File: 2017-07-23 16.18.29.png (165KB, 1053x959px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-23 16.18.29.png
165KB, 1053x959px
>>388302778
>>
Can we fucking stop with the controller shitposting this morning?
>>
>>388306109
Sadly, yes. We need to get out before it's too late.
>>
>>388306109
No, you have to be a retard or aware of other retards to post here while not being frustrated.

I agree with you plus can't trust Microsoft with Windows 10. Hate the way they rolled that out.
Windows 10 did have a resistance against it on /v/ for a while, but as far as "not my secret clubs" go, more and more dumbasses with it installed have flooded here and think it's perfectly normal and okay to have windows 10.
Still think the majority are against it though.
>>
>>388304809
I absolutely love seeing that pathetic Microsoft cock sucking faggot Monfan getting blown the fuck out into silence.

Christ that insufferable fanboy faggot deserves even more. I hope you're reading this Mona you subhuman piece of shit, keep shilling Microsoft and it's fucking dead subsidiary Xbox you weak cunt. The Xbox has no games and its going under, accept it.
>>
File: wii-u-pro-controller-1500x1000.jpg (115KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
wii-u-pro-controller-1500x1000.jpg
115KB, 1500x1000px
Wii U Pro > All
>>
>>388306109
It ain't funin leddit you retard. No one is going to read this whole of text here.
>>
>sticks where god intended
>every button is delicious
>weight adequate for a man to hold
>size adequate for western hands

At least you have third party controllers for the PS4 that imitate the Xbox controller, so you guys don't have to use the pathetic DS4
>>
>>388306530
>shit stick deadzones
>baffling stick placements
>no wired mode
>needs a specific dongle because the wii u used a proprietary wireless frequency
Nah.
>>
>>388306530
Emplacements are so weird
>>
PS4 would be good if it had better sticks and a layout better for for 3d platformers.
>>
>>388300748
I prefer the analog stick placement the face buttons on the DS4, but the bits right under R2/L2 are quite sharp so it tends to physically hurt to hold it for a long time.
Xbone controller has no such issues, and neither does DS1/2/3.
>>
>>388300748
Well you see, the Dualshock 4 is the worst iteration of the worst controller scheme to grace vidya. Dualshits 1-4 have all been trash and 4 is the worst of the batch with that pointless touch screen and LED.
>>
>>388303202
i rather use key logging drivers than keylogging os, faggot
>>
>>388306646
>>388306659
The stick placement is actually ideal for 3D games. Thumbs rest naturally on them and you have access to 4 shoulder buttons. Easily superior ergonomics to PS4/X1
>>
>>388306826
It sucks for 3D games because you have to move your thumbs downward in order to actually hit any of the action buttons, with no option to claw. The sticks for all of the Wii U controllers were shit on top of this.
>>
>>388306712
well i sold my xbox 360 along with its controllers. ds3 sticks feel sticky for some reason so im stuck with ds4 right now.
it baffles me how sonybros have any audacity to claim dualshock superiority when sony basically copied 360 controller design. from ergonomics to stick stiffness they changed the design as close as possible to 360.
>>
>>388306614
>It ain't funin leddit you retard.
Is that even English?
>>
>>388306941
Primary action buttons should be the shoulder buttons anyway
It's the current year people, come on
>>
Best ever
>>
>>388300748
Both are good. Only autists sperg out about MUH BESTEST CUNTROLLAH.
>>
>>388306530
>>388307072
If only they weren't made with absolutely shit parts.
>>
apparently the dpad is akin to the GBA SP
if that's true I'd be very interested in it because my DS4 doesn't stack up to my DS2 for my speedrun game
>>
>Canceled Scalebound specifically to fuck over platinum games and try and get Neir A canceled
>Canceled Fable
>Canceled Spark
>Fucked over D4 developers
>Fucked over Gigantic developers
>Fucked over Remedy
>Killed the halo series and refuse to fix MCC
>Tries to incessantly clone Sony and Nintendo games instead of doing anyhting original
>Invented a console that spys on you
>Invented paid online
>Invented artifical exclsivity
>Buys launch games off other consoles
>Invented no used games
>Is now trying to start a spec war to help balloon AAA budgets to starve off Nintendo and Sony

ANYTHING that benefits the Xbox that has to do with buying different or better parts off the AMD shelf should be tossed right back into their face.

Software competition is THE healthiest competition and they cant into it, everything they make is garbage, and everything to do in the industry is cancerous.

Microsoft needs to fuck off and the longer they stay the more cancerous the industry becomes. You might want military shooters and games as a netflix service to be the future of games but I sure the fuck don't. Microsoft is cancer and needs to be stopped.

Neck the Microsoft shills and stop supporting Xbox, that goes for their controllers too. Every product from that company is literal cancer.
>>
>>388307639
You forgot that MS invented and pushed DLC and in the early days influenced developers to patch their games later so they can earn money with each consecutive patches.
>>
>>388300748
DS4 feels small and just a little bit off in the hand, I've got a PS4 so i have the DS4 but I still use my 360 controller for my pc. I've used my brother's xbone controller and it feels like a step up from the 360 on most fronts.

>>388304809
I can see where you're coming from with this. I switched to W10 a year or two ago when i built my pc and it has just enough jankiness in the right places to keep you thrown off every now and then but to me the privacy stuff is extra shitty. I really want to like Microsoft but they always pull this shit
>>
File: Screenshot_447.png (173KB, 855x620px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_447.png
173KB, 855x620px
>>388302778
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.