[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>'In my opinion, people who still spend money on steam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: wolpaw.jpg (28KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
wolpaw.jpg
28KB, 400x400px
>'In my opinion, people who still spend money on steam are fucking idiots.'
I know he recently left Valve, but isn't that a bit much?
>>
source?
>>
He's not wrong.
>>
Source? But hes not wrong
>>
File: gabe.jpg (485KB, 699x960px) Image search: [Google]
gabe.jpg
485KB, 699x960px
>Half-Life was a mistake. It's nothing but a series of things I regret.
Um, wow
>>
He isn't wrong but I don't trust TPB anymore and I don't know where else to get games except direct downloads/mega links for older ones
>>
>>388293696
He should reboot oldmanmurray.com and start roasting the video game press again
>>
>>388294751
Could you imagine? That would honestly make up for this mess, at least for me. I really do wonder what he'll do now. I assume he'll take a long break for now, but I hope he'll still be involved in gaming. Pretty much any dev team would be happy to have him if he wanted to keep working, and of course, he could reboot OMM which I'm certain he would enjoy immensely.
>>
File: 1417328929950.png (126KB, 235x400px) Image search: [Google]
1417328929950.png
126KB, 235x400px
>bought HL2 is 2004
>can still play it
>can't play any of my PS3 games anymore
At least we'll have emulation soon
>>
>>388295623
>At least we'll have emulation soon
Implying anyone will bother besides barely making work one or two top exclusive for Patreon monies.
Days of works of passion are long gone, it's all about milking your playebase/fanbase/supporters now.
>>
>>388295831
The patreon is so the main guy and the graphics guy can work full time on it.
>>
>>388295513
A lot of stuff has happened after they stopped doing OMM, though. Including all of Youtube. Vidya is a bigger business now, and there's no shortage of le angry gamer commentary on its present state.
>>
Oh, no. Not me. I never lost control...
>>
>>388297839
Even a blog by him is good enough desu. Just something he updates whenever he feels like it. I just don't want him to do nothing, since I believe he still has so much to contribute.
>>
>>388293696
>but isn't that a bit much?

nope, it's true. The way you SHOULD be doing it now is trading keys and selling off rare drops and cards.
>>
>>388295623
why can't you play any of your ps3 games?
>>
>>388299232
It's in storage and I don't have enough HDMI ports on my TV. I technically could play it but I'd need to take it out and rearrange my entire TV area to do so. My Steam games will be a couple of clicks away until I grow out of vidya.
>>
>>388293696

I played and loved the HL games during their time but I will never understand why people thought it was such a masterpiece. Freeman had 0 personality, the story had nothing special about it, the atmosphere was good, great graphics and decent gameplay. It brought a dose of realism in games but Thief already did that first.
>>
>>388300129

The story was never anything special but the amount of care put into the various systems that drive the game's AI and atmosphere that lend the Goldsrc engine its flexibility and robustness basically made it something like Doom modding perfected. The only thing that's held Goldsrc and Half-Life modding back compared to Doom is that the engine isn't open source. You rarely see that level of care put into the finer, mundane details that drive the world's design and atmosphere as a whole, if at all, nowadays, despite overall fidelity improving and AAA costs skyrocketing.

In certain technical aspects Half-Life deserves every bit of the praise it gets, and not even Half-Life 2 quite matches it. In fact Half-Life 2 lost a number of clever details and design quirks in being built on Source.
>>
>>388293696
fake quote
>>
>still no source
>>
Even if other games pioneered some of the mechanics or concepts, Half-Life took and refined them.
Compare Goldsrc to other engines of the time and then the Source engine which Half-Life 2 and Black Mesa are built on, Source is more sophisticated overall but it just doesn't have the same flexibility in some areas and the pipeline is somehow just dog shit with all the extra hoops you have to jump through to achieve similar results.
>>
>>388299757
Youre fucking retarded
>>
>>388302463
wow, that exhausted your list of arguments real fast.
>>
>>388293884
IGG is a pretty decent DDL site as far as non-private sites go
>>
>"Valve is so evil am I right guys? Do I fit in yet?"
damn i know hl3 isn't happening but did anon go too far?
>>
>>388299757
So, you're lazy and there is nothing actually stopping you. Holy shit, are you an actual 500 pound neckbeard who can't walk so you have to sit at your computer all day!? Makes perfect sense why you'd love steam,
>>
>>388293696
He is correct.
>>
>>388302680
Keep eating shit, V.alvedrone.
>>
>>388300129

To sum that shit up, Half-Life was a masterpiece because the engine they built it on is fucking awesome, going all the way back to Quake. But it's the AI actor and entity systems and the user friendly pipeline (for the most part) that really made that game shine.

I can still go back to Goldsrc modding and have a decent time with it, but fuck ever having to touch the Source version of Hammer or anything having to do with the Source SDK for that fact. That shit continues to decay and become more and more frustrating to work with as the years go by.
>>
>>388302680
They aren't evil, just creatively bankrupt and hell bent on maintaining their near monopoly on digital distribution.
>>
>>388303152

workflow. It's workflow actually
>>
File: 1404399284518.jpg (100KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1404399284518.jpg
100KB, 640x640px
>>388302463
>>388302685
It's not worth the effort. My point was that my PS3 games aren't ready to play at a moment's notice like my PC games from the last 20+ years.
>>
>>388293696

Just buy the steam keys elsewhere for cheap. Pirating modern games in many instances is just too inconvenient that you've got to be a mega-autist NEET to deal with it, particularly in regard to updates. Steam also gives you cloud storage for your game library.
>>
>>388303923
You lazy piece of fucking fat filth. Neck yourself asap.

>be any other anon
>own multiple consoles
>have them all connected to same TV via hdmi splitter
>whichever console gets turned on automatically switches splitter to correct channel
>10 bucks on amazon

There is no excuse for your laziness. None.
>>
>>388293696
>Having a 13 year old account that is lvl 8 with 10 games.
THEY NEVER DECEIVED ME
>>
>>388305165
i mean aside from the fact that all of my console games aren't fun anymore because im dead inside and all i can play are mega autism games
>>
File: 1403183330234.png (88KB, 213x192px) Image search: [Google]
1403183330234.png
88KB, 213x192px
>>388305165
I don't see why you're so upset. There's also the fact though that nearly all PS3 games are locked at 720p and 30fps or below whereas every PC game will run at 60 or more. I'm happy to wait til I can play the PS3 games I missed at 4k.
>>
>>388305165
>keeping a dozen consoles plugged into your TV when you're only going to play 2 of them
sasuga
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.