[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I felt that the story was unsatisfying. There wasn't really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: gta 5.jpg (602KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gta 5.jpg
602KB, 1280x720px
I felt that the story was unsatisfying. There wasn't really any character development, and everyone gets away with their horrible crimes. I think at the very least, Trevor needed to die, and Michael needed to go to prison. Maybe Franklin could escape to another city or something. I guess then you couldn't run around doing side quests and buying property, but I'd prefer a better conclusion. Trevor is such a psychotic monster, and he just gets off scot-free.
>>
You can kill Trevor and take his money in the last mission
>>
Yeah, it was pretty shit. The only bits I enjoyed were the ones about Michael and his family.
>>
>>388294748
I'm thinking maybe that would have been a better ending. What happens if I decide I want to kill Michael.
>>
>>388294090
i thought the story was okay. didnt really care for the dave norton and fib angle
>>
>>388294797
For me, it's not that it's a BAD story, but it's that these awful people don't face any consequences for their countless murders that makes the story feel empty.
>>
>>388294836
Killing Michael is the worst ending you feel bad and the rich yoga asshole never pays you and Michaels family gets his money. You lose the one you don't kill as a friend cause Franklin can't be trusted after that.
>>
>>388295217
That might actually be a more satisfying ending.
>>
>>388295312
Trevor is still on the loose and pissed off at Franklin cause him and Michael were tsundere for each other. I think he tells Franklin to watch his back if you set it up so they run into each other on the street.
>>
>>388294090
The story is literally about 3 criminals who rob banks. Absolute garbage story.
>>
File: 1500671703201.png (431KB, 542x513px) Image search: [Google]
1500671703201.png
431KB, 542x513px
>>388294090
The character development wasn't in the story, it was in the side-activities. Unlike previous games, the details of most of the main characters are left out of the main story so you have to uncover the details of their personalities on your own time.
A great example of this is Franklin. Most people here think Franklin is a boring character due to his pragmatism and stoicism shown throughout the story. However, certain side activities, such as smoking weed, reveal traits hidden behind that mask he's hiding behind.
This also uncovers another problem which is hard to avoid in the method of character development that was chosen. Having the character development be open-ended in the way it is makes people averse to furthering the development of certain characters, such as Franklin, because they are boring, which is perfectly understandable.
It's a shame too, because GTA V had a unique method of character development that complements the game amazingly.
>>
>>388297259
I was just wondering if the guy who wrote those detailed character explanations was here.
>>
>>388297259
I liked Michael. I like how much he enjoyed movies, and how happy they made him, but I felt he needed to get punished.
>>
>>388297367
His whole family left him at one point during the game.
>>
>>388294090
>starts out well with Michael Trever conflict
>they meet and... nothing much happens?
>they start doing jobs for some retards
>they keep doing it for some reason
>remember they are fucked up criminals and they could just kill them
>oh now they're dead the end

The other two endings are even more out of nowhere stupid.

Story was a mess and most characters were boring or absent from the story. I miss GTA IV type of unique, cool mission givers with their own personality and usually even a little character arc.
>>
>>388297441
Yeah, but I mean, they get back together, and he murders more people afterward. I think putting him in prison would have been a good way to end it.

>>388297449
When you meet Trevor, the first thing he does is brutally murder a guy for almost no reason. He's set up as a complete and total psychopath, and I expected him to be kind of the villain of the story, and he'd die by the end, but he isn't. You just end up friends with him again.
>>
>>388294090
>There wasn't really any character development
Michael and his family have by far the most in that department of the three characters.

>everyone gets away with their horrible crimes
So like in pretty much every GTA? Because I don't think this is the franchise for you if you disagree.

>Maybe Franklin could escape to another city or something.
Ah, so you're black then?
>>
File: cjcozy.jpg (71KB, 720x602px) Image search: [Google]
cjcozy.jpg
71KB, 720x602px
>>388297324
Oh, I'm not him.
I'm not nearly as talented as him
Sorry to get your hopes up
>>
>>388297578
>When you meet Trevor, the first thing he does is brutally murder a guy for almost no reason. He's set up as a complete and total psychopath, and I expected him to be kind of the villain of the story, and he'd die by the end, but he isn't. You just end up friends with him again.

Yes, that is something that should've happened. But now you get a choice of killing him (which makes no sense from that part of the story and with Franklin) or you all live happily ever after.
>>
>>388297598
>>everyone gets away with their horrible crimes
>So like in pretty much every GTA?

Maybe it works in 3, the only other one I've played, because that guy is just a blank slate. If I'm actually supposed to care about the characters and the story, I just can't accept them all living happily ever after as a good conclusion.
>>
>>388297707
That's because you sound like a huge moralfag that doesn't realize GTA is not a franchise for moralfags. Pretty much every protagonist does shitty things and gets away with it in the end. Tommy is arguably the 'worst' protagonist in the franchise aside from Trevor and he ends up basically ruling Vice City.

Also if they didn't, you wouldn't be able to keep playing after the story missions were finished now would you?
>>
I get the feeling the game was inspired by Goodfellas in a lot of ways. The last part of the game where you go hunting down all your enemies to tie up loose ends reminds me of the "Layla" scene. But in Goodfellas, even though it's a fun movie, and you have a good time seeing all these characters do gangster things, it all goes to shit, and they all get punished in the end. It's a satisfying way to end the story, and there's something moral about it now. The bad guys get what's coming to them. GTA V is like if Goodfellas ended with the guys getting away with the heist and hanging out and drinking coffee in Joe Pesci's mom's house.
>>
>>388297816
>Also if they didn't, you wouldn't be able to keep playing after the story missions were finished now would you?
No, but I'd rather have a decent ending to the story. Or just put me back in the world to run around and do side quests and you don't have to give me an explanation. The game is fun. I'll keep playing even if these characters are supposed to be dead or gone.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.